Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was somewhat surprised to see a Daffney tweet show up on my timeline. I almost never see her tweet for some reason, and forgot I was even following her. But more surprised when I saw this.

quote:

I loves my Daffney. She's sooo sweet and she gives me treats! ^,..,^ Prr...

eh?

https://twitter.com/SchmeezTheCat

:stare: Daffney has given her cat a Twitter account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Daffney isn't a gimmick, this shouldn't surprise you. :v:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

A.J. Lee posted:

There's a new reality show about duck calls. Pretty sure Kaitlyn and I are gonna get the greenlight for our unicorn collectibles show soon.

This needs to happen.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

It was an interesting night for Kurt Angle on Twitter last night. Angle posted several controversial tweets, some of which you can read below and some that have since been deleted. No response yet from Shawn Michaels or Steve Austin.

"I'm training for Olympics. Every Wrestler is terrified of me that they will get tired"

"@steveaustinBSR @ShawnMichaels But Could Either of U take Me as a Shoot? Be Honest! I Respect You Both!"

"@steveaustinBSR @ShawnMichaels by the way! I Love Austin and Michaels. Just Joking. U guys are legends!"

"I Became a top star in 1 year, but it took Shawn and Austin 15years. Hello?"

"I have not touched a pill 8 yrs. up urs"

"@JRsBBQ @IAmJericho How do You feel about that. I'm the Best today! If Wwe never wants Me, their Mistake. What then?"

After a fan said go back to WWE and take Sting with you:
"I wish. Sting will stay in tna"

Angle posted several other tweets, cussing at fans and joking about WWE talents, but those have since been deleted. He told fans that he was not drinking and that his account was not hacked this time.
Kurt, Kurt, Kurt...why must you make me feel embarrassed to be your fan at one point?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Perigryn posted:

Kurt, Kurt, Kurt...why must you make me feel embarrassed to be your fan at one point?

It kind of hard to be a fan of a guy that is externalizing his suicidal tendencies everytime he gets into the ring.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Kurt Angle posted:

I don't get twitter.I Love tweeting What I feel-or responding to idiots. But I'm Supposed to be"Politically Correct" w/ My tweets?Forget It

Sometimes I have a Blast With My followers. I may Say Crazy Stuff - that's what Makes It Cool. Twitter is not just Promotion,its personality

And if I can't give You All Personality, I don't want to tweet Anymore. Give Me an RT if You Agree! And an Amen!

nutter...

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
"Filter between my brain and my tweets? That's for PC pussies!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Kurt Angle posted:

"@steveaustinBSR @ShawnMichaels But Could Either of U take Me as a Shoot? Be Honest! I Respect You Both!"

You would think after the Daniel Puder incident, Kurt Angle wouldn't be all that eager to challenge anyone to a shoot. :v:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Kurt Angle types like my ex boss. His emails were great, because he took capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and generally having a point as just a suggestion.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

TL posted:

Kurt Angle types like my ex boss. His emails were great, because he took capitalization, punctuation, spelling, and generally having a point as just a suggestion.

We just need him to use "insure" instead of "ensure" or "effect" instead of "affect", and it'd be dead-on like my last boss as well. :v:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Grandpa Pap posted:

You would think after the Daniel Puder incident, Kurt Angle wouldn't be all that eager to challenge anyone to a shoot. :v:

He didn't challenge Puder, though. Puder is an rear end in a top hat who took advantage of a work on live television. In a fight they were both expecting, I think Angle would do better for himself.

That said, he's insane and I'm really afraid that he'll either die in the ring or kill himself in the next year or two.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CombineThresher posted:

That said, he's insane and I'm really afraid that he'll either die in the ring or kill himself in the next year or two.

People have been saying this for a while now. Angle is like Jake Roberts in that he should be dead by all rights but will actually stand atop our broken bodies long after we have passed.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

oldpainless posted:

People have been saying this for a while now. Angle is like Jake Roberts in that he should be dead by all rights but will actually stand atop our broken bodies long after we have passed.

