Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

invision posted:

What tail is on that silver SV

Its a race tail. Bought it for one friend from another friend, taking it from race to streetbike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Z3n posted:

Its a race tail. Bought it for one friend from another friend, taking it from race to streetbike.

Who makes it?
Are you selling it?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

invision posted:

Who makes it?
Are you selling it?

No idea. Some random track plastics company, probably hotbodies. Its not for sale, been chopped up already to for a stock taillight :)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Bieks are looking great. :) When I get back from Spring Break, if you need any help, I'll cruise on up and give you a hand. I've been dying to do some mechanical work and since my dad decided to buy a Suzuki Samurai instead of having me swap a turbocharged motor in his 240, I have absolutely nothing to do for a long time. :saddowns:

I tried telling him that a 250whp Volvo 240 with a side exit 3" turbo-back exhaust is just as good of a vehicle to tow behind his RV but he wasn't buying it

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Z3n posted:

Its not for sale

Can't blame him for assuming it was going to get parted out. I mean, it is in your garage and all.. :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

New goal:

Attempt to sneak SV into an italian bike meet.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Take a stock SV, put a top box on it, fill it with carbon fiber vinyl wrap, a heat gun, a multimeter, soldering and wiring kit and a Ducati clutch set. Label it "the Duc Doc". Bam, most popular bike of the show.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Ola posted:

Take a stock SV, put a top box on it, fill it with carbon fiber vinyl wrap, a heat gun, a multimeter, soldering and wiring kit and a Ducati clutch set. Label it "the Duc Doc". Bam, most popular bike of the show.

Forgot valve clearance tools and shims

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Also a tambourine.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
Don't forget the espresso machine!

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

New goal:

Attempt to sneak SV into an italian bike meet.

That's been done before.

Sir Cornelius fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 23, 2012

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Sir Cornelius posted:

That's been done before.

The last time I saw something that monstrous I stabbed it with a pitch fork and burned it with my torch. That being said I would ride it.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

You should get on IM more while you're busy in the garage.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Korwen posted:

You should get on IM more while you're busy in the garage.

Parting a bike, any bike, takes a maximum of 3 hours. That leaves 21 hours/day. You should be afraid now. With 7 hours asleep and 10 minutes foraging, that's 13h and 50 minutes doing exactly WHAT? You should.. We should be afraid. The barbarian might start welding.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Sir Cornelius posted:

Parting a bike, any bike, takes a maximum of 3 hours. That leaves 21 hours/day. You should be afraid now. With 7 hours asleep and 10 minutes foraging, that's 13h and 50 minutes doing exactly WHAT? You should.. We should be afraid. The barbarian might start welding.

Try 10 hours sleeping.

I don't know how much longer I can keep being the sugar momma. I'm running out of purse/shoe money :ohdear:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Bunway Airlines posted:

Try 10 hours sleeping.

I don't know how much longer I can keep being the sugar momma. I'm running out of purse/shoe money :ohdear:

If a standard alarm clock doesn't work, the wedding present might. Nothing like a crossbow bolt to the kneecap for waking lazy bastards. Please don't tell him we used his non-project thread to discuss this.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ahem.

I had forgotten how loving fast literbikes are, also I racked the poo poo out of my balls when I shut down a power wheelie too quick during the test ride.

Oh motorcycles :allears:

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Z3n posted:

Ahem.

I had forgotten how loving fast literbikes are, also I racked the poo poo out of my balls when I shut down a power wheelie too quick during the test ride.

I've never been on a literbike. They intrigue me..

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

Ahem.

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Building a bandsaw. Brb fingers.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Just mount a chainsaw vertically to a bench, don't overthink things.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

After much delaying and slacking off, a thing is happening:

Also I might have a job again soon.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Things? I like things!

Also, a job? Why would you do that to yourself?

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

You are the most infuriating motorcyclist ever. I swear to god, when will you get yourself something so prosaically practical that you will have no compulsion whatsoever to take it apart, improve it, part it out, or otherwise diminish its function as a motorcycle?

A PC800, perchance?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Z3n posted:

Also I might have a job again soon.

I'm more interested in this than the sv 650.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

MotoMind posted:

A PC800, perchance?

Naked conversion. It will look like a cat that just came out of the shower.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I unironically want a PC800.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

MotoMind posted:

You are the most infuriating motorcyclist ever. I swear to god, when will you get yourself something so prosaically practical that you will have no compulsion whatsoever to take it apart, improve it, part it out, or otherwise diminish its function as a motorcycle?

A PC800, perchance?

