Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The best part of that banner is Tea glaring at him, as if to say, "I'm the one who's supposed to speak for this comic, ya jerk."

Looking forward to further Gunnerkrigg goodies. And to think I was going to spend my income on things like basic necessities and food and crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey Tea-San could you do a few widescreen versions of the wallpaper? I've got a MacBook and the screen res is like... 900 by 1440 or something dumb like that :v:

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Aw look Tom prettied himself up for that banner.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Tom posted:

Topatoco. I hope to have more things up here now that I can spend the time to think about them. More shirts? Sure! Prints and all that? Yes! Special things such as Coyote plushies, hoodies, more books and anything else I can think of? Heck yes I hope so!

So looking forward to stuffed Coyote plushes. :allears: I don't like the shape of the Reynardine plush in the topatoco store, so hopefully a Coyote one will be better.

Oil paintings would also be amazing.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Hey Tea-San could you do a few widescreen versions of the wallpaper? I've got a MacBook and the screen res is like... 900 by 1440 or something dumb like that :v:

Use the 1920x1200 version, it's the exact same ratio.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Some rear end in a top hat's avatar with a link in it introduced me to this comic and basically shredded my plans for late yesterday and much of today so thanks a lot, dickholes. t:mad:

Irreverence out of the way, god drat that was a good way to spend a couple weekend afternoons. Charming, vaguely creepy in all the right ways at points, and more than once I completely lost my poo poo laughing (end of Parley and Smitty Are In This One ahahaha oh my god). Good times.

oi what happened to my duck

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 20, 2012

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Well that was quick.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Ledneh posted:

Hahahaha, awesome. This thread is the best (provided Ledneh isn't actually upset that his duck was replaced with Reynardine).

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I just need to convince my fiancée that we need an oil painting of Annie and Coyote in our living room.

Because we definitely do.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Ledneh posted:

This sentence doesn't get used nearly enough in life.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Does Toptaco ship overseas? I want to get the books but I'd rather get them from there so Tom actually gets the money.

Waffnuffly posted:

This sentence doesn't get used nearly enough in life.

Indeed.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Does Toptaco ship overseas? I want to get the books but I'd rather get them from there so Tom actually gets the money.

Yeah they do, just be prepared to wait quite a while for stuff to turn up unless you feel like paying the equivalent of ~$50 for quick shipping.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Daius posted:

Yeah they do, just be prepared to wait quite a while for stuff to turn up unless you feel like paying the equivalent of ~$50 for quick shipping.

Well, just learned that my government has placed a ban on the importing of BOOKS. So even if I do buy them, they'll get stuck in customs until they decide to lift the ban. If they drop it.

I hate my country.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, just learned that my government has placed a ban on the importing of BOOKS. So even if I do buy them, they'll get stuck in customs until they decide to lift the ban. If they drop it.

I hate my country.
Where do you live?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

I hate my country.

That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard.

Edit: Not "possibly" the most asinine.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Elysiume posted:

Where do you live?

The Walker posted:

That is the most asinine thing I have ever heard.

Edit: Not "possibly" the most asinine.

Argentina. Also they appear to have blocked medicine and drugs from being imported as well. This is not going to end well.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

Argentina. Also they appear to have blocked medicine and drugs from being imported as well. This is not going to end well.

I'd say it may be a good time to find a new place to live. That's some scary stuff.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I donated money! It's not a lot cause I'm a nearly broke college student but it's enough to stave off starvation for a bit. :toot:

e: I didn't get any wallpapers though how do I get my wallpapers :saddowns:

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 20, 2012

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Shugojin posted:

I donated money! It's not a lot cause I'm a nearly broke college student but it's enough to stave off starvation for a bit. :toot:

e: I didn't get any wallpapers though how do I get my wallpapers :saddowns:
Did you hit the donate button under the wallpaper? You could try messaging Tea-san.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Elysiume posted:

Did you hit the donate button under the wallpaper? You could try messaging Tea-san.

I did, it says reference:wallpapers on the donation stuff but nothing wallpapery happened.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Shugojin posted:

I did, it says reference:wallpapers on the donation stuff but nothing wallpapery happened.

My browser didn't redirect me either, so I just emailed Tea-San directly. He replied pretty quickly!

