Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

You guys might remember I posted about working on some music of my own a while back. Well, I just released my first official thing! It's still not very industrial, but I suppose you can pick up some of those influences in there. I reckon that some people here might like it. I certainly do! You can download it for free on Bandcamp!

1. Ääniaalto
2. Maapallo (Sparsely Populated Version)
3. Ä.ä..ään.i
4. Aalto

This is a different release than the one I posted that demo version of earlier - the artwork (which is going to be amazing) is still in the works and it'll be released "at some point". Soon, I hope. I'm also already working on the next EP because, hey, I like making music.

I also made a cover version of the goddamn awesome theme of the legendary German Krimi show Ein Fall für zwei / A Case for Two (original) which you can listen to on my SoundCloud. It's dumb as hell :)

e: Also finally got around to listening to Bone Music. Twiin I think you're my new favorite band. No rear end-kissing implied, this poo poo's just right up my alley

e2: Holy poo poo a The Prisoner sample

I really like this, thanks for sharing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hedenius posted:

For those of you in London:

Laibach show ‘Monumental Retro-avant-guarde’ at Tate Modern – Turbine Hall on April 14th is now SOLD OUT! A possible additional date on April 15th is being discussed.

I would kill to be there.

Seeing the words "Laibach" and "sold out" in close proximity to each other makes me feel warm inside. Just one week until the show here in Helsinki. I can't loving waitttttt

Pope Guilty posted:

I really like this, thanks for sharing!

Thanks man, glad you like it :)

I'll probably make a thread for it here in NMD at some point, to see what the goon hivemind says about it.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.

Twiin posted:

Shameless self-promo: I'm gonna be hitting the road with iVardensphere, WASTE, and ESA this summer, there's a FB page for interested parties.

Looks like I have a date with Twiin on the 20th of June.

After reading about some of the local scenes/clubs a few pages back, I'm glad I moved to the Bay Area. My hometown had 0 in terms of rivetheads aside from me and only a small pocket of inter-squabbling goths. Chicago and Madison weren't far, but still too far to be a regular. But the Bay? I love this place. SF is far to cliquey for my taste but the scene is MASSIVE.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

Hedenius posted:

For those of you in London:

Laibach show ‘Monumental Retro-avant-guarde’ at Tate Modern – Turbine Hall on April 14th
O M G

quote:

is now SOLD OUT!

FUCKKKKK

Goddamnit I need to see Laibach. I would pay a stupid amount of money for it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Furret Basket posted:

O M G

FUCKKKKK

They also weren't able to get a second date because the Turbine Hall was apparently already booked for the second day. I feel for you :(

That's why you like bands on Facebook and poo poo so you're always up to date, man!

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

They also weren't able to get a second date because the Turbine Hall was apparently already booked for the second day. I feel for you :(

That's why you like bands on Facebook and poo poo so you're always up to date, man!

I hate spending that much time on Facebook, though.

I'd kill for some kind of centralized website with a list of all the bands I like and their touring schedules, release schedules, and general news.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Pope Guilty posted:

I hate spending that much time on Facebook, though.

I'd kill for some kind of centralized website with a list of all the bands I like and their touring schedules, release schedules, and general news.

If you join Pollstar (it's free) you can set email alerts for as many bands as you want and it sends you a notification whenever a tour date is announced within a mile radius of your selection.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

If you join Pollstar (it's free) you can set email alerts for as many bands as you want and it sends you a notification whenever a tour date is announced within a mile radius of your selection.

drat, that's nice. Thanks for the headsup.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!
I use SongKick for this. It even imported my last.fm (and maybe Spotify?) history so I didn't have to tell it which bands I liked.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Furret Basket posted:

O M G

FUCKKKKK

They're playing in Manchester on the 12th. You could go on your way home from Resistanz, somehow!

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

ARRGH YOU'RE THE ONE THAT IS DOOMED TO SINK

Noricae posted:

Apparently he's also breakcore, idm and whatever "electronica" (why is this term back?) is, on top of (not really) dubstep, from what I heard fans describing his music as. I'm all for mashing different musical styles up, but it sucks when there's no historical context or musical origins. I guess it's the opposite of the super-strict genre fans, but 'not caring' is not a great alternative to that either. Meh, I've only found one amusing/new thing to come out of the Skrillex fanbase: http://girlsthatlooklikeskrillex.tumblr.com/ .

