Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Upmarket Mango posted:

Is there a mod that removes the thin black outline from decals?

I think that has something to do with Transparency Multisampling and AA settings. Meddle with those settings and see if it goes away--I know I fixed it on my desktop but I can't remember what I turned on / off to accomplish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I think that has something to do with Transparency Multisampling and AA settings. Meddle with those settings and see if it goes away--I know I fixed it on my desktop but I can't remember what I turned on / off to accomplish it.

Ah, thanks for the tip. I guess I need both AA and transparency multisampling on to get rid of it.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
I am using ExtendedNVRadio to listen to my music but when I get near a radio and I'm listening to my pipboy at the same time, It starts to get all messed up and the game slows down. Can anyone tell me why? I hate having to turn off my radio when I go in a building.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe
Need some troubleshooting help!

I just installed The Armory for the first time and I'm getting a weird texture glitch on every melee weapon and rifle that's been added in. Pistols look fine though.

I'm not running any other weapon mods~

Edit: screenshots ahoy!

SombereroLad fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 19, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SombereroLad posted:

Need some troubleshooting help!

I just installed The Armory for the first time and I'm getting a weird texture glitch on every melee weapon and rifle that's been added in. Pistols look fine though.

I'm not running any other weapon mods~

Naky might know what you're talking about but can you post a screenshot of this glitch?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I can't really help troubleshooting a whole lot at the moment since I'm still working but some details would help in the meantime:

- FOMOD or 7zip?
- graphic setting (low, medium, high)?

The screenshots tell me they may be missing textures so if you're using the FOMOD make sure you have enough space on the drive your extraction software uses as its temp folder. In the meantime, try the 7zip version and manually extract the textures folder into your data folder and see if that fixes it anyhow.

If there are active people in our IRC channel they could probably help troubleshoot as well. #thearmory @ irc.synirc.net

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Are there any decent mods that give the player's animations and other NPC's visible limb crippling?

I used to have an all right one, the player would get hunched over and kind of limp awkwardly when crippled- however, I just did a fresh install for the sake of having not played the game in a while and wanting to get my old mods a little more organized, and I guess whatever it was from I didn't save or chose not to use.

It's always great that whenever I inevitably come back to this game, this thread is still hovering near the front page with new stuff.

Edit: Nevermind, just started doing it now for whatever reason.

Bobby The Rookie fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 20, 2012

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Naky posted:

I can't really help troubleshooting a whole lot at the moment since I'm still working but some details would help in the meantime:

- FOMOD or 7zip?
- graphic setting (low, medium, high)?

The screenshots tell me they may be missing textures so if you're using the FOMOD make sure you have enough space on the drive your extraction software uses as its temp folder. In the meantime, try the 7zip version and manually extract the textures folder into your data folder and see if that fixes it anyhow.

If there are active people in our IRC channel they could probably help troubleshoot as well. #thearmory @ irc.synirc.net

I installed it through FOMOD, and I've got graphic settings on ultra.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Did you maybe run out of harddrive space while installing the mod? It's quite a bit bigger uncompressed. FOMM doesn't warn you.

Keidrych
Feb 3, 2011

Thank god. Your precious SCOTTY DOGS are still here. You don't know what you'd do without them. You don't want to even think about it.

Chinese Tony Danza posted:

I don't know of any such mod personally, although I will shamelessly self-promote Mysterious Broadcast: Extended as it's available in all areas being a station added by DLC.

Thanks. This actually works better then the solution I was wanting.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SombereroLad posted:

I installed it through FOMOD, and I've got graphic settings on ultra.

Try the 7zip and let me know then? This is the first time we've had a report like this since we released 2.5 so I'm hoping it's just a lack of space/FOMOD installation screw up.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It's slightly :nexus: but if anyone is planning on doing a Legion playthrough I suggest "Slavery Simple". It let's you enslave people to sell to the Legion for good money and some XP as well.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Swartz posted:

It's slightly :nexus: but if anyone is planning on doing a Legion playthrough I suggest "Slavery Simple". It let's you enslave people to sell to the Legion for good money and some XP as well.

