Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

apsouthern posted:

I hate to say it, but I've been told by two promoters that Colt Cabana is a dick backstage. When I briefly met him at a show he was very friendly, but then I was buying things off him at the time

Did either promoter give any specifics? I can kinda see how people could think Colt is a dick, but I feel like I'd have a ball hanging out with the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

apsouthern posted:

I hate to say it, but I've been told by two promoters that Colt Cabana is a dick backstage. When I briefly met him at a show he was very friendly, but then I was buying things off him at the time

Seeing it came from wrestling promoters it's tough to evaluate.

Though it's completely possible he's a loving rear end in a top hat. I mean, he is best friends with CM Punk.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Grandpa Pap posted:

Plus he just became the worst announcer in the world once Bischoff took over WCW. It was pretty obvious he was sticking his tongue up Bischoff's rear end as far as it would go.

It's actually quite the opposite. He wanted the role Bischoff got, and he felt he earned it and was passed over by some smooth talking Johnny Come Lately whose resume was basically just a stint in the dying AWA. After he was passed over, he pretty much just gave up.

BillyMays posted:

Flair also no showed his last ROH appearance and he was on contract for that, and he no showed for a Highspots shoot after they spent a ton of money on him.

He actually showed up to do a signing and then left with the money, creating an awkward situation where super heel Nigel McGuinness had to come out in his spot during the main event on behalf of a face (Tyler Black iirc?)

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

UndashingOne posted:

In Kennedy's defense, those are plaid shorts.

Pretty bad defense.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nut Bunnies posted:

It's actually quite the opposite. He wanted the role Bischoff got, and he felt he earned it and was passed over by some smooth talking Johnny Come Lately whose resume was basically just a stint in the dying AWA. After he was passed over, he pretty much just gave up.

He actually showed up to do a signing and then left with the money, creating an awkward situation where super heel Nigel McGuinness had to come out in his spot during the main event on behalf of a face (Tyler Black iirc?)

He was booked for another TV taping that he flat out no-showed.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

bobkatt013 posted:

I hope Wrestlemania has Santino defending his us title against this former champion.

Terry Taylor vs Asparagus

Red Rooster vs Red Rocket

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

apsouthern posted:

Didn't Beasley say he's a dick, too?

Made me so sad. :(

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Atticus Finch posted:

Didn't Beasley say he's a dick, too?

Made me so sad. :(

Like half of his podcasts have his guest saying that Colt was a total dick when they first met him.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Probably angry his best friend is a multiple time world champ in the biggest company in North America and on TV every week while he remains (relatively) unknown.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The biggest heels are always the nicest guys. The biggest babyfaces...?

Maybe Colt is just a super insecure dude.(Which, as an avid Art of Wrestling listener, he really, really comes off as insecure behind his jokesy front)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Grandpa Pap posted:

As far as assholes go, Tony Schiavone makes my list because he supposedly fought against Heenan even mentioning Gorilla Monsoon's passing on WCW TV and generally acted like he was better than Heenan or Tenay. Plus he just became the worst announcer in the world once Bischoff took over WCW. It was pretty obvious he was sticking his tongue up Bischoff's rear end as far as it would go.

I don't disagree for a second that Tony was a grade A rear end in a top hat. He didn't just fight against Heenan mentioning Gorilla. He fought against it, then out of the blue mentioned him after a commercial break and talked flowery about a guy he likely had nothing honest to say about before passing to Heenan when he'd have little time to say. Later on Heenan made mention that Tony would purposely set his chair higher than Heenan or Tenay to be the "focal point".

That said, I think Shiavonie's commentary work from 1995 to around 1999 is grossly underrated by wrestling fans, especially ones who went hard on him for talking about the main event/nWo during Cruiserweight matches. People like to talk about Tony as some horrible play by play man but if you watch an episode of Nitro and compare him to anyone going around today, I'd say Tony is head and shoulders over most. Better than Cole, better than Kelly, better than Tenay. Of course Jim Ross would be better and Josh Matthews when given a real shot would be better, but again, Tony wasn't complete poo poo.

That all said he wasn't golden either. gently caress wrestling play by play is terrible right now.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

rotinaj posted:

The biggest heels are always the nicest guys. The biggest babyfaces...?

I dunno about that. Punk and Aries are both really awesome heels and they're both dicks. Neither are particularly great babyfaces (though not bad, either).

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Lloyd Boner posted:

I dunno about that. Punk and Aries are both really awesome heels and they're both dicks. Neither are particularly great babyfaces (though not bad, either).

I doubt Jake Roberts has ever been a sweetheart.

Also, Cena is supposedly really awesome and makes... well, a strong draw.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Tony Schiavone is better than anyone working right now and while he might not be better than Peak JR he's definitely better than JR of the last decade. Or he was better even in late-period WCW, anyway.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Tony Schiavone is better than anyone working right now and while he might not be better than Peak JR he's definitely better than JR of the last decade. Or he was better even in late-period WCW, anyway.

JR was really, really awful in the mid 2000s but taking a break made him a lot sharper. Any time he's come in to call a match since he's been very good. Haven't heard him in FCW for that Richie Steamboat match but I heard good things (or people were just marking about it).

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Is the Cena/Rock the mania main event this year?

If so is this the first time the title has not been the last match on the card?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Manwithastick posted:

Is the Cena/Rock the mania main event this year?

If so is this the first time the title has not been the last match on the card?

Yes unless they're nuts, no.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

First time the title was not the main event of the show was Wrestlemania I.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Lloyd Boner posted:

First time the title was not the main event of the show was Wrestlemania I.

True, but the Champion was in the main event.

