Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

xZAOx posted:

While I don't know anything about SKs (other than in vanilla, as you said, they used to dot to keep aggro), someone just a few posts ago was bitching about how a SK wasn't using taunt, then saying his spells kept aggro fine, then kept losing aggro. So my guess is look at some taunt skills / AAs / discs / spells / something.

It's not that, I know how to use taunt, but the last time I played the game my same SK never lost agro by using that one fear spell. My mage could chain nuke and never pull it off, but now it doesn't work at all.

Dizz posted:

Am I able to train spells like heals and buffs if i just constantly cast them on myself? Since I levelled up so fast I neglected skill training and it usually takes me a whole mana bar of fizzles just to heal once or put a buff on me.

Best way that I've found to level up your healing/buff skills is to get the lowest level version and chain cast that non-stop. At level 60 I'm still getting skillups by using a level 11 spell.

Bahanahab fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Bleh, want to play EQ, not do work.

So, the concept of tiers in EQ is new to me. I mean, there were gear sets, but actually progressing through tiers didn't exist really when I played (there were just harder / easier raids). I checked poo poo out on Alla, which had some good wiki pages about tier progression which answered a lot of my questions.

But when it comes to leveling, is there a certain "tier" of gear you need from previous expansions before you can go to tier 1 of the next? Like, "you probably need group tier 3 from Underfoot to move into HoT, then group tier 2 of HoT to move into VoA group tier 1"? With a lot of it requiring tradeskills (it seems, at least), feels like that could be a problem.

I'm sure having later tier gear from HoT will make VoA tier 1 easier (as an example), but wasn't sure if it was really worth it, as opposed to just exp'ing in HoT zones, looting what you see, but moving on when the exp slows down.

Also, I found this awesome link: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24035 . Gives an overview of quests and notable things about each expansion, like some clickies and augs you may want to farm up. I want to go to Dreadspire Keep for a damage aug and Pouch of Curses :D

And is the Underfoot Prayer Shawl quest worth doing these days, in terms of the end piece of gear? Seems like a bitch, but just curious.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bahanahab posted:

Also, did they change the agro mechanic of the SK fear spells? I remember one of the best ways to generate agro on a SK was using the fear spell that maxed out on mobs level 52, because it wouldn't land but would still generate the agro. When I tried doing that the mob just went to my cleric the moment it casted 1 heal spell. I'm now using the level 11 clinging darkness and the level 33 terror line for agro generation, but still having to taunt mobs off my casters every now and then. I just remember sk's having much better agro generation last time I played.

Here, read this: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=183868 it's written for raid knights, but a lot still applies to group level aggro control. https://www.evilgamer.net also has some good tanking info.

You don't want to be using actual fears, but SKs have a spell like called Terror of X, that is just a pure hate spell. There's also the Confrontation line that is a hate over time with a self ac buff. Snare is your best non-hate hate spell line, but that really comes into its own once you get the AA version to cast while spell gems are refreshing. Keep your two highest Terrors loaded and cycle between them.

Once you hit higher levels, you'll have 3 AA aggro spells on a short re-use to cycle into your initial hate dump, making the 2nd terror less used.

At some point the knight 1h weapon proc became standardized to a rune proc. Use one of those when you're in +hate mode. Rune procs are amazing for hate and eat up some of the damage you're taking. Toss a stun, pure hate or if you're feeling sassy and love boomerangs, a rune, proc aug in that weapon.

Your 2h weapon should just have the highest dmg aug you can find for it. That is your dps weapon.

You should also have a mask with a +hate mod and one of your +hate buffs (either a Voice spell or the self buff one).

With the new Undivided disc, I've bumped taunt off my main page. 100% snapping and holding aggro for 18s is far better than taunts maybe snapping aggro, even if undivided is on a 10m timer.