Nexus indeed. 3rd screenshot pic is of a woman in a see through corset and stockings tied upside down to a pole :stare:. Think I'll avoid that one. Are there no other non-creepy slavery mods out there, something simple like the Paradise Falls stuff in FO3?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Daktar posted:

Nexus indeed. 3rd screenshot pic is of a woman in a see through corset and stockings tied upside down to a pole :stare:. Think I'll avoid that one. Are there no other non-creepy slavery mods out there, something simple like the Paradise Falls stuff in FO3?

The solution is obvious: make one. I made TA when I was frustrated at the terrible quality of existing weapon packs. Modding really isn't that hard.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There's a fallout 3 mod that lets you use the Mesmetron on anyone, maybe you could port that over or something?

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

Does anyone have a list of what Joshua Graham has on him? I'm trying to figure just what he has that's gone missing from the game, but... trying to pickpocket or kill him is impossible. I'm assuming it's the .45 pistol, which got renamed to .45 auto pistols, but I can't remember what mod changed that.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Commissar Of Doom posted:

Does anyone have a list of what Joshua Graham has on him? I'm trying to figure just what he has that's gone missing from the game, but... trying to pickpocket or kill him is impossible. I'm assuming it's the .45 pistol, which got renamed to .45 auto pistols, but I can't remember what mod changed that.

Open console, click on the guy. It should say "Joshua Graham". Type inv. Use removeitem _______ command with the FormID next to each item on the list until you find the culprit.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Daktar posted:

Creepy yes, but whatever that pic is from involves other mods or something because I've been playing Slavery Simple and it's all been fine.

It was fun selling No Bark to the Legion, plus you can make slaves eat people you've killed :)

Swartz fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 20, 2012

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Naky posted:

Try the 7zip and let me know then? This is the first time we've had a report like this since we released 2.5 so I'm hoping it's just a lack of space/FOMOD installation screw up.

I'm betting it's a FOMOD screw up, i've got well over 100 gigs left of space on my hard drive. I'm trying the 7zip right now~

(Thanks for the help by the way, Guys like you own)

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
Finished the Marksman Carbine (finally!)

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=45656

Beaumont
Dec 12, 2011
I've just done a clean reinstall of NV to prepare for a Requiem for the Capital Wasteland playthrough. Anyone got any advice/recommended mods before I start? Should I just be playing modded F3 instead to save on potential headaches?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
You will definitely have at least some bugs, although their major-ness will vary. You'll want to somewhat learn the console commands to move people around and advance quests since there will be parts where you need to use them to get past bugs.

The most notorious one is the crash coming out of the Tranquility Lane simulator, just use the console to advance the quest as soon as you see the pod thing opening up.

Here are some notes I took while playing through it somewhat, they are not formatted nicely or written well but it goes into more specific things that I had to do. I think the Doc Mitchell stuff is just copy pasted from someone else or something because I don't remember typing that poor of English:

how i did requiem
choosing to start in nevada crashed, so i went with DC
did normal fallout 3 tutorial poo poo until exiting vault
went straight to the nevada connecting sewer, then to goodsprings
went into doc mitchells house and did the following procedure (otherwise i'd get stuck there unable to move)
1.Come into the house to Doc Mitchell
2.To type in the console:killall
3.To approach to Doc Mitchell;to cause the console;to press on Doc Mitchell and to print:resurrect
4.Wait,when Doc Mitchell will reach to the vigor tester
5.Print in the console:setstage xx104c1c 70
6.Follow Doc Mitchell and sit down on a sofa
7.In dialogue with Doctor Mitchell we cause the console and write:setstage xx104c1c 110
8.We finish dialogue with Doc Mitchell and go on an exit
that seems to be it, hopefully game works from here.

EnablePlayerControls if crouching etc breaks

playing through fallout 3 storyline and a few missions, seemsmostly ok so far
with the exception of super mutants (but not their armor) being invisible, and a fair bit of dialog not playing audio

traq lane crashes as you try to get out the chair. to fix it, as soon as you go through the door and load,
bring up the console right away, and use "Setstage xx014E8A 75", the xx being 03 in this case (or whatever fallout3.esm is)
during "waters of life", the scientists didn't want to follow me inside, so i used prid and moveto player to move them intot he building and they went to their proper spots from there.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

A request for help from Cirosan, or anyone else able to help, with returning my companions magical ammo.
I really like your followers module from your overhaul but I'm finding managing ammo to be more micromanaging than I'm willing to put up with. I've tried the console command setstage xx003315 1 (with xx replaced with the mods form id) and it's not working. I'm getting a message that it's outside quest parameters.
Any help or advice on what might be going wrong?