First time was Wrestlemania XI and it was honestly better than the World Title match on the card. Bam Bam Bigelow deserved the WWF World Championship after the magic he pulled that lovely night.

EDIT: and 26 of course.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Lone Rogue posted:

True, but the Champion was in the main event.

First time was Wrestlemania XI and it was honestly better than the World Title match on the card. Bam Bam Bigelow deserved the WWF World Championship after the magic he pulled that lovely night.

EDIT: and 26 of course.

And Hulk/Sid at WM8

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lloyd Boner posted:

Okay. The biggest heels OFTEN are the nicest guys in real life.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lone Rogue posted:

Later on Heenan made mention that Tony would purposely set his chair higher than Heenan or Tenay to be the "focal point".

...if you watch an episode of Nitro and compare him to anyone going around today, I'd say Tony is head and shoulders over most.

Not giving you poo poo, this just made me laugh.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Carlton Banks posted:

And Hulk/Sid at WM8

Totally forgot about that one. I think I've only watched it once and I was barely watching it because my friends and I had already been doing a Wrestlemania marathon and that was last in the night.

In most instances, a belt should be on the line in the main event. PPV, weekly show, house show, indie event, whatever. Doesn't even have to be the World Title, but it should be a title. In the instance of Cena/Rock and Michaels/Taker I think it was acceptable to have them be the main event. Reason being, and this is some bad wordplay, but the "title" of "Streak vs. Career" or "Biggest Star of His Era vs. Biggest Star of His Era" is more important than any Championship in the company.

The "Icon vs. Icon" title should have been the main event of X-8 and if they do end up doing Austin vs. Punk, it doesn't need a title to be in the main event.

CombineThresher posted:

Not giving you poo poo, this just made me laugh.

:downsrim:

I am the master of unintentional jokes.

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
with all the speculation that HHH is gonna blade at Wrestlemania, I'm wondering when the last time someone in WWE bladed was.

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

Monkeycheese posted:

with all the speculation that HHH is gonna blade at Wrestlemania, I'm wondering when the last time someone in WWE bladed was.

There wasn't any blood in the Hell in a Cell match between Edge and Undertaker at Summerslam 2008, so I am going to go out on a limb and say sometime in 2007, give or take, and that is a long rear end time!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Perdido posted:

Kevin Dunn would be another one to include on the list.
Besides apparently making Divas' life difficult and depushing people on a whim (like Sheamus), wasn't he one of the biggest supporters of the whole the Katie Vick mess?

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

How much should I drink BEFORE I get to the show?
I'm expecting a trainwreck, some of the promo videos on the site make Matt Hardy berating the cardboard Lita look great by comparison.

http://www.theupwa.com/main.html

....I'm ashamed of my state sometimes.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Pseudophile posted:

I'm expecting a trainwreck, some of the promo videos on the site make Matt Hardy berating the cardboard Lita look great by comparison.

I need a DVD of this show right now.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I'd totally goto that card.

I'd fear going to the card that pits Beast against Tito Rains.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sexy_trash posted:

There wasn't any blood in the Hell in a Cell match between Edge and Undertaker at Summerslam 2008, so I am going to go out on a limb and say sometime in 2007, give or take, and that is a long rear end time!
I think Batista bladed in the build to his Wrestlemania match with Cena a couple of years ago.

Demon Hunter
Jul 18, 2005

Monkeycheese posted:

Didn't Cody get busted open by Orton on a Smackdown match? I seem to recall Cody having stitches in his head at some point.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

There have been a bunch of hard way busts sure, but everyone's talking about purposeful blading.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

I'm honestly a bit surprised HHH didn't blade last year at Wrestlemania. It definitely wouldn't have been out of character for him to think, "man, I can't carry 'Taker as well as Shawn did and now he's a year older; the match is going to need some color if I don't want it to be disappointing." But he didn't (and it was, though blading wouldn't have helped).

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Thanks for the picture of Bryan's dog's dick. That'll get me a promotion at the wrestler dick factory.

oldpainless posted:

I need to talk to you about Batista.

I hope these weren't missed because they came at the end of the page. Wrestlehut hasn't gotten me to laugh this hard since Zorba the Greek recieved a Virus whilst browsing.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pseudophile posted:

I'm just amused that there's not a single faded star from wrestling's past who wants to appear on UP WAH RASTLIN'.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Demon Hunter posted:

Didn't Cody get busted open by Orton on a Smackdown match? I seem to recall Cody having stitches in his head at some point.

That was a total accident and they tried really hard to not show the blood on TV.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

Pseudophile posted:

I've seen both LA Tank and Tito Rains live before. If I were you, I would drink to the point that you see at least double before you go in the door.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Perigryn posted:

Besides apparently making Divas' life difficult and depushing people on a whim (like Sheamus), wasn't he one of the biggest supporters of the whole the Katie Vick mess?

He was the ONLY supporter of Katie Vick which cemented him forever as Vince's yes-man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tyler posted:

I've seen both LA Tank and Tito Rains live before. If I were you, I would drink to the point that you see at least double before you go in the door.
Can you tell me if Tito Rains has that little of a neck in person? Seriously he looks like a squashed action figure.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Last time I remember blood purposely being used was Flair bleeding after getting his rear end beat by Jericho on Raw in the lead-up to WM 25. Whether he actually had to blade or not is up for discussion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Critical posted:

Last time I remember blood purposely being used was Flair bleeding after getting his rear end beat by Jericho on Raw in the lead-up to WM 25. Whether he actually had to blade or not is up for discussion.

His skin is that thin he just rubs it really hard against thumb nail.