Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I have high hopes for Fredua Koranteng Adu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The SARS Volta posted:

It only took an u-23 competition versus Cuba to show that Freddy Adoop was the American Pele.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I kinda feel sorry for Cuba, maybe let them have an extra guy back on the pitch?

*Oooo that was close!

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

El Jebus posted:

I kinda feel sorry for Cuba, maybe let them have an extra guy back on the pitch?

We'll just naturalize a couple of their runaways.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

The SARS Volta posted:

An European team should give him a try

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Maybe they should stop doing wide crowd shots. Don't want people to think they're inadvertantly watching a Chivas game.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

surrender posted:

An European team should give him a try

Still waiting for my customized "FREDDY & EDDIE 4EVER" Aris shirt

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Corona!

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Really liking Corona's finishing.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
One day I hope he gets the whole sixpack.

JibbaJabbaJimmy
May 21, 2001
Women's curling is now on the universal sports stream mmmm

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Didn't expect 6-0, good poo poo.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Yo if anybody missed the game like I did, the whole thing is available here. You have to skip to the ~50 min mark of the video for some reason.

Warning, Silverlight.

nictigre03
Oct 31, 2011
Did any Cubans defect? I remember the last time their senior national squad played in the U.S. they had like 4 guys roll out the night before. Kinda funny and awesome.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

One time the Cubans ran away while the team was shopping at Walmart.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

nictigre03 posted:

Did any Cubans defect? I remember the last time their senior national squad played in the U.S. they had like 4 guys roll out the night before. Kinda funny and awesome.

That time two dudes disappeared from the Doubletree in Arlington the night before the US-Cuba game at RFK (also 6-0, incidentally).

e I'm a liar, it was 6-1. In my defense I watched it on TV because I was shitfaced in the Poconos at a wedding.

Howdy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 23, 2012

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Didn't a few of the women bail at their qualifiers?

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

wicka posted:

One time the Cubans ran away while the team was shopping at Walmart.

See also: Osvaldo Alonso.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
From Ives on Twitter:

quote:

Just been told U.S. U-23 Juan Agudelo is out of the Olympic Qualifying Tournament w/a torn Meniscus. Not clear yet if he will have surgery.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Cannot believe they started Bunbury. The man has cement blocks for feet.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Canada looking WAY better than USA in the first half.

Also, wow that Agudelo news blows.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think we could've used 1 or 2 more people offsides there.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Wow that was lazy.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Burnbury trying to do his best Roger Levesque impresonation there.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Come the gently caress on

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Are there any streams for this game that actually tell you how much time has been played?

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Dallan Invictus posted:

Are there any streams for this game that actually tell you how much time has been played?

http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=b4421a95-587f-46b7-a9e9-5be18cba0930.html#watch+live+usa+canada

Inaction Jackson
Feb 28, 2009
Good to see some shameless timewasting from Canada.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Inaction Jackson posted:

Good to see some shameless timewasting from Canada.

This appears to no longer be necessary.

(Canadian short corner in "actually working" shocker for 2-0)

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

welp

hamid is useless

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
Well this is a reality check.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Schwarbage posted:

Yep.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Misiewicz (the Canadian GK) is going to kill someone someday and it may in fact be himself.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

this was unnecessary i'm just having a bad footie day

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 25, 2012

Anukis
Jan 23, 2006

I'm an empathetic, sensitive, educated, intellectually curious non-idiot. Hi.
jesus christ this game

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Schwarbage posted:

You got that right. This US team is poo poo.

Haydez
Apr 8, 2003

EVIL LINK
Corona coming off for the second half the dumbest poo poo. (Unless he was hurt, like the CONCACAF commentator was hoping for)

edit: not that they weren't poo poo before that, but they were more poo poo.

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods
Went to the doubleheader in Nashville and I gotta say that if the USA play like that again its going to be really embarrassing to lose to El Salvador and not advance out of the group. Canada were always the more threatening team on the field but the 2nd half was loving terrible. First goal was obviously the keeper's fault, called for it then backed off it allowing the attacker to run in front of him, inexplicable really. Second was just piss poor defending. At least I had the pleasure of seeing a bunch of Cuban thugs get put in their place. Lots of nasty tackles and nothing else from them today.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Voted Alligator posted:

Went to the doubleheader in Nashville and I gotta say that if the USA play like that again its going to be really embarrassing to lose to El Salvador and not advance out of the group. Canada were always the more threatening team on the field but the 2nd half was loving terrible. First goal was obviously the keeper's fault, called for it then backed off it allowing the attacker to run in front of him, inexplicable really. Second was just piss poor defending. At least I had the pleasure of seeing a bunch of Cuban thugs get put in their place. Lots of nasty tackles and nothing else from them today.

Honestly, no matter what finishing second in our group (and more likely than not being unable to qualify) is embarrassing. No offense to Canada, but they are a second rate team that we should have easily handled and we didn't. A lot of that comes down to the choice of players (Bunbury, really?) and the inability to deal with a team that completely bunkered and did it somewhat well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voted Alligator
Apr 13, 2005
shpoods
Yeah that is very true. I hope some poo poo gets fixed and fast. No one was moving for the ball on offense and the only two things we tried were boot the ball over the top and work it slowly up the wings and when that didn't we didn't have anything else to try. Defense...well just scrap the whole thing. If Canada is looking that dangerous I can't imagine what will happen when we come up against a good team. Lucky it was only 2 scored on us really.

• Locked thread