Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foiltha
Jun 12, 2008
I scored a summer job with a really good salary for a student and I have no student loan. I'll also be graduating in a year or so. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RowsdowerHotline
Nov 5, 2003
Forum Crackwhore
I am on spring break (started yesterday at 1:00 p.m.) All I have is work, but that's easily handled. I woke up today feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and looked forward to starting the day. Slept in a bit and after my shower, while I was getting dressed, got a call from work asking me to go pick up a computer before my shift. I ended up getting to work half an hour late and then was sent on another errand to my friend's work, so I shot the breeze with her for about twenty minutes and then returned back.

Work itself has been pretty quiet and it is just a beautiful day outside. Bright blue sky, white fluffy clouds, and all the colors are vibrant. It's a bit warm but it feels pretty good out. I also get to leave early and catch the opening night of my friend's play. :3:

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
I saved a swan that was being attacked by two dogs. That felt good.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Celebrated Mother's day early by cooking for my mum and then we went out to a pub for live music which included a motherfucking crumhorn for some reason.

Also I wasn't too depressed about being unemployed today so that's good

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I got my new contacts today and due to insurance, sales, and rebates, they are costing me -$35. I have a job interview tomorrow and my dad just helped me punch up my resume a bit!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today was a total 180 from yesterday, and yesterday sucked bad.

Danny Bro Pty Ltd
Sep 6, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Got 307 pounds on the squat for reps.
Got 220 pounds on the bench for reps.
Got 143 pounds on the press for reps.
Got 318 pounds on the deadlift for reps.

And it's still getting higher. God drat, it feels good to achieve your goals!

Also, got a job interview with St Vincent De Pauls today, for being a tutor with refugee families. It's something I've wanted to do for ages, and I feel very happy with how the interview went today!

Also, I got invited to a Deloitte board meeting in the city. It's limited to only 20 students, so I'm glad I got in before everyone else did!

Also, I've been asked to go to ANOTHER volunteer interview, this time to help the students at university in their taxation returns. Seeing as I want to be a Tax Accountant, I am very pleased that I will get a chance for work experience!

Everything seems to be going my way lately :)

some old car parts
Aug 2, 2011

Makes me a very poor man
I got a letter from the insurance in today and my eye surgery for lens implants is getting covered 100%.
5300 Euro I don't have to spend, This makes me so incredibly happy.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
It is +16 celsius right now which very unseasonably warm and beautiful and I had my first street meat of the year. The hot dog guy has his cart set up weeks early because of the incredible weather we've had this year so far. And it's supposed to be around 20 degrees all weekend.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Caramaline posted:

It is +16 celsius right now which very unseasonably warm and beautiful and I had my first street meat of the year. The hot dog guy has his cart set up weeks early because of the incredible weather we've had this year so far. And it's supposed to be around 20 degrees all weekend.

Same kind of thing here. It's been in the 60's and 70's (Fahrenheit of course) for the last week and it's going to be in the low 80's tomorrow. In Wisconsin, in the middle of March. It's the best thing, especially when you live near a lake.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Started running again, I feel great.

Spring is in full swing and feels amazing and uplifting.

Bought new art supplies today that should arrive Monday (new paints eeee), and had a good long talk on the phone with my mom. :3:

Time go to work on a drawing for a cover sheet~~

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Talked to the guy at work who stocks/works for Hostess and he said he would bring a case of the Devils Food Cake donuts for me to buy. They're my favorite snacks weeeeeeee

Got A raise (everyone did technically from contract that was reconstructed)! Ah yaaaaaaaah.

Ribeyes are 4.68/# So bought me a couple for tonight's dinner.

I found out about The Aquabats Show :iia:

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Asked a chick out and she said yes.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Saw a license plate that said, "BOO URNS."

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
안녕하세요! I learned to read hangul!

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

combee has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Jul 23, 2013

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Cheese curds, yum.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Woke up with a headache (not even from St. Paddy's partying) that went away, watched two great basketball games, then finally got pictures from my wedding (seven months ago!) ordered, much to the delight of my wife. Only two more big projects left to do before the summer...

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I skated a 5k race, and then practiced derby without getting tired. Awesome!

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

I had a job interview today that went as well as it could have, I went to the gym in the first time since forever and I'm going out with a girl. Go me :toot:

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

combee has a new favorite as of 13:42 on Jul 23, 2013

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.
My and a friend of mine checked out the newest sushi bar in town and it tasted awesome.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Took a lovely walk in the sun during my lunch break, got an amazing job lead that will at least make me a stronger candidate even if it doesn't pan out, took a hot shower and drank a cold Guinness when I got home, made a new friend, and watched Hugo with the wife instead of doing anything else. Much less anxious about things after that film. And tomorrow night I'm going drinking with old college friends and swapping stories. It's practically the weekend already.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Feeling sore as poo poo in the best way from getting back into crossfit yesterday, had my first interview for an awesome full time photo processing job and it went really well, then tonight my ex sent me a text saying she watched Archer for the first time and "wow he is just an exaggerated version of you."

