Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Any must-have fabled items for a necro or a shaman (particularly ones that are solo/moloable)/?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Fabled until April 16...

That sucks. Can't solo Fabled Kunark bosses at 79

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Vomik posted:

Does anyone by chance know a good AA guide for necros? I searched around but couldn't find anything... I'm also not sure how old something can be and still be relevant.

In the same vein, should every class get innate run speed 5 as their first AAs?

I've been using this AA guide:

http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=10182

It says it is current through SoD, so I'm not sure how out of date that is, it's a good general path to get you started though.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I think a lot of us are still in what I call the "honeymoon" phase. Early part of EQ has been made super easy, lots of gear for these levels looks insane compared to what we were used to back-in-the-day, and is easy to get, seeing lots of new content, etc.

Granted, that's not how we remember EQ at all. We remember gear being hard to come by (well, good gear), "big upgrades" would consist of going from a +3str piece of gear to +5str piece of gear, and it taking an hour to get even a blue bubble of exp after 51.

From what I understand, while gear upgrades aren't as tough as they used to be, the content does get tough again, and exp starts coming back in a lot, lot slower. I hope everyone sticks around, because that's the EQ I remember, and well....ya need a group for it!

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

xZAOx posted:

I think a lot of us are still in what I call the "honeymoon" phase. Early part of EQ has been made super easy, lots of gear for these levels looks insane compared to what we were used to back-in-the-day, and is easy to get, seeing lots of new content, etc.

Granted, that's not how we remember EQ at all. We remember gear being hard to come by (well, good gear), "big upgrades" would consist of going from a +3str piece of gear to +5str piece of gear, and it taking an hour to get even a blue bubble of exp after 51.

From what I understand, while gear upgrades aren't as tough as they used to be, the content does get tough again, and exp starts coming back in a lot, lot slower. I hope everyone sticks around, because that's the EQ I remember, and well....ya need a group for it!

Once you hit 50-60+ it starts to become very hard to exp on your own. Not to say it's impossible, but a purely solo player with one merc is going to have a hard time getting very far past 60-70. It will also be relatively painfully slow. The good news is on Luclin there are a lot active players all over the board, so now's the time to get in and catch up.

depraved
Aug 13, 2004

Killing for peace...
This is where I post "stairs lol" and "what's going on ITT" for the password right?

In game as Nederia at the moment. Also have Ysidria, Nehalem and a few others.

depraved fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 25, 2012

Retrievil
Dec 11, 2004

Lionbacker
This is our necro app required abilities list. This was current in HoT, not sure how many aas this is. They are all 'must have' necro aas.

Passive AA List
SCMastery 4/4
SCReinforcement 5/5
SCSubtlety 15/15
All Gift of XXX Mana

Critical Affliction 9/9
Affliction Mastery 3/3
Blood Tithe 6/6
Greater Blood Tithe 6/6
Destructive Cascade 10/10
Vengeful Spirits 3/3
Lingering Death 3/3

Activated AA List
Death Bloom 1/1
Death Peace 2/2
Imp. Death Peace 1/1
Third Spire 3/3
Rel. Benevolence 6/6

Items (Required by end of applicant period)
Epic 2.0/2.5
Blightbringer's Tunic of the Grave

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
What's the deal with enchanters now? From what people are saying in general chat, they're pretty much a useless spot. When I asked why they said "DPS is king now, and since single pulling is so easy CC isn't really needed anymore."

Overall, do enchanters really have a spot at the higher end, or have they fallen way down on the needed scale? Last time I played if you didn't have an enchanter you were in the process of looking for one due to how much they made a difference.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Bahanahab posted:

What's the deal with enchanters now? From what people are saying in general chat, they're pretty much a useless spot. When I asked why they said "DPS is king now, and since single pulling is so easy CC isn't really needed anymore."

Overall, do enchanters really have a spot at the higher end, or have they fallen way down on the needed scale? Last time I played if you didn't have an enchanter you were in the process of looking for one due to how much they made a difference.

