Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
Behold my new avatar!

behold avatar? y/n

(Thanks Penis Ouija! You are as helpful as you are well named)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Rumda posted:

Yeah but its the worst Dave :colbert:

There are no worst Daves, only least best Daves. :c00lbert:

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Dead Daves are the worst Daves, they are the enemy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Don't forget ONE TON OF SHAVING CREAM. Dad probably shaved on an hourly basis.
With all that mangrit he probably had to shave hourly just to keep his roguish, rough-and-tumble facial hair from lunging out and inconveniencing passerby.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
I just figured he bought enough shaving cream to last him the rest of his life, so he'd never have to go shopping again.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
John has the consorts playing a lovely Ghostbusters MMO. This can only lead to incredible things. :allears:

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
I knew hussie kept mentioning that in the book for a reason.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

Mystic Mongol posted:

I just figured he bought enough shaving cream to last him the rest of his life, so he'd never have to go shopping again.

Yeah but he was at the store like every fifteen minutes for more cake mix. The dude's life was basically baking, shaving, and being proud of his derpy son.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
And you all said that this perspective shift would be a change for the worse. Oh ye of little faith.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Seoinin posted:

With all that mangrit he probably had to shave hourly just to keep his roguish, rough-and-tumble facial hair from lunging out and inconveniencing passerby.

I believe you mean wooing passersby.

Mystic Mongol posted:

But shopping for groceries is a dad thing, like driving a car and having a serious job!

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

Oh John, don't get used to being surrounded by guys who are dumber than you. Just enjoy it while it lasts.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
:stare: Nothing can top the last scene with Dave & Karkat, but this is practically a tie.

Seriously though, they need to stop crossing the streams; the consequences could be dire...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Nate RFB posted:

How are John/Jade's antics possibly going to live up to this?
That works.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gb_131334: glub glub glub i dont understand anything
Yeah, thats's about right for mmo genchat. wtt glub for nak pm plz.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
I just noticed on Jake's echeladder:

Foreshadowing?

Echeladder posted:

Hunk Rumpus Buster

:stare:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I'm trying to imagine how a Ghostbusters MMO would work, but group-busting would be an utterly awful chore. Noone else is specced for trapping? gently caress.

Looking at that picture I can't tell if anyone rolled a Venkman. The guy who got slimed? Looks more like a Spengler. Looks like it defaults to Rookie, though.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
My naysaying has been proven wrong. So wrong. :negative:

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
While I'm gonna miss the meteor crew, a Ghost Busters MMO on the battleship is an acceptable change of pace. I hope Nanasprite is baking John a cake for his birthday!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
haha... one of the players is asking a/s/l. 1 day/male white carapace/battleship.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I would play the poo poo out of a Ghostbusters II MMO. And so would all of you and you know it.

I love that even though they're only playing with consorts and chess people, someone's still asking "a/s/l?"

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
This just keeps getting better, like one of those russian dolls but the insides are like, way better man.

Way better.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lord of Laughton posted:

haha... one of the players is asking a/s/l. 1 day/male white carapace/battleship.

nak/nak/nak

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Seoinin posted:

gb_131334: glub glub glub i dont understand anything
Yeah, thats's about right for mmo genchat. wtt glub for nak pm plz.

wtb [Egon's Bouffant] 300g pst

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Evil Mastermind posted:

nak/nak/nak

Those crocodiles always seemed a little lurid to me. Probably Dave's influence.

Weirdly heartening to hear there are hundreds of chess-people about. I was reminded of WV's scary dream though, I really hope they don't form a new community in exile only to be bloodily murdered somehow when everyone meets up again.

Seriously, better enjoy the quiet before the murder-storm, endearing background characters.

edit: Also an endearing small point that John specifically says "A few people" in reference to the consorts and chess-folk. Indicates a certain amount of integration.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 20, 2012

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Evil Mastermind posted:

I would play the poo poo out of a Ghostbusters II MMO. And so would all of you and you know it.

I love that even though they're only playing with consorts and chess people, someone's still asking "a/s/l?"

I bet it's Davesprite.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

John, you are inside the world's biggest and most complex MMORPG. You do not been to get recursive on us.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Alright, this is probably falling into "thinking too hard about it" territory, but.. John can somehow connect to a MMORPG server while between universes? I mean, ignoring that an Earth MMORPG server would still be running (literally, because the internet itself should be wrecked as a whole if Earth gets carpet bombed by meteors so that is just Not A Thing), I thought the whole point of the communications blackout was that they couldn't transmit to anything outside their little inter-universal bubble.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Alright, this is probably falling into "thinking too hard about it" territory, but.. John can somehow connect to a MMORPG server while between universes? I mean, ignoring that an earth MMORPG server would still be running (literally, because the internet itself should be wrecked as a whole if Earth gets carpet bombed by meteors so that is just Not A Thing), I thought the whole point of the communications blackout was that they couldn't transmit to anything outside their little inter-universal bubble.

John got a bunch of consorts and agents to play it; presumably these are the only players.

Where he got the server program from, I don't know. But that shard is on the battleship and so is everybody playing on it.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
The Ghostbusters II MMO was actually what the internet was made for in Hussieland.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

He probably just did some captcha-alchemy to make a server copy of the MMO from the client copy, then ran it on one of the many computers he's alchemized.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Maybe Ghostbusters II is solely a peer-to-peer MMO, maintained via torrents. Everyone is the server, simultaneously!

*I don't actually know how poo poo works

transientgrifter
Jan 31, 2012

Use the surge of fear and adrenaline to sharpen your decision making!
I wish the games I found for a dollar at my local store bargain bins were that awesome.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cabbit posted:

Alright, this is probably falling into "thinking too hard about it" territory, but.. John can somehow connect to a MMORPG server while between universes? I mean, ignoring that an Earth MMORPG server would still be running (literally, because the internet itself should be wrecked as a whole if Earth gets carpet bombed by meteors so that is just Not A Thing), I thought the whole point of the communications blackout was that they couldn't transmit to anything outside their little inter-universal bubble.

Would it matter that much? If the server was on the battleship and all the clients were on the battleship then it all works out and youd just need a beastly hub to support a couple hundred peopel at once.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I laughed at the "jade please. you never cross the streams, everyone knows that" and her response is ":p". Pretty much that whole page cracked me up.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Cabbit posted:

Alright, this is probably falling into "thinking too hard about it" territory, but...

You are thinking too hard about it. Especially considering the whole "players in the medium can connect to players on Earth even though their house has no power or internet connection any more" thing. It seems like apart from certain areas/conditions of blackout, computers after entry are basically magic and always perform their intended function regardless of how possible it is, hilarious and outlandish viruses aside of course.

Acidophilus
Aug 27, 2009

What's all this then?
Davesprite's wings are back to normal! Hooray for him! I wonder if John was able to con Nannasprite into playing too?

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
Oh god, Jade, that is the worst ghost buster ever! :gonk:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good dog, best buster.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
How is that possible, I just checked the site not five seconds ago and now there's an update?

And why aren't we privy to what Davesprite is saying, Hussie why are you keeping hilarity away from us? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
jade no what are you doing