Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gunge
Aug 20, 2011

xXlpffrtlXx posted:

Well it does tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

The Gunge posted:

Well it does tbf

As much as I like it, the Belgian league isn't one of my top destinations for "proper football"

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Dominate every game...

What a lot of whoppers don't seem to get into those tiny, Sky-infested brains of theirs, is the fact that we dominated all and sundry this season- everyone, except Spurs, Bolton and City away(which we won anyways)- 2 of those games we were not ready for- either physically(Spurs away) or tactically(Bolton- their midfield overran ours that evening). We matched those arseholes up in Salford and they shat themselves at ours!

Another thing- we have the 2nd-best defensive record in the league, extremely attacking stats- among the best 2/3; lots of draws, which were games we went in to win(we didn't go in there to control the game or not to lose- PROGRESS!), but for our one problem- GOALS. Prior to mid-Feb, we had 4 losses!(add 1/2 v. good more players and that problem goes away). We fekkin beat City away! Steam-rolled Chelsea away with a squad resembling our reserves!

That is the form of potential champions- even the blind can see that. It's as clear as a pole above water. Clear as day, which tells you something about them c*nts(Sorry, I won't hold back- it's time I speak up and let fly! gently caress this respect for others viewpoint- they have absolutely no regard for mine). If you were born blind, went deaf somewhere along this pitiful existence, had a bad case of tooth-decay, lost a leg, supported United and could reason for poo poo, you'd be able to put 2 and 2 together and would've come up with 4, but obviously that sort of intelligence is somewhat beyond some of us.

We dominated in Cup games, in league games, in away games, at home- and even with Lucas out, we maintained form. If we had scored one more goal in all those draws, we would've been in the hunt for the title. Yeah- the same whoppers will try to derail from the possibility by throwing in things such as "if my aunt had balls" etc.. not realizing- or rather refusing to realize/admit- that we're talking about possibilities, the future and how far we've come since Rafa's last season and Roy, here.

An attacking team with such a high amount of draws and who dominate all opposition - whether it be rivals involved in Europe or away games and who win trophies, are in the ascendancy.
This season, our form resembled that of Spurs last season. Not that their a benchmark- we can just look at our own, but I'm using them since they're not traditionally a top-4 placed team. Who did they add?

'Zaccerly! Ade-bye-bye!

I feel great about us under Kenny. The best thing that could've happened to us- and that I dreamt about during Hicks/Gillett(you can read my history) has happened to us: We've got responsible owners(I asked not for a sugar-daddy/oligarch type, but responsible, reasonably well-off, sober owners), we've got the man back at the helm who can deliver the title- and he's well on the way- we're playing high-tempo, passing, attacking football(perfect for the league), coupled with excellent pressing(perfect for Europe and our cup run shows we can go far when we get back in)- that's vintage Kenny, we've got consensus at all layers, we're debt-free etc..

We just need a player in the mold of Yossi/Luis G and/or a striker and we'll be either in pole position or hot on their heels. If we had one of those this season, we'd be right in the thick of challenging for the League. Imagine- being a player or 2 away from bloody City!

Another positive, we seem to have totally turned the tables when it comes to managing injuries and injury-prone players. Our squad is healthy and heals fast- perfect for the grueling length of the league. It's March and we are able to compete in Cups and still win mid-week and again on Saturday/Sunday.

And for all the poo poo that our players had to endure- they still helped us dominate games: Adam, Henderson, Downing- guys who don't really need to score a lot. The only reason we are fuming, is because we didn't win, and then we turn on these poor bastards! They've done sterling! Carrol is not the immediate success we thought, but hey- you can't win 'em all! Sometimes things don't work out and maybe we need to grow up and realise that. There is no Easter Bunny, there was no Golden Age, no Alice In Wonderland, men cheat- but who do you think they do it with? Dogs? The boy from Andromeda? The jovial hermit in the kinky suite? No- with other WOMEN(who themselves are cheaters then!); and yes Dorothy, we're not in Kansas anymore!

Nah- Fukk 'em! They're whoppers and some are WUMs! I suspect some of these may be blue, the rest may just be addicted to pain or have a fearful nature or something- I dunno and I don't care.
The Future's Bright. The Future's Red. It's not Shite and neither is it Sad!

I've had it with these trolls, I'm going to fuckup something or someone, now!