As far as I've heard/read enchanters are in a really weird spot where you only need them for high-high-high-end raiding. And other than that they're a wasted spot. Something to do with AoE stunning mobs in some of the top tier raid zones.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
If it's like Shards of Dalaya either you can pull extra and not get rammed or they wanted to not require The Holy Trinity as much as they used to. I never got people who played enchanters anyway. My brother did and when there was no mobs to mez it looked like the most boring poo poo on the planet.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Stanos posted:

My brother did and when there was no mobs to mez it looked like the most boring poo poo on the planet.

Mezzing was the boring part of an Enchanter, and a lovely reason to take one. The key iswas charming and hasting a pet, when you can charm something that outDPSes a whole group it gets very exciting when you have to recharm it, especially if you're terrible.

Not that you can do this anymore.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I was well familiar with the cragbeast special for Gates of Discord and other fun tricks of enchanter charming.

I was also familiar with a mass buffed hasted cragbeast running at said enchanter and then one shotting half our group. :v:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Was all about the Pooka. Dragged so many people through the mountain trials using them. Which is part of what led to burning out on EQ. That and we were some of the first people flagged on the server and the guild leadership was like "Hey lets just go farm Time instead, we'll get around to this new expansion stuff someday".

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Enchanters ARE in a really weird spot. The have some alright adps for casters and melee, but both are overshadowed by other classes. Instead of getting better adps during the post-voa AA patch, they got getter person DPS, which is not where encs want to do. Being #4 on caster dps is not a great spot to lay claim to. While the problems of easy to slit pulls, charm dps nerfing and mez immune mobs make enc's classic group role almost non-existent

They do still have some personal dps, a +9% exp aura and adps for every clss though spells and melee. And if course there's missions and some exp spots that almost require an end to deal with.

Raid guilds howevrt will almost always be recruits taking good encs. For the boredom rate above, we have as hard time keeping enough encs around foe the events that might take 4

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Took my level 40-ish Cleric to Karnor's Castle, with a merc. As promised, the merc could take on three red cons there with its health just slowly dropping over time, and the odd heal took care of that!

The only problem was that it was taking a while and so wasn't particularly fun. Any other suggestions? Perhaps cleric is not the best choice nowadays?

I wouldn't mind levelling up something different.

Also, is there no way of ordering a merc to attack something, like with a pet? I get the whole 'assist' aspect but is there a way for me to not have to grab initial aggro?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

xZAOx posted:

This is basically true, and I'm starting to decide us recommending tank mercs to PL new players to 60 was a mistake. We're starting to have goons hit 65 or so with absolutely no idea what they're doing and they're getting demolished in extremely easy zones. If they keep brute forcing it, once they hit 70 when the game actually starts to get hard, there's going to be a lot of frustration and nerdrage quitting.

Also soloing post 70 even with mercs for a lot of classes is extremely slow, especially if you don't know what you're doing. Even when you know what you're doing, xp slows WAY WAY the hell down at 70 and just gets slower and slower from there on. 1-60 is a completely different game xp-wise than 70+, and it's shocking the first time you kill multiple mobs without a single % xp increase when those mobs are suddenly pounding your group to pieces and swarming you in piles of 3-5 because nobody's learned to pull. Not trying to dissuade people to play or keep playing, but it's really, really essential to use your 50s and 60s learning how the game works if you want to survive and progress post 70. We also have plenty of goons in their 70s who are still progressing wonderfully and really kicking rear end, so it's entirely possible, you just have to learn the game :)

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
^ This happened to 2-3 people I got to start. They cruised to 65, then immediately went into :wtc: mode because of how solidly they get their asses kicked in SoF or wherever. I've taken to recommending people spend a solid chunk of time at 65/70 aaing, so they don't get powerleveled to 85 as a warrior with no CA/CS. I really emphasize over and over again that "Level determines the expansion you fight in, AA and gear determines how well you do it", but pretty much no one wants to listen to me and they rush to 80 for sweet gear

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Logged in before going to work, and why hello there Xicotl :allears:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

They do not, in fact, listen at all. It's kinda funny in a way though, watching a rogue pulling in a group with both a bard AND a monk then bitching because fableds aggro and he trains the group with them, or swaps a tank merc for cleric merc while soloing "My backstabs are still regular attacks from the front", or a bard dying repeatedly while being HS PLd in C2 due to attempting to slowly melee the pack of rooted mobs (sorry to single you guys out, plenty of other stupid stuff, those are just the funniest recent things I can think of this early and I'm not naming names :v: ). "Don't even bother camping augs, I have none and I still do fine" was another awesome gem.

