Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Erasure posted:

And there are only two rape scenes
"only"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Suddenly, I miss Coffee Talk

Yeah, this conversation is making me verklempt; please stop talking amongst yourselves :mad:

e: I'll give you a topic. Homestuck characters are neither at home nor stuck in anything. Discuss.

loquacius fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 19, 2012

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

Erasure posted:

The narration has pointed out multiple times that the characters are 18, and they're drawn as such. And there are only two rape scenes, one of which involves the character being saved before it actually happened, and the other one being a single panel joke.

Oh man you cannot be serious right now

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

loquacius posted:

Yeah, this conversation is making me verklempt; please stop talking amongst yourselves :mad:

e: I'll give you a topic. Homestuck characters are neither at home nor stuck in anything. Discuss.

Isn't the meteor the de facto home for the derse kids and trolls now? And aren't they sort of stuck on it?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

They're at home with the ridiculous loops the universe keeps throwing them for, because they're usually so chill about it, and they're stuck in the inevitable causality of those loops. I look forward to hearing other (obviously wrong) interpretations!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Housetrapped.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Why was it called Hivebent if bent is not at all similar to stuck?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
John Egbert awoke one morning from fitful sleep to find himself... domicileembuggered

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Daius posted:

I think rather than Hivebent being just a variation on homestuck, it is also a variation on Earthbound, using the other meaning from 'bound, in that someone is intending to go somewhere. "I was bent on going to the theater." and "I was homeward bound." maybe?

I think I'm stretching a bit here but whatever

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Daius posted:

Bent can mean mentally stuck, in a way:
2. determined; set; resolved (usually fol. by on): to be bent on buying a new car.

It...kind of works.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I've always wondered if Earthbound meant "bound FOR Earth" or "bound TO Earth."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nobody got my SNL reference :negative:

Fister Roboto posted:

I always assumed it was the latter, but come to think of it the former probably makes more sense -- for the entirety of the plot, Giygas is bound for Earth, whereas I'm pretty sure that there isn't anything on Earth in the game that wants to be elsewhere.

PHOOsun
Nov 18, 2010

3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY

Nostalgamus posted:

Trying to make an avatar of the full SUPLEX sequence:

I'd like to claim this one, if no one else is interested ?

Also needs a tag line to go with it, I'm think either
"3V3RYBODY STOP WH4T YOUR3 DO1NG 1MM3D14T3LY!"
or
"DAVE: BOOYEAH"

thoughts ?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

I think rather than Hivebent being just a variation on homestuck, it is also a variation on Earthbound, using the other meaning from 'bound, in that someone is intending to go somewhere. "I was bent on going to the theater." and "I was homeward bound." maybe?

I think I'm stretching a bit here but whatever

"Bent" can mean "inexorably moving towards/aiming for/obsessed with". Like you could just say "bent on the theatre" or of course the old cliche "bent on world domination". So "bent" can really be analogous to "bound" both in the sense of "going towards" and that of "stuck with/in".

e: oh, I've been beaten! oh well. I guess I'm bent on redundancy.

Android Blues fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 19, 2012

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

loquacius posted:

You know what character this applies to? Vriska. She is not home(she is dead) but also not stuck in anything (since the dreambubbles are in constant flux). Let us chat more about Vriska.

(I got what is the referance)

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Seoinin posted:

John Egbert awoke one morning from fitful sleep to find himself... domicileembuggered

Urgh I wish I had the photoshoppes to mock an Indiana Jones movie cover with Jake English in: Ruin Trapped!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Fister Roboto posted:

I took it to mean both. "Bound for Earth" in the sense that the adventure spans the globe, and "Bound to Earth" in the sense that the protagonists are saving the world using melodies from places of power in the earth itself.

Now all of this is made moot mind you, by the fact that the title of the game is actually mother 2.

Jazu
Jan 1, 2006

Looking for some URANIUM? CLICK HERE

Seoinin posted:

John Egbert woke from strange dreams to find himself curiously transformed. Franz Kafka's Cageamorphosis.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
"Oh hey, 54 new posts wonder if there's an update?"

But there wan't. It was something much, much better. (Expect to see ads for the short story I'll be writing about this experience shortly!)

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Suddenly, I miss Coffee Talk

So the coffee spilling clearly means that it's troll blood because

Also, the crayon/pen they were using was the solidified blood of an unseen magenta troll obviously.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Saradiart posted:

So the coffee spilling clearly means that it's troll blood because

Also, the crayon/pen they were using was the solidified blood of an unseen magenta troll obviously.

The rainbow-colored coffee spill is an allusion to the spilling of more troll blood. And because the one color in it that wasn't already dead is Terezi's, that means that blah blah blah.

I find it funny people were expecting something terrible to break up this scene early. Like, we have to be relieved and say:

Erasure posted:

Good, Terezi's not dead.

Just because of a color effect on a random object. Trollpocalypse is still so fresh on the reader's mind that we have to keep looking for evidence for one of the main protagonists dying both offscreen and completely out of left field.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It was actually more because she was missing and not responding on Trollian than that.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I just like the idea that apparently the blind girl is the lookout

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Prison Warden posted:

I just like the idea that apparently the blind girl is the lookout

She surely wouldn't want to miss the delicious and no doubt fruity smells of the prismatic multihued dreambubbles.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mini-update, nothing of importance other than we appear to be headed to see John and Jade :3:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand perspective change.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Aw, I was hoping to at least find out what was going to be in that bubble. Like one panel of everyone just staring at a group of A1 ghosts or something and then we'd switch and post here all shaking our e-fists at the lack of dialogue or whatever. But I do want to know what the battleship gang's been up to as well, so whatever works!

That is very true.
vvv

Hamiltonian Bicycle fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 20, 2012

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Karkat writhing on a table after a suplex is a pretty good way to close a scene.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

It's not like we have any reason to be disappointed, the battleship group also happens to have a Dave. :cool:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Whatever we're about to see, I very much hope it involves reptiles.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Instead, Lord English wanders into the room, pulls aside the curtain, and crushes the ship between two fingers. The end.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
C'mon, Davesprite. If you're not surplexing John and drawing dicks on Baron von Salamancer, this change of perspective will be a decided downgrade.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's probably too early to hope for it, but I'm really pulling for a John dirtstache.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Midnight Raider posted:

It's not like we have any reason to be disappointed, the battleship group also happens to have a Dave. :cool:

Yeah but its the worst Dave :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dolash posted:

It's probably too early to hope for it, but I'm really pulling for a John dirtstache.

I was thinking the same thing. John starts growing a nasty ol' pubestache and even though he has a razor and plenty of shaving cream he refuses to shave because LOOK JADE I HAVE A MUSTACHE ISN'T THAT COOL??

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Rumda posted:

Yeah but its the worst Dave :colbert:

I've never seen someone be so incorrect in so few words.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Nostalgamus posted:

Let's try this avatar-making thing all the cool kids are doing:

dude unreal
you are like a cape magnet

This. This is the best thing.

Basically the whole segment was one giant chunk of avatar-ready pictures and quotes.

Erasure
Mar 15, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Going on grandpa's fine whiskers, John will have a bushy enviable mustache by the time he's 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Erasure posted:

Going on grandpa's fine whiskers, John will have a bushy enviable mustache by the time he's 15.

Don't forget ONE TON OF SHAVING CREAM. Dad probably shaved on an hourly basis.