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

quote:

after the first game everybody knew what is lyin ahead for liverpool with liverpool in charge... i dont blame Damien as i think this arrogant old man, who i dont even wanna take the name of, didnt give him any freedom in buyin and damien will surely not buy all british as his record shows... i have stopped watching liverpool play now and will not till this old man will be in charge of liverpool... i feel laboured and sad after each performance and his tactics and excuses make me sick... even a ten year old boy thinks better then this man.. hope he is not demented and delusional.. god knows where we will be if this guy carry us and the most important thing is he never accept his mistakes... king ? i will never ever accept it.... never.. not for me

quote:

YOU ARE NOT A LIVERPOOL FAN END OF, WHATEVER YOU THINK,SAY OR CONTRIBUTE FROM HERE; IMO YOU ARE ARE NOT A TRUE FAN OF LIVERPOOL!!! Dalglish as you so called say and will not name is the king as he has provided liverpool with glory as a player and manager. he is still the last person to win the league with us and only come back because of fan hysteria and that FSG thought that if they did not sign him anfield would burn. YNWA is a saying, we sing it when we win but it is more important to sing it when we are down, it signifies the fact YNWA. You are a hypocrite; you like everyone else wanted wanted KK and dont lie, but today your content to slag him. KK come back at a troubled time, i agree the league form could be better and he may not be the man to take us to where we want to be, but i will never ever disrespect this man as he has given more to lfc in one minute than you would ever in your lifetime. its one thing saying 'i dont think it is the right choice' but not even aknowledging him is beyond redemtion. you are a disgrace to the club. KK = king because as a player and manager he was absolutely awsome. the only reason he come back was because we wanted him, he could of stayed an ambassador loved by all. we are the sole reason for his demise, but even if he does leve he will still be the king as he answered all our calls at the time.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
MAYBE THE PLAYERS ARE SCARED BECAUSE OF FANS LIKE YOU SLATING THEM 24.7

WHEN WE HAD RAFA YOU SLATED HIM
WHEN WE HAD ROY YOU SLATED HIM
NOW WE HAVE KENNY YOUR SLATING HIM

Realism - is always good, but stupidity isn't.

Fact - Jan 2011 we were a total laughing stock, and were potentially going to finish outside of the top 10.

March 2012, we still can potentially finish outside of the top 10, but because of shocking performances in matches that don't matter at all.

Kenny has come in and brought poo poo like Downing, because before Kenny came, players viewed us as relegation candidates.
Mata etc.. won't come to us, we need to break the top 4.

How the hell is appointing Rafa going to do that? The guy that after spending 300 million after winning the FA and being second in the league ended up finishing us off in 5th and isolating so many players

Its hard when one has to work with donkeys at a horse race.The rubbish purchased by Messrs Comolli are thorough-bread Elephant manure.Kenny is honest enough to understand that when he F'S UP he needs to step down.Stanley and Paisley are restless in the after-Life..maybe securing the services of " Jonny Hex" will provide us with answers as to how we can play like true champions.
Seriously, If you want to see the direction LFC is going look at the football pages and see who they "Think" we will buy - The lowest of the low...poo poo players that cant even hold a place in there current teams.
KK needs to assess : 1) What's important for LFC currently.
2) The players must show commitment to the LFC Brand and History.
3) Stop doing post match interviews and telling us that it was "Luck" and that LFC is unlucky (KK i will ignore everything you say,should this happen)
Finally, I bleed RED..SINCE 1970'S - I had a reason to watch my team now i am trying to perform rituals for them to win..with my family looking at me as if i am a nutter..
FIX - CHANGE - OR LEAVE - KK You decide.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
tbf if you don't have any matchday rituals you're probably not a Real Fan

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

tbf if you don't have any matchday rituals you're probably not a Real Fan

whats yours?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

euroboy posted:

whats yours?

When I go to Elland Road I stop at the same pub and go the same route to the ground, buy a burger from the same burger van and a programme from the same programme stand. I've done it for so long now it actually makes me uncomfortable to do it differently

When I don't go to the match I just do my pre-match prayers facing in the direction of the Billy Bremner statue. Anything else would be tempting fate

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

my pre match ritual is trying to convince myself to walk before deciding it'll best to go in the car in case it rains or i get too healthy.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
i make coffee and start computer and have a good luck morning wank

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
me too appledan. i guess i would tell you "you'll never wank alone" if you were red like me

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
My son was physically sick when I told him the result today.