The :wtc: mode is already starting and I'm pretty sure it's about to get a lot worse, sadly. I dunno what to do though because they won't listen :(

Stack of Scabs
Jan 20, 2006

i got 25 niggas runnin up on yall

quote:

watching a rogue pulling in a group with both a bard AND a monk then bitching because fableds aggro and he trains the group with them

Not saying rogues are the best choice for pulling, but I've pulled off some amazing ones on mine. Escape and the Fadelure line making pulling on a rogue pretty easy nowadays.

quote:

Don't even bother camping augs, I have none and I still do fine

No loving way someone is that stupid. If you aren't even trying to go for the easy rear end anniversary augs, which are better than most augs from actual content, then just uninstall. Also, if you aren't stacking heroics on said augs then definitely uninstall.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Stack of Scabs posted:

No loving way someone is that stupid. If you aren't even trying to go for the easy rear end anniversary augs, which are better than most augs from actual content, then just uninstall. Also, if you aren't stacking heroics on said augs then definitely uninstall.

I literally don't know what any of this means. What are anniversary augs? I'm only level 56... should all my gear have augs in it? I haven't found any good ones nor do I have any money. What does "stacking heroics on augs" mean?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
The problem as I see it is really that 1-75 are just so astoundingly quick that people don't learn their class, or game mechanics in any way. I've recently come across a plethora of SKs that simply do NOT know jack poo poo, including a 75 who didn't know what taunt was and was insistent that his spell aggro was all he needed (yet couldn't keep it to save his life). Another example was a 70 monk who didn't use any disciplines or tomes because it was "too much button pressing". this was BEFORE the game went F2P mind you. I can only imagine the floodgates about to open.

Another issue is that EQ's mechanics are loving cryptic and convoluted. Trying to figure out how poo poo like softcaps and other mechanics work relies on going to web pages that havent been updated in half a decade and are usually wrong due to some change that happened along the way.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 26, 2012

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Tolain posted:

Another issue is that EQ's mechanics are loving cryptic and convoluted. Trying to figure out how poo poo like softcaps and other mechanics work relies on going to web pages that havent been updated in half a decade and are usually wrong due to some change that happened along the way.

This is the part I find frustrating. Information is so hard to find. Its all dated poo poo that goes back to like 2006 and 2007.

Also I have noticed that the power curve is pretty linear 1-75 and then it just spikes to all hell. For instance my 72 ranger hits for like 200-400 with decent weapons, but Lv 80+ hit for like 2K.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Vomik posted:

I literally don't know what any of this means. What are anniversary augs? I'm only level 56... should all my gear have augs in it? I haven't found any good ones nor do I have any money. What does "stacking heroics on augs" mean?

Augs are basically something to worry about at the same time the difficulty ramps up. In the 50s and 60s you wont find many augs that are great, but it doesn't hurt to get them if you can. By the time you reach the 70s it is definitely time to start filling those aug slots with something useful, especially so for tanks and melees.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Tolain posted:

I really emphasize over and over again that "Level determines the expansion you fight in, AA and gear determines how well you do it", but pretty much no one wants to listen to me and they rush to 80 for sweet gear

I don't know who you are in game, but I'm listening, at least. Actually, the biggest thing itching me to level more (70 Monk, Brumans) is actually more awesome AAs. I've started to get 3-5 points into all my good AAs, and I really want some of the higher level ones (hastened mend especially, /drool).

Dubious posted:

Logged in before going to work, and why hello there Xicotl :allears:

Hah, grats man! Were you the same guy who was camping it for hours yesterday?

Stack of Scabs posted:

If you aren't even trying to go for the easy rear end anniversary augs, which are better than most augs from actual content, then just uninstall. Also, if you aren't stacking heroics on said augs then definitely uninstall.

Help me out here - at 70, are there augs I should be going for? I thought the anniversary ones were over my level. Same with the fabled augs. I've put in a few that I've ran upon, but I definitely haven't went to the trouble yet of trying to dig them out. Stacking heroics? You mean the heroic stats?

