Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Hallowed Turban posted:

Anything like this is absolutely fine. It's going to be a red shirt, with some lining, with the Standard Chartered logo on the front. It's all much of a muchness, we don't have any hoops or stripes for Warrior to gently caress up. And the club gets 20 million quid, great deal all round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
If the first example turned out to be the real deal, I'd be tempted to buy the shirt. I don't even like Liverpool.

Love Warrior though, they make quality lacrosse equipment and their training shirts have always been great.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

HinderedUseless posted:

Saw this browsing the Arsenal store. I'm glad it exists, but it's not as good as the Getafe/Burger King kit. That said, anyone who would wear that in public is a turd.

I remember seeing a mock up of this on some graphic designer's site during the 2010 World Cup, and I'm loving staggered it's actually been made.

Truth
Feb 24, 2005

Awesome Animals posted:

If the first example turned out to be the real deal, I'd be tempted to buy the shirt. I don't even like Liverpool.

Love Warrior though, they make quality lacrosse equipment and their training shirts have always been great.

I don't really get the love for the first one. Ugly piping ruins it. The second one is tasty though.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
The first one looks pretty nice I think, the second looks like a presentation polo more than a kit.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Awesome Animals posted:

I really like that white kit too. Our recent white kits have all been pretty nice and this continues the trend.

Favourite kit of recent times if definitely our away from last season, play in it every week;

If these mockups are a good indicator of what's to come, Dan Hollis must be ecstatic.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I saw a dude wearing that Liverpool shirt with Shelvey's name/number a few weeks ago at the liquor store. I asked him how he became such a big Jonjo fan, and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

EvilHawk posted:

Not sure if I'm understanding this properly, but several very well-informed ITK's have said that the liverbird is definitely returning. The flames are moving to somewhere else on the shirt (last I heard, back of the neck).

I'd be happy with this, love the club logo but the Liverbird looks awesome.

trem_two posted:

I saw a dude wearing that Liverpool shirt with Shelvey's name/number a few weeks ago at the liquor store. I asked him how he became such a big Jonjo fan, and he had no idea what I was talking about.

I'd hope that had something to do with it.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Hallowed Turban posted:

I really like that white kit too. Our recent white kits have all been pretty nice and this continues the trend.

Favourite kit of recent times if definitely our away from last season, play in it every week;

If these mockups are a good indicator of what's to come, Dan Hollis must be ecstatic.

thats lovely but the current away is better imho, its the best away kit weve ever had. 06-08 is me fave home :)

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

brows mcgobshite posted:

thats lovely but the current away is better imho, its the best away kit weve ever had. 06-08 is me fave home :)

The '08-'09 grey and red is my favorite.

FlickingFire
Nov 8, 2011

brows mcgobshite posted:

I tend to agree, the current away is so slick looking, adidas did a really top job with it.

In other news, I emailed the lad from Soccertriads and they won't be stocking that lovely Australian away kit, boo-urns

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I realize these questioins send this place in to a 2 month, 42, 423 post debate but a simple yes or no will suffice in this instance- are the tops from Soccer Triads legit? Researching for a friend who won't entertain fakes, no matter how close.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

ICA posted:

I realize these questioins send this place in to a 2 month, 42, 423 post debate but a simple yes or no will suffice in this instance- are the tops from Soccer Triads legit? Researching for a friend who won't entertain fakes, no matter how close.

No.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Confirms my suspicions, oh well, thanks. In that case, let me ask again- Q for UK (Scotland) based goons: Where can I get the new Germany away with a name & number printed on the back? Want Schweiny but the only place I've seen able to do it (Kitbag) costs 70 which is mental. Looked on Greaves/JJB/Sports Direct sites to no avail. Do sites not do then any more? Looking for a shop or site. Ta.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ICA posted:

Confirms my suspicions, oh well, thanks. In that case, let me ask again- Q for UK (Scotland) based goons: Where can I get the new Germany away with a name & number printed on the back? Want Schweiny but the only place I've seen able to do it (Kitbag) costs 70 which is mental. Looked on Greaves/JJB/Sports Direct sites to no avail. Do sites not do then any more? Looking for a shop or site. Ta.

