Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!

Fkin posted:

I have 3 harleys. My 2004 Harley fxd which is pretty much my commuter to work. I have a 49 panhead in bits that I am rebuilding.

I just finished rebuilding my 1997 Springer softail classic which is my roadtrip bike:

I'll post up my fxd later

edit to list out the mods:

Fred's evil heads (cnc ported and beahives etc)
forged pistons
true duals
makuni carb
performance lifters cams and rods
600 watt amp and speakers
16 inch apes
rebuilt crank and bottom end and rebuilt juggs.

Basically a new 80 inch evo engine.

edit 2 - I forgot converted it to chain drive like my dyna which dropped the od5 down even further. Can't wait for the weather to improve.

Most of CA might not like it but god drat that is an awesome bike.

I'd be interested in seeing a build thread for the panhead! :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Fkin posted:

600 watt amp and speakers

Where on earth are you hiding the speakers? :confused:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I see them hanging from the handlebars above the running lights.

I love 80" evos.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Fkin posted:

So pretty. The white + whitewalls looks so drat good.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fkin posted:

It's not a bike I would ever choose to own, but I can definitely appreciate the work that's gone into it. Cool.

Fixed Gear Guy
Oct 21, 2010

In a ketchup factory. A sexy ketchup factory.

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Sploosh. I've always wondered how those ride. Is it comfortable enough to tour?

I rode it 200 miles home from the dealer, straight across 3/4 of PA. I can say that the nice, wide seat and rear set position really made her much more comfortable than my Ninja 250. I can also relax my hands (supporting my weight with my rear end/feet) much better on the Monster.

hayden. posted:

yo i'm happy for you and all but personally that looks like poo poo, why did you waste your money on that?

-channeling mootmoot

(It's actually pretty great)

I dunno bro, if I put spikes on the windscreen and put a "DAYTONA" logo on it will I be cool??? Oh wait, I forgot I actually know how to turn my bike.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Fkin posted:

I have 3 harleys. My 2004 Harley fxd which is pretty much my commuter to work. I have a 49 panhead in bits that I am rebuilding.

I just finished rebuilding my 1997 Springer softail classic which is my roadtrip bike:

Motion to install Fkin as C.A.H.O.G. Grand Sultan for life. Those in favor say aye. Those opposed STFU unless you have four Harleys...

Fkin
Apr 19, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

So pretty. The white + whitewalls looks so drat good.

This is what it looked like back in the day before the rebuild and some of the mods.

Fkin
Apr 19, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sagebrush posted:

It's not a bike I would ever choose to own, but I can definitely appreciate the work that's gone into it. Cool.

Yeah well I do set up my bikes kinda strange.

My Dyna is in the back - you can see it is set up for winter driving in the rain. (and there is plenty of rain here in Seattle area).

Another bike that you might appreciate more is the blue one, my friend's Dyna that just got finished recently as well.

Screaming Eagle 120R Still breaking it in but out of the crate with a new Mikuni carb it has 129 fp of torque at the wheel and 120 horse power. And since he has an OD6 baker in it, it is plenty fast for pretty much anyone.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Fkin posted:

Yeah well I do set up my bikes kinda strange.

My Dyna is in the back - you can see it is set up for winter driving in the rain. (and there is plenty of rain here in Seattle area).

Another bike that you might appreciate more is the blue one, my friend's Dyna that just got finished recently as well.

Screaming Eagle 120R Still breaking it in but out of the crate with a new Mikuni carb it has 129 fp of torque at the wheel and 120 horse power. And since he has an OD6 baker in it, it is plenty fast for pretty much anyone.

Please pass along my jealousy to him. That is loving sharp looking.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What's the difference between a Dyna and a Sportster? I thought only the Sportsters had coil-overs in the rear. That blue one is very clean...if it were mine I'd lose the ape hangers and the back rest and ride the poo poo out of it.

(I like coil-overs, so if I owned a Harley, it would be a Sportster or I guess now also maybe a Dyna)

Fkin
Apr 19, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sagebrush posted:

What's the difference between a Dyna and a Sportster? I thought only the Sportsters had coil-overs in the rear. That blue one is very clean...if it were mine I'd lose the ape hangers and the back rest and ride the poo poo out of it.

(I like coil-overs, so if I owned a Harley, it would be a Sportster or I guess now also maybe a Dyna)

Sporties have right side drive and different transmissions than the Dynas. The Dynas are scaled up sporties basically with different transmissions 88" and up engines (at least on the twin cams) and different tanks. There are a lot of common parts outside the engine and transmission for sporties and vanilla dynas.

My dyna in the pic above has a late model sportster front tire on it and a deuce rear tire with a bunch of other mods like outlaw forward controls, vance and hines pro pipe and breather, custum fairing, bags and crash bars. Engine is pretty much stock 88", but it has almost 30k miles on it now so in a year or two I may get a 120r myself.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Time to Japanese this thread up! I know I've posted my older bike before but it got its first ride of the season!