Chalking up wins all over the board.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
I scored a date with a goon. :buddy: Hi, Gabe.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Cup of Hemlock posted:

tomorrow night I'm going drinking with old college friends and swapping stories.

It was everything I could have hoped for and more. :)

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Last night, my team won a local school's annual charity spelling bee for the third year in a row. Our team name is the Spellbinders and this year we stepped it up and wore wizard hats.

Then, this morning, I woke up and found the ATREX launch was postponed until Sunday morning and I'll be able to stay up to watch it.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Guy I have had a crush for a looong time is finally single and pursuing me. Yay! I also have a stomach bug, but it means I get to skip school.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Boss called me up, apparently there was a misunderstanding with my vacation time. He thought I was taking next week off, but I am actually taking first week of April off. He told me to get out of here for both weeks, because he'd already made arrangements for next week.

:toot:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I slept in this morning, had a freakishly good day at work, got my first CSA delivery, and now I get to nap for the first time in ages. Annnnndddd now its the weekend.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Girlfriend came to visit for the weekend and brought her parents, so I got a couple free meals off of them.
Then as they were leaving, I went in for the handshake with her dad and he went in for the hug instead :buddy: God I wish my parents liked her as much as her parents like me.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Funeral home I'm trying to get a job at called me back!

...at quarter to 7 on Saturday night, so I didn't hear my phone go off because who expects a call then, but they called!

Specifically I didn't hear my phone because I was at my friend's Game of Thrones Season 1 marathon, which was awesome. Wish I had HBO now so I could keep up on it.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Spent the morning at Olbrich Botanical Gardens with my wonderful fiance, looking at the spring flower show, taking pictures, and enjoying a beautiful day. :3: I wanted some pics to help promo the sewing I do, so I dressed up, and every little old lady came up to us and told me how sweet I looked. I'm over 40 and I hadn't realised how much I missed having my Gramma tell me I was a sweetie.

Owl Island
Jul 25, 2009
My roommate brought over five of her old high school friends, and I invited a friend of ours over and we had a party with a few bottles of Jack Daniels and cheap vodka.

I can finally eat solid food with my tongue piercing. It takes me twice as long and it isn't the most comfortable thing in the world but I'm still happy, because I was getting tired of nothing but Push-Ups and mashed potatoes.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
The sun was out! When you live in a city with 250+ annual rainy days that also had it's wettest winter in years, well it doesn't take more than some sunshine to have an awesome day!

Also after a week or so of being frustrated and clumsy I finally managed to learn two pretty neat swing dancing moves.

And to complete the trifecta of awesome I also hung out with a childhood friend of mine whom I see way too seldom.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
After a rather rough month at work, I've had three really good weeks since where I've topped the efficiency ratings board continuously (I work in manufacturing where one of the most important aspects of the job is decreasing the amount of scrap left from the manufacturing process as much as possible). I've also recently started taking stock of my general situation in life and realizing just how lucky I am, which I've not had the chance to since I moved in to my apartment by myself a few months ago. It's just a typical go work go home have a good time at weekends deal, but it feels so serene. I like it and I am absolutely ok with it if it's going to be like this until the day I retire.
It's funny because I started feeling contentment when I decided to no longer look at the 'big picture' anymore and running around like a headless chicken looking for this lofty ambition or trying for that lofty goal or whatever. Hardly anyone makes it like that really, and most people waste so much time worrying about tomorrow. Well, that's just how I'm feeling right now and it feels great just posting this.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I just noticed I lost my "Stupid Newbie" avatar! :downsbravo:

edit: now it's back. That's weird.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Friday I was able to talk my way out of a business trip next week to Texas that I really didn't want to go on; it's been sunny with temps in the 70s all weekend; I went to a really fun party last night and met the most gorgeous and interesting woman I've met in several months; and today I scored the game-winning goal in the championship game of my local broomball league. Life owns.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Purged a quarter of my Facebook friends. Still leaves me with ~300, but it's a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vigilante Banana
Jul 28, 2010

Low five! Yaaaaaay
I've had the stomach flu since Thursday night. Today was the first day that I was able to get out of bed, AND the first day I was able to keep down solid food!

Also, I was better in time for my a cappella rehearsal today. The weather was so nice that we decided to practice outside of the student center, and we drew an audience. The campus news channel even recorded us for a bit.