Look at German sites

http://www.sportscheck.com/ADIDAS-TrShirtDFB-A/shop-de_dpip_1350802-4-6002%40Sportscheck-SportscheckDe_sh21151512

That's 40 quid. Then just ringing up/emailing to see if they'll deliver to you, no harm in checking.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Look at German sites

http://www.sportscheck.com/ADIDAS-TrShirtDFB-A/shop-de_dpip_1350802-4-6002%40Sportscheck-SportscheckDe_sh21151512

That's 40 quid. Then just ringing up/emailing to see if they'll deliver to you, no harm in checking.

http://www.sportscheck.com/ADIDAS-DFB-Trikot-Auswaerts/shop-de_dpip_1298903-S-3003%40Sportscheck-SportscheckDe_sh21151512 although it doesn't say which name/number you get

Alternatively, it's £62.10 with shipping on amazon.de but that's unprinted and I have no idea what the customs charges would be

Edmund Honda fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 11, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

HinderedUseless posted:

I can just imagine an entire stand full of Arsenal fans doing this when van Persie scores a goal. It will be totally insufferable.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Hallowed Turban posted:

Yeah I love that shirt too

The Warrior mock-ups look good but not sure how I feel about the lack of Shankly Gates motif and flames though.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah I love that shirt too

The Warrior mock-ups look good but not sure how I feel about the lack of Shankly Gates motif and flames though.

Nothing wrong with going back to the clubs' roots imo. I'd love for United to have the old crest back.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
The old crest won't happen, so there's no point in dreaming about it.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Sigh, old crests...

I do hope we go back to that someday. It's council owned so probably not.

sweek0 fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 11, 2012

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

sweek0 posted:

Sigh, old crests...

I do hope we go back to that someday.

Is that the one here?

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
No that's even older, World War 2 till the seventies.
There's been quite a few crests by now

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Was Taters posted:

Is that the one here?

No I don't think Scott Parker ever played for fulham

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Old crests are something that I think 95% of fans would get behind, and yet noone is actually doing it.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Old crests are something that I think 95% of fans would get behind, and yet noone is actually doing it.

Speak for yourself.

It's a nice idea but some crests don't really work with it, that one being a great example.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheGoatFeeder posted:

:allears: :sigh:

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Eric Cantona posted:

:allears: :sigh:

Those were the days! Obviously it doesn't work in most cases, but I still think loads of clubs could revert and it would go down really well.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
No they couldn't, though. The reason most clubs have changed their crests is because there are problems copyrighting the old ones.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

HinderedUseless posted:

Saw this browsing the Arsenal store. I'm glad it exists, but it's not as good as the Getafe/Burger King kit. That said, anyone who would wear that in public is a turd.

The Blue is a little off.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Mickolution posted:

No they couldn't, though. The reason most clubs have changed their crests is because there are problems copyrighting the old ones.

Well yeah, you use a town or borough's crest and of course you are going to have problems trying to make money off of it. Maybe if chairmen weren't so greedy we'd have all of our sides with town crests.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Oh Em Gee posted:

Well yeah, you use a town or borough's crest and of course you are going to have problems trying to make money off of it. Maybe if chairmen weren't so greedy we'd have all of our sides with town crests.

There's that but then there's also the fact that without copyright, anyone can put the crest on anything they want without the club having any control over it's usage.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Mickolution posted:

There's that but then there's also the fact that without copyright, anyone can put the crest on anything they want without the club having any control over it's usage.
Does the local authority own the copyright on town crests or is it public domain?

I don't think chairmen being greedy is the issue, clubs are international businesses that turn over hundreds of millions, they need to have control over their logos.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Hoops posted:

Does the local authority own the copyright on town crests or is it public domain?

I don't think chairmen being greedy is the issue, clubs are international businesses that turn over hundreds of millions, they need to have control over their logos.

Exactly. I would imagine town crests are public domain, due to how old they are.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
The Great Britain kit for the Olympics:

Looks a bit poo poo.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Is that real?

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Vagabundo posted:

Is that real?

Yes, apparently all sports will be wearing versions of it

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Their previous idea wasn't that great either...

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I believe that shirt that bale had the shoot for was always meant to be a "supporters shirt" or something like that, and never the shirt worn during the competition. That said both of them are bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It still looks better than that piece of poo poo shirt.