Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Wrist Watch posted:

people are just commenting on the closest thing to a relationship the comic's ever had (and hopefully ever will have unless Hussie starts stirring up the fanbase again).

Did you forget entirely about Mom and Dad? You heartless monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
There's only so much we can relate to a woman whose only facial feature is a smirk and a man whose only facial feature is a nose. Meanwhile, John and Vriska have like 10 eyes to get lost in.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Hahahahahah, that's the best direction this could have gone. Jade completely lost her poo poo. :allears:

Hyedum
Jun 12, 2010
Something tells me that this isn't the first time this has happened. With any luck it won't be the last either.

E: Jaspersprite, your face is not conveying the correct emotion, stop being so adorable.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
...Do you suppose Jaspers ever tries to chase Dave all over?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

YggiDee posted:

If Jade's anything like my dog she probably does too.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

if bec was mad at a cat I'm pretty sure he'd warp that cat and not chase it around like a scrub

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Krinkle posted:

if bec was mad at a cat I'm pretty sure he'd warp that cat and not chase it around like a scrub

Her green sun powers don't work between the universes.

....I think.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Color Printer posted:

Her green sun powers don't work between the universes.

....I think.
No, they do to an extent. John was able to use her as a portal to the Green Sun. It's limited though because I don't think she can teleport, but I think she can still transport herself at the speed of light if she wanted.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Does this make John the Mammy Two Shoes of the group?

edit: Okay, weird coincidence while I was trying to find the name of Tom and Jerry background music...

Tom and Jerry wikipedia article posted:

Tom (called "Jasper" in his debut appearance)

:aaa:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

All this needs is for the chase scene to lead into a hallway with a bunch of doors that they all run in and out of, and at some point Jaspers ends up chasing Jade instead, and John runs into a copy of himself, and Davesprite is there wishing that he weren't involved in such a corny gag, and they all crash into a wheelbarrow and LET'S SEE WHO YOU REALLY ARE, oh, it is just Jaspers, who was neither wearing a mask nor actually attempting to disguise his identity.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 23, 2012

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Hussie's gonna have a hard time topping this.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
And at the same time both sets of people are thinking, "I bet those guys aren't having to deal with all this kind of bullshit."

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Prison Warden posted:

Did you forget entirely about Mom and Dad? You heartless monster.

Something just occurred to me. Is it possible that Mom and Dad are off floating around in a dream bubble?

It'd be sweet (and probably sad) if the troll meteor happened to pass through it...except that would mean another chance to see Dad that John missed. :(

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I always thought that only players could pass through dreambubbles after death, but I suppose there's never been any confirmation one way or another.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Something just occurred to me. Is it possible that Mom and Dad are off floating around in a dream bubble?

It'd be sweet (and probably sad) if the troll meteor happened to pass through it...except that would mean another chance to see Dad that John missed. :(

It's unclear whether non-players get dream bubbles. We've seen WV dreaming once, and it was just conventional vaguely-symbolic unconsciousness. Whether that's because he's not a human or just because he's not a player is unknown.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

JT Jag posted:

but I think she can still transport herself at the speed of light if she wanted.
Well, they're already going at the speed of light so probably not

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

It's unclear whether non-players get dream bubbles. We've seen WV dreaming once, and it was just conventional vaguely-symbolic unconsciousness. Whether that's because he's not a human or just because he's not a player is unknown.

Then again, Vriska was in his dream and kicked him in the snout.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Kjoery posted:

Well, they're already going at the speed of light so probably not

Also it wouldn't make any difference anyway?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

While we're still floating John and Vriska related stuff, I'd be quite interested if when they meet up and they admit Vriska's dead, John isn't especially perturbed. Like he just goes "Oh okay then I guess" and tries to carry on, to the point that even everyone else is a little weirded out. I could definitely see Karkat begin to get angry about how weird it is that he apparently doesn't care only to rein himself in for fear of starting something.

With how much John's been saving up his emotions I can't see us getting a real breakdown or reaction out of him short of the very climax of the story. The Vriska thing would be a good opportunity, but he's hardly been short of those.

Although if he never has such a moment it's going to be really weird for the derpy friendleader to go from beginning to end of the story having not changed or developed at all, basically being a heroic blunt instrument.

EDIT: Update! Looks like John's either going to see Rose and Dave in the bubble they're passing through or he's going to see another of the A1 ancestors.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 23, 2012

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Dolash posted:

Although if he never has such a moment it's going to be really weird for the derpy friendleader to go from beginning to end of the story having not changed or developed at all, basically being a heroic blunt instrument.

You mean like... a hammer?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp, goodnight sweet prince.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

This is likely to be the dreambubble that the meteor is flying into.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Dolash posted:

While we're still floating John and Vriska related stuff, I'd be quite interested if when they meet up and they admit Vriska's dead, John isn't especially perturbed. Like he just goes "Oh okay then I guess" and tries to carry on, to the point that even everyone else is a little weirded out. I could definitely see Karkat begin to get angry about how weird it is that he apparently doesn't care only to rein himself in for fear of starting something.

With how much John's been saving up his emotions I can't see us getting a real breakdown or reaction out of him short of the very climax of the story. The Vriska thing would be a good opportunity, but he's hardly been short of those.

If John ever gets to meet Lord English, it would be a perfect opportunity for him to snap.

"gently caress YOU AND YOUR TIME SHENANIGANS FOR GETTING MY DAD AND VRISKA KILLED. gently caress YOU FOR RUINING MY SESSION FOR YOUR BULLSHIT REASONS AND NEARLY GETTING ME KILLED MULTIPLE TIMES BY A PSYCHOTIC CHESS MAN AND gently caress YOU AND YOUR LONG HAIRED BITCH OF A SERVANT FOR loving WITH MY NANNA IN MULTIPLE TIMELINES!" :black101:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

"He slimed me."-- John Egbert, 1996-2010.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Jasper's prankser's gambit just went up, and he has no idea why.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bongo Bill posted:

This is likely to be the dreambubble that the meteor is flying into.

Could be. Or more SPOOKY MYSTERY TROLLS.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cabbit posted:

"He slimed me."-- John Egbert, 1996-2010.

It's the way he would have wanted to go.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
What happened to Jasper? :ohdear:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Went through the wall like Nanna did back in Act 3 or whatever.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

What happened to Jasper? :ohdear:

He used his sprite powers to go through the wall.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
It could also be the Vriska and Beta-John dream bubble. He just got done talking about her, and Karkat mentioned a bit ago about all of the people on the meteor seeing versions of themselves from failed timelines in the dreambubbles they've gone through.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Oh there is no way John's not gonna see the awful spider girl in his dreams.
Edit: v the one with red shoes

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 23, 2012

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ominous Jazz posted:

Which one? Vriska or lil' Mindfang?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

Edit: v the one with red shoes

I wouldn't mind seeing li'l Mindfang, I like her design and i'd like something to replace this goddamn Vriskatar.

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
It's going to be an A1 troll, and John's just gonna be all like, pff oh it's you again.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Calling it now, it's going to be a version of Equius.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anytime anything happens there should be a version of Equius there.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Does Dirk count as a version of Equius?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Level Slide posted:

Does Dirk count as a version of Equius?

I'd say more a reasonable approximation. Not an Equius, but an incredible simulation.