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Naky posted:

I tried it from the 7zip and the same deal.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

SombereroLad posted:

I tried it from the 7zip and the same deal.

:stare:

Uh, I guess swing by the IRC channel so we can bounce a bunch of ideas off you to help fix without spamming the thread. Definitely need to get to the bottom of it though.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Helith posted:

A request for help from Cirosan, or anyone else able to help, with returning my companions magical ammo.
I really like your followers module from your overhaul but I'm finding managing ammo to be more micromanaging than I'm willing to put up with. I've tried the console command setstage xx003315 1 (with xx replaced with the mods form id) and it's not working. I'm getting a message that it's outside quest parameters.
Any help or advice on what might be going wrong?
I'll be sure to check that out. My New Vegas install suddenly doesn't want to start anymore, so I need to sort that out, but I'll try to pinpoint the source of this bug as soon as I have it working again.

In the meantime, try entering the console command set xx003315.uninstall to 1. Barring that, try entering the previous two commands using the ID xx00080A instead.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Thanks for getting back to me Cirosan.
I tried those new commands and get a message of unknown variable using either id with .uninstall to 1.
setstage xx00080a 1 runs with no error message but doesn't make any changes to companions weapons or ammo when I check their inventory. I tried it with them both hired and fired but no change.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Earlier, Swartz mentioned something about a mod called, "Slavery Simple" for anybody who was interested in doing a Caesar's Legion build. Just recently I found this mod on the Nexus, which looks very interesting. While I'm not a huge fan of getting rid of the Legion's football gear (I think it fits in well with Fallout's strangeness), I have to admit that this comprehensive overhaul does make the Legion a whole lot cooler--and without looking out of place. Also, it adds a voice-acted Legion companion? About time.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Figured I might as well do some explosives

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Arenovalis posted:

Figured I might as well do some explosives

Nice detailing on the hinge and breech lock.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Thanks! I got the game version mapped and rendered normal maps.

Shown with 5 minute base materials.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I find it amusing that your preliminary 5 minute base textures are often better than the textures that people spend days on.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I tend to shy away from modding for the most part, but if there's one thing that annoys the living hell out of me it's the lack of a light armor tag on the X-13 stealth suit. I saw the Legacy of X-13 Armor mod in the OP, anyone have any experience with that particular tweak? Would you say it's pretty stable if so?

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
Are there any custom face mods out there or ones that change all the presets, or even just some good chargen settings? Try as I might with the character creator, I simply can't make a character that isn't one ugly motherfucker, I thought this one was okay, then in-game realized it looks like a woman.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

TehGherkin posted:

Are there any custom face mods out there or ones that change all the presets, or even just some good chargen settings? Try as I might with the character creator, I simply can't make a character that isn't one ugly motherfucker, I thought this one was okay, then in-game realized it looks like a woman.

For females, I tend to use PoliceAutomaton's oblivion head mesh conversion and for males I tend to use the geonox hero race mod. Both create decent looking characters for each race.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
I haven't played or modded FONV in a long time (pre-DLC) and when I went to grab some mods I installed Nexus' own mod manager. Is this a replacement for FOMM? Should I dump the nexus one? Do they play nice together? I'm so confused.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

wylker posted:

I haven't played or modded FONV in a long time (pre-DLC) and when I went to grab some mods I installed Nexus' own mod manager. Is this a replacement for FOMM? Should I dump the nexus one? Do they play nice together? I'm so confused.

I use and prefer FOMM for FNV still, yes.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Stick with FOMM; Nexus Mod Manager doesn't have some features that FOMM does, and some mods won't work properly with NMM.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, I wanted to buy the DLC for New Vegas, and it ended up being cheaper to just buy the complete edition from Wal Mart. I added the Steam key successfully, and I see the DLC as active on Steam, but I don't have the radio stations nor do I see it in the actual 'Data Files' section. Do you guys have any idea on what I might do to fix this?

*Edit*

I also got a Raider pack DLC which seems to function just fine.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If you don't see the DLC files in the Data folder, you don't have the DLC downloaded.