I'm so happy he is going to to GC full time. This is one of my most favorite comics ever. I have been reading from day 1... hell, I remember him talking about doing this strip before it was up. It just keeps getting better and better, and it is one of the few story driven comics I read as it updates. Not just because I HAVE TO KNOW RIGHT NOW AAAAA, but also he moves the story along beautifully. Every page offers something... but yet the plot isn't breakneck speed if you re-read the archives. This is a very hard balance to hit and very impressive.

The art that is getting better and better is also great. A friend got me a picture of Zimmy by Tea-San at a con once and it is one of my most favorite bits of art I own. Very excited to know she and Gamma will be back next chapter!

Basically Gunnerkrigg is amazing anyway you look at it.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

The Walker posted:

I'd say it may be a good time to find a new place to live. That's some scary stuff.

It's probably because of all the sabre rattling over the Falklands. Gunnerkrigg Court is a British product after all. I imagine most readers of this thread would have similar problems importing books from Iran.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's probably because of all the sabre rattling over the Falklands. Gunnerkrigg Court is a British product after all. I imagine most readers of this thread would have similar problems importing books from Iran.

All the stuff is shipped by Topatoco from the US though, so unless all these Argentinian customs officers are reading GC too there'd be no indication that it's a product of British origin.

Also I would hope that comparing British-Argentinian relations to US-Iranian relations was a bit of a stretch unless Argentinian politicians have started calling for outright carpet bombing of the Midlands :tinfoil:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's not a ban on British books. It's a ban on importing books, period. According to reports, 78% of books sold last year were imported from Uruguay, Chile, Spain, and even China. That's a hell of a lot of books that are not being edited here.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Edmond Dantes posted:

It's not a ban on British books. It's a ban on importing books, period. According to reports, 78% of books sold last year were imported from Uruguay, Chile, Spain, and even China. That's a hell of a lot of books that are not being edited here.

That's what I thought he meant. I don't care what's happening with foreign relations in a country, the banning of book imports is not a good sign.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Today I learned the 4 master guards of Lichtenauer fencing. As I was doing "ochs" and "von tag" I couldn't help but think of Parley getting beaten by robot's "poignard" fencing. Tom knows his stuff.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Hahahaha, awesome. This thread is the best (provided Ledneh isn't actually upset that his duck was replaced with Reynardine).
Nah, Reynardine is cool, he gets a pass. :v:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Ledneh posted:

Nah, Reynardine is cool, he gets a pass. :v:

Woo! Welcome to the thread! :)

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Alright Anthony. Alright.
(Seriously how the hell did he end up marrying Surma)

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Shugojin posted:

Sorry about that! I replied to your PM

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
You can't even call him a robot anymore--he's been demoted to wind-up toy status, and he ran down at the worst possible time.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So that's where Annie gets it from.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Still kinda favoring Tony here. I mean, yeah, she's slathering herself over tables for him now, but next Wednesday she'll be demanding he die in glorious battle and earn his place in Valhalla. Valkyries are high-maintenance girlfriends.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

Ka0 posted:

Today I learned the 4 master guards of Lichtenauer fencing. As I was doing "ochs" and "von tag" I couldn't help but think of Parley getting beaten by robot's "poignard" fencing. Tom knows his stuff.
Seriously. I'm constantly amazed by the amount of research that goes into this comic. This, and what we see of the sparring on the following pages, is still probably the best reference to historical fencing I've seen.

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
This flashback has some pretty sweet background art.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Does anyone know when we first saw Brinnie? You all talking about meeting her earlier but i dont remember.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
This chapter. There's also the photo on this page earlier.

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Hey. I've been reading Gunnerkrigg since for I don't know how many years, and it's been one of my favourite comics the whole time.

I can't overstate how excited I am about Tom starting to do this full time. I'm absolutely certain that the extra time spent on the comic will be entirely worth it, and I wish him nothing but the best in the future.

Also, I've got to say that this wallpaper is totally worth the money.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Looks like Brinnie had some matters to attend to as well. :v:
It looks like they're quite older in this chapter than in the first flashback chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Well hey, I was just thinking I could do with some new shirts and this seems like the perfect opportunity! Congratulations on going professional Tea-san!

Also, do we know what Bugsy was when she lived in the forest? The name would seem to indicate that she was a bug of some sort, but going by her behavior I'm guessing she was a dormouse.

Mr. Vile fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 21, 2012