This is no exaggeration he actually vomited. He feels ill at the thought of losing to Wigan.

Having listened to it on the radio it is clear we were the better team. We need to convert just one or two chances into goals. The balance is right. Its just the luck and results which are alluding us.

If we had played badly I could have accepted defeat to Wigan with dignity. But playing reasonably well as we appeared to do and it really is literally sickening.

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

quote:

Kenny's got us a cup this season, and in the semi of another.

Hodgson as near as had us in the relegation zone.

There is no comparison.

quote:

I'm feeling ashamed to type in the main forum at the moment, I've tried not to rise to the dross. Just for the reason that I shouldn't have to start to defend Kenny, I don't have to. He's not even had 18 months, he's already won a cup, semi final of the FA cup, got the team playing some good attacking football along the way. Managed to build a team that can play football and dominate the best sides in the league home and away-and with a transitional side.

We're just missing a finisher and some belief.

I'm honestly starting to think that half of the people who come on here don't even watch us play (Even on streams/ sopcast)- It's not blind faith, its loving progress and patience.

quote:

I feel the same. He has to be given another season.

luvd fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 25, 2012

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Ireland again was the best player on the pitch. and I got slated for comparing him to zidane

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Quanta posted:

Ireland again was the best player on the pitch. and I got slated for comparing him to zidane

:catstare:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

quote:

As I say, they just become a creditor. But they will take Rangers to court for a lllooonnngg time. This is time Rangers dont have, on the face of it, but dont WANT!!!...Endgame is the administrators game here.

BUT..It is now been seen through. Their plan is up the pole so to speak.
They say they have interest, but they have to keep the spin positive.

Ask yourself. Would you buy into Rangers FC. With years of court cases to come, and utter uncertainty about their financial future? Again for years to come?

Liquadation is what they want. I dont think they will get it.
So...Shyt Rangers for a LLLOOOONNNG LONG TIME!!

We will rule Scottish football for a few years, Rangers will come back, as did other big sides in Europe who have been done for this. IE: A french side and an Italian side.

quote:

If Carling could do " How to lose a League Title",
that would be the ULTIMATE!!!!!!!!!

CLASS

GRACE

PRIDE

end of.

PS and of course

VICTORY

outstanding.

quote:

When is someone in the mhedia going to tell lennon where to get off. According to him he was advised not to watch the second half in the stand so he's saying that sums up this country. Hang on he is with an organisation whos followers openly glorify murder in this country so we won't be having any attempt from this piece of filth to take the high moral ground :angry:

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

not luvd posted:

Not agreeing is not the same as THIS IS A BAD POST.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Quanta posted:

lmao

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
:tinfoil:

Yesterday i said that probably the only way for the Club to move forward would be if Kenny goes....which i also said i could see happening.....
My p.o.v. is as stated above....the players have let the manager down...certain players that is....intentionally....but Kenny has allowed it to happen.......therefore he is like the article suggest as much to blame....wehether it is beyond his control or not....

He is the manager.....and like Roy and Rafa should be accountable BUT for sure we have a clique of players who should also be accountable for not doing the rudimentaries or fundamentals of being a professional footballer at this level......

IF Reina is letting them in...in order to de stabilise the managers position....along with other players who have been conspiring to do the same....then we have a BIG problem......

Blaming Kenny for THAT is not right, we can blame Kenny for other stuff.....he has made mistakes.....no doubt about that....his handling of the Suarez Evra affair was diabolical.....and cringeworthy....etc so thats keep some perspective....thats all im saying, Kenny does not deserved to be blamed for all our woes IMO ther are for sure other factors at play, dark forces you could say.....

Our observations are basically what we ALL base our precious opinions on......yourself included, without those observations there would be no opinion, naturally 2 people can observe the same incident and come away with differing opinions as to what REALLY happened, hence the forum......

This is NOT a court of law....there is no evidence other than observation, the proof as i have stated before is there for all to see, opinions are changing on players like Reina....why? Because peoples OBSERVATIONS of him playing recently expose the fact that he has been clearly going AWOL.......

Suarez has for the best part of the season, settled into a pattern of poor first halfs where he literally gives up posession of the ball, doesn't link up well with other players, doesn't create many chances for himself or anyone else and consequently our build up play and hard TEAM work falls flat on its face, THAT is demotivating for the TEAM.....players start to lose confidence and our opponents have obviously capitalised ESP when we have REINA in goal letting them in for fun........

