Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

SV in front of the Bull Run Steam plant operated by the TVA.

Challenge: :siren:Your motorcycle in front of a Firetruck:siren:

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I liked your first challenge....all the firetrucks live inside here. Maybe I can get lucky and catch em washing one.

Edit: Nevermind just thought of a way to get a firetruck out

I'll put this here even tho it changed to fire truck. Saw one one the road but I'm not that talented.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 21, 2012

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

nsaP posted:

I liked your first challenge....all the firetrucks live inside here. Maybe I can get lucky and catch em washing one.

Edit: Nevermind just thought of a way to get a firetruck out

Please post pics of the police report along with your bike.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

If no one posts a pic with a firetruck by tomorrow afternoon or so nsaP can choose the next challenge. As mentioned I changed the challenge from a windy road sign to a firetruck. But firetrucks are awesome so someone get that picture.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

"Post a picture of your bike on the side of the road with a flat tire"

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

NitroSpazzz posted:

If no one posts a pic with a firetruck by tomorrow afternoon or so nsaP can choose the next challenge. As mentioned I changed the challenge from a windy road sign to a firetruck. But firetrucks are awesome so someone get that picture.

As a firefighter I'll try to do this, but none of my bikes are running/near running.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

invision posted:

As a firefighter I'll try to do this, but none of my bikes are running/near running.

Current challenge is "picture of invision parting out his motorcycle using only the Jaws of Life."

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does this count? All the big trucks were inside. :(

If it does, :siren:Your bike in front of a graffiti mural:siren:

Edit: Just some decent graffiti, no lovely gang tags or "wagner loves the cock" scribblings, please.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 22, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

They're all inside but you can see the shadows.

gently caress, beaten.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SaNChEzZ posted:

They're all inside but you can see the shadows.

gently caress, beaten.

Still lovin those wheels

That is both a question and a statement from me.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Invision's Custom Cars
Featuring TNT Jaws Of Life Custom Fabrication Tools

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Still lovin those wheels

That is both a question and a statement from me.

Why yes, I do! Surprisingly they're not caked in dirt yet. I also have received zero comments from passer bys so they must be lovely.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

If it does, :siren:Your bike in front of a graffiti mural:siren:

Edit: Just some decent graffiti, no lovely gang tags or "wagner loves the cock" scribblings, please.

Decent graffiti, horrible mobile phone pic.

:siren: Your bike and an abandoned building/machine/pet. :siren:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Beaten again.. the lighter side of Hollywood graffiti.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

SaNChEzZ posted:

Beaten again.. the lighter side of Hollywood graffiti.

Something about the sun rays + flowers + SM makes this drat funny.

I really hope everybody keeps posting their pictures even if they're not first.

toolshed
Sep 1, 2001

upsidedown posted:

Decent graffiti, horrible mobile phone pic.

Where was this taken? It looks vaguely familiar.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

upsidedown posted:

:smug: Abandoned by the Germans circa 1945; half machinery, half building, an anti-aircraft platform, part of Hitler's pet project; the Atlantic Wall.

:siren:Your bike and something from World War 2:siren:
EDIT: should not be something you have laying around. But you can be abstract with it, armour, planes, institutions, memorials

VV Nope, gotta be Dubya-Dubya-Two, as you Colonials say it. Last time I was in the states I found that most towns (that were old enough) had some kind of memorial or thing for the war, it shouldn't be that hard. Hell ride and see your Grandpa if he was in The War, get a pic with him AND be a good grandkid.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 22, 2012

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Dude, that's cool! Would something from the civil war count? Oh wait, I've still got a flat

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ReelBigLizard posted:

Goddamnit, I live next to the military college and there are real WWII tanks and howitzers and stuff all over the place (for that matter, military equipment from all eras between like 1780 and 1980)...but I can't ride until my new tires get here. Ugh.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Sagebrush posted:

Goddamnit, I live next to the military college and there are real WWII tanks and howitzers and stuff all over the place (for that matter, military equipment from all eras between like 1780 and 1980)...but I can't ride until my new tires get here. Ugh.

