Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Luigi Thirty posted:

A serious lack of Join hands, let's go...

Seriously, that sounds like an educational film about suicide pacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Patriotism.

The horribly mangled "to what do is Patriotism, is therefore Patriotism you do is what it is" or whatever the hell that line is. Gold.
Every single thing is patriotic as long as you do it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

fenix down posted:

Every single thing is patriotic as long as you do it.

Except white pants.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Reminder that today is the last day of the March Madness sale. I think I'm going to pick up "What is Nothing?" and "If Mirrors Could Speak".

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Been awhile since I'v looked at Rifftrax. Apparently the last Time I bought anything from them was in 2009.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BigRed0427 posted:

Been awhile since I'v looked at Rifftrax. Apparently the last Time I bought anything from them was in 2009.

Go watch all of the Twilight movies with RiffTrax. NOW.

But make sure you're stocked up on booze first.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Go watch all of the Twilight movies with RiffTrax. NOW.

Not in one sitting!

9 hours of abyss-gazing will leave you in a state of utter madness.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Not in one sitting!

Oh, of course not! That's a fate I wouldn't wish on any man :gonk:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Not in one sitting!

"Whoah, man, you look rough. What happened?"

"I...I...I watched the...entire T..Twilight series inonesitting...and...I...can..no longer... completesentences."

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Universe Master posted:

"Whoah, man, you look rough. What happened?"

"... .... .... .... ... line?"

A bit more accurate.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
new VOD for sale! Frankenstein Island
sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_jczCw3kcM

Rifftrax posted:

When four hot air balloonists crash land on remote Frankenstein Island, one thing is certain: they have a dog named Melvin!
That’s about all we were able to figure out regarding the plot of Frankenstein Island. The rest is a glorious potpourri of insanity, including but not just limited to: jungle babes in leopard skin bikinis, a bedridden 200 year old man, zombie slaves, Kung-Fu, a brain in a jar, a confused John Carradine, a guy who looks like the protagonist of the fictional Twitter account DadBoner and a scene where a shirtless man injects a mannequin with a hypodermic needle. All things said, it’s a little less strange than The Room.
How did these men get here? What is the strange power that runs the entire island? There’s only 15 minutes left in the movie, is Frankenstein ever actually going to show up? Questions like these aren’t important on Frankenstein Island. How dare you ask them. Here, the bikini chicks are dancing with a snake now. Is that better? I thought so.
Mike, Kevin and Bill hop into a hot air balloon with Melvin (a pastrami sandwich), and head off into the wild blue yonder to riff Frankenstein Island!

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

The Piper posted:

I already went and bought this, because that's the kind of person I am (literally said "Oh, suh-weet" out loud at work when I checked my email) but where have all my d/l options gone? There's only .iso, .mpg, and 2 different kinds of .mp4s.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Molothecat posted:

I already went and bought this, because that's the kind of person I am (literally said "Oh, suh-weet" out loud at work when I checked my email) but where have all my d/l options gone? There's only .iso, .mpg, and 2 different kinds of .mp4s.

There's an option to filter out different file types on your files page. Make sure they're not filtered. I haven't bought this one yet so I'm not sure which options should be available for this release. Those might be the only ones.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I am pretty sure those are the only options, I bought it too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The Piper posted:

MST3K trivia time:

Frankenstein Island was directed by Jerry Warren. He also directed The Wild World of Batwoman. The actress playing Sheila Frankenstein? Yep, that's the Batwoman. Also, featured is Steve Brodie. He was in Batwoman, too, and starred in The Giant Spider Invasion.

John Carradine's in it, too.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mister Kingdom posted:

MST3K trivia time:

Frankenstein Island was directed by Jerry Warren. He also directed The Wild World of Batwoman. The actress playing Sheila Frankenstein? Yep, that's the Batwoman. Also, featured is Steve Brodie. He was in Batwoman, too, and starred in The Giant Spider Invasion.

Holy poo poo Batwoman? I loving love that episode. So drat weird. Can't wait to watch this tonight.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Does he warble out a theme song about taking the night train to Frankenstein Island?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Does he warble out a theme song about taking the night train to Frankenstein Island?