Skrillex fans are awesome.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Danger - Octopus! posted:

They're playing in Manchester on the 12th. You could go on your way home from Resistanz, somehow!

HOLY poo poo BOUGHT

I am totally stoked OMG LAIBACH. Yessss!

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
Just wanted to share news that us goons The Cleaner and spider_ross.avi have just released the electro-industrial album we've been working on for the past year, aptly titled "MUTRONIX".

It's the 3rd 'Volt 9000' album and it's very oHgr/Skinny Puppy/Download inspired. 11-tracks of crazy. I think many who frequent this thread would find it, in the least, amusing.

Two Soundcloud tracks below for a preview:

http://soundcloud.com/volt9000/meltdown
http://soundcloud.com/volt9000/outworld

It's out on iTunes/Amazon/CDbaby and all that junk

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Godmachine posted:

Looks like I have a date with Twiin on the 20th of June.

After reading about some of the local scenes/clubs a few pages back, I'm glad I moved to the Bay Area. My hometown had 0 in terms of rivetheads aside from me and only a small pocket of inter-squabbling goths. Chicago and Madison weren't far, but still too far to be a regular. But the Bay? I love this place. SF is far to cliquey for my taste but the scene is MASSIVE.

it's decent - Everything Goes Cold is a local band here who just put out an album. DJ Accucrack does a remix on there for them, they have lots of ties with a lot of very good industrial bands and just recently got signed to Metropolis. DNA Lounge is certainly the place to be for that scene if you're new here.

Zaiquiri
Mar 14, 2007

Furret Basket posted:

HOLY poo poo BOUGHT

I am totally stoked OMG LAIBACH. Yessss!

Color me jealous

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

The Cleaner posted:

Just wanted to share news that us goons The Cleaner and spider_ross.avi have just released the electro-industrial album we've been working on for the past year, aptly titled "MUTRONIX".

It's the 3rd 'Volt 9000' album and it's very oHgr/Skinny Puppy/Download inspired. 11-tracks of crazy. I think many who frequent this thread would find it, in the least, amusing.

Wow! Great work.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

Aufzug Taube! posted:

Wow! Great work.

Thanks dude! Glad you like it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The Cleaner posted:

Welp, these kick rear end

spider_ross.avi
Jan 15, 2008

nnGUH

The Cleaner posted:

Don't forget the music video for 'Meltdown' fella.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rnzClt_new

And thank you guys. Each track was very meticulously crafted and I'm glad that it reflects that to you as much as it does to us.

Lothar
Feb 2, 2004

ARRGH YOU'RE THE ONE THAT IS DOOMED TO SINK

The Cleaner posted:

Some of the vocals remind me of Prick. This is a good thing!

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.

Floodixor posted:

it's decent - Everything Goes Cold is a local band here who just put out an album. DJ Accucrack does a remix on there for them, they have lots of ties with a lot of very good industrial bands and just recently got signed to Metropolis. DNA Lounge is certainly the place to be for that scene if you're new here.

DNA Lounge/Death Guild is a pain in the rear end. Primarily because it's on Monday nights and I work a 730-430 job. Also because the crowd is excessively elitist. Not a bad place but I prefer Cat Club. However, I usually end up in San Jose at the Blank Club because the people are way more laid back.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

The Cleaner posted:

:toot: These are good. Which music vendor gives you the biggest percentage?

one note: I like the ground loop hum bass of meltdown and the music overall, but there's something about the vocals that put me off a bit. I have a terrible vocabulary for musical technicalities, so please bear with my idiocy. It feels like they're floating above the music -- like they're overly treble-y and disconnected from the track.

Contrast that with Outworld -- I like the vocals here because there's just a bit of processing on them, but it's not overdone. They're not buried in the track, they're not cookie-monster processed to death. They work with and support the music.

Well that's enough of my horrible opinion.

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

Thanks guys. I'll have to check out Prick, I haven't actually heard their stuff. Any recommendation?

boo_radley posted:

Which music vendor gives you the biggest percentage?

CDbaby is what distributes all the music to iTunes and Amazon and the rest, so generally they do, but it depends how you set it up. I guess if your looking for wide distribution, it comes down to Tunecore or CDbaby, so that is probably what you'll want to compare..

http://cdbabyvstunecore.com/

boo_radley posted:

I have a terrible vocabulary for musical technicalities, so please bear with my idiocy. It feels like they're floating above the music -- like they're overly treble-y and disconnected from the track.