With the assistance of two canes and a walker. :v:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

CombineThresher posted:

He didn't challenge Puder, though. Puder is an rear end in a top hat who took advantage of a work on live television. In a fight they were both expecting, I think Angle would do better for himself.

Maybe, but Puder has five inches and probably 30 lbs on Angle, plus he's 13 years younger and is in possession of a functional neck.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Grandpa Pap posted:

With the assistance of two canes and a walker. :v:

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

oldpainless posted:

Nice.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

oldpainless posted:

Well played. :golfclap:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

oldpainless posted:

Truly, pro wrestling has everything.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

CombineThresher posted:

To be fair, Angle's competitive nature got him into that mess in the first place and if the refs didn't find a way to stop it, his arm would have been broken that night.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I think what we can all agree on here is that Kurt Angle is legitimately crazy.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Grandpa Pap posted:

I think what we can all agree on here is that Kurt Angle is legitimately crazy.
Kurt Angle is Kurt Angle crazy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
How can you call this man crazy

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Does anyone have that gif of Axe Murderer Angle during Jeff and Karens wedding? I was sure at that point Kurt was gonna actually kill 2 people that night.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Perigryn posted:

Point taken. :v:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
From what Dave said on the Victory Road recap, he's afraid Kurt may legit injure himself at Lockdown rather than admit the whole Olympic thing was never gonna happen.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Perigryn posted:

From what Dave said on the Victory Road recap, he's afraid Kurt may legit injure himself at Lockdown rather than admit the whole Olympic thing was never gonna happen.

Kurt Angle is going to make the Olympics and win Gold.

I believe.

:unsmith:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CombineThresher posted:

Uh, no not at all. The Tough Enough guys were put through exhausting trials to soften them up for angle and then were put in with Angle with the idea that Angle would humble them. It wasn't supposed to be a work, it was supposed to be real, which is why they worked the guys to the point of exhaustion before hand. Puder just had the ability to fight back.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

Uh, no not at all. The Tough Enough guys were put through exhausting trials to soften them up for angle and then were put in with Angle with the idea that Angle would humble them. It wasn't supposed to be a work, it was supposed to be real, which is why they worked the guys to the point of exhaustion before hand. Puder just had the ability to fight back.

Tried to fill them up on milk and pastas before hand if I remember his interview in Powerslam correctly. Basically worked them to exhaustion on a full stomach to make them throw up and then threw them into the ring to get torn apart by Kurt Angle, who whatever you think about him, is a high calibre wrestler.

Puder was the only one that figured out what they were trying to do and embarrassed them all for it. Then he got jobbed out, placed into the Royal Rumble to get stiffed by Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly and Eddie Gurrerro and was shortly fired there after. He really was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

Tried to fill them up on milk and pastas before hand if I remember his interview in Powerslam correctly. Basically worked them to exhaustion on a full stomach to make them throw up and then threw them into the ring to get torn apart by Kurt Angle, who whatever you think about him, is a high calibre wrestler.

Puder was the only one that figured out what they were trying to do and embarrassed them all for it. Then he got jobbed out, placed into the Royal Rumble to get stiffed by Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly and Eddie Gurrerro and was shortly fired there after. He really was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position.

The whole concept of the Smackdown Tough Enough, at least from how I interpreted it, was to give these guys a "crash course dues pay" instead of a "crash course wrestling training". Which is loving stupid, flawed and a huge mistake from the get go. Of course, Puder tried to get around paying dues by shooting back. Hence the burial.

I have little against the Tough Enough concept. Where my problem is, is how it's all executed. If these kids are getting a crash course into becoming a wrestler, it should be getting trained more days than what a regular wrestler gets an opportunity to because they have other responsibilities. Three months of five days a week wrestling training that lasts 7-10 hours a day which includes training in the ring, training in the gym, training for their cardio and training by watching tapes while road agents/trainers/veterans explain to them what they are watching.

By the end of Tough Enough, the final four should be trained wrestlers. The winner gets to go straight to WWE TV (where he should be half the time placed immediately with a veteran wrestler in a tag team situation) while the runners up go to FCW to continue their development. Whoever else showed promise should be helped in getting bookings on the independents and an opportunity to come back for a try out.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Perigryn posted:

This is Kurt Angle crazy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Natalya Fartz posted:

This is Kurt Angle crazy.