No, but this happens:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

No, but this happens:

Sold.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

No, but this happens:

Looks like an old Amy Poehler.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

Holy poo poo Batwoman? I loving love that episode. So drat weird. Can't wait to watch this tonight.

This won't feel right without a cheating short before it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

This won't feel right without a cheating short before it.

I'm sure there's a great short you can pick up to watch beforehand!

And wow, this movie was ridiculous. I really need to see some more Jerry Warren stuff. This guy is something else. Mike Nelson said it best: "This movie is like if the plots of Mulholland Drive and Donnie Darko had stupid baby."

X-O fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 21, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Upon mine vestibule that was a loving bizarre movie. I feel like I just had my brain scrubbed with Ajax.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Upon mine vestibule that was a loving bizarre movie. I feel like I just had my brain scrubbed with Ajax.

Seriously. The first hour is kind of mildly weird and a bit boring. But the last half hour takes a hard turn for the crazy and is completely insane.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wonder how much John Carradine got paid for what must've been at most about three hours' work.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I wonder how much John Carradine got paid for what must've been at most about three hours' work.

Several cases of good vodka, most likely.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
Hey, sorry to barge in here. I was just wanting to say, hey somebody (talented), please make a rifftrax of The Big Lebowski using the Shakespearean script that that brilliant goon scripted a couple years ago.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SnakePlissken posted:

Hey, sorry to barge in here. I was just wanting to say, hey somebody (talented), please make a rifftrax of The Big Lebowski using the Shakespearean script that that brilliant goon scripted a couple years ago.

That wouldn't really qualify as a rifftrax kind of thing. More just a alternate audio track.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Deadpool posted:

That wouldn't really qualify as a rifftrax kind of thing. More just a alternate audio track.

True enough, I guess. It would be not too difficult to do though. Has anybody already?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Think you're asking a little to much from a thread where people listen to three guys make Schnappi jokes.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

All the Prometheus talk had me itching to watch Alien again, so I remembered that Bill and Kevin did a Rifftrax on it. I really like it.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Has anyone seen Kevin and Bill's riff on the Star Trek episodes "World Enough and Time" and "To Serve All of My Days"? I really liked their Alien riff and wondered if those two were at the same level.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Has anyone seen Kevin and Bill's riff on the fan created Star Trek episodes "World Enough and Time" (...)

It's impossible for me to get through this, even with the riffs. I have to turn it off within 5 minutes. Unbearable at every level.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mister Kingdom posted:

MST3K trivia time:

Does it have any good old fashioned racism like The Wild World of Batwoman?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Think you're asking a little to much from a thread where people listen to three guys make Schnappi jokes.

Well, irregardless, I'm getting on the bus. I've always wanted to check out a rifftrax or two.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Has anyone seen Kevin and Bill's riff on the Star Trek episodes "World Enough and Time" and "To Serve All of My Days"? I really liked their Alien riff and wondered if those two were at the same level.

There are some very funny riffs, but I would have to admit that they do lose something without Mike and the three-man dynamic.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's impossible for me to get through this, even with the riffs. I have to turn it off within 5 minutes. Unbearable at every level.

Alright then, I'll just save the riffs for a time when I've bought just about everything and put the money towards Frankenstein Island

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Grandpa Pap posted:

There are some very funny riffs, but I would have to admit that they do lose something without Mike and the three-man dynamic.

Mike is the key really. He may not be the single funniest, but he's the key to making it work. The ones by himself are usually great. The ones with him and Kevin are good. But the ones without him, while good, just feel kind of empty. Mike is the glue guy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Deadpool posted:

Mike is the key really. He may not be the single funniest, but he's the key to making it work. The ones by himself are usually great. The ones with him and Kevin are good. But the ones without him, while good, just feel kind of empty. Mike is the glue guy.

False.

The Day After Tomorrow is the best one ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tony Danza Claus posted:

False.

The Day After Tomorrow is the best one ever.

It's good. Probably the best of the Rifftrax Presents. But I doubt it'd even crack my Top 25 as far as all the feature lengths go.

• Locked thread