Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't dare go into that thread with this name/av combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Man Posting posted:

I don't dare go into that thread with this name/av combo.

Probably a good idea.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I don't know why everything has to be so contentious. :( I like both sides! Here is nice to post about how much I hate what was done to the books, and there is nice to post about how much I like what they've done with the show. Can't we all be friends?

:smith:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I considered working a very subtle spoiler into my new avatar, but felt it was amusing enough as is. Not that I'd post in that thread anyway. I still haven't even seen the first season! :v:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sophia posted:

I don't know why everything has to be so contentious. :( I like both sides! Here is nice to post about how much I hate what was done to the books, and there is nice to post about how much I like what they've done with the show. Can't we all be friends?

We literally got sniped on site whenever someone with a WILD CARDS gang tag went into the TVIV thread last year.

Some people thought it was still worth it to spoil things.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Who the hell is so lazy they couldn't read 1 lovely book in the 10 months it's been between episodes?

It's like people lamenting the wait for The Girl Who Farted on Dragons or the Hunger Games sequels.

Just shut up and read the crappy trash fiction, you heathens.

:argh:

How much TVIV sucks: fans of Twilight didn't wait a year to find out the next part of the story from a movie/show. They read the books.

Twilight fans are smarter and more cultured than TVIV.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Dead Man Posting posted:

We literally got sniped on site whenever someone with a WILD CARDS gang tag went into the TVIV thread last year.

Some people thought it was still worth it to spoil things.

Well, yeah, that's sort of it. I guess I don't understand the appeal of going into another thread just to spoil people. I don't disagree that there are uh, oversensitive people when it comes to what constitutes being spoiled and I don't think they help matters either, but sometimes people would do it for sport to people who just want to watch a (pretty good) TV show. It doesn't make sense to me why both sides can't leave each other alone to do what they do. Why must there be this war? :(

Maybe GRRM has been foreshadowing the fight between internet threads about his books through his books. He's more of a wizard than I realized.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nah we aren't going to war or anything about this, we just can't post in those threads without being probated/banned is all.

Didn't they make a spoiler thread in TVIV last year? I thought they had two threads like the book barn does. You should be able to talk about the show in that thread when it's up (probably won't be made until the day of the premiere)

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Eventually the threads will be united in hatred of the GRRM. We will defend against him behind the great paywall $10 high. Meanwhile, he will far away doing nothing of significance to the story. My god, you're right, he really did predict everything!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Eventually the threads will be united in hatred of the GRRM. We will defend against him behind the great paywall $10 high. Meanwhile, he will far away doing nothing of significance to the story. My god, you're right, he really did predict everything!

GRRM: the pasty white walker.

He will blow The Horn of Lowtax and tear down our paywall and then he will march south to Goons with Spoons to trade lemoncakes recipes, and post about the Giants in SAS.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

bigmcgaffney posted:

(this is the cue to reply with posts that contain all grrms favorite buzzwords for at least a page)

sup

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

nuncle jimbo posted:

sup
Neeps, nipples and nuncles

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

My god, you're right, he really did predict everything!

GRRM is a psychohistorian and has set in motion plans to save humanity via the Foundations?

poo poo just got real, boys.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sophia posted:

We, as in the active posters in The Bad Thread, never actually did anything to the season 1 thread, but we got all the blame for it. Our thread got shut down, several of us put on month long probations, and yet the TVIV thread was still a hellhole.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Sophia posted:

Well, yeah, that's sort of it. I guess I don't understand the appeal of going into another thread just to spoil people. I don't disagree that there are uh, oversensitive people when it comes to what constitutes being spoiled and I don't think they help matters either, but sometimes people would do it for sport to people who just want to watch a (pretty good) TV show. It doesn't make sense to me why both sides can't leave each other alone to do what they do. Why must there be this war? :(

Last season a bunch of Bad Thread posters made JOKES about ruining the show for the TVIV dweebs, and it was funny. Then some idiots who apparently lurked this thread or maybe just had similar ideas or something started actually trolling that thread, and all the Wildcards said "knock it the gently caress off dumb poo poo" but instead half of them got probated and the thread got closed two or three times. Also some TVIV people came into the Bad Thread to whine about people posting spoilers in their thread and then were SHOCKED I SAY when the Bad Thread was Bad. Which somehow also caused probation and poo poo even though this is a yes-spoilers thread and they went out of their way to click on it.

It was all pretty lovely.

Unrelated note, today's Cyanide and Happiness name drops Song of Icy Hot and also that Hunger Games thing you people were talking about.

~made me think of you~ :razz:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Unrelated note, today's Cyanide and Happiness name drops Song of Icy Hot and also that Hunger Games thing you people were talking about.

~made me think of you~ :razz:

The guy on the left made me think of ~my Daario~ :razz:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I think Fog Tripper was the only real wildcard who hosed with the tviv thread. I know there was like, one guy and a few others who had tags but aren't bad thread regulars.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Ughhh the symbols are not on their capes in 魔法戦隊マジレンジャー(Mahou Sentai Magiranger, for you baka gaijin), further proof that Disney has no respect for true tokusatsu fans.
I want one of those spiffy flying motorcycles. I'd nickname it Drogon and pretend I'm Dany.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TVIV thread posted:

