Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Internet Kraken posted:

Mass Effect 3 is art.
I'm pretty sure someone already confirmed that this was a photoshop. I tried to confirm it myself, and I saw no camel-toe in-game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Beefstew posted:

I'm pretty sure someone already confirmed that this was a photoshop. I tried to confirm it myself, and I saw no camel-toe in-game.

Unfortunately no. There are other screenshots that show the same thing and just looking at EDI in this outfit on the character select screen shows that it is there.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

Crows Turn Off posted:

I also had to take the Renegade option of shooting Udina. What a dick.
As a Paragon I choose the Renegade option of shooting him since Ashley was being dumb and I was getting tired of them ignoring the fact the guy is dicking around for time. gently caress you I'm Shepard stop wasting my time.

NihilCredo posted:

So I was bored and made a variation:

As an Mass Effect Infiltrator for the last 5 years, thank you.

Nucular Carmul posted:

:siren::siren:I found a thing

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221273p1.html :siren::siren:
Muzyka: we hear the complaints and we're looking at feedback so we will update you further in April.
IGN: THERE'S A NEW ENDING COMING OUT.

IGN is run by idiots and is only surpassed by Kotaku in terms of sheer incompetence and poo poo posting articles.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
Does anyone know exactly how you get Stasis from Liara? I've talked to her after every mission, completed the Shadow Broker, am romancing her and have just finished Thessia. Still no stasis. I'm sick of using singularity like a chump since Phantoms are the only enemy which give me any trouble and they are immune until the Barrier is down.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
You should be just at the point where you can unlock it, IIRC. Just go talk to her.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

SuperKlaus posted:

My question is really: can the Widow one-shot a Marauder/Phantom/Combat Engineer/other badguy with a shield or barrier or armor bar on Normal difficulty?

My Vanguard Charge regularly knocked away a Marauder's entire shield bar and wounded his health down to like three boxes. Regardless of that, my friend claims his Widow only ever takes out the target's shield bar, leaving the health bar intact, regardless of cloak or uncloak. Which, if true, would be enormous bull.

However, if it is also true that you can make the whole guy's body explode, that would pretty much cancel the bull for me.

It depends how much damage you pump into that one shot. If you have no +% damage passives, no ammo bonus, and no active skill bonus, it won't be enough. Now if you have +20% from passives, another 20% from various active skills, another 20% from ammo bonus, +20% from mods, and speccd infiltrator stealth (+ 130 or so percent?), you'll blow right through shields/barriers. Chunking large portions of health, if not all of it. If they have poo poo tons of shields (like two specific boss targets I can think of) you probably won't make it through. I don't think there are any gimmick normal enemies that have hilarious high base shields to worry about though.

edit- Get a head shot too. Makes a huge difference.

Harrower fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 24, 2012

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

NihilCredo posted:

So I was bored and made a variation:

This is a thing of beauty and I would like to request that it be placed in the OP along with the Vanguard version.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006

HoveringCheesecake posted:

This is a thing of beauty and I would like to request that it be placed in the OP along with the Vanguard version.

The Vanguard version in ME3 is just:

Should I charge? -> Yes.
Add Nova/Shotgun for good measure.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Phylodox posted:

Well, they would be dumping you at the end of a two hour long slog with limited save points. You'd be waking up pretty much right after you got blasted by Harbinger. Also, they could implement an endgame that involved re-taking the Citadel and rescuing all the people you helped previously, so it could do something for Kelly. She could have her Ellen Ripley moment and finally face her fears and come out stronger on the other side.

Not that they'll do any of that, of course...

Wait, in my run through Kelly gets executed by Cerberus when they attack the citadel. How did you prevent that?

Huh, I never got an identity change option, at least I thought I didn't.

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 24, 2012

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Blindeye posted:

Wait, in my run through Kelly gets executed by Cerberus when they attack the citadel. How did you prevent that?

You have to get the option for her to go with identity change.

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.

