Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Mystic Mongol posted:

Karkat needs both Dave and Terezi to go along with this, which means he needs to approach both of them. Whoever he approaches second might say no forcing him to go back to person one and say, 'nope, deal's off'. And of the two, I'm sure Karkat has much less of a problem disappointing Dave.

Which is why he's approaching Dave first--not because he sees Terezi as property (remember, Trolls don't really have gender roles) but because if he has to run the risk of disappointing someone, it'll be the drat human.

Not that this will work, but hey.

Of course, the fault is still on him for deciding to go ahead with this inane plan in the first place instead of, you know, just talking to Terezi. Without making a raving rear end of himself.

I know it's a challenge for Karkat, but I believe in him. He has hidden reserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It wouldn't surprise me if Dave and Terezi had a discussion beforehand and agreed that neither one wanted to get into any kind of romance with a member of the other's species.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
So Hussie pumps out like 5 comics a day.. where is he making his money because this has to be a full time job?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Ads and merch.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

A good poster posted:

Ads and merch.

The hell, is he actually getting two to four million views a day?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
yeah, but it's more like 800k that are unique people.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

A good poster posted:

Ads and merch.

He's probably still raking in the dough from that Photoshop plugin he made, although no one can really say how much. Apparently the combined income is sufficient for his needs, such as moving every few months to escape his rabid fans and buying new computers every time they break down.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

gently caress, just read the entire thing in two marathon sessions after hearing good things about it. I really really wish I hadn't heard about it until it was over, because now the waiting for updates is unbearable.

Especially when the last few updates were loving genius.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

A good poster posted:

Ads and merch.

According to softowl, mostly merch. Ads barely cover hosting.

havenwaters posted:

1.7 million when Cascade came out.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

havenwaters posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

I admit for some reason I don't see much of the ads :(

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library

team overhead smash posted:

gently caress, just read the entire thing in two marathon sessions after hearing good things about it. I really really wish I hadn't heard about it until it was over, because now the waiting for updates is unbearable.

Especially when the last few updates were loving genius.

Just wait until the next hiatus. That's when the cabin fever really starts building up.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

KARKAT posted:

KARKAT: YOU SMELL BAD.

Man, KK, you are not on your A Game today. I mean, you go on some fantastic rants, but "You smell bad."

Really?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Man, KK, you are not on your A Game today. I mean, you go on some fantastic rants, but "You smell bad."

Really?

They're talking in real life, so both of them are a little off-beat on their usual eloquence. Karkat says some beautiful things about grids though.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

glug posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

I admit for some reason I don't see much of the ads :(

You gotta whitelist homestuck. The ads are an entire community of their own.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Wrist Watch posted:

You gotta whitelist homestuck. The ads are an entire community of their own.

I'm convinced Hussie is drawing like half of these ads himself and sending them off to the advertisers to submit.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Android Blues posted:

They're talking in real life, so both of them are a little off-beat on their usual eloquence. Karkat says some beautiful things about grids though.

Oh my yes. Don't get me wrong, I love this little pen-power-struggle Dave and Karkat seem to be having, as Karkat struggled to draw the boxes, and Dave, with ease, is now just covering the page in cocks.

Poor Karkat catches none of the breaks. None of them.

cforrester
Apr 3, 2007

We thought the Lord was gonna call Joel home until we got this card. Cambot, can we show a picture of this one?
Dave counter-trolled Tavros so badly that Tavros ended up blocking him. Later he drove Gamzee into a homicidal rage just by sending him a YouTube link.

When it comes to loving with trolls, I think you'll find Dave is simply the best there is.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON
The best possible outcome that could come from this is Dave telling Terezi about the chart and Terezi being completely nonplussed

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

RickoniX posted:

The best possible outcome that could come from this is Dave telling Terezi about the chart and Terezi being completely nonplussed

Close, it would be that Terezi has already whipped up her own grid and opts to break it out at that time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Well Manicured Man posted:

He's probably still raking in the dough from that Photoshop plugin he made, although no one can really say how much. Apparently the combined income is sufficient for his needs, such as moving every few months to escape his rabid fans and buying new computers every time they break down.
What photoshop plugin is that? It's probably not a SBaHJ-ifier (but one can dream).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

What photoshop plugin is that? It's probably not a SBaHJ-ifier (but one can dream).

I just tried to type "Andrew Hussie Photoshop" into Google, and it auto-completed to "Andrew Hussie Phone Number" after I got to the PH.

loving internet.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Cabbit posted:

I just tried to type "Andrew Hussie Photoshop" into Google, and it auto-completed to "Andrew Hussie Phone Number" after I got to the PH.

loving internet.

Wait, did he really move because of rabid fans?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ominous Jazz posted:

Wait, did he really move because of rabid fans?

Well he never directly said that.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I believe he is responsible for this thing

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I can't find a link right now, but I think it has something to do with color theory. Dude really knows his colors.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Cabbit posted:

Close, it would be that Terezi has already whipped up her own grid and opts to break it out at that time.

And Karkat and Terezi's irreconcilable difference is their inability to agree on scheduling for vacillation

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

It is only Sunday of a long and possibly dreary week, and in one fell swoop, this update just made my whole loving week. :allears:

Now let's get the new album sometime soon and this week will be perfect.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I love that they are doing this in Rose's book of important mission notes.

If that book is one of UU's references, I wonder whether this page survives.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
If anyone feels inspired to make an avatar out of Rose making off with the troll smut book, uh.... dibs.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Walliard posted:

1.7 million when Cascade came out.
holy poo poo. Hussie would make millions if he made people pay ~$5 to view Act 7.

RickoniX posted:

yes I too believe the best possible option would be that Terezi is surprised and confused so much that she is unsure how to react :colbert:

snucks fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 19, 2012

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

snucks posted:

holy poo poo. Hussie would make millions if he made people pay ~$5 to view Act 7.

yes I too believe the best possible option would be that Terezi is surprised and confused so much that she is unsure how to react :colbert:

You know I've never actually bothered to look up the definition of that word; boy is there egg on my face

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The second meaning is "Unperturbed", which is probably what you meant.

So yeah nonplussed is a bizarre word :psyduck:

JessKay
Oct 16, 2011

Pessimism posted:

If anyone feels inspired to make an avatar out of Rose making off with the troll smut book, uh.... dibs.

Have at it.

(Was a rushed attempt, so I may well have hosed something up that I just didn't notice yet.)

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

pandaK posted:

Well he never directly said that.

It doesn't matter since they figured out his new address with GPS information as soon as he posted that picture of the die.

YggiDee posted:

I believe he is responsible for this thing

Yep. If you look you can see that he uses munsell color theory in a lot of Homestuck.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
These recent updates are absolutely killing me.

quote:

DAVE: thats the spooky thing about penis ouija you can never be sure who did the dicks

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Penis Ouija posted:

Have at it.

(Was a rushed attempt, so I may well have hosed something up that I just didn't notice yet.)

You now have the best name/avatar/title on the forums. :allears:

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
Stop biting my cape may be the greatest line in all of Homestuck.

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
I believe now we can turn the dial on the poo poo-meter to 'real'.

edit: Oh man and Kanaya has a chance to do some interspecies auspisticery.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I don't think I've ever laughed harder at a set of updates for MSPA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

king of no pants posted:

I believe now we can turn the dial on the poo poo-meter to 'real'.

Dave is using punctuation. I don't know what to believe anymore.