Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

This is improbable? Is there some kind of thing with English that means you'd always pronounce the "d" in "and" if you dropped the "h" in his?

Durkon's accent is referred to as improbable early in the comic.

Mystic Mongol posted:

What's with the red title?

Somebody got really angry that I dared complain about people not reading the previous page of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Jesus gently caress, can we please not have absurd accent derail here? I can even stomach alignment debates, but *seriously*

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Prediction: V is going to use this time of unconsciousness to have a chat with someone that may exist only in his/her dreams. Similar to Belkar having that vision that made him emerge as a sexy shoeless god of war again.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Let me lay this whole thing to rest: I'm Scottish and that is exactly how I would pronounce that sentence in ordinary everyday speech. :colbert:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Suaimhneas posted:

Let me lay this whole thing to rest: I'm Scottish and that is exactly how I would pronounce that sentence in ordinary everyday speech. :colbert:
Vocaroo that poo poo please.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Suaimhneas posted:

Are you also a dwarven?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Nenonen posted:

Are you also a dwarven?

Surprisingly enough no. I don't know much more than the basics of D&D, is someone about to post a detailed essay explaining the rules about how accent varies with height? If so I will bow to their superior knowledge.

Also I don't own a microphone, sorry NihilCredo :(

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I hope Rich is OK...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Must be, because he just recently posted this in his Twitter:

Also judging by his work-o-meter he might be a little busy.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I like how I have no idea what the colors, dots and blocks on the work-o-meter mean.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

terminal mehmet posted:

I like how I have no idea what the colors, dots and blocks on the work-o-meter mean.

Neither does he if you read back where he explains the chart.

I kinda see Rich as a real life B.A.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

terminal mehmet posted:

It's magic.

quote:

It's different for every item, but suffice to say that the red dot is the initial "concept" solidifying in my mind, the yellow is the planning or ordering, and the green is the production (whether by me in the form of comic pages or by a printer).

So as you can see, according to the chart the Roy Greenhilt magnets have been produced, while the participation patches are just entering production and colouring books are mostly printed.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I want another dot on the right side for "Shipped!"

I hate demanding fans like me.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

HKR posted:

The GM from Knights of the Dinner Table?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

terminal mehmet posted:

I want another dot on the right side for "Shipped!"
The purple name should be that, I believe.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

HKR posted:

Baracus?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NihilCredo posted:

The purple name should be that, I believe.
I think that just means completed since I don't think he's shipping things until each package is complete.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

HKR posted:

B. A. Felton?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

prefect posted:

Baracus?

This is how I choose to interpret what he said.

I'm now imagining Mr. T at an art table drawing stick figures.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Nenonen posted:

It's magic.

So as you can see, according to the chart the Roy Greenhilt magnets have been produced, while the participation patches are just entering production and colouring books are mostly printed.

I think it just means that he's (nearly?) finished the art for the colouring books.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So how many Order Of The Stick imitators are there, exactly?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Is it the finished work-o-meter? Or a work-in-progress work-o-meter? Work-o-meter needs to be on the work-o-meter.

It's fun to say "work-o-meter."

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Speedball posted:

So how many Order Of The Stick imitators are there, exactly?

2? I think?

Keychain of Creation and that other utterly horrid one I cant even remember

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

CommaToes posted:

I'm now imagining Mr. T at an art table drawing stick figures.

I pity the fool who didn't bring a ten foot pole?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Man, I hope Rich is okay.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

I heard he lost a million dollars the other day. He probably killed himself.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Now that's using your intelligence score.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

:siren: New comic :siren:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0846.html

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Well that does it for the statue theory, heck it isn't even the right size.

I guess they're sort of back to square one, nothing to do but root around until they find something that points them to the gate.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

They're spending an awful lot of time ignoring poor old Vaarsuvius.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I gotta say, this is appearing to be kinda disappointing. I was hoping to see all the cool, clever illusions that Girard had crafted to protect the gate.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

ShadowCatboy posted:

I gotta say, this is appearing to be kinda disappointing. I was hoping to see all the cool, clever illusions that Girard had crafted to protect the gate.

What makes you think you aren't?

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know

ArchRanger posted:

That's how the comic ends. "And this whole adventure was just one of Girard's illusions?" "Yep." Fade to black.

Tinyn
Jan 10, 2003

ArchRanger posted:

They all faded, and weren't being recast by his dead family any more?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Tinyn posted:

The point is that when you're dealing with an epic level illusionist, you should take essentially nothing at face value. They might have faded, they might have never existed, they might all be subject to one of them now and not know it.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Epic magic is so hosed the entire temple or last 5 strips or so could have been an illusion.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Tinyn posted:

That might very well have just been paranoia or an extra safety precaution. If a spell ran out at noon, you might want to have someone go out and renew it a few minutes before noon just so it doesn't fade out for any length of time.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

The illusion is so powerful we thought the kickstarter actually happened

Boldor
Sep 4, 2004
King of the Yeeks

ShadowCatboy posted:

I'm skeptical that Girard is actually dead, even though the Order is being directly faced with a body. Girard was of comparable age to Dorukan, who was old but healthy until relatively recently. And epic spellcasters in particular ought to have access to all manner of life-extending magic or feats. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to have died a natural death 20 years ago. It's not out of the question, but it's something that's highly suspicious at the very least.

Roy ought to be aware of this (he's been perceptive so far in this arc), and so should Rich Burlew. It's not easy circumventing such magic, especially without Vaarsuvius, and even if you know you're being subjected to it. What's more likely is that the Order has successfully penetrated the fading illusions of the now-dead Draketooth family members; think of that as a first line of defense. Without the Familicide spell, even that would have been an accomplishment, seeing as how even the lesser Draketooths appear to have included multiple 16th+ level sorcerers. However, they haven't started seeing through (or necessarily even finding) Girard's own illusions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Girard is also 1/4th Dragon, which has a way of increasing your lifespan.