Tolain posted:

Another example was a 70 monk who didn't use any disciplines or tomes because it was "too much button pressing". this was BEFORE the game went F2P mind you. I can only imagine the floodgates about to open.

Phew, well, it's not me at least. I will admit though that it's confusing. Well first off, I didn't think I could get discs as a F2P, since I used to have some and now they're gone. Once someone said "hey, go find a tome vendor", now I'm overwhelmed trying to figure out what is on what timers, how to "synergize" them, and everything online is out of date or just dead. And it's definitely a lot more button smashing that original EQ, but ti's all good.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
It sounds like a lot of the problems here are stemming from a couple of sources: the PLing is one of them, and hand in hand with that is not ever grouping/having to group. I absolutely understand the desire to PL though, because when you get into the game, it's not very alluring to fart around at low levels and see everyone else up in the 60's-80's playing together and linking gear with more HP on it than you have total.

If you molo/PL to 65 or 70 and then need to group, there's a steep learning curve waiting there for you. This is why (typically) I haven't really done a lot of PLing beyond delivering shammy buffs for people of all levels, and then headshotting once people have hit that 60-ish+ range. My assumption was that the buffs just take out some of the difficulty with handling things, and make it less trouble without removing the need to pay attention and learn anything; by the time you're in the 60's with any given class, I figure you've had about 30 levels worth of time to figure out what your class can do, basically, and then you can go from there. Figuring out how to pull is a complex thing. When you are below a certain level, pulling works one way (harmony for bard/ranger/druid/cleric/enchanter, FD and snare for necro, sk, monk kind of in there) but as you level you're given new tools (which I won't list, because there are many) and as you will find with a lot of things in EQ, you have to take the time to learn how to use them, and become familiar with the little quirks they have.

As for augs, softcaps, mechanics, etc... who really gives a flying gently caress? Until you hit about 80, and even then only if you are a tank, none of that poo poo matters. At all! I do agree, though, that info is scarce online. Alla is pretty good if you want to know about a spell or a mob or a quest, but as far as class specific info, the best you're going to do is ask in game; there are a lot of goons who have been playing for a bajillion years, and failing that, even General chat can be helpful and good. Also, there is a class channel for every class (/join classname) and people in there tend to be rather helpful and fairly informed, in my experience.

In short:

1) I encourage you to try to group as you level. It may be slightly slower, but has intangible benefits.

2) Absolutely do stop for some AA when you get up in your 50's and 60's. It gives you time to really settle into your class' abilities, and will help you to look at the AA's you will want to buy as a foundation. Each class has a ridiculous list of AA to go through, and if you are brand new and don't start until 80, you will be lost.

3) If you don't know, ask; many goons are not dickheads, and will likely help you to figure things out. I wouldn't bombard any one person (me, you motherfuckers!) with questions, but do ask in the channels if you can't get something sorted out/find any info on it.

4) SOE putting all the spells in PoK is a good move, and I feel that will help people have a better handle on what their class capabilities are. Everyone should pick up all their spells every level, and hopefully have some time to use them/become familiar.

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

xZAOx posted:

Help me out here - at 70, are there augs I should be going for? I thought the anniversary ones were over my level. Same with the fabled augs. I've put in a few that I've ran upon, but I definitely haven't went to the trouble yet of trying to dig them out. Stacking heroics? You mean the heroic stats?

Farming augs is only worth it if you plan on staying in that level range for a long time not really worth it until later on. I do recommend picking up any augs that you come across in your hot zone leveling (all of the hot zones have an aug that drops zone wide, by the way) and slot them into whatever you anticipate to be your longest lasting piece of gear will be, but don't waste any time that you could be grouping/xping/doing something worthwhile on farming augs that will be of marginal benefit and quickly replaced later on.

I don't know what the gently caress he's talking about with "stacking" heroics either. Yeah, ideally, you want heroic stats on your augs, but I'm pretty sure that once you hit 80, all of the augs have heroic stats on them, so it's not like you have to pick and choose and be really selective. As you near max level, there are augs that have some AC/no AC and are suited for melee/casters as a result, but that doesn't come until later and is really painfully obvious if you look at the stats on the aug at all. Even if you're a melee and you pick up what would be optimally a "caster" aug, it still doesn't matter that much unless you're trying to tank. More HP/Mana/Endurance is generally always good, for everyone.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Outrider.net is back for all of you Rangers. The dude went through a lot to restore poo poo since the owner never renewed/forgot. So he got it back up but lost like a years worth of posts. Oh well, at least Rangers get their only really viable place to discuss poo poo/guides back.

