Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
An incredible stimulation? Ack, pun, sorry.

Judging by the blackout, I'd say A1 troll is a good bet. Personally, I'm hoping for kid Rufio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think it'll be either A1 Leo or A1 Virgo, for no particularly sensible reason.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The fact that Davesprite brought up the 'I saved your life' thing, which is what spawned a BetaJohn, would give weight to it being BetaJohn and Vriska.

But I suspect it'll be a fakeout.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, let's start taking bets. Pick one or more; high-fives will be distributed to the winners, and to the losers, jeers.

• John encounters the meteor contingent
  • John sees a B2 kid
  • John gets spooked by a mystery troll
  • John intrudes on his own eternal posthumous date with Vriska
  • Other (please specify)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I'll take being the third wheel

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Bongo Bill posted:

[*]Other (please specify)
A1 Vriska. For the rest of the comic John and Jake compete for the affection of a corpse.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
  • Karkat intrudes on his BetaJohn's eternal posthumous date with Vriska, becomes upset his directives were ignored. Draws parallels between them and Dave/Terezi. Shouts alot.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
-other: Nic Cage

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

John meets Mindfang.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Bongo Bill posted:

• John encounters the meteor contingent
Given they were just about to enter a dream bubble when we switched perspectives, I would not be surprised if it was this.

Of course, that doesn't stop it being Vriska's dream bubble as well.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
John for some reason runs into Dad even though he shouldn't be there, Ghost Dad references ensue.

(Okay, not really)

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
John runs into a squiddle named Tina and he refers to himself in the third person consistently afterwards.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh what.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Now that's a callback!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
End of intermission, end of act, end of Homestuck. We're done.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

SynthOrange posted:

Oh what.

This was pretty much my reaction too. Goddammit Roxy, drunkenly stumbling all through these dream bubbles. Fuckin' pain in the rear end (head).

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Cleretic posted:

End of intermission, end of act, end of Homestuck. We're done.
Hussbot breaks and is stuck in a recursive loop of self reference. there is nowhere else to go but deeper.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is a good callback and Andrew should feel good for making it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's both a callback and continues to unhelpfully tell us absolutely nothing concrete about John's emotional state!

Norton Ghostride
Apr 30, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is the best possible update.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Bobulus posted:

It's both a callback and continues to unhelpfully tell us absolutely nothing concrete about John's emotional state!
His emotional state is clearly "Welp, I just got knocked onto my rear end". It's in a red circle with an arrow pointing to it and everything.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I really thought it was going to be Vriska. I really did.

Or did I just hope it was going to be Vriska? :negative:

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

I am possibly going to die laughing.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
I love it that people were so desperately convinced it was going to be Vriska or not-Vriska or whatever in some clingy hope for her to stay relevant to the way John and the story are heading, without some big changes. The only way this update would be better if it were godtier Gamzee here - at first I thought it could be, until I saw the Derse blouse.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
To be fair when I saw that John was about to black out I did wonder if he was about to wake up in the same part of the void that Roxy was drunkenly floating through. Turns out I wasn't too far off.

Also if it was godtier Gamzee then you would have to replace Roxy's shoe with Gamzee's codpiece.

I'll just let that thought settle...

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MyFaceBeHi posted:

To be fair when I saw that John was about to black out I did wonder if he was about to wake up in the same part of the void that Roxy was drunkenly floating through. Turns out I wasn't too far off.

Also if it was godtier Gamzee then you would have to replace Roxy's shoe with Gamzee's codpiece.

I'll just let that thought settle...

I'd have paid good money to have seen that happen. And then even though a Beta God Tier Gamzee did it, Alpha Gamzee's prankster's gambit skyrockets.

Few things are more humiliating that being smacked in the face by a clown's codpiece.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Bongo Bill posted:

Well, let's start taking bets. Pick one or more; high-fives will be distributed to the winners, and to the losers, jeers.

• Other (please specify)

I'll go with "Other (random Roxy)" for 300, Bill.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I swear, that callback to a potential little heart symbol over John is going to prompt all kinds of speculation, even if we change perspectives right now and never even see if there's one there.