Already there. :D

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Beefstew posted:

No. It might have been enhanced, but the camel-toe is definitely there. I saw it in-game plenty of times before I ever saw or heard anyone else say anything about it. I remember specifically the first time I noticed it, on the shuttle ride down for one of the first missions I took her on, and I was like :raise:

e: Maybe it's a video card/driver thing? ATI 6950, the 11.x beta drivers that provided the sync/tear extension for Rage here. I'd try to get a screenshot, but that's kind of weird and :effort: Maybe when I go through my 1/2/3 playthrough, but I'm sure somebody else will remember and hit printscreen before then.

wellwhoopdedooo fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 24, 2012

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Where does origin put the ME3 OST? I want to add it to my ipod, but I can't find it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

Where does origin put the ME3 OST? I want to add it to my ipod, but I can't find it.

I had to go to the Bioware site, log into my EA account, go to my unlocked content section, download the soundtrack, then convert it from WAV to MP3 before I could get it on my iPhone.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

I had to go to the Bioware site, log into my EA account, go to my unlocked content section, download the soundtrack, then convert it from WAV to MP3 before I could get it on my iPhone.

It is downloaded through origin, so I figured its in the origin or ME3 dir, but no. Though there is a screenshot dir, is there a way to take them in game without fraps or other program?

EDIT: Found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Mass Effect 3\Bonus\Soundtrack

Ew, they're wav files. I haven't converted a wav to mp3 in 15 years.

Haledjian posted:

Holy poo poo, I just tried the Falcon for the first time. I have a new favorite gun.

It made me feel like a Space Marine.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 24, 2012

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE
Holy poo poo, I just tried the Falcon for the first time. I have a new favorite gun.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Enjoy it in SP because for god knows what reason they ruined it in MP by cutting its firing rate down to a third and making it hold less ammo. :smith:

Hidohebhi
Nov 19, 2006

"Do you know how hard it was to find 'a bangin' redhead'?"

twistedmentat posted:

Ew, they're wav files. I haven't converted a wav to mp3 in 15 years.

Ugh, I converted mine and I guess I used a poo poo converter (iTunes :barf:) because there are some horrible artifacts popping up in the mp3s now.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Snicker-Snack posted:

You should be just at the point where you can unlock it, IIRC. Just go talk to her.

She was with Javik and I didn't get anything. Fwiw I just powered through the game missing only that power. Annoying because it was the only power I wanted.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Rape Jake. posted:

She was with Javik and I didn't get anything. Fwiw I just powered through the game missing only that power. Annoying because it was the only power I wanted.

You don't get anything for the scene with Javik but if you go to her quarters after that you can talk to her again and unlock Stasis then.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You don't get anything for the scene with Javik but if you go to her quarters after that you can talk to her again and unlock Stasis then.

drat. :negative:

Edit: It takes so long to get through the ship on my post mission sweeps I didn't even think to go back and see what see would say without Javik.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Great Infiltrator flow chart by the by.

The only thing I'd add is a sub-loop right after 'pick a target' that asks if the target's already damaged & chilled or sparking, incinerate will then do a pretty tech explosion. :buddy:

If that's too gamey/advanced for a pew...cha-chink...pew infiltrator, if the target picked is an annoying synthetic, like a turret, geth prime, Atlas, etc just use sabotage, even if it's only got one point, to completely emasculate the only other irritating enemy class in this game.

You know, because there are dudes in the universe who can remind Vanguards they're mortals. Nobody does that to infiltrators.

:shepface:

Nobody.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The best thing about infiltrators is taking the Geth shotgun and priming it before cloaking and then firing a full charge AND STILL BE CLOAKED. What's that, big dumb stupid Geth Prime machine? You want to lose all your shields in a single shotgun + melee combo? Okay I will oblige.

Man infiltrators are the best. Even vanguards are wimpering cowards so long as those red moons aren't connected. Infiltrators know that meleeing pyros is how you kill them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Internet Kraken posted:

Mass Effect 3 is art.

Motherfucker. I never noticed that. WHY DID YOU MAKE ME NOTICE THAT :negative:

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

100 Years in Iraq posted:

Motherfucker. I never noticed that. WHY DID YOU MAKE ME NOTICE THAT :negative:

Joker noticed it.

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010
Beyond those awesome flowchart image macros, are there any good class guides or recommendations, especially specific power specs and builds?

I really enjoyed the soldier in ME 2, and I think I was an engineer in ME 1, but that was so long ago that I don't really remember much about the playstyle and ME 3 seems so different with so many changes that I'm not sure what to pick.

Bruce Leroy fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 24, 2012

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bruce Leroy posted:

Beyond those awesome flowchart image macros, are there any good class guides or recommendations?