Also, yeah, gently caress augment farming when you are Lv70. All the good ones take a poo poo load of time to get and are still rather useless when you get them. Besides, with the Defiant gear being as good as it is for practically nothing, IMO its worthless to farm augs.
Granted when one drops, obviously socket that poo poo.

As to the learning curve and EQ, well its not rocket science either. Anyone with a solid base of MMO can adjust to EQs nuances. The biggest hurdle to overcome is attacking EQ with a WoW/Rift/SWTOR mentality. You cannot just run in gung-ho, facerolling and expect to win. You have to take your time, plan poo poo out, pull wisely and attack at the right time when youre a squishy. This is by and large a one mob at a time game. For soloers? I suggest dual boxing. Its quite easy to do in EQ and then you can have a solid foundation of DPS, heals and tank by using mercs.

Some of you guys are making this out to be some difficult game which takes years to figure out. Well it kind of does to master, but the basics can be learned rather quickly. The hard part of this game is lack information and the vastness of it, and sticking with it since it slows down so much at like 75. I still think getting to cap in this game is still a huge achievement in itself.

BTW are tank mercs still viable 80+ content?

Peechka fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 26, 2012

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Peechka posted:

Even then its still not rocket science. Some of you guys are making this out to be some difficult game which takes years to figure out.

That's not what I'm saying at all, and I don't think anyone else is either. The issue is that sitting naked for 65 levels while a tank merc does all the work for you is not teaching you how to play, most importantly the differences between WoW (zergrush poo poo) and EQ (fuckin chill and go slow). At 65 and 70, some new goons are running into a brick wall of :wtf: because of it, which is what we're talking about. The game's not rocket science, but it does have a lot of weird mechanics that don't show up in other MMOs

Kroagnon
Jun 17, 2004
Kroagnon's SA Forum Account (Happy Birthday BIOTCH)
Posting for an invite, made a wizard on Luclin named Kroey, hooray!

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Peechka posted:

BTW are tank mercs still viable 80+ content?

In my experience, A J5 tank is good up through T1 VoA zones, meaning that with slows and heals, it can tank mobs without much trouble. Named will cost your healer more stress and mana, but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The main concerns are that they don't do well with multiple mobs. As you go further into VoA, though, I think they diminish significantly in effectiveness and survivability.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
BTW, Im finding that the people that have been playing EQ for a while are all a bunch of nice guys, way more than any other MMO. For instance, yesterday my buddy asked some Lv95s to help and defeat http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=29525 to get me his bow. Anyway, like 3 lv 95s came to help and if you know the fight, its totally a ranged fight and the dude has millions of HP. So it took us all like a hour to burn him down but they were willing to do it to help out. And I got my bow http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=74261

You just do not see this type of behavior in any other mmo. Most of the people are really nice and glad to help a noob out if you are nice back to them. I think most of them are glad at the new influx of people to liven up the game a bit.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Peechka posted:

This is by and large a one mob at a time game.

Good to hear! I've been playing P99 for a long time, so I still have my pulling chops - but of course, the pull game has changed a lot too, for a monk at least. Got some awesome discs that really trivialize parts of it. This mez AA, Imitate Death, Stonewall, etc. But getting 1-2 mobs is generally the limit. Right now though, it's been "pull 800 mobs hurr". I think I'm ready for "real" EQ, but I can see how some people are going to have a rough adjustment (and may not enjoy it anymore).

Peechka posted:

You just do not see this type of behavior in any other mmo. Most of the people are really nice and glad to help a noob out if you are nice back to them. I think most of them are glad at the new influx of people to liven up the game a bit.