Then, in the second half and usually once we are under pressure due to the other side scoring or gaining in cofidence..... etc he starts to pick up his game, therefore somewhat disguising his antics in the first half and gaining a few plaudits without doing fcuk all to help win the game.....fact is a game can be won or lossed in the first 60 minutes of a game....once the pressure is on it doesn't matter if your playing QPR or Man City, you will stuggle.....

Been watching the same shite ALL season and it is clear as day to me what is going on, and im sure im not the only one who thinks that either......

Its nothing knew though because torres was doing the same thing that Suarez has been doing....6 months before the Club finally decided that it was an unworkable situation for the Club, potentially de-stabilising....and Torres IMO has been doing the same thing at Chelsea also....perhaps he is trying to help Rafa get the managers job in the summer??? Consequently Roy was given the axe, which i think is what will happen to Kenny ESP after his mishandling of the Suarez Evra affair....which btw i blame Suarez for as much as i do Kenny.....

The bottom line is that Kenny keeps playing him up front alone......so Kenny has failed IMO to spot whats going on and failed to deal with it.....

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
We can all accept the odd blip in form of players etc, we can also accept occasional defeats against lesser opposition....but when a pattern forms....then surely we have to look at the possibility that things are not quite as they seem?

I mean, i could be arguing that i think Kenny has lost the dressing room and that the players have lost confidence in him.....
If i was to say that, and that alone, then im sure quite a few people might accept my p.o.v. as being a valid one....the team has at times all too often this season and of late esp...looked to be demotivated....

Only difference is that i am instead of attacking or blaming Kenny and his poo poo brit buys...i am throwing the spotlight on a few players who seem to be getting off scot free in all this.....yet they are arguably more at fault than the "poo poo brits" or even Kenny himself....

IMO they deserve to be exposed, just as Kenny does for his part in this fiasco of a season.....

quote:

You are right....certain players are intentionally letting QK down.......i think they've got it in for him and want him sacked and aren't playing for him...
I've worked out who they are
Charlie Adam
Jordan Henderson
Stewart Downing
Andy Carroll
Jamie Carragher

quote:

Err no, i think those are the players who are suffering at the hands of the real perpe-traitors......

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Another factor people dont realise is that dalglish has never had the same
hunger to win after hillsborough.The tragedy changed him totally.He is ok until
any kind of stress occurs and then the post traumatic stress kicks in every time
and his decision making goes to pot.ALL FANS SHOULD REALISE THAT THIS THE
NUMBER ONE FACTOR BEHIND THE HORROR STORY OF OUR SEASO.DALGLISH AT
THE START OF THE SEASON WHEN DECIDING ABOUT SIGNINGS WENT BACK TO
HIS HAPPY PLACE LIKE ALL SUFFERERS OF PTSD AND TOURNED BACK THE CLOCK
TO 1987 TO HIS ALL BRITISH TEAM.THE RESULT HAS BEEN CATASTROPHIC FOR
ALL OF US.I SUSPECT THAT DALGLISH WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY ON HEALTH
GROUNDSO.Our club is deeply troubled.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

PirateBob posted:

any kind of stress occurs and then the post traumatic stress kicks in every time

lol

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That last one has to be a really good troll surely

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
tbf watching liverpool play is a traumatic experience for anyone

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

PirateBob posted:

IMO ther are for sure other factors at play, dark forces you could say.....

lol who gave Luis Suarez an account?

I love how the list of 'all the players letting Kenny down because they want him sacked' is literally a list of Kenny's signings with Carragher, the worst player he inherited, slapped on the end

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

PirateBob posted:

lmao this is great and surprisingly plausible.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Wario Tifo posted:

:golfclap:

As for "players wanting the manager sacked", I remember Pat Dolan (useless fat gently caress pundit for Setanta) claiming the same thing a few seasons back, except it was Gerrard and Carragher wanting Rafa sacked. You lot complain about BBC/ITV pundits, but he's the worst I've ever seen.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
1 Liverpool 2 Man Utd 3 Man City 4 Arsenal

Liverpool finished 22 points behind United last season but only Sir Alex Ferguson amassed more points than Kenny Dalglish since the 'king' took over from Roy Hodgson.
Why will they win it? The Reds have four players who could grace any team in the Premier League: Pepe Reina, Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll, then add to the mix promising youngsters like John Flanagan, new faces like Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing plus team spirit, desire and 21 years of hurt.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

quote:

If Kenny does leave, even though im not big about bringing managers back, i think Rafa is probably the best manager about who is actually willing to come to LFC.

