Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

invision posted:

Oh come on

Look closer/try harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
My motorcycle IS my girlfriend
:goonsay:

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
All those bieks have engines in them!

I took that a day or two ago, but what the hell.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Z3n posted:

:siren: With the most attractive member of the opposite sex you can find, SOs and partners don't count! :siren:

Sneaky bastard.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Well this thread just got killed. Were goons damnit! I will try to get my cute coworker to take a pic with my bike.
Edit: I failed, she was too shy.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 24, 2012

Ghost Cactus
Dec 25, 2006
This was awkward. There was a group of guys, so I asked if they'd be there long enough for me to go get my bike. They said sure, and then I explained that it was for the internet! I got back, parked, and right before I took the picture the guy said, "this is weird..." Ha, yes sir, yes it is.

For the next challenge, please post a picture of :siren: your bike next to an amusement park or fairground. :siren:

Ghost Cactus fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 24, 2012

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Beaten a million times, but somebody said "disassembled bonus points" and well...

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Our cummerbunds can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

Ghost Cactus posted:

your bike next to an amusement park or fairground

The fairground itself is just an empty field behind the green building, not much to look at, so here's the sign:

Simon says show me :siren: your bike at a scenic overlook. :siren: It doesn't have to be an official one, anyplace up high with a nice view would be fine.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

High mountain, I grabbed the best spot last night. Right past the bike is a 350 ft. drop to the road.

:siren:Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do!:siren:

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

I'm gonna get a picture going the speed limit. BRB.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bow TIE Fighter posted:

The fairground itself is just an empty field behind the green building, not much to look at, so here's the sign:

Simon says show me :siren: your bike at a scenic overlook. :siren: It doesn't have to be an official one, anyplace up high with a nice view would be fine.

godamnit, i should have posted this in this thread earlier instead of the pics and vids one

Lord_ExDeath
Nov 21, 2005

That's how it's done...

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

High mountain, I grabbed the best spot last night. Right past the bike is a 350 ft. drop to the road.

It's time to go wheelie the SV650.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Someone please complete this challenge so I don't have to commute on the CRF

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do!

:siren:Your bike at sunset, with the sun behind it:siren:

Make it look like a god!

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010

Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do!:siren:

Beaten, but screw it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sorry supermoto guys :shobon:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Nitramster posted:

Your bike doing something it wasn't designed to do!

Make it look like a god!

Taken from my backyard:

:siren:Your bike with the most ridiculous animal you can find:siren:

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Nitramster posted:

Well poo poo, I lose. I took this yesterday on my first trip out on my bike:

Not quite sunset and broken timing rules, but I figured I'd post it anyways

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Sorry supermoto guys :shobon:

I was trying to come up with sonething here yesterday but was really struggling. Maybe long distance touring?

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Aargh posted:

I was trying to come up with sonething here yesterday but was really struggling. Maybe long distance touring?

Riding below the speed limit (with both wheels in alignment and on the ground)

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Riding below the speed limit (with both wheels in alignment and on the ground)

That's what I was thinking.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

brb gonna crash into a platypus

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

brb gonna crash into a platypus

I'll just head up to cairns and find me a cassowary

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Aargh posted:

I'll just head up to cairns and find me a cassowary

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Cycle Asylum > The Bike Gear Thread - What's the best gear to stop being kicked to death?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Z3n posted:

Taken from my backyard:

What do you have in mind here because personally, any animal that I think is even close to "ridiculous" is not one I'd come across on a bike.

Goon/misogynist answer is revert to the "take a pic with a member of the opposite sex" challenge.

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

nsaP posted:

Goon/misogynist answer is revert to the "take a pic with a member of the opposite sex" challenge.

This has the highest entertainment potential.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

nsaP posted:

What do you have in mind here because personally, any animal that I think is even close to "ridiculous" is not one I'd come across on a bike.

I saw a guy walking a standard poodle that had a full body mohawk yesterday, and almost stopped to get a picture with that. If I see him again today, maybe.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

^^^^ stuff like this! ^^^^

nsaP posted:

It's a good challenge if you have to think about it or go ride your bike somewhere to get the job done. :colbert:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I think we just have different definitions of ridiculous. Also game flow.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance posted:

I saw a guy walking a standard poodle that had a full body mohawk yesterday, and almost stopped to get a picture with that. If I see him again today, maybe.

Do this!

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Well, I am a "bear" :gay: (or some sort of otter, or cub, it's all quite vague...) so does this count? (Warning: topless hairy dude.)

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Yes, please, pic another topic.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bow TIE Fighter posted:

Well, I am a "bear" :gay: (or some sort of otter, or cub, it's all quite vague...) so does this count? (Warning: topless hairy dude.)

Nicely done. What's next?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Bow TIE Fighter posted:

Aww, and I went through the trouble of talking to a stranger for this!

(Sweet KLR, bee tee doubleyou)

Edit: My bike is the same color as the city garbage cans. Not sure how I feel about this.

Bow TIE Fighter
Sep 16, 2007

Oh, uh, I was half joking, but OK.

Let's see :siren: a memorial for a war, battle, veterans, etc.:siren:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Bow TIE Fighter posted:

Oh, uh, I was half joking, but OK.

Let's see :siren: a memorial for a war, battle, veterans, etc.:siren:

New challenge when I get home.

Lesse... :siren:A bird's eye view of your bike!:siren:

Find a tall building! Climb a tree! Rent a hang glider! Show us what the sparrows see when you thunder underneath!

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 28, 2012

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Here's an oldie for whoever wanted to see more wr.

Airfield:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Safety Dance posted:

Nice challenge, I'll get this after work if no one else does.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Safety Dance posted:

Oh, man, this was made for me. This from the deck at work, looking down from the 4th floor:

Bonus view, lensflare, and inspiration for the next challenge:

:siren: your ride and a major sporting event location (pro preferred) :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
Sanchezz, one of these days we should double tag one of these challenges and really blow this thread up. Forum, Dodger Stadium, Staples Center, or the Rose bowl would make great 2fer options for this one. I have to work till saturday, then it's going to rain though :(

• Locked thread