I'm kicking myself for even considering selling it to my brother. I love this bike! Back in the garage it goes in favor of my R6 now. :hurr:

LarryCsonka
Nov 7, 2006
Oooh, I don't go map-finding-behinding
What's up first ride of the season Honda buddy? Got my bike out of storage today (a couple weeks late considering the weather) and rode 100 miles around northwest CT. It's good to be back in the saddle

Fkin
Apr 19, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

200 miles of break in done - might get to take her out over the weekend if the weather holds:

One thing I forgot to mention is that it has samson true duals on it now as can be seen here - so you can compare to the dyno pic from last summer.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's a beautiful bike. What's the arm comfort like with those bars? It always looked uncomfortable to me when I saw them on the road, but I've never sat on one or talked to someone who had them so I have no idea.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Hey Fkin, are you checking out Boston and Journey in Sturgis this summer?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
That bike is exactly what I want if I was to get a cruiser. Nice job, its so...classy?

Fkin
Apr 19, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

nsaP posted:

That's a beautiful bike. What's the arm comfort like with those bars? It always looked uncomfortable to me when I saw them on the road, but I've never sat on one or talked to someone who had them so I have no idea.

Sturgis if I can get time off. We are trying to figure out a trip up to Alaska as well so that might bump Sturgis.

Fkin
Apr 19, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

nsaP posted:

If though they look tall they are shoulder height for me so they are really comfortable. I have apes for my Dyna also but I am trying to focus on the pan project so I have not put them on yet.

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!
My new baby - bought her last week:

2012 Triumph Bonneville...I'm in luuuurve!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Distended Bowel posted:

Pretty bike
Welcome to the brotherhood of awesome :cheers:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's fuel-injected, right? Cute how they made the injection hardware look sort of like a carburetor.

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!

ChiTownEddie posted:

Pretty bike
Welcome to the brotherhood of awesome :cheers:

I'm a chick, so brotherhood doesn't really work for me :)

And yes, it's fuel injected.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Sagebrush posted:

It's fuel-injected, right? Cute how they made the injection hardware look sort of like a carburetor.

I like it. Nice little detail for a "classic" model.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Distended Bowel posted:

I'm a chick, so brotherhood doesn't really work for me :)

Touche, well...welcome to the group of people who own the best bike!

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

ChiTownEddie posted:

Touche, well...welcome to the group of people who own the best bike!

I didn't know you rode a DRZ!

Just joking that bike is so hawt, I'd ride the piss out of it.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Sagebrush posted:

Triumph: The British Harley

Not to diss, though. That is a beautiful bike. I want a Bonneville so bad, but I don't want to take on debt to buy my first non-scooter, but I never find anything I really want so at this rate I'll just keep saving until I can buy a Bonne outright. :(

Rodney Chops
Jan 5, 2006
Exceedingly Narrow Minded

Bought it from my cousin last year. Best purchase I have made in my life!

Rolled it over to 35,000 km. Its still blizzarding out right now... but almost bike time!

Edit: Oh, its a 2000 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom. Stock pretty much everything except forward controls, and different mirrors.

Rodney Chops fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 24, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Distended Bowel posted:

Were you the one who had the TU-250? Nice upgrade. I love new Bonnevilles.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Yet another bike

Wanted a Tuono. Got laid off. Got this instead.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

the walkin dude posted:

Yet another bike

Don't be too disappointed. That bike looks really nice. The blue and black look real good.

The Tuono will come. Sorry about the lay off.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

the walkin dude posted:

Yet another bike

That's the hottest SV I've ever seen.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

the walkin dude posted:

Yet another bike

Sorry about the layoff. I've had mine more then once and now my job is forbiding overtime and everyone's flipping out because there's no work...same old bs.

On the plus side, you seem to be gifted with amazing-SV-finding and owning.

deliverator
Aug 8, 2000
you know i'm your Hiro
Traded my 08 VFR800 for this 08 Triumph Tiger 1050. :cool:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

deliverator posted:

Wow, great trade! I love Tigers. e: the headlights of the 1050 are perhaps the best looking on any motorcycle, any year. But the rear end does look a little...rear ended.

Ola fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 25, 2012

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

deliverator posted:

I've looked at those on and off for a while.. the white ones look really nice. There's something I can't get over about the seat though, I think it's too wide, so you sit sort of bow-legged. At least that's my impression from the showroom. Very nice though!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

deliverator posted:

Perfect bike for the deliverator. :v:

I really want a Triumph Explorer but I really don't want to buy one.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
1990 Honda VFR750F. Just hit 107,000 miles this past week.

odd how the photos came out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Yeah screw lay-offs. Thankfully, getting into the world of motorcycling has taught me to always save up my money (so I don't get hosed with having no bike) and to sacrifice bigger for smaller, just to keep riding. At least I've got a baby Tuono, with half the power output!

Thanks for the compliments about the new bike :3: It's got a BMW dirt bike headlight which is interesting-looking, to say the least. It's got pretty good light output. I really miss the dual Buell headlights of my K5 SV650, though. I'll be keeping the headlight on to help deter fuckface thieves.