With support i think Rafa could do a job, but i wouldn't be expecting miracles. There is so much work to do. Honestly, i believe most of our problems are one's created the last 15 months ("CHAD")

It took a while for me to realize that CHAD stood for Carroll, Henderson, Adam, and Downing.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Curly you absolute card.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
dammit curly you monster, that is beyond the pale

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Wario Tifo posted:

Heh :v:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
hahaha, I love this respons to a post about not having faith in King Kenny...

Your beginning to loving grate now. If you want success every single season gently caress off and support the Mancs.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

lomzus posted:

hahaha, I love this respons to a post about not having faith in King Kenny...

Your beginning to loving grate now. If you want success every single season gently caress off and support the Mancs.

There seems to be a large group of people on RAWK that think if you don't blindly support the manager 100% you should become Chelsea or Man City fans or something. I was curious, do any of the other supporter boards have this (I'm thinking of United in particular, who have a simiarly well-loved manager)?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

EvilHawk posted:

There seems to be a large group of people on RAWK that think if you don't blindly support the manager 100% you should become Chelsea or Man City fans or something. I was curious, do any of the other supporter boards have this (I'm thinking of United in particular, who have a simiarly well-loved manager)?
on redcafe there is something of a similar feeling, but it's really not comparable at all. Ferguson is basically impeccable in so far as running the club successfully, you'd be an idiot to criticise him on any sort of long term scale (we can make fun of bad signings etc) because essentially he runs the club in a way that doesn't attract reasonable criticism. It would be interesting to see what would happen if he had a season as poor as Dalglish's this season, but I still imagine most people wouldn't have a word said against him. I think if United did really poorly, literally everyone involved in the club would be criticised before him by most

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The thing is that it's really not a comparable situation. If Dalglish had been in charge of Liverpool literally the entire time he was out of the game and we had been consistently successful during that time, then it would be a comparable situation, but it's obviously nothing like that at all.

Also, I bet you that the same people who say we should support the manager 100% and if you don't like it go support City are the same ones who wanted Rafa out when we finished outside the Top 4 and who wanted Hodgson out last year. They only say that because Kenny's a legend, it's certainly not a 'we run our club differently and don't ask to sack managers' thing no matter how much they try to make it that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Kenny is spot-on as usual and it's completely outrageous to suggest that he's way over the hill and is now quickly losing the plot.

Although youngsters like Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing are obviously world-class and will eventually dominate English football as the next "Golden Generation", it'd be foolish to rush them into regular first-team football just yet when the owners are happy to let you spend large sums on established world-class players with experience and proven records, like Carroll, Adam and Downing. Surely everyone would do the same in the circumstances?

Give that man another £100m I say, and see how many new stars Kenny brings to Anfield over the summer. After all, I'm sure they'll happily ignore the lack of Champions League football for the forseeable future and jump at the chance of joining a club with such a spectacular record of success in securing outstanding shirt deals.

(yes, I know it's fake :ssh:)

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I can't tell whether or not CR7 Cougar is fake.

quote:

GOOD DECISION CRIS

Cristiano has proven over and over that he is a gentleman. He has matured so much from being a greasy playboy to being a model for his teammates and all of us. He puts family first, he puts his team over himself, he never searches for glory or photo ops of his body anymore. He finally realized that Irina is just using him to be more famous. Have you SEEN the pics of her totally naked? She said she wouldn’t do Playboy but she’s doing more than Playboy in recent pics. He made the right decision if this is true. He deserves MUCH better and he will wait until he finds the right mother for his sweet sweet baby boy.
And now, TIME TO PARTY!!!!!!

quote:

OH MY GOD THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST PERFECT DAY OF MY LIFE. I GET ONE DIRECTION TICKETS AND PASSES TO MEET THEM AND CRISTIANO RONALDO IS SINGLE. SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME BEFORE I DIE OF HAPPINESS.

quote:

Bucket List - 1)Meet HIM. 2) Die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Also, I don't disagree with the sentiment per se, but...

Evan Lyon posted:

Mr dalglish you no want to buy in jan a striker now we suffer players make u look like fool stop being friends wit dem you must hit with stick till they win

This is, of course, in response to an upcoming interview of Titi Camara.