Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
The idea of a seperate "supporters shirt" is pretty weird, but then again it's Olympic sport, you don't wear the athletes' clothes anyway.

Do other countries wear their normal national kits to the olympics, or have a special one designed? No other olympic sports have badges on their outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Hoops posted:

Do other countries wear their normal national kits to the olympics, or have a special one designed?

I think they typically do; remember that this is "Team GB" which doesn't exist outside of the Olympics

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

it's just a U23 tournament, don't see what the big deal is <sarcasm> yeah I think most nations just wear their normal kit.

the Japanese league season just started up, so I've been looking to see what team is closest to go to a game. And, well, holy poo poo the nearest J-League 1 team to me is...yeah:

the brightest possible kit for the lamest possible area of Japan.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Lamont Cranston posted:

I think they typically do; remember that this is "Team GB" which doesn't exist outside of the Olympics
i will remember that

[edit]is the model for the actual kit a footballer? I have no idea who he is.

Hoops fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 23, 2012

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Hoops posted:

[edit]is the model for the actual kit a footballer? I have no idea who he is.

Jack Rodwell.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Hoops posted:

ill try to remember that

lol im dumb this is what i get for posting at 3 am

i thought you were asking do other countries redesign their shirts as if this was a redesign of some sort. excuse me while i head over there and pretend that freddy adu will bring us olympic glory :patriot:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Butterfly Valley posted:

Jack Rodwell.
Well he's filled out this year hasn't he?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

harperdc posted:

it's just a U23 tournament, don't see what the big deal is <sarcasm> yeah I think most nations just wear their normal kit.

the Japanese league season just started up, so I've been looking to see what team is closest to go to a game. And, well, holy poo poo the nearest J-League 1 team to me is...yeah:

Is that Cerezo? Not so bad if its the away.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

harperdc posted:

Hey man, Saga is far from the lamest possible area of Japan, let alone the lamest possible area represented in the J-League 1. That honour belongs to Saitama.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

Hey man, Saga is far from the lamest possible area of Japan, let alone the lamest possible area represented in the J-League 1. That honour belongs to Saitama.

Both Saitama clubs are ahead of Marinos, champs Kashiwa and Kashima. Dasai pride!

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud
Home shirt is a nightmare, but this is the proposed away...

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

harperdc posted:

I actually really like that shirt for some reason, If I can find it to buy ill probably do it.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Lowden Swain posted:

Still kinda awful.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Lowden Swain posted:

It's like the other one only paler.

Incredible stuff.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflops posted:

It's like the other one only paler.

Incredible stuff.

Unbelievable Jeff

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

The Olympics are in London, there is only the home shirt

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Have they named the football squad or anything yet for the olympics? who is likely to be in it?

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

thehappyprince posted:

Have they named the football squad or anything yet for the olympics? who is likely to be in it?

not officially but basically Becks (unironically), Giggs (maybe), Bale, Ramsey, Sinclair, Ox, Caulker, and some other U21s. A team that could probably beat the team England will send to euros

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Hoops posted:

The Olympics are in London, there is only the home shirt

The Olympics are in Cardiff, Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester and Coventry they can be away when they're in a different country to London

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

The Olympics are in Cardiff, Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester and Coventry they can be away when they're in a different country to London

The colours might clash as well meaning there has to be an away top

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Are those places not in Great Britain?

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Great Britain is not London

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

grvm posted:

I actually really like that shirt for some reason, If I can find it to buy ill probably do it.

I dunno, I kinda like it with the washout?

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008
This is usually boom season for kit / box leaks and reveals, but instead we're getting very little. I wonder if focus on the European Championships by the manufacturers means that club kits are being revealed later than usual this year?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Modus Trollens posted:

not officially but basically Becks (unironically), Giggs (maybe), Bale, Ramsey, Sinclair, Ox, Caulker, and some other U21s. A team that could probably beat the team England will send to euros

Would watch every game of a GB team with Beckham and Giggs on the wings.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Would love to see Gibbs and Giggs linking just to hear how many times the commentators will mix their names up.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Supporters of whatever they're calling the club this week.
Admiral, was the most popular jersey supplier in the 70's and 80's in the US. They are currently the jersey and kit sponsor for Minnesota Stars F.C.

A couple months back three new jerseys appeared on the Admiral Site. They were the Ara, the Ultimo and the Cruz.

http://admiral.axissoccer.com/admiral_en/teamwear/admiral-jerseys/ara

http://admiral.axissoccer.com/admiral_en/teamwear/admiral-jerseys/ultimo

http://admiral.axissoccer.com/admiral_en/teamwear/admiral-jerseys/cruz

Admirals site offers a whole bunch of color options for their jerseys but the Ultimo and Cruz have not had any/many color options viewable. They were blocked off with "preview not available"

Until today!

This morning I checked the site to find that the Ultimo has these two color options now available:

Traditionally Admiral has not offered color options in that dark of Navy, in fact the only other jersey with that dark of a color option is last seasons Stars jersey.

So, I think they may be my team's (Minnesota Stars F.C.) new kit!

I don't necessarily love it, but we traditionally do super boring kits, so that's something!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I realize they're the same drat thing, but I like the navy one but not the white one.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

I really wish they'd do a color other than white - like a two tone navy.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
They look like kits you can 'design' in FIFA Street.

Woof! Woof!
Aug 21, 2006

Awesome Animals posted:

They look like kits you can 'design' in FIFA Street.

Probably made by the same designer. I mean I don't imagine designing kits for Admiral is a full time job...

BigStu
Apr 16, 2011
On today's email, Everton has announced Nike will produce the kits starting 12-13

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

BigStu posted:

On today's email, Everton has announced Nike will produce the kits starting 12-13

Booooooo. I love le coq.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

Quantrill posted:

Booooooo. I love le coq.

They've treated Everton mostly well, but their work for the Nagoya Grampus has been horrible for years.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I asked a while back if Kitbag used Lextra printing, and someone said that they did. I just got my Henry jersey in the mail, and it's definitely still the same old plastic lettering and numerals.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Bobby Digital posted:

I asked a while back if Kitbag used Lextra printing, and someone said that they did. I just got my Henry jersey in the mail, and it's definitely still the same old plastic lettering and numerals.

I ordered a shirt from the Manchester City store (which is run by kitbag, basically just a section of the kitbag site linked onto the City webpage) and it came with the proper Lextra lettering and numbers. I also remember a while back reading about how they (kitbag, not City) were switching to/now offering Lextra printing on their shirts, so I'd call and bitch. But first I'd check and make sure that the Lextra isn't an option that cost $6.00 on the website that you forgot to ask for when ordering, because this seems like a distinct possibility.

e for clarity

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I just went through the customization process again, and the only option is printing or no printing. I'll fire off an email and follow up with a call later in the week.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Bobby Digital posted:

I just went through the customization process again, and the only option is printing or no printing. I'll fire off an email and follow up with a call later in the week.

Did you get a custom name (like yours or your cat's) instead of one of the standard player names? I'm just trying to think of why they wouldn't give you Lextra besides someone in the printing room being an idiot, or why they'd still have plastic letters at all. Maybe they covertly switched back without announcing it...

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Nope, I got Henry 12, chosen from the dropdown box rather than typed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I'm trying to send a kit to Singapore with a custom name (birthday present). I'm in the UK, and would ideally like to pay in GBP with a debit card, but could do credit card if necessary. Anyone have an idea what the best site would be? It doesn't matter about the quality, it's a joke present anyway.

[edit]I mean have it shipped straight to his address in Singapore, not order it here and send it myself. I don't think I can be bothered going through all that.