You just don't understand the bond between an artist and his ~*custom*~.

KARMA! posted:

I'm more interested in this than the sv 650.

Details once I have an offer in hand. Not jinxing it until then.

Ola posted:

Naked conversion. It will look like a cat that just came out of the shower.

Turbocharger, worked great to wake up the CX500/650.

Also here's another thing I did today:

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Z3n posted:

You just don't understand the bond between an artist and his ~*custom*~.

Details once I have an offer in hand. Not jinxing it until then.

Turbocharger, worked great to wake up the CX500/650.

Also here's another thing I did today:

You need to epoxy-coat that ugly garage floor. Did something explode in there?

Dzus
Jun 18, 2007

I have had people walk out on me before, but not... when I was being so charming.

Sir Cornelius posted:

The bike, what you see is all that remains.

e: I guess it saves time in his inevitable "Parting out" phase. :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sir Cornelius posted:

That's my buddy's garage that's doing the painting.

Dzus posted:

The bike, what you see is all that remains.

e: I guess it saves time in his inevitable "Parting out" phase. :v:

:golfclap:

I actually had a dream last night that I blew on an engine on a DRZ400SM and was just thinking about how to deal with it...figured I'd part the bike out, buy an E model, swap the frame, and pull some profit out of the entire deal. :v:

Anyways:

I got the job, super excited about that, I'll start on Monday. My first headlight assembly is built up:

I learned a lot while welding it, and I still have some prettying up to do on it, another cross brace, and some other odds and ends, but it seems strong and functional. For the first piece of anything I've ever really welded, it's fine. I'm going to design the next one somewhat differently to try and be more aesthetically pleasing, this one is ugly.

First round of paint should be done today, hopefully.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

That headlight assembly looks pretty good, definitely a million times better than what I could do. Heck, I'd probably set it on fire while screwing in the nuts.

What's the job? Are you a DoD contractor that is going to invent awesome motorbikes that travel over any terrain and carry turrets?

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
2-wheeled baneblade.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Odette posted:

That headlight assembly looks pretty good, definitely a million times better than what I could do. Heck, I'd probably set it on fire while screwing in the nuts.

What's the job? Are you a DoD contractor that is going to invent awesome motorbikes that travel over any terrain and carry turrets?

Well, the friend I'm working on the bike for likes it, so good enough :)

I'm gonna be doing backend sysadmin type stuff and some conference organizational stuff for a tech company here in the bay area. Should be a lot of fun, plus the chance to travel internationally!

No exciting DoD stuff, or welding stuff, or bikes stuff. I'm just like every other stereotypical goon and a computer janitor on weekdays and a M1 toting man child badass on weekends.

BotchedLobotomy posted:

2-wheeled baneblade.
:btroll:

Anyways, finished the SV up today, rode it around a bit, installed turn signals, made a bracket for the radiator, and took care of other minor bullshit.

Tomorrow I'm gonna make rearsets for my SV and go to a midnight premiere of The Avengers!

Oh and I ordered an Aerostich for test fitting and bought a new helmet. :hellyeah:

Can't wait to get it and finally retire my Spec1R with no accidents after 3 years, 2 seasons of racing, and trackdays, supermoto, and long trips. :3:

I tend to buy last season's helmets, so this is the 3rd one I've retired due to age out of...6. 8 if you count the dirtbike helmets. :v:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 3, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

I'm just like every other stereotypical goon and a computer janitor on weekdays and a M1 toting man child badass on weekends.

:btroll:

:hfive:

Thats the pro way to roll.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Isn't that basically the plot to the Matrix? Don't knock yourself, Z3n.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Congrats on the job!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

Congrats on the job!

Thanks! I can't wait to get in to work on Monday :3:

Xovaan posted:

Isn't that basically the plot to the Matrix? Don't knock yourself, Z3n.

Yeah except my only fear is that I wake up and discover this wonderful life is all a lie. Sort of the opposite of the Neo problem.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

:hfive:

Thats the pro way to roll.

Certainly pays better than the opposite.

Anyways, to the minute update! Painting!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Z3n posted:

Yeah except my only fear is that I wake up and discover this wonderful life is all a lie. Sort of the opposite of the Neo problem.

The obvious joke here is "it's a marriage problem" but having met your awesome friends and awesome wife this joke really doesn't apply :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Xovaan posted:

The obvious joke here is "it's a marriage problem" but having met your awesome friends and awesome wife this joke really doesn't apply :allears:

:3:

Here's a preview of tomorrow's excitement:

• Locked thread