Edit for more wall of text:

quote:

Also, I found this awesome link: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24035 . Gives an overview of quests and notable things about each expansion, like some clickies and augs you may want to farm up. I want to go to Dreadspire Keep for a damage aug and Pouch of Curses

And is the Underfoot Prayer Shawl quest worth doing these days, in terms of the end piece of gear? Seems like a bitch, but just curious.

Neither of those Great tank augs are in fact Great tank augs. My SK is aug'd out completely from UF, HoT, Anniv and a small amount of VoA and her worst aug is a 32ac Treant refuse with a pile of 28-32ac augs in the bank. 25ac augs are just stepping sones, don't invest much time into getting them.

UF shawl at the highest (raid) tier is an item casters will be keeping for years. Not sure on the melee versions or the top group version.

quote:

But when it comes to leveling, is there a certain "tier" of gear you need from previous expansions before you can go to tier 1 of the next? Like, "you probably need group tier 3 from Underfoot to move into HoT, then group tier 2 of HoT to move into VoA group tier 1"?

No one should ever have to go to UF. Skip to HoT T1. The HoT and VoA tier overlap a bit, with HoT T4 being about VoA T2 in terms of gear. VoA is generally harder than HoT though. So just because you can roll HoT T4 named does not mean you can farm VoA named. VoA really seems more for people who had gotten everything they could out of HoT already.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 26, 2012

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Is it still $25 per character to transfer?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
I think it's on sale right now for $15.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Vomik posted:

I think it's on sale right now for $15.

I better be able to get them to transfer me off test before that deal runs out!

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
How bout transfers from one account to another? do they even do those?

Also Ive been doing some reading and im at a quandry when to stop to do some AA grinding. My Ranger is Lv73 right now with about roughly 200 AA. Should I stop now and grind a few more hundred? Im reading that if I dont stop now, the mobs will get too difficult later to do easy grinds.

Also, how many AA is considered sufficient and at what levels? I mean with like 10K? AA available how many would I need to be viable without all the other crap not necessary for a viable char strictly for DEF and OFF.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 26, 2012

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

xZAOx posted:

But when it comes to leveling, is there a certain "tier" of gear you need from previous expansions before you can go to tier 1 of the next? Like, "you probably need group tier 3 from Underfoot to move into HoT, then group tier 2 of HoT to move into VoA group tier 1"? With a lot of it requiring tradeskills (it seems, at least), feels like that could be a problem.

I'm sure having later tier gear from HoT will make VoA tier 1 easier (as an example), but wasn't sure if it was really worth it, as opposed to just exp'ing in HoT zones, looting what you see, but moving on when the exp slows down.

Also, I found this awesome link: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24035 . Gives an overview of quests and notable things about each expansion, like some clickies and augs you may want to farm up. I want to go to Dreadspire Keep for a damage aug and Pouch of Curses :D

There are no hard restrictions for getting the first tier of gear from any of the recent expansions. You can level to 80 and immediately go from naked/whatever gear you had straight to HoT T1 gear by buying it in bazaar/bumming it off people/etc. The combines to make the armors are non-tradeskill no fail combines. VoA T1 is the same, but requires level 85.

The only "requirement", so to speak, for moving from one expansion's content to the next, is that you are geared enough/have enough AA's to be able to handle tanking/surviving AoE's/doing enough dps for it to be a viable place to grind.

Most of Underfoot is lovely and not worth doing, in my semi-uninformed opinion. Everyone has said it was needlessly difficult when appropriately leveled and geared, and with the availability of newer gear there's no reason to go back and waste the effort to farm up weaker gear unless you just want to experience the content/see what the zones are like.

There are some cool things to get from older raids, but you won't be soloing/one grouping those, most likely, unless you have some 95's who have done the content before. Some things you can zerg, but a lot of things require coordination and/or very specific things to be done, so they need more bodies than 6 people.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Am I better off training weapon skills now while I'm still at a low level or would i be safe with a healing merc and my pet tanking aggro while I slap and poke at the enemy's backside?