I have never believed wrestling to be real more than that moment, when I was positive I was going to witness a man murder people on tv.

I fully knew there was a script and poo poo, I just figured, ya know, Kurt.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

CM Punk posted:

I can confidently say that @ColtCabana is the only one at this game wearing sandals.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRayPer posted:

Oh. Well, I'm glad I know the whole story now. I was hating on Puder for no reason all this time.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

MassRayPer posted:

I sometimes wonder how things would have gone if the ref (Lil Naitch?) hadn't caught on and rang the bell because Puder's shoulder was on the mat. Otherwise, Angle would have eventually tapped, and the WWE would have been in a frenzy.

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 22, 2012

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

thesteelhellion posted:

I sometimes wonder how things would have gone if the ref (Lil Naitch?) hadn't caught on and rang the bell because Puder's shoulder was on the mat. Otherwise, Angle would have eventually tapped, and the WWE would have been in a frenzy.
Angle's stubborn, he'd rather get his arm broken than tap. WWE had to protect him from himself (which TNA has tended to fail at doing, given all his outbursts).

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Perigryn posted:

Angle's stubborn, he'd rather get his arm broken than tap. WWE had to protect him from himself (which TNA has tended to fail at doing, given all his outbursts).

True. What would have happened? Would the WWE have tried to shove it under the rug and fire Puder immediately, or would they have pushed him as 'The Guy Who Snapped Angle's Arm' and let him ride that however far it took him?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Well, they definitely wouldn't have pushed him.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Cardboard Box posted:

Well, they definitely wouldn't have pushed him.

Pretty much this. If Puder had forced Angle to tap or broken his arm, that would have instantly spelled the end of his time in WWE. There are very few individuals on the roster that WWE (like most every other wrestling promotion) would allow to get away with going into business for themselves like that, whether it was justified or a misunderstanding or whatever. Puder at that time drat sure wasn't one of 'em.

If they'd have pushed him it would have set the precedent that the best way to get a push was to go out and embarrass (or legit injure) a top star, and I don't think any promotion wants to open up that can of worms.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Glitterbomber posted:

I have never believed wrestling to be real more than that moment, when I was positive I was going to witness a man murder people on tv.

I fully knew there was a script and poo poo, I just figured, ya know, Kurt.
No matter the ridiculousness of it and how crazy it was they made such a huge real life thing into an angle, we did get a pretty drat cool cage match out of it from Angle/Jarrett where Angle went into full-on T-1000 mode.

It was so ridiculous that it was great. Angle takes a top rope Ganso Bomb...but almost immeadiately gets up and runs across the ring to give Jarrett a top rope Angle slam. Which is followed up a little later with a moonsault OFF THE CAGE, and then nearly breaks Jarrett's ankle with his pitbull style ankle lock.

poo poo ending, but the match was so ridiculous it was awesome. Some of it is in this video around 1:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeK-esaWOec

On a funny note, it's crazy to see the motivation (or lack there of) TNA will give to its main eventers if you compare what RVD looks like in the Lockdown 2010 highlights (his first TNA PPV) and a year later at Lockdown 2011 with his five star beer gut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Grandpa Pap posted:

Pretty much this. If Puder had forced Angle to tap or broken his arm, that would have instantly spelled the end of his time in WWE. There are very few individuals on the roster that WWE (like most every other wrestling promotion) would allow to get away with going into business for themselves like that, whether it was justified or a misunderstanding or whatever. Puder at that time drat sure wasn't one of 'em.

If they'd have pushed him it would have set the precedent that the best way to get a push was to go out and embarrass (or legit injure) a top star, and I don't think any promotion wants to open up that can of worms.

True. I guess maybe I thought they'd have been willing to take a chance on him as a legitimate threat to ANYONE if that had happened, but that's just dumb wishful thinking on my part. Maybe that would have worked in a shoot-style puro fed. I think he'd have done great in BATTLARTS or some other shooty fed.

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 22, 2012