Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Only a king can make this face.
If you left an ET alone in maneuvering/EOS with a gun as SRO, something would get broken. Probably the gun, but regardless something would be in worse condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.

Mad Dragon posted:

They let roving watches carry guns? The most we had when I was still in was a lovely wooden baton, later replaced with an ASP. Considering we had zero training on either, they would be pretty much useless if we ever had to use them.

Armed Watchstander Qualification:

Describe Deadly Force __________________

Describe when deadly force is authorized __________________

List required documentation following use of deadly force __________________

List proficiency requirements for exercising Deadly Force __________________

Division Officer __________________

Department Head __________________

Anything missing, for use of semi-automatic weapon?

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.
P.S. I had a guy try and kill his barracks room mate by driving around with him tied up in the back of his truck. Couldn't convince the command he needed to be removed shoreside until properly evaluated. Had duty the next day as topside rover.

Feel safe.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Sacrilage posted:

Armed Watchstander Qualification:

Describe Deadly Force __________________

Describe when deadly force is authorized __________________

List required documentation following use of deadly force __________________

List proficiency requirements for exercising Deadly Force __________________

Division Officer __________________

Department Head __________________

....Qualifying with said weapon :P

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.

moker posted:

....Qualifying with said weapon :P

Superfluous.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Sacrilage posted:

For reaction force, we had to shoot the M9, AR-15, and shotgun.

AnInsomniac
Oct 12, 2004
Oh man don't hit me with that shoe!
Greetings Nuke Goons, I come to you with a legal question today to tickle your knowledge, since we're all about integrity.

I have been de-nuked, and in consequence, half my enlistment bonus taken back, in the form of deducting from my paycheck until my EAOS, reducing my pay to about $400/mo. after BAH. I successfully completed prototype, and had spent a year on my current boat before the de-nuking, which was basically for failure to qualify basic nuclear quals (3 RO board failures and I was out, to save you the drama). No NJP was involved.

How kosher is this? My only understanding on your bonus, is that you recieve half after A-school, and the rest for completing prototype. Can they legally take it back? Did I sign for this to be ok back in MEPS? Am I retarded?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

AnInsomniac posted:

Greetings Nuke Goons, I come to you with a legal question today to tickle your knowledge, since we're all about integrity.

I have been de-nuked, and in consequence, half my enlistment bonus taken back, in the form of deducting from my paycheck until my EAOS, reducing my pay to about $400/mo. after BAH. I successfully completed prototype, and had spent a year on my current boat before the de-nuking, which was basically for failure to qualify basic nuclear quals (3 RO board failures and I was out, to save you the drama). No NJP was involved.

How kosher is this? My only understanding on your bonus, is that you recieve half after A-school, and the rest for completing prototype. Can they legally take it back? Did I sign for this to be ok back in MEPS? Am I retarded?

Personally never heard of it, but honestly I don't have enough knowledge of the actual regs to help. If I were you I'd do some digging myself, because the nuke community LOVES to gently caress disqualified people before finally letting them go. I had been denuked for a year serving on a carrier, and the head nuke master chief finds me and demands to know why I'm stealing from the government and getting propay. I showed him my LES to prove he was wrong, then he told me he was going to get my clearance revoked. I had never spoken to him before this instance.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Check your contract for the specific wording of this page, NAVCRUIT 1133/102. I linked you instead of typing the relevant wording from mine because I'm not really sure what differs and if it endangers my privacy if I do. I figure if it's hosted on their servers it's kosher. But tl;dr: Yes, you did(most likely). Sorry about your luck!

AnInsomniac
Oct 12, 2004
Oh man don't hit me with that shoe!

Harmburger posted:

Check your contract for the specific wording of this page, NAVCRUIT 1133/102. I linked you instead of typing the relevant wording from mine because I'm not really sure what differs and if it endangers my privacy if I do. I figure if it's hosted on their servers it's kosher. But tl;dr: Yes, you did(most likely). Sorry about your luck!

drat.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
the chair is against the wall; the clock strikes at midnight

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

AnInsomniac posted:

You signed for the bonus on your enlistment. When you get de-nuked for non-medical reasons, they take the bonus money back out in little bites over a span of time. This is why people go sad panda, because it's cheaper to malinger than it is to be de-nuked any other way.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Noeland posted:

You signed for the bonus on your enlistment. When you get de-nuked for non-medical reasons, they take the bonus money back out in little bites over a span of time. This is why people go sad panda, because it's cheaper to malinger than it is to be de-nuked any other way.

