Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I can admire anything that's had a lot of talented work put into it, regardless of the ultimate effect. Like I said earlier -- that's not a bike I would choose to own, but clearly whoever made it put a lot of love into it (or paid someone else to do so).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Here guys I decided to be a big mouth prick so here you go, a little tour of most of my gear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XGmNXwBUaI&feature=youtu.be

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

Sagebrush posted:

I can admire anything that's had a lot of talented work put into it, regardless of the ultimate effect. Like I said earlier -- that's not a bike I would choose to own, but clearly whoever made it put a lot of love into it (or paid someone else to do so).

I don't see the talented work... I'm too busy staring at the derp de derp. :v:

I went to a few motorcycle shops to buy a new helmet. My son (and the salesman) tried to talk me into a 2010 R1. I almost bought it...

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho
I've never seen a bike I wouldn't ride. Hell I've never seen a vehicle I wouldn't drive/ride/fly. My only issue is I'm not into bling AT ALL on my stuff. All my poo poo is matte black because I ride/drive like a jackass and wreck most everything I own.

For content, my beat to hell Matte black truck and my black Durz covered in mud!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Boru posted:

I really wanna commute so I guess I'm in the clear. I bicycle it up when work is only 10 miles away, but I can't take my Bianchi on a highway.

As for CT stereotypes it's sad but true. Once, after lurking CA, I drove home and decided to play "count the bikers." On my 30 minute highway commute there were sixteen. Fourteen were on chromed out cruisers with NO safety gear (read: short sleeve 'mechanic/union' emblazoned shirts with work boots and sun glasses), there was one cruiser rider with a half helmet, and one sport biker with a full face helmet, a thermal, and jeans. :sigh:

What are your thoughts on "cafe" style Guzzis?

I loving love them, they look fantastic. My dream bike is a V7 Racer, but they're like £7k+ (and I'd have nowhere to park it).

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Ponies ate my Bagel posted:

For content, my beat to hell Matte black truck and my black Durz covered in mud!

Whoa...California knows how to party. But you have a fresh audience here that has never heard a single word about your lovely old salvage R1...

----

Heyyy...I know that dude

Marv Hushman fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 25, 2012

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Marv Hushman posted:

Whoa...California knows how to party. But you have a fresh audience here that has never heard a single word about your lovely old salvage R1...

----

Heyyy...I know that dude

You can compare me to Spicoli any day, I consider that a compliment bra.

The R1 was the inspiration for my matte black love, I can't stand to see something I've poured that much time and energy into get shredded like that. I've got about 12 wrecks under my belt off the track now and paint is expensive.

*note: not all wrecks were on bikes, or on land...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

*note: not all wrecks were on bikes, or on land...

I think I read about that pennyfarthing that crashed on the ocean. Didnt know that was you.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I think I read about that pennyfarthing that crashed on the ocean. Didnt know that was you.

Mine was on a river and involved jet ski's...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Boru posted:

I really wanna commute so I guess I'm in the clear. I bicycle it up when work is only 10 miles away, but I can't take my Bianchi on a highway.

As for CT stereotypes it's sad but true. Once, after lurking CA, I drove home and decided to play "count the bikers." On my 30 minute highway commute there were sixteen. Fourteen were on chromed out cruisers with NO safety gear (read: short sleeve 'mechanic/union' emblazoned shirts with work boots and sun glasses), there was one cruiser rider with a half helmet, and one sport biker with a full face helmet, a thermal, and jeans. :sigh:

What are your thoughts on "cafe" style Guzzis?

they're the best Guzzi; it's what they were meant to be.

ReggieCelsius posted:

In any case, Japanese and Italian bikes are better.

hehe, tell that to my fried who just melted his Ducati's wiring harness. Apparently they don't like rain, none of the connections are sealed, everything is crimped and unprotected and there's no harness loom or wrap. Well, unless you consider glass tape that is wrapped in 1" spirals "protection"

That's just the latest in a string of unfortunateItalian events that has kept his bike off the road for some time now.

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 25, 2012

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

You can compare me to Spicoli any day, I consider that a compliment bra.

Wasn't, sorry...I really do know that dude :)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Spotted this bad boy this morning:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Just going over some texas motorcycle laws and passenger minimum age is 5 years old, yet you have to be over 18 years old to ride in the bed of a truck...
:nms:Seems like a bad idea, much like this.
http://i.imgur.com/6jWAa.gif

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Feeling pretty good about the amount of motorcycle paraphernalia in my living room.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
It's pretty normal to end up with a stack of motorcycle clothing, isn't it? So far I've got my Triumph jacket, my cruiser jacket, my perforated jacket for summer, my "adventure" jacket, leather pants, textile riding pants, textile riding pants for the "adventure" jacket, my good helmet, my old helmet, my brother's old helmet, my cheapy "cafe racer" helmet....