I really enjoyed the soldier in ME 2, and I think I was an engineer in ME 1, but that was so long ago that I don't really remember much about the playstyle and ME 3 seems so different with so many changes that I'm not sure what to pick.

Engineer is a blast in ME3 single or multi. I tried one for shits and giggles and ended up having a blast. Blast or debuff away while tossing in a floating robot buddy. You don't really have to worry about only having X weapon families anymore. I take a Mattock and pistol and do quite nicely. In multi the Salarian Engineer is awesome. Of course I'm rather partial to Salarians...

They did a great job with the classes in ME3. I did Soldier first as well that was my first class and character in the first game. Juggling Engineer and Sentinel now.

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

Someone mentioned a few pages ago that the game goofed up and they lost all of their achievements? I just started the game on my 360 and a little window popped up on the splash screen telling me that I last played the game on another console (no I didn't) and that it wanted to pull my saves or some poo poo. I ended up clicking back and reloading the game and it loaded up fine.

Anyone know what that was about? It was a 360 dashboard popup that gave me the notification and not the stupid "checking EA servers" that it does every time I load the game. I'm just glad I didn't lose my saves.

This is a little late and I don't want to be all :supaburn:, but that happened to me and as it turned out, it was because someone had in fact logged in on my account on another console and bought lots of microsoft points etc. If you have a credit card or paypal or whatever tied to your account, I'd check just to be sure. I mean it could be nothing but it sucks if it isn't.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

HenessyHero posted:

You know, because there are dudes in the universe who can remind Vanguards they're mortals.

Are there?

Mr. Soul
Nov 5, 2011
I did soldier first, not knowing weapons were not restricted to certain classes (and not having a mattock just won't do). On my second just now, I ran through a centurion so fast he exploded and felt like the Flash. Vanguard for life.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Bruce Leroy posted:

Beyond those awesome flowchart image macros, are there any good class guides or recommendations, especially specific power specs and builds?

Go Soldier, only equip Heavy Pistol, grab Fortification from Vega, then pump up all the melee/time dilation talents from Adrenaline Rush/Fortification/Fitness.

With only the Heavy Pistol, if you grab the talent that keeps AR on longer, you'll be able to keep it going forever, and when in Adrenaline Rush mode, you'll be doing rather large amounts of melee damage.

You basically become some strange time manipulating melee warrior, and its fantastic.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Internet Kraken posted:

Unfortunately no. There are other screenshots that show the same thing and just looking at EDI in this outfit on the character select screen shows that it is there.

:barf: What the gently caress, Bioware. How could they think that's even acceptable?

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Dush posted:

:barf: What the gently caress, Bioware. How could they think that's even acceptable?

Camel Toes are real, dude. They're just being realistic.

Dush
Jan 23, 2011

Mo' Money

Rape Jake. posted:

Camel Toes are real, dude. They're just being realistic.

You joke, but I saw that argument used unironically on the Bioware forums.

moondust
Feb 3, 2011

Mo' Problems

Dush posted:

You joke, but I saw that argument used unironically on the Bioware forums.

Meanwhile, on IGN..

quote:

Yeah, I noticed that.

You'd think that women would learn how to dress to avoid that in the future. I guess not.

:thumbsup:

Bruce Leroy
Jun 10, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Go Soldier, only equip Heavy Pistol, grab Fortification from Vega, then pump up all the melee/time dilation talents from Adrenaline Rush/Fortification/Fitness.

With only the Heavy Pistol, if you grab the talent that keeps AR on longer, you'll be able to keep it going forever, and when in Adrenaline Rush mode, you'll be doing rather large amounts of melee damage.

You basically become some strange time manipulating melee warrior, and its fantastic.

Is this kind of what you are talking about?
http://biowarefans.com/mass-effect-3-power-calculator/?o=6A000006L6Q

Is melee as a soldier that powerful and viable? Is the melee really all that powerful while in Adrenaline Rush?

Do you end up dying a lot or do the first two fitness talents really help with survival that much?

Is the heavy pistol good enough as a backup weapon with melee as primary?

