Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
There's this probably fake info: http://www.examiner.com/playstation-in-charlotte/massive-gta-5-information-leak-from-ex-rockstar-employee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I don't think they would include a feature that would prevent you from taking missions for 72 game hours after getting 6 stars. That's dumb.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It says only some missions. But I can't believe anyone would think it would be fun to have to hid for three game days or risk being wanted all over again.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
That information sounds pretty fake to me. Why would the protagonist move from Miami to LA "for the weather"? That alone makes no sense.

And the hand-waving about contractual obligations doesn't make sense either. At every company I've worked for, the NDA is a separate document from your employment contract and isn't voided by leaving the company.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Hey guys, I just left the CIA, here's all the secrets because my contract is void.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've seen a lot of thinly disguised wishlists prior to GTA releases and I know when I'm looking at one. Only thing missing is the old "cars have a fuel gauge" standby.

GTA V rumors thread: you can buy the Golden Gate Bridge

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

webmeister posted:

That information sounds pretty fake to me. Why would the protagonist move from Miami to LA "for the weather"? That alone makes no sense.

And the hand-waving about contractual obligations doesn't make sense either. At every company I've worked for, the NDA is a separate document from your employment contract and isn't voided by leaving the company.

Miami is muggy as gently caress and full of mosquitos, rains every day. LA is awesome and is only beat by San Diego(best city ever).

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Even the grade-schoolers at the GTA Forums think its bullshit. Of course this hasn't stopped it from getting posted again and again, this is the GTA Forums after all.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I don't recall leaks of this type ever being true.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

blue squares posted:

Miami is muggy as gently caress and full of mosquitos, rains every day.

literally not true at all but good post

Pogo Stick Eagle
May 5, 2004

Strange, yet symbolically compelling.

blue squares posted:

Miami is muggy as gently caress and full of mosquitos, rains every day. LA is awesome and is only beat by San Diego(best city ever).

gently caress you buddy, Will Smith doesn't lie yo

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
It's fake, trust me. I will say no more.

e: not that anyone is believing it, apparently.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

webmeister posted:

He loves smog and hates hurricanes. :downsrim:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

It's true, the disgruntled Rockstar ex-employee is actually my uncle who used to work for Nintendo!

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Rockstar must really be afraid to enforce their NDAs, because this like the hundredth employee leaking information since V was announced.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
My guess (this also applies to why it's taking so long): Every time an employee leaks something, they redo the entire game. This explains why the information is always different.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

Himuro posted:

I don't recall leaks of this type ever being true.

I recall one post from an alleged R* employee when the GTA IV rumour mill was at its peak, which got a description of the geography and boroughs of Liberty City down with some accuracy.

I sense bullshit when it comes to the post in question here though.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Cojawfee posted:

My guess (this also applies to why it's taking so long): Every time an employee leaks something, they redo the entire game. This explains why the information is always different.

Crap, someone revealed our plan to have multiple characters through a leak. Time to scrap the second half of the game and start over.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Joda posted:

I recall one post from an alleged R* employee when the GTA IV rumour mill was at its peak, which got a description of the geography and boroughs of Liberty City down with some accuracy.

I sense bullshit when it comes to the post in question here though.

Was that before or after it was announced that GTA IV was definitely a revisit of Liberty City though? I mean, you can make a pretty good guess of the geography and areas of IV knowing just the location. Guessing the names for them would be tricky, but not impossible.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I really hope that it's fake. Alone for the idea of cops chasing you for breaking the speed limit.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah, why do these "leaks" always have hints of tedious poo poo no one wants?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Popcorn posted:

Can you give us details in pig latin or is that covered in the NDA too?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Popcorn posted:

Tell the people at Rockstar that I demand voice audio sliders. Having only a sound effects and music audio slider feels so very ps2. Taking down sound effects should not take down voice volume.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Himuro posted:

Tell the people at Rockstar that I demand voice audio sliders. Having only a sound effects and music audio slider feels so very ps2. Taking down sound effects should not take down voice volume.
Im assuming you aren't using surround sound since in that case you could just turn up the center channel so I am going to recommend you play GTA4 with surround sound at some point in your life. They really did a great job with the sound design in this game. Multiplayer makes this hilarious since youre always hearing cars blow up a few blocks away.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
"Get surround sound or gently caress off" is not a good excuse.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I didn't say it was a fix for your problem, Im telling the thread that this game has amazing surround sound.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh, I'm talking about Rockstar, not you bro. :gonk:

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I wonder, what percentage of the 'employee leaked info' for GTAIV turned out to be true?

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Role Play McMurphy posted:

literally not true at all but good post

Yes it is, Miami and South Florida are both wet and muggy a good portion of the year. While So Cal is much cooler and a lot drier.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's true, the disgruntled Rockstar ex-employee is actually my uncle who used to work for Nintendo!

Your story checks out.
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/e3-uncle-nintendo.php

Otik
Apr 6, 2005

Psycho log baby
I've said it before, but one of my closest friends works at Rockstar North and they put the fear of God into her regarding her NDA. She won't even go into details about projects she has worked on that have been released, let alone stuff like GTA V.

I think that's pretty typical there, so I'm left doubting pretty much any leaks I hear about - especially the ones that sound like terrible game design.

EDIT: Oh, and NDAs definitely do not get lifted when you leave the company.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Himuro posted:

Yeah, why do these "leaks" always have hints of tedious poo poo no one wants?

Did you play GTA IV?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

the truth posted:

Did you play GTA IV?

:iceburn:

To be fair, the most tedious stuff in GTAIV were toll roads though. Every thing else like friends and going on dates with Brucie was optional, tedious as much as it was. Adding speed limits is overkill.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I wouldn't mind speed limits and a fuel gauge and other crap like that if they were in a completely optional "hardcore" mode. Like having to drink water and poo poo in Fallout New Vegas.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TheJoker138 posted:

I wouldn't mind speed limits and a fuel gauge and other crap like that if they were in a completely optional "hardcore" mode. Like having to drink water and poo poo in Fallout New Vegas.

When you think about it, the cities are always so small that a fuel gauge would be meaningless anyway, if kept to "realistic" mileage.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Install Gentoo posted:

When you think about it, the cities are always so small that a fuel gauge would be meaningless anyway, if kept to "realistic" mileage.

Mafia 2 had both speed limits and running out of gas and that didn't turn out so bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was pretty awesome in Mafia 2 because you never even see the fuel until your tank gets shot up. And if you get caught speeding, either stop and pay or get away. Minor crimes have never mattered in GTA, it's just a quick drive away. I'd like to see speedos and gas in GTA.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

piratepilates posted:

Mafia 2 had both speed limits and running out of gas and that didn't turn out so bad.

The Mafia series is also driven a lot more by story and capturing a time period and an atmosphere. The best thing Mafia 2 has going for it is its ability to immerse players into the experience it has to offer. GTA, in its purest form, is more of a tongue-in-cheek experience with more emphasis on freedom and fun than story or realism (IV notwithstanding.)

Tonally, they're two vastly different series.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Rockstar North already did vehicles running out of fuel back when they were DMA Design with Body Harvest. And it was handled well. You could drive for a long time on one tank of fuel and nine times out of ten you would swap vehicles to one that wasn't shot to pieces long before you worried about refuelling. Loved that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

MZ posted:

I wonder, what percentage of the 'employee leaked info' for GTAIV turned out to be true?

I haven't really followed non-GTA games that closely, but I honestly can't recall anything from a GTA game getting leaked early.

• Locked thread