I need to start slimming down my collection I think.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I only have a textile jacket, rain pants, gloves, boots and a helmet. :v:

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Marv Hushman posted:

Wasn't, sorry...I really do know that dude :)
Marv was referring to the handsome little guy in the photo which just so happens to be my son.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Really digging this. Looks like it's been done by someone who values the ride more than all out aesthetic (good tyres, brakes, front end), but it has some nice styling too. Needs a nice pair of Ohlins on the back to finish it though, those old rear shocks can't be doing it any favours.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Digging this hard. Would finish it off with a rad but understated tank logo of some kind and as ReelBigLizard said, some gold in the back as well. Idiot question: where's the battery?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
Probably running a CDI and a cap. The headlight attachments are scary though.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
What kind of bike is that?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A new Triumph Bonneville. Probably repainted the tank after the crash that scraped the exhaust and case.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

I think Marv was trying to break some stereotypes here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k292MiKZUY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

TheFonz posted:

The headlight attachments are scary though.

Why? Looks like standard aftermarket brackets to me.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Ziploc posted:

Why? Looks like standard aftermarket brackets to me.

The hose clamps?

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.

darkhand posted:

Just going over some texas motorcycle laws and passenger minimum age is 5 years old, yet you have to be over 18 years old to ride in the bed of a truck...
:nms:Seems like a bad idea, much like this.
http://i.imgur.com/6jWAa.gif

What makes this video hilarious is the casual way he walks over at the end. It's not NMS by the way.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

front wing flexing posted:

The hose clamps?

Sheeeit. I didn't notice that at all. I stand by the brackets though.

Contributing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8EkIUzCg8

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Ziploc posted:

Contributing:

HOOOOOOOOOOLY SSSSHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT...

No but seriously that freaks the hell out of me. Imagine if she ran just that much faster...

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

HOOOOOOOOOOLY SSSSHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTT...

No but seriously that freaks the hell out of me. Imagine if she ran just that much faster...

Wouldn't be hard to imagine. She'd be dead, he'd be injured and possibly face some charges.

They're both retards. Her for jayrunning, him for doing 70 kph on busy streets.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ziploc posted:

Contributing:

When a car is stopped in the middle of an intersection like that you should always be slowing to check for what they stopped for. They might be making a left, there might be something in the road, they might be lost and about to cut into your lane.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Z3n posted:

When a car is stopped in the middle of an intersection like that you should always be slowing to check for what they stopped for. They might be making a left, there might be something in the road, they might be lost and about to cut into your lane.

I never understood the appeal of being a stoplight racer. People are so unpredictable in general, a city just adds more variables and chances for destruction. Adding speed to the mix is a perfect recipe for disaster and not to mention what's the point of having a bitchin bike if you can't cruise and enjoy the stares...

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Ziploc posted:

Contributing:

I might very well be alone here, but I place 100% blame on the guy riding the bike. The situation was obvious long before it became critical.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

ReggieCelsius posted:

but for me personally an overpriced, technologically inferior, unreliable and heavy show pony is at the bottom of the list. Oh I suppose they look nice and get a lot of attention if that is what you are chasing in a motorcycle.

In any case, Japanese and Italian bikes are better.

Nobody cares about your stupid opinion. If you don't like Harleys / cruisers, ignore them or post somewhere else.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Came across this on the advrider front page. Inspiring.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

Ola posted:

Came across this on the advrider front page. Inspiring.

The beard will protect him.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ziploc posted:

Contributing:

Must have been a sale across the street that was to die for.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Not a pedestrian but I had a harley chick pull out in front of me out of nowhere one time, wish I would have had a go pro, would have been something like...

Read from the bottom up, fartknockers.

I forgot to put in the part where I poo poo my pants.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Silver posted:

Not a pedestrian but I had a harley chick pull out in front of me out of nowhere one time, wish I would have had a go pro, would have been something like...

This is the best. Especially having the reflexes to avoid becoming Knievel over Snake River, sans parachute.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Silver posted:

You get an A for effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008

Ziploc posted:

Contributing:

Riding far too quickly for the conditions (and his extra lovely reaction speed). Blind spot mirrors are total bullshit too, blocks half of his usual mirror vision.

_Dav fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 26, 2012