Von_Doom posted:

Engineer is a blast in ME3 single or multi. I tried one for shits and giggles and ended up having a blast. Blast or debuff away while tossing in a floating robot buddy. You don't really have to worry about only having X weapon families anymore. I take a Mattock and pistol and do quite nicely. In multi the Salarian Engineer is awesome. Of course I'm rather partial to Salarians...

They did a great job with the classes in ME3. I did Soldier first as well that was my first class and character in the first game. Juggling Engineer and Sentinel now.

So, what would a sample build be like for one of your engineers, something like this?

http://biowarefans.com/mass-effect-3-power-calculator/?e=6j6i06i0000

Overload to take care of barriers and shields, incinerate to take care of armored foes and those who have been overloaded, and drone as a pet?

----------------------------------

It seems like infiltrator and vanguard are also pretty popular and powerful.

As for infiltrator, from what I gather from the flowchart (thanks NihilCredo), it's all about cloaking and then headshotting with sniper rifles, so would the following build work?

http://biowarefans.com/mass-effect-3-power-calculator/?i=0206L206S1

Is cryo ammo worth it or should those points go into incinerate? Is sticky grenade worth it or is it better to just stick with sniper rifle headshots and cloaking?

How would I get >100% recharge time as in the beginning of the flowchart? I only see +55% from the tactical cloak tree.

Also, what should my backup weapon be with the sniper rifle, a shotgun or SMG?

------

For the vanguard, it seems like charge and nova are the best/core skills, right? Would the following build work?

http://biowarefans.com/mass-effect-3-power-calculator/?v=1006i06S6L1

This would update the flowchart to be charge, nova, then shotgun to the face, correct?

Shotguns are the go-to weapon because charge puts you in such close range, right?

Banjodark
Jun 10, 2001

Beautiful and good
Punishing with his kindness
Jacob is perfect

Rookersh posted:

How does this work on insanity? How do you deal with things like phantoms, banshees and brutes? I assume you basically rely on your squad-mates & bring along liara to stasis lockdown things like phantoms?

War Pig
Nov 14, 2007

Civilization is crumbling.

Internet Kraken posted:

Mass Effect 3 is art.

This makes me embarrassed to play this game.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Bruce Leroy posted:

As for infiltrator, from what I gather from the flowchart (thanks NihilCredo), it's all about cloaking and then headshotting with sniper rifles, so would the following build work?

http://biowarefans.com/mass-effect-3-power-calculator/?i=0206L206S1

Is cryo ammo worth it or should those points go into incinerate? Is sticky grenade worth it or is it better to just stick with sniper rifle headshots and cloaking?

How would I get >100% recharge time as in the beginning of the flowchart? I only see +55% from the tactical cloak tree.

Also, what should my backup weapon be with the sniper rifle, a shotgun or SMG?
Disruptor Ammo before Cryo Ammo, since Cryo is nearly useless when you're one- or two-shotting most enemies, while Disruptor increases damage and causes a short stunning that's good enough for lining up the second headshot. When you get more points you can buy some Cryo Ammo for your sidearm, it's good to prevent waves of husks from forcing you into a QTE.

Sticky Grenade is probably your weakest ability (well, it does good damage, I just find it a pain to aim and hate the limited ammo). Use Incinerate instead, it's got a really short recharge time so in easy encounters you can just spam it and save sniper ammo. Also, put one point in Sabotage early on so you can hack turrets, then never upgrade it again until you've maxed every other skill.

Note that I started the game with an imported Shepard so I began at level 30. If you have to start from scratch, spending 6 points on the last pip of Operational Mastery probably isn't as good as 6 points on the first three Incinerate pips.

The recharge time bonus I meant was the one that comes from your weapon weight, which is shown in the weapon loadout screen (Skills that improve recharge time are rarely that good). I got along fine with an SMG as a sidearm, it lets you get to recharge time bonuses of +180-190% with a light rifle like the Viper or Valiant, and +90-110% with a heavy rifle like the Black Widow.

Final tip: don't be a wimp, leave those Spare Ammo mods at home and put something that hurts in those slots instead. You may sometimes run short on ammo, but you'll basically never run out of ammo if you diligently check out every room (which you should do anyway due to random quest items, interesting game logs and delicious XP-granting medikits being hidden everywhere). You can even Cloak and grab the ammo that's in the room you're fighting in if needed!

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rape Jake. posted:

Joker noticed it.

He probably did more than notice it.

• Locked thread