Push it!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Dammit why can't I be back home. I live on a loving base created during WW2.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Push it!

Well, "next to" is a bit of an exaggeration. It's more like 2.5 miles and I'd have to go across a bridge pushing this bike with damaged tires.

If in a week or so there's a "post your bike next to an F-101" or "next to an 18th century cannon tower" or "with a cannon that was used by protestants to shoot catholics" I'll be set, though.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

ReelBigLizard posted:

EDIT: should not be something you have laying around. But you can be abstract with it, armour, planes, institutions, memorials

At Seattle's Museum of Flight: A Superfortress in a Supercondom!

And a regular Flying Fortress protecting just the tips:

Bonus Cold War:

While I was riding down to Boeing Field, alongside which this museum is located, I had the piss scared out of me as two Growlers came in for landing, flying in tandem. So loud. Well, I'm guessing they were Growlers, as there's a base nearby with them, but they could've been Super Hornets.

:siren: your bike and a construction zone :siren: (road works or buildings or whatever)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I've been trying so hard but I always get beaten :(

Here's a still standing air raid siren near my house and LAX. I even parked on the sidewalk.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

SaNChEzZ posted:

Here's a still standing air raid siren near my house and LAX. I even parked on the sidewalk.

I kind of secretly hope you keep getting beaten because then you'll be compelled to keep trying and keep posting cool pictures with interesting light. Seriously, both this and your last one are really neat.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SaNChEzZ posted:

Well, none of Gay Nudist Dad's photos are loading for me, so as far as I'm concerned you won that one. Good one, too...I wasn't expecting an air raid siren.

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding
Well these aren't winners, but I took my bike for the first ride of the season, so I figured I could contribute a couple of old challenges.

Bike next to a river:

Bike next to an abandoned machine, plus bonus off-road:

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Sagebrush posted:

Well, none of Gay Nudist Dad's photos are loading for me, so as far as I'm concerned you won that one. Good one, too...I wasn't expecting an air raid siren.

Imgur's been flaky on me this evening. Even pics on earlier pages of this thread weren't loading. It'll happen. They're real!

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Sagebrush posted:

His pictures work if you go to their link. They're pretty good as well.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Boat posted:

I kind of secretly hope you keep getting beaten because then you'll be compelled to keep trying and keep posting cool pictures with interesting light. Seriously, both this and your last one are really neat.

Ha, dunno how I'd make a construction zone cool, there's nothing awe inspiring going up in LA right now. But I'll try!

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

toolshed posted:

Where was this taken? It looks vaguely familiar.

It's on the back wall of the Botany View Hotel in Newtown (Sydney). Are you a Sydney-sider?

ReelBigLizard posted:

:smug: Abandoned by the Germans circa 1945; half machinery, half building, an anti-aircraft platform, part of Hitler's pet project; the Atlantic Wall.

:golfclap: Nicely done! I'd never heard about The Atlantic Wall until now.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Damnit, I was out riding for 2 hours today looking for roadworks .. and couldnt find any. The gently caress? Even the roadworks that has been going on for 6 months now there was nothing and I was there yesterday and they were ripping up another part of the road.

Stupid poo poo!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

SaNChEzZ posted:

Keep trying because every time I want to buy a WR250 a bit more.

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010

Shocked nobody beat me to the punch. Stopped by 2 different construction zones to be thorough.

NEW CHALLENGE: :siren:Lets get people motivated to work on their bikes! post a picture of your bike with the tank off. Bonus points the more you remove.:siren:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
But my tank is my frame, this is going to be difficult.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

:siren:YOUR BIKE TAKING A NAP:siren:

You can be as creative as you want!

invision fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 23, 2012

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Bike in pieces...no problem. SV track bike work in progress.

ah beaten

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I cheated -- this was about four days ago (though the tank is still off). But other people beat me to it so I figure this just fills out the thread

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

:siren: With the most attractive member of the opposite sex you can find, SOs and partners don't count! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Z3n posted:

:siren: With the most attractive member of the opposite sex you can find, SOs and partners don't count! :siren:

Oh come on

• Locked thread