Contrast that with Outworld -- I like the vocals here because there's just a bit of processing on them, but it's not overdone. They're not buried in the track, they're not cookie-monster processed to death. They work with and support the music.

Well that's enough of my horrible opinion.

Horrible? That's literally the most in-depth and descriptive criticism I've ever gotten on vocals. Usually it's more like "Uh vocals sound funny" or "Sounds is ok but it needs to be harder.. just like, harder". I'm still learning to get vocals it sit well, and also experimenting with writing with less fx. So your opinion is taken with high regard!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Laibach in less than 12 hours.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Enormously jealous. :(

Hey! KMFDM is doing a thing:

http://www.kmfdmstore.com/
"The KMFDM Store will be closing for remodeling at the end of March. For one week only EVERY item in the Store is on SALE plus many rare, limited, or sold out items will be purged from the KMFDM Vault. If there is anything you've been wanting, now is the time to get it! All orders will receive free posters, stickers, postcards, etc. Watch for the Store to return sometime in April with a new look, new items and preorders for KMFDM's forthcoming Amnesia CD!"

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

Laibach in less than 12 hours.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Aaaaaaaaaa please tell me what to expect in terms of setlist!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Furret Basket posted:

Aaaaaaaaaa please tell me what to expect in terms of setlist!

Just came back! It was loving amazing, and the setlist was partly extremely surprising - I just put it up on Setlist.fm. There were a couple of tracks I never thought I'd hear live and was very very very very pleasantly surprised. by :) I'll talk about parts of the setlist here but I don't want to spoil the most surprising cuts for you unless you really want to.

The Iron Sky soundtrack stuff the DJ played before the gig included Laibachized hip hop beats (?!) amongst other things and it sounded very cool. Very soundtrack-y, but with a Laibachian take, of course. The concert itself didn't contain any of the more soundtrack-y tracks, but had B Mashina, America and two new songs that are (I believe) the end credits piece and the song heard in some of the teasers for the movie.

As a whole the concert concentrated on their slower, more haunting and, well, artistic material, which I personally loved. Laibach isn't music to rock out to, in my opinion, and I think they should actually just drop stuff like Tanz mit Laibach altogether, because, as much as I love the song, it didn't really feel like it fit in with the rest of the setlist that well.

Also. Public announcement.

The last track on their main setlist was an all-new song, as far as I know my Laibach. Let's just... let's just say that it kicked so much fuckin rear end holy poo poo

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Mar 28, 2012

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

As a whole the concert concentrated on their slower, more haunting and, well, artistic material, which I personally loved.

Fantastic, that stuff is why I love Laibaich. Great news, thanks CAT rear end. :)

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Ministry are kinda lame now, even though I am interested in seeing FIX at some point. Anyway, Paul Barker and Ogre did a thing together.

Probably a one off collaboration. The guitars remind me of "classic Ministry" and Ogre sounds like Gary Numan covering a latter era FLA song. Honestly, I only bought it because of Barker's comment about Seasame Street lyrics but some of you might dig it.

edit: I bought the song, not the album.

Das Ende
Nov 21, 2005
YOU MAY HAVE TROUBLE REACHING DAS ENDE OF MY POSTS
:words:

Also. Public announcement.

The last track on their main setlist was an all-new song, as far as I know my Laibach. Let's just... let's just say that it kicked so much fuckin rear end holy poo poo

I got chills reading that sweary bit. I've been watching the Helsinki vids (B Mashina holy poo poo) and I can't wait for Berlin Tuesday.

Spoil me, man. What's the new track like? New direction again, or does it remind you to any of their other stuff?

I know what you mean about having had enough of Tanz mit Laibach live, but the reaction is always great. Personally, I think they could trade that out and keep Das Spiel ist aus, which always gives the band more improv opportunities.

After 30 years, they may very well be better than they've ever been...

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Das Ende posted:

I got chills reading that sweary bit. I've been watching the Helsinki vids (B Mashina holy poo poo) and I can't wait for Berlin Tuesday.

Spoil me, man. What's the new track like? New direction again, or does it remind you to any of their other stuff?

I know what you mean about having had enough of Tanz mit Laibach live, but the reaction is always great. Personally, I think they could trade that out and keep Das Spiel ist aus, which always gives the band more improv opportunities.

After 30 years, they may very well be better than they've ever been...

