Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

This is the best birthday update.

quote:

DAVE: gimme the pen
KARKAT: NO
DAVE: yes
KARKAT: NO
DAVE: yes
KARKAT: FINE TAKE IT!
DAVE: no
DAVE: were still drawing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Terezi walking in, seeing all of this, and ditching both of them would be the expected punchline to this drawn out and frequently very awkward joke, were this any other comic. But this is Homestuck, so we're probably going to get another half dozen pages of Karkat and Dave going at it followed by a tenuous hate snogging.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Goddamn this really reads like spoken conversation now. Dave reaching for insults (dump from a butt?) before falling back on his strategic reference supply was pitch-perfect.

Rose is pretty blaise about them wrecking her book. She must really be enjoying that trashy romance novel.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

We shouldn't overlook the other crucial piece of information: god tier pajamas are magic.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
This is the best series of updates since the bucket incident from the last intermission. I'm crying over here.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
W... why are they drawing dicks now :gonk:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

GenericOverusedName posted:

This is obviously leading to Dave and Karkat in a kismesis.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Some people thought that Karkat and Dave were going to fight to the death or something, but they are handling this much more maturely.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

GenericOverusedName posted:

KARKAT: YOU DREW THAT ONE
KARKAT: YOU DREW THAT ONE!!!!
KARKAT: DON'T PRETEND YOU DIDN'T!
DAVE: are you sure man
DAVE: thats the spooky thing about penis ouija you can never be sure who did the dicks
DAVE: was it you or me or maybe a ghoooost???

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Aw, look at that, they're bonding!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thundarr posted:

Terezi walking in, seeing all of this

That's not likely.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Can we stop beating around the bush and elect Dave Strider President of Everything already?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Well Manicured Man posted:

DAVE: thats the spooky thing about penis ouija you can never be sure who did the dicks
DAVE: was it you or me or maybe a ghoooost???

Someone needs "Penis Ouija" as a user name, with this as the custom title.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I had jokingly thought they were going to go into a kismesis earlier, now I'm not entirely sure they aren't. Huzzah for more face time for non-straight romance shenanigans, if so.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

This is both hilarious and adorable. It strikes me that Dave is good at loving with Karkat in exactly the same way as Terezi is, except Karkat deals with it even more poorly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's actually relatively well balanced too since Karkat now knows grids really get Dave's human goat. Fun times are ahead for sure.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I like to think that Kanaya is looking on at this kind of horrified while Rose is on the couch with her trashy romance novel.

Meanwhile Terezi and the Mayor are just working on Can Town.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Yesterday, SatansBestBuddy posted:

At least we all agree that this was a brilliant update that is unlikely to be topped for two, maybe three weeks, or maybe whenever Dirk confesses to Jake.

I am seriously terrible at predicting poo poo, last update made me laugh, this update had me in tears clutching my stomach in pain from laughing way, way too hard.

This is playing out so much better than I ever imagined, Hussie never stop, look I'm going to your store and buying merch right now just never, ever stop.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Nate RFB posted:

Aw, look at that, they're bonding!

That implies that Dave doesn't think that Karkat is terrible. Which I'm pretty sure he does. And not in the special way that trolls attach to a terrible person, just the normal way you hate a broken douche that is *literally* scheduling a girls time without her knowledge, like she is property.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

That's not likely.

I also would have accepted "I can't see that happening."

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

That implies that Dave doesn't think that Karkat is terrible. Which I'm pretty sure he does. And not in the special way that trolls attach to a terrible person, just the normal way you hate a broken douche that is *literally* scheduling a girls time without her knowledge, like she is property.

I think he's actually ironically warming to him because the whole "this is a fuckin masterpiece" bit is very "Dave just realised a terrible lovely thing was actually great" and speaks to Karkat too. Like, I think he probably at least appreciates that Karkat is hilarious as an object of mirth even though there's real tension between them.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

That's not likely.

You make a compelling argument. v:shobon:v

vvv that is why the argument is compelling! Yes, for the briefest of moments I forgot Terezi is blind because this comic hasn't had nearly enough Terezi recently.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 18, 2012

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Thundarr posted:

You make a compelling argument. v:shobon:v

It is a blindness joke.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
That elderly, bespectacled purple dragon is really angry at that wall.

jvempire
May 10, 2009

Boogaleeboo posted:

Considering Dave had no interest in how trollmance works, he's no more no less just annoyed at Karkat for being a weirdo. Karkat on the other hand... well I'm guessing this isn't going to be the last time we will be seeing awkward romance moments from him.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Karkat and Dave need to be careful to never fall asleep in each others' vicinity, lest one wake up with dicks drawn all over their face in purple Sharpie.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Boogaleeboo posted:

Karkat probably saw it handled that way in a troll romcom.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Karkat and Dave need to be careful to never fall asleep in each others' vicinity, lest one wake up with dicks drawn all over their face in purple Sharpie.

That ghost is a tricky fellow.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Karkat is aware that women are people too. He even upbraided Eridan for it. This is born from a deeper desperation.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Criminy motherdicking Christfucker, this string of updates is incredible. Seeing ~*~human X troll =*= ANGST~*~ is hilarious with every new set of pages. Please Hussie do not stop and I can die happy.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Zoolooman posted:

Karkat is aware that women are people too. He even upbraided Eridan for it. This is born from a deeper desperation.

I think this is more him trying desperately to put the genie back in the bottle with with Terezi without leaving Dave out in the lurch, because he knows that'd just be a dick move and might lead to violence. Karkat trying to be considerate is, amusingly enough, way more off-putting to Dave than him just being a screaming, braying rear end.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Fight-fuelled Ouija board of cock. This is the best update ever. I loving love how dysfunctional they are.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Damnit Karkat you dug yourself into this hole and now it's digging itself deeper :(

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
This entire thing is playing out the opposite of how the Eridan bit played out. Eridan decided that since he couldn't have Feferi he'd just up and kill everyone. When Karkat is confronted by a (possibly imagined) rival he immediately starts compromising and trying to make everyone happy.

It's kind of sweet, in a messed up, dysfunctional way.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Oh my god. Hussie has finally done it. He has written something that topped Dave's first conversation with Tavros as my favorite page ever.

This is loving magical.

Vaah posted:

President Ark fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 18, 2012

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

ActionZero posted:

Agreed, this is loving awesome.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It's probably not actually the case, but it really feels like they just completely forgot the original argument and now they're both just entirely focused on fighting over the ouija dicks.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Strongylocentrotus posted:

I have no idea what sort of terrible puppet related atrocities Bro has committed against sleeping Dave in his childhood, but I'm sure they are real, and I absolutely would not want to be the guy trying to prank a sleeping Dave.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ActionZero posted:

If this update doesn't end in a callback to the Equius/Aradia kiss scene with Karkat just :s:kissing a baffled Dave out of the blue, with a tiny Rose and Kanaya watching on, I will be mildly disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Boogaleeboo posted:

Karkat needs both Dave and Terezi to go along with this, which means he needs to approach both of them. Whoever he approaches second might say no forcing him to go back to person one and say, 'nope, deal's off'. And of the two, I'm sure Karkat has much less of a problem disappointing Dave.

Which is why he's approaching Dave first--not because he sees Terezi as property (remember, Trolls don't really have gender roles) but because if he has to run the risk of disappointing someone, it'll be the drat human.

Not that this will work, but hey.