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007

Dizz posted:

Am I better off training weapon skills now while I'm still at a low level or would i be safe with a healing merc and my pet tanking aggro while I slap and poke at the enemy's backside?

I wouldn't bother taking any time out of grinding or whatever to train weapons skills. Just use your weapons and put in your low skill weapons whenever you want to stay current.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Stack of Scabs posted:

No loving way someone is that stupid. If you aren't even trying to go for the easy rear end anniversary augs, which are better than most augs from actual content, then just uninstall. Also, if you aren't stacking heroics on said augs then definitely uninstall.

I was the one that said this particular comment about why would someone farm that aug , and I stand by my point. The person was level 70 and spent self claimed half a day farming an aug that had 3 mana regen and 90 mana on it. When at level 80 you can get gear off the bazaar that has 800+ mana 29+ mana regen on it for 100p-5kp a piece.

Having raided in EQ in the past myself, augs were something you farm very late game once you've filled out most of your slots with gear you won't be replacing anytime soon. This may have changed recently, but that's just my experience and why I thought it was/is ridiculous that someone would spend that amount of time farming a single aug at level 70.

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

That's not what I'm saying at all, and I don't think anyone else is either. The issue is that sitting naked for 65 levels while a tank merc does all the work for you is not teaching you how to play, most importantly the differences between WoW (zergrush poo poo) and EQ (fuckin chill and go slow). At 65 and 70, some new goons are running into a brick wall of :wtf: because of it, which is what we're talking about. The game's not rocket science, but it does have a lot of weird mechanics that don't show up in other MMOs

The problem here is that the high levels in the guild chat have screamed from day one to "just let your tank merc kill everything, don't bother getting any gear/spells/weapons just let your tank merc kill and do nothing". This happened since day one of the goon rush and my friend Zorl was basically trolled in gchat for asking for 300p to buy a new dagger. Then people get to 50-60 and have no weapons skills, no casting skills, and generally have no idea how to even remotely play their class in any way. Then the guild just grouped up and brute forced around a few zones pushing them even higher with no knowledge of the game.

Luckily myself and Zorl ignored this advice and it's probably why we're still at the "forefront" of the noobie goon rush. Having started the weekend it went free to play, and are level 75 with 350 AA's a piece and still moving forward relatively quickly. Then again Zorl raided with Pandemonium on Zek for years "back in the day" and I raided on and off with him during the same time, so we have a good base of knowledge already.

EDIT: I remember asking for a few plat to buy spells and was basically told "WHY WOULD YOU BUY SPELLS AT LEVEL 10 LOLOLOL UR DUM".

J
Jun 10, 2001

xZAOx posted:

ZAM says he can drop multiple, did that happen for you too?

Yup, he dropped 3 of them when I was there. I think the other 2 rotted, oddly enough none of the usual monk crew was around at the time :(

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Here, read this:

Amazing info! Thanks for the help. Apparently the sony forums link doesn't work for me, and neither do any of my old sony forums links.

Bahanahab fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 26, 2012

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
We have some people playing on Zek currently! Send Bigandimportant or Ubuh a tell in game, or introduce yourself around here.

We're currently around level 70-75, but we have a number of characters at various levels.

The PVP has been pretty solid so far and we've had no problems finding it if we want it. We're playing a Shaman and Bard duo primarily so we tend to be unkillable. The downside is we're not really threatening. We can kill people's mercs and run them out of mana, but we can't really seal the deal.

If anyone wants to jump in as a DPS class with us, it'd be great.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

RCarr posted:

I better be able to get them to transfer me off test before that deal runs out!

Who are you on Test? The "go to" server is Luclin, correct?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
Apparently I have like 67 booster packs for LoN. Any decks have worthwhile loot cards I should look into? (monk/wizard)

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Bahanahab posted:

Also, did they change the agro mechanic of the SK fear spells? I remember one of the best ways to generate agro on a SK was using the fear spell that maxed out on mobs level 52, because it wouldn't land but would still generate the agro. When I tried doing that the mob just went to my cleric the moment it casted 1 heal spell. I'm now using the level 11 clinging darkness and the level 33 terror line for agro generation, but still having to taunt mobs off my casters every now and then. I just remember sk's having much better agro generation last time I played.