It appears that it wasn't a Laibach original after all - it was apparently a cover of Serge Gainsbourg's song Love on the Beat instead. The direction... Hmm. Imagine the kind of synth sounds and programming heard in Ballad of a Thin Man and add in just a touch of the Laibach Revisited sound we've already heard live, and I'd say you have a pretty good picture of it. It definitely sounded 100% like Laibach, but they've once again done what they do best and completely recreated their sound like they've done so many times. Hope to hear some more opinions on it once other people here get to catch it live!

I'd also dig Das Spiel ist aus more than Tanz mit Laibach. I just can't get over how menacing the last chorus with the male choirs in the live version (and the alternative version found on the DSIA single) is :allears:

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 29, 2012

Das Ende
Nov 21, 2005
YOU MAY HAVE TROUBLE REACHING DAS ENDE OF MY POSTS
:words:

It appears that it wasn't a Laibach original after all - it was apparently a cover of Serge Gainsbourg's song Love on the Beat instead. The direction... Hmm. Imagine the kind of synth sounds and programming heard in Ballad of a Thin Man and add in just a touch of the Laibach Revisited sound we've already heard live, and I'd say you have a pretty good picture of it. It definitely sounded 100% like Laibach, but they've once again done what they do best and completely recreated their sound like they've done so many times. Hope to hear some more opinions on it once other people here get to catch it live!

I'd also dig Das Spiel ist aus more than Tanz mit Laibach. I just can't get over how menacing the last chorus with the male choirs in the live version (and the alternative version found on the DSIA single) is :allears:

Hm, okay... Well, between that, Ballad of a Thin Man, and Warm Leatherette, maybe they're going cover-heavy on the new album? Ivan Novak told me they were doing a proper new album in January last year (I don't know him, I'm just an annoying nerd fan that bothered him at the bar for a few minutes), so they must be getting somewhere with that by now, surely.

DSIA should be done at every show. It's got the beats, but also the dissonant orchestral bits, and again, each performance is very different. Though the live version on the single is still my favorite. But some aspects have only got better ever since Milan decided before the Volk tour to start acting a bit like a rock star....

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

The Cleaner posted:

Never heard any of your stuff before, so your older Retrogenesis album was an instant purchase for me as well. Definitely quality music.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
From one of the Alfa Matrix samplers I got in the mail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOXN_3MQVQ

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

boo_radley posted:

Enormously jealous. :(

Hey! KMFDM is doing a thing:

http://www.kmfdmstore.com/
"The KMFDM Store will be closing for remodeling at the end of March. For one week only EVERY item in the Store is on SALE plus many rare, limited, or sold out items will be purged from the KMFDM Vault. If there is anything you've been wanting, now is the time to get it! All orders will receive free posters, stickers, postcards, etc. Watch for the Store to return sometime in April with a new look, new items and preorders for KMFDM's forthcoming Amnesia CD!"

Siiiiick, too bad theres only 1 LP on vinyl though. But the prices were right so I grabbed some singles too.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Faderhead is playing here tonight. I was interested because I like their opener, Encephalon, a lot. But man, Dirtygrrrls/Dirtybois is like combining everything wrong with pop music into wannabe EBM.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

teethgrinder posted:

Faderhead is playing here tonight. I was interested because I like their opener, Encephalon, a lot. But man, Dirtygrrrls/Dirtybois is like combining everything wrong with pop music into wannabe EBM.

Yeah. If Faderhead was the only one doing it too, it wouldn't be so bad, but the various acts doing that WOOHOO SONG ABOUT SEX AND/OR DRUGS DOOF DOOF DOOF thing gets kinda tired kinda fast if you're not, well, 16.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Yeah. If Faderhead was the only one doing it too, it wouldn't be so bad, but the various acts doing that WOOHOO SONG ABOUT SEX AND/OR DRUGS DOOF DOOF DOOF thing gets kinda tired kinda fast if you're not, well, 16.

I thought something like that when I heard the Alien Vampires track on the AM sampler :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dSRQRoJqnk

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

boo_radley posted:

I thought something like that when I heard the Alien Vampires track on the AM sampler :

Things like this actually make me think "I hate this genre".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

boo_radley posted:

I'm going to pretend you photoshopped that ridiculous picture to prove a point. Because really

I love love a lot of electro-industrial, but the drive to be edgy is just so embarassing sometimes.