• Please do not post spoilers either explicitly, under tags, disguised as speculation or as questions leading non-readers down paths of speculation.
  • If you are not sure whether what you're about to post is a spoiler or not, err on the side of caution. Remember, you don't get to decide what is and isn't a spoiler.
  • Please do not use spoiler tags. If what you want post needs a tag, it doesn't belong in this thread.
  • If spoilers are posted, the thread will be closed until they have been removed.
  • Unless I hear otherwise, the no book talk rule remains in effect. If you want to sperg about adaptation changes, there is an entire internet where you can do so. Try the Westeros forums, they love that poo poo!
  • If your SA name is not Rarity, Sophia or EvilMoJoJoJo, please don't report posts. Instead, PM one of us three to take care of it. Hopefully this way we can avoid burying Aatrek in an avalanche of identical reports and he'll like us more
  • If you see a post containing spoilers/book talk, please don't post in response to it. You're just making things worse. Just PM and move on.
  • If someone posts spoilers shortly after one of your posts, please be considerate and edit in a warning for newbies to leave the thread.
  • Please do not post circlejerky in-jokes from the Bad Thread
  • All of these things can be summed up quite simply: please use some common sense.

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's move to the good stuff.

Just to warn you guys, I decided that every time Rarity closes her TVIV thread, I'll close this one.

My goal isn't necessarily to discourage spoiling that thread, but to point out how useless closing a thread is.

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 24, 2012

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Bad Thread has no masters.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
No GRRMs, No Masters

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Dead Man Posting posted:

No GRRMs, No Masters

Only Wild Cards.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I don't think Fog Tripper was trolling, he just really hated the show.

My favorite parts of season one were Bambi drama and Green_Buccanneer denying the Renly Is Gay subtext.

Edit: oh and Sophia is there going to be a spoiler thread? I hope not because I'll end up reading it every week and all it ends up being is complaints, while the regular thread has all the newbie wide eyed wonder HOLKY gently caress going on and is much better.

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 24, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Joramun posted:

I want one of those spiffy flying motorcycles. I'd nickname it Drogon and pretend I'm Dany.

Oh no, my friend. You definitely want to be MagiRed himself. When all four of his siblings combine, they turn into a giant dragon which he then rides.

Magiranger was hosed up.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh no, my friend. You definitely want to be MagiRed himself. When all four of his siblings combine, they turn into a giant dragon which he then rides.

Magiranger was hosed up.
I wanna be the blue one because she turns into MagiMermaido :3:

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...

Dead Man Posting posted:

Didn't they make a spoiler thread in TVIV last year? I thought they had two threads like the book barn does. You should be able to talk about the show in that thread when it's up (probably won't be made until the day of the premiere)

Yeah, there is a TVIV spoiler thread.

We're one thread away from the War of Five Threads.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Mediant posted:

Yeah, there is a TVIV spoiler thread.

Too bad our PHIZ thread was closed in all of two hours. Does the graphic novel of GOT written by Daniel Abraham have a thread?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

There could conceivably be a thread for that utterly abysmal game that came out a few months ago. If there is I'm sure it's dead though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Traditional Games begs for a circlejerk of the most powerful card in the deck

Daario~ :iamafag:~

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Quick, someone revive the Dark Heresy thread Qyburn-style!

zocio
Nov 3, 2011

Mediant posted:

The common goons keep refering to this conflict as The War of Five Threads, but the ASOIAF in entertainment weakly thread was dead before The Bad Thread rose in rebellion.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Traditional Games begs for a circlejerk of the most powerful card in the deck

Valparaiso Mohgulis. I had everything set for a steamroller victory in like two more turns. Then BAM every loving good Lanister dead with one plot card.

e: auto correct did a weird thing apparently

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Elentor posted:

Fantastic OP, very well done.

(A bit lacking on Dragons, though)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

get used to it. :colbert:

So, is Rarity Dr Thodt or Bambi?

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 24, 2012

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Last season a bunch of Bad Thread posters made JOKES about ruining the show for the TVIV dweebs, and it was funny. Then some idiots who apparently lurked this thread or maybe just had similar ideas or something started actually trolling that thread, and all the Wildcards said "knock it the gently caress off dumb poo poo" but instead half of them got probated and the thread got closed two or three times. Also some TVIV people came into the Bad Thread to whine about people posting spoilers in their thread and then were SHOCKED I SAY when the Bad Thread was Bad. Which somehow also caused probation and poo poo even though this is a yes-spoilers thread and they went out of their way to click on it.

I got smacked for this

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Fog Tripper posted:

I got smacked for this
I guess they assumed you were trying to lure people to the bad thread in order for them to get spoiled.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Fog Tripper posted:

Neither. I think her and Sophia probably mean well, but Rarity is no Wild Card and Sophia doesn't seem to realize what happened last time that stupid show was on. The Wild Cards were nearly wiped out. But we rose again, better, stronger, and glistening even more wetly than ever!

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

Fog Tripper posted:

Rarity is a nice person and has been around for awhile and can't possibly be either of those two because neither of them would ever be watching Pretty Little Liars religiously like we do.

I like you Wild Cards, though I don't think I have the stones to be one of you, and I haven't ever reported anyone for anything in any of these crazy threads. I probably never will. But as a long-time ASOIAF book hater (still have not managed to make it through the entire series without giving up in disgust) I'm just hoping that people can have a nice time with a TV show that I actually liked. We are good-intentioned, I promise. :)

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"Them Wild Cards...gotta have the stones to be one."
-George R. R. Martin Busted Flush (2008)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

bigmcgaffney posted:

I don't think Fog Tripper was trolling, he just really hated the show.

My favorite parts of season one were Bambi drama and Green_Buccanneer denying the Renly Is Gay subtext.

Renly isn't gay and I don't want to hear anyone say otherwise. :colbert: I was with him all last night as he sobbed on my shoulder about people like you.