Yeah don't use fear spells anymore for aggro. That's what terrors are for. SK is still the top aggro king of the game for sure. I generally keep my newest terror and the previous both up. Their cooldowns are so fast you can alternate back and forth if you REALLY need to.

Sadly tanks are harder to make competent than ever. Mob damage SKYROCKETS past 80 and tank mercs keep up fine with no time investment. If it weren't for the sheer fun I get out of playing my SK, I'd have joined the crowd and gone full DPS with mercs.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
So I noticed that my pet zones with me and is still there after I camp. I suppose that means persistent minion and suspended minion are completely useless?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Vomik posted:

So I noticed that my pet zones with me and is still there after I camp. I suppose that means persistent minion and suspended minion are completely useless?

I don't know what purpose persistent minion may have now, but suspended minion can still be of use for at least one trick.

Basically you can set up a pet, buffs/gear/etc, suspend it, then cast a new pet to actually use. Now you have a backup pet ready to be spawned at a moment's notice if anything happens to your active pet.

The337th fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 27, 2012

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Carl Seitan posted:

Who are you on Test? The "go to" server is Luclin, correct?

I had a chanter named RCarr and a Monk named Miley Cyrus. And yes, I'll be going to Luclin.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Miley Cyrus is the best monk name.

For anyone not online's info - bottom guild rank is now muted. High ranks feel free to stick idiots there, I'm tired of seeing guild chat trolled and spammed with retarded poo poo from the same couple people, then having to answer 15 other people's /tells asking me why the gently caress they're so obnoxious. Pants Shitter is now time out for being terrible at life

Edit - Issue solved, grow up or go back to dota or whatever. Guild harmony restored

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 27, 2012

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Goon riddance we got rid of those people who joked around in guild chat over the course of ten lines of text. I bet we showed those fuckers a thing or two about how community works!

In other news, if you see someone who needs help...don't help them. /t Kodaji because he's apparently in the business in resolving conflicts for other people.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

No, ask me in serverwide chat, I'll help solve all your problems.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Screenshot teaser of the ending!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

No, ask me in serverwide chat, I'll help solve all your problems.

He will. It starts with hand and ends with jobs. You get showered with money! If you close your eyes, it's just like trying over and over to eat a hotdot superglued to a wall

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Posting here for verification - Defaults

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

^^^ Shoot someone a tell for invite sir

<Stop Shawn Kodaji Wooley> is the best guild name.

Edit - hahah make more nerdrage guilds for us to laugh at

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Mar 27, 2012

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yay, guild drama!

:munch:

In other news, got my Epic 2.0 yesterday, big thanks (yet again) to Kodaji for all the help with my fights :D.

Yesterday me and Dakkith went to Paw. I haven't been there since the revamp. On the good side, we killed every corner and nook and cranny of Paw in about an hour, just running around with mercs slaughtering all we saw. It was a lot of fun. On the bad side, I hate the new Paw :(. I'm sure there's some lore behind it, but gnolls are much more interesting to whack on instead of the stupid elementals.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Peechka posted:

How bout transfers from one account to another? do they even do those?

Also Ive been doing some reading and im at a quandry when to stop to do some AA grinding. My Ranger is Lv73 right now with about roughly 200 AA. Should I stop now and grind a few more hundred? Im reading that if I dont stop now, the mobs will get too difficult later to do easy grinds.

Also, how many AA is considered sufficient and at what levels? I mean with like 10K? AA available how many would I need to be viable without all the other crap not necessary for a viable char strictly for DEF and OFF.

Yeah, you can still transfer account to account. From what I read, you need to buy a Char Transfer Token, then /petition and say that you wish to transfer. A GM will then handle the process manually. No idea why it's so complex.