Many people also have legitimate problems and don't even think about some stupid rear end bonus but hey sure. You sound like a surface nuke chief

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
*That might sound mean but if you understood the massive amount of stigma some military people have for any faggy rear end pussy mental disorder then you'd understand :P

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

moker posted:

Many people also have legitimate problems and don't even think about some stupid rear end bonus but hey sure. You sound like a surface nuke chief

It was cheaper for me to malinger, get de-nuked, and then go to mast for said malingering than it would have been to be an intentional gently caress-up. The job wasn't difficult, but dealing with the piss poor leadership and lack or competent maintenance personnel and watchstanders was. Yes, there are folks with legit problems. I was not one of them. I would have loved to crossrate to a field where people aren't punished for knowing how to do a job, but I didn't have enough time left on my contract, so they made me ADSEP.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Nevermind, whatevz

genderstomper58 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 24, 2012

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
Nothing better than starting ORSE preps.. especially with "we'll probably go back into shiftwork soon to support"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

KetTarma posted:

Nothing better than starting ORSE preps.. especially with "we'll probably go back into shiftwork soon to support"

At least it will all be over soon, right? :gbsmith:

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

Henry Meowlins posted:

At least it will all be over soon, right? :gbsmith:

And the class favorite, "It all gets better after____." Where the blank is Orse MTT PIA and any number of other word jumble acronyms.

Forgot how many memories I had suppressed from nuke life after getting out. Thanks guys, I'll have to go back to therapy now.

Are they still trying to push those whacky zone D reups? I was an 8 and out but as I was leaving the Site CMC was trying to sell me a bill off goods. Then again, having gotten out I made up the difference in pay in under two years. Glad I didnt let those dollar signs fool me.

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
Yay, I finally got orders for Prototype! Ballston Spa, here I come...at the end of May.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

Enjoy the higher rent associated with the race season.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

Cousarr posted:

Enjoy the higher rent associated with the race season.

Nukes always looking at the positive side of things.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

itsrobbiej posted:

Yay, I finally got orders for Prototype! Ballston Spa, here I come...at the end of May.

There are like 400 people on hold here right now

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Howard Phillips posted:

Nukes always looking at the positive side of things.

It's upstate NY, there is no positive side

ps the Hannaford on route 50 sucks rear end, the price chopper is somewhat better

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Cerekk posted:

There are like 400 people on hold here right now

I'm so jealous of these long rear end holds, whats it taking now 2.5-3 years to get through?

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

moker posted:

I'm so jealous of these long rear end holds, whats it taking now 2.5-3 years to get through?

1 yr 9 mo for me

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Cerekk posted:

1 yr 9 mo for me

You went nuke officer?? I'm forgetful :shobon:

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Otto Skorzeny posted:

It's upstate NY, there is no positive side

Are you kidding? Saratoga Springs was awesome in the summer.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Toga is nice but real expensive. Watch out for the Skidmore girls though on weekends.

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

moker posted:

You went nuke officer?? I'm forgetful :shobon:

"went" implies I had a choice in the matter, but yeah.

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
I wish I could class up and start immediately, but getting outta here is fine with me.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

belt posted:

Are you kidding? Saratoga Springs was awesome in the summer.

It is really awesome if your over 21 and not a student. Otherwise there isn't a lot of anything worth doing other than going to see who evers playing at the college. And if your a student crammed 3 to a house just to make the summer rent your likely stretched pretty thin on funds.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Cerekk posted:

"went" implies I had a choice in the matter, but yeah.

So you went from STS to sub officer? Don't think I ever saw a non nuke sub guy do that before 0_o

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

One of the JOs in my prototype class was a reformed coner.

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
Yeah it looks like I'm going to try to secure a house with Balfour Beatty. Once I have a confirmed address, I can start working on a DITY move. Looks like me and the wife have a lot to do in month...thank god for transfer leave.

Cousarr
Apr 29, 2008

I'd try to make Balfour Beatty as temporary as possible. They charge higher than local rent for what you get, even in the summer.

itsrobbiej
Oct 23, 2010
Everything I'm finding is like 1200-1400...but that's on the ahrn or whatever.

gay jesus
Nov 13, 2010
Hello everyone
I'm a prospective nuke, meaning I've taken my ASVAB but not much else.
My VE+AR+MK+MC is 267 and my AR+MK+EI+GS is 271, though from what I've read the tough part of nuclear power school isn't being smart enough but working hard enough...
I don't have any questions yet, I just wanted to introduce myself for when I did have a question

gay jesus fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 18, 2012

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
Idk what that poo poo means but flee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012

gay jesus posted:

Hello everyone
I'm a prospective nuke, meaning I've taken my ASVAB but not much else.
My VE+AR+MK+MC is 267 and my AR+MK+EI+GS is 271, though from what I've read the tough part of nuclear power school isn't being smart enough but working hard enough...
I don't have any questions yet, I just wanted to introduce myself for when I did have a question

Only test that maters is NFQT, and that can be waved from what I hear. ASVAB really only maters to get you in the door for the NFQT.

A school is easy, it teaches how to learn in a navy environment. Powerschool is all about pace and absorption. Learning is secondary to having the information long enough to pass the exam using the correct syntax. The comp is the trick of recalling six months of syntax in three weeks of preps. Prototype is where the work ethic comes in. Time management and social skills will outshine raw intelligence everytime in quals.

As I used to tell my students, "The time it takes you to qualify is mostly set by watches. The gently caress iff time is what your spending. You can either spread it out and take the full six months to qualify, or save all that gently caress off time for the end once your quals are done."

Sgt Froggy fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 18, 2012

• Locked thread