Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

beatlegs posted:

You'd think by now manufacturers would put a bittering agent in it or something, christ.

Hope your kitty is OK

they do, usually with denatonium.

unfortunately...

quote:

However, some cats have been known to be tempted by them — it may not be as effective a deterrent for cats as it is for humans, or perhaps some cats are not deterred due to a genetic factor similar to that affecting human perceptions of the taste of phenylthiocarbamide.[citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

if caught right away they can administer an antidote that prevents the kidney from metabolizing the ethylene glycol, which is when the real problems start.

hoping for the best!

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the best way to have handled that gif would have been to crop out everything but the cat, make a single frame without it, then use that frame as the background layer

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm crazy, though, so y'know

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

cats love birds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haCmYPp_MHg

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

cattes that feint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC_9aFuEkA

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Trap Star posted:

cattes that feint
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CC_9aFuEkA

great, welcome to yospos. now get the gently caress out

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

High five!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

beatlegs posted:

High five!

im the kitten on the right who doesnt give a gently caress because im totally peeing myself all over and it feels nice

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

beatlegs posted:

High five!

nice duhkittens

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Look at these goddamn tiny cattes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p3yLCfiYXA

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
would, would

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

dur posted:

is you cat's name really zsa zsa

one of my cats is zoey and my wife always calls her zsa zsa

yup i posted her a long while back:

she kept tearing up the wallpaper so now she lives where her energies can be put towards mousing

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I know that I don't have a cat picture to accompany this, but should a loved one (cat/dog/other) ingest anti-freeze, you can buy more time to get them to the vet by giving them a beer. Alcohol Dehydrogenase is the enzyme that works down the ethylene glycol and it has a higher affinity for ethanol, so it will work on the alcohol in the beer before the anti-freeze and slow the rate of crystal formation in the kidneys. Or at least that's what my biochem teacher told me.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Tasoth posted:

I know that I don't have a cat picture to accompany this, but should a loved one (cat/dog/other) ingest anti-freeze, you can buy more time to get them to the vet by giving them a beer. Alcohol Dehydrogenase is the enzyme that works down the ethylene glycol and it has a higher affinity for ethanol, so it will work on the alcohol in the beer before the anti-freeze and slow the rate of crystal formation in the kidneys. Or at least that's what my biochem teacher told me.

Thank you, that's a good thing to know.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Tasoth posted:

Good luck with getting a catte to drink beer when they won't even use their water bowl half the time.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
really late but for that tongtumblr my cat's name is lily

TOOT BOOT posted:

Good luck with getting a catte to drink beer when they won't even use their water bowl half the time.

beer syringe?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

DOOMocrat posted:

gay orange cattes, tong tumblr, fish semen

trig's doing the lord's work if the lord was played by john waters

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Trig Discipline posted:

smash mouth drink the antifreeze

that would have done us a lot more good ca. 1990

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
DRINK THE BEER. DO YOU WANT TO HAVE CRYSTALIZED KIDNEYS??

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Fanged Lawn Wormy posted:

DRINK THE BEER. DO YOU WANT TO HAVE CRYSTALIZED KIDNEYS??

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

beer syringe?

Then someone walks in and you struggle to explain why you're forcefeeding your catte PBR from a syringe.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

The cat I had as a young lad got into some antifreeze and ended up on k/d for the rest of her life which fortunately was many many years afterwards. Hope your cat makes it. I really should scan those old pics I have of that cat.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Trig Discipline posted:

wtf is that black flag

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

wtf is that black flag

european space agency

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

nwo shadow government

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

hail the new world order
hail the illuminati
hail satan/baphomet/lady gaga, idk who's in charge right now

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I went to Australia and saw this lazy punk guarding the stairs down to the warf.

Not nearly as lazy as the Louie awaiting me at home though

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
Put the beer in a glass and try to keep it from the cat.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

Paws 'n ear 'n sun. And boopy nose.

MachDecimal
Aug 14, 2009

how the hell does a cat open a bottle of antifreeze in the first place :psyduck:

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

not a japanese cat.

what sort of ahhh spiders post is this

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Star War Sex Butt posted:

not a japanese cat.

what sort of ahhh spiders post is this

how od you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
durrr im a clothesminded gently caress and i think ajapanese cat cant speak english