I think a *lot* of that is due to EQ's more "take it slow" nature. It's what I've always loved about the game. It's going to take such a long time to get to max level and your billion AAs, you should enjoy the game while you're at it. Explore poo poo, go kill old poo poo, do quests just because they're fun, not because they give you a reward. As a result, people are more likely to be helpful.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I should soon have the funds to upgrade to gold and start playing this game seriously :( again. The Fableds will be up until April 15th correct? Most of the pet weapons are found in PoP right? What level will I need to get to before April 15th so I can snag one of those? 61ish if I remember?

Probably gonna start a SK, but I'm not sure.

Edit: Also, to those who have successfully transferred off of test... Should I wait till I'm upgraded to gold to put in a petition? Do I have to put in a petition using my character on test, or can I do it with any character on my account? How long did it take from your first petition, to when you actually got the transfer? Thanks!

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 26, 2012

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

Not Grover posted:

4) SOE putting all the spells in PoK is a good move, and I feel that will help people have a better handle on what their class capabilities are. Everyone should pick up all their spells every level, and hopefully have some time to use them/become familiar.

This is honestly the one thing they did that got me to come back. The last time I played I got up to level 71 on my mage, and then found people selling the level 70+ spells for 100k+ plat in the bazaar. Tried farming the mats to get someone to make it, but they tried to charge me 50k plat just to make it with my mats so I said gently caress that and uninstalled the game.

Now that I'm back I actually have all my spells on my different characters, and the difference between having all the spells and not is huge. Previously I was lucky if I could get one of the snares for my sk, but now I have everything on all my characters.

Multi-boxing in this game is very easy, and if you get isboxer like the op suggests you can easily box an entire group. The hardest part about isboxer is you have to make all the keybinds unlike you do for wow. In wow the quickwizard setup has everything done for you, but for EQ you have to manually do the keybinds. It took me a couple of hours wondering why none of the other chars were doing anything when I press a button to figure out it didn't set it up automatically. Also, with mercs you could easily 3 box and have a full, and very balanced, group.

Right now my group is level 60, and I'm farming AA's for my tank. The problem is my tank is complete crap compared to a merc at this level, and it's a pain in the rear end to farm anything when I can barely handle one mob in BoT tank wise. My biggest issue with this game is actual tanks are so bad for so long, but tank mercs are so amazing for so long that many would be tanks are put off of the idea and go to a different class.

Also, did they change the agro mechanic of the SK fear spells? I remember one of the best ways to generate agro on a SK was using the fear spell that maxed out on mobs level 52, because it wouldn't land but would still generate the agro. When I tried doing that the mob just went to my cleric the moment it casted 1 heal spell. I'm now using the level 11 clinging darkness and the level 33 terror line for agro generation, but still having to taunt mobs off my casters every now and then. I just remember sk's having much better agro generation last time I played.

widds2v
Aug 23, 2004
Sorry, I'm socially retarded.
Posting for chat password verification! Name is Eywa in game.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Peechka posted:

BTW, Im finding that the people that have been playing EQ for a while are all a bunch of nice guys, way more than any other MMO.

Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with how nice people have been. We had a guy being rather obtuse in OOC in POF yesterday, goons started trolling him big time, which was hilarious I might add, then despite all that he goes and spends 10 minutes to kill a fabled to get me this. Pretty cool and I don't see that ever happening in any other game, at least not ones that I've played. Not to mention all the high level goons who have been running around killing fabled poo poo just because they can and getting all sorts of awesome stuff for the new folks like me.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Bahanahab posted:

Also, did they change the agro mechanic of the SK fear spells?

While I don't know anything about SKs (other than in vanilla, as you said, they used to dot to keep aggro), someone just a few posts ago was bitching about how a SK wasn't using taunt, then saying his spells kept aggro fine, then kept losing aggro. So my guess is look at some taunt skills / AAs / discs / spells / something.

J posted:

then despite all that he goes and spends 10 minutes to kill a fabled to get me this.

ZAM says he can drop multiple, did that happen for you too?

I'd love to pick one up too for WW, but ZAM says he's a week respawn, and we're nearing the end of Fabled spawns. Maybe I can get lucky.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Am I able to train spells like heals and buffs if i just constantly cast them on myself? Since I levelled up so fast I neglected skill training and it usually takes me a whole mana bar of fizzles just to heal once or put a buff on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
Yes, at least you could in the past. For your damage spells you can just target your friend and cast away too if I remember correctly.