Although I much prefer the interpretation that his emotional state is "knocked on his rear end, thinking about how he was knocked on his rear end". Seems about John's speed.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Guys I am fairly sure John just fell... heels over head for Roxy?

e: that's a joke because yeah he's obvs a goof

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dolash posted:

I swear, that callback to a potential little heart symbol over John is going to prompt all kinds of speculation, even if we change perspectives right now and never even see if there's one there.

Although I much prefer the interpretation that his emotional state is "knocked on his rear end, thinking about how he was knocked on his rear end". Seems about John's speed.

In the place of a little heart symbol is just another picture of John knocked on his rear end.

I'm pretty sure that you're right and having been knocked on his rear end by a bauetiful stanger he is sitting there, his only emotional reaction to the event being "I was just knocked on my rear end."

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Well I hope something else happens in this bubble then, because otherwise this isn't really a particularly interesting digression.

Maybe... John figures out that the players in the reset session will be the guardians, and starts to expect he'll see his dad as a player when they arrive? Maybe that? Otherwise this bit doesn't really give us much to work with.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dolash posted:

Well I hope something else happens in this bubble then, because otherwise this isn't really a particularly interesting digression.

Dave feels a great disturbance in the Force, as he realizes that, once again, someone thought his mom was kinda hot.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
John stop sitting there on your rear end you HIDEOUS COCK shes ESCAPING TO THE SIDE

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Dolash posted:

Maybe... John figures out that the players in the reset session will be the guardians, and starts to expect he'll see his dad as a player when they arrive? Maybe that? Otherwise this bit doesn't really give us much to work with.

Why does a joke have to be something other than a joke? Why can't someone saying the coffee is nasty with an unctuous film just mean it is nasty coffee instead of troll blood (ooooOOOhhhhhh scary :cthulhu:)?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Seoinin posted:

John stop sitting there on your rear end you HIDEOUS COCK shes ESCAPING TO THE SIDE

It was at that point John was knocked on his rear end by Rose's HOT MOM...

But yeah, the whole theme of this intermission seems to be "hussie continuously outdoes himself". :allears:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

MrBims posted:

Why does a joke have to be something other than a joke? Why can't someone saying the coffee is nasty with an unctuous film just mean it is nasty coffee instead of troll blood (ooooOOOhhhhhh scary :cthulhu:)?

When has there ever been a joke in Homestuck that hasn't had some sort of hidden significance in the plot? Even the Ghostbusters 2 MMO joke from Act 1 found relevance five acts later. Hussie's been doing this long enough that people know to look for plot clues in SBAHJ comics at this point.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

MrBims posted:

I guess I just saw this as a bit of an odd, lengthy digression for an iffy joke that doesn't yet appear to go anywhere. Dave and Karkat feuding? That's going to be a thing going forward. Unless we see something come out of this encounter though, it's a bit of a reach for a not-so-great joke.

But that's just opinions, if you liked the joke better then that's reason enough.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

When has there ever been a joke in Homestuck that hasn't had some sort of hidden significance in the plot? Even the Ghostbusters 2 MMO joke from Act 1 found relevance five acts later. Hussie's been doing this long enough that people know to look for plot clues in SBAHJ comics at this point.

But the MMO isn't relevant in itself at this point, it's just an old background joke that was expanded on a little for the sake of providing a funny backdrop for John and Jade's conversation.

What this definitely is is John and Jade's (well, John's) first encounter with a B2 player. It's unclear how much they know about those guys at this point. We've recently had it confirmed that the meteor crew know they're going into a session played by the other set of babies, and we know that Jade was able to dream-confer with at least some of the others before departure, so it might not be news to her and John. But they hadn't met any of them yet, so that's something.

KoB
May 1, 2009
It just occurred to me that Dirk and Roxy are 410 years in the future. Like, pretty much right when the universe is set to die. They might not have meteors coming, but they should probably get into the medium pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

A callback to an earlier joke isn't plot significance. Unreal Air falling to the battlefield isn't plot significance, nor the Retrieve Arms pages or the 'safe has achieved a new rung on its echeladder' pages. Toilets always being accidentally removed isn't plot significant. If Hussie wants to add in more stuff to this sequence, that's all well and fine, but there isn't always going to be some deeper meaning to funny stuff that the characters are going to glean for us pages after we're supposed to have figured it out.