About AAs, it's not like mobs will suddenly crush you if you skimp on AAs, leaving you useless. Worst case, if you ding lvl X, go to a new zone and find out it's too tough but are then too high level for the previous zone, you can kill yourself, lose the level, and go back to grinding AA there.

How are you doing right now? If you're doing okay and feel ready to move on, try testing the waters in a higher level zone and see how it goes. If it's too tough, grind some more defensive and offensive AAs, and check up if you have your latest necessary spells (don't buy every spell - they're expensive). At your level though, you should be able to easily handle Paw or Plane of Fire with little to no AA, albeit a little slowly, and those are great zones all the way to level 80. Then you can headshot for massive AA in PoF or easily grind mass mobs in Paw, providing you get some upgraded gear.

There might technically be around 6-7k AA to choose from, but many of them are way unnecesary. I'm not sure about rangers, but you know... max Headshot and archery AAs and go to town, problem solved! I bet 500 AA at lvl 80 should be fine to be able to perform decently in melee, but if you just want to Headshot, 150 should be enough. My ranger at lvl 79 could HS in Plane of Fire without a prob with 100 AA.

Stack of Scabs
Jan 20, 2006

i got 25 niggas runnin up on yall

Not Grover posted:

Farming augs is only worth it if you plan on staying in that level range for a long time not really worth it until later on. I do recommend picking up any augs that you come across in your hot zone leveling (all of the hot zones have an aug that drops zone wide, by the way) and slot them into whatever you anticipate to be your longest lasting piece of gear will be, but don't waste any time that you could be grouping/xping/doing something worthwhile on farming augs that will be of marginal benefit and quickly replaced later on.

I don't know what the gently caress he's talking about with "stacking" heroics either. Yeah, ideally, you want heroic stats on your augs, but I'm pretty sure that once you hit 80, all of the augs have heroic stats on them, so it's not like you have to pick and choose and be really selective. As you near max level, there are augs that have some AC/no AC and are suited for melee/casters as a result, but that doesn't come until later and is really painfully obvious if you look at the stats on the aug at all. Even if you're a melee and you pick up what would be optimally a "caster" aug, it still doesn't matter that much unless you're trying to tank. More HP/Mana/Endurance is generally always good, for everyone.

I'm talking about choosing augs that have the best heroic(s) for your class and using mostly augs with a high amount of that heroic stat. I should have said that this is for people 80ish+, since most augs with heroics aren't going to be dropping for you until then.

As a rogue, all of my augs have a nice amount of strength on them, giving me close to 900 strength unbuffed. Strength = more damage. I don't care about HP/AC TOO much as a rogue. I shouldn't be getting hit in the first place. My damage output is most important and I can dish out 47k dps on a good named fight as a result. Stacking heroics is definitely something you should be doing when you're able.

Anyway, here's a quick list of anniversary augments. They're available around until mid april i believe:

Glowing Lena Fete Rune is a result of this easy quest. Basically you just run around for a few hours picking up ground spawns in Sunrise Hills. The first 2 on the list are the rarest.

Beveled Mithril Gear Set and Mana Laminated Gear set are from this quest. Do it once and choose an aug for your reward, do it again and get the other one. The mobs that drop the pieces that you need hit like trucks, but you should be able to slide into a group and mooch or just run from group to group looking for rotting pieces. The mobs that drop these pieces spawn around/from the Mechamatic Guardian in Dragonscale Hills.

Polished Stone of the Eleventh Hour and Golden Nugget of the Eleventh Hour come from this raid. It's a pretty straightforward event. Maybe try and organize a pickup raid to tackle it if you're high enough.

Peechka posted:

Max out headshot right now and level to 81. Max out headshot again for that level and head to Plane of Fire. You can grind out AA's at Castle 2 and Field 2 for some nice exp. If I remember right it's about 25% exp per kill. Also you want to equip a fast bow. Damage doesn't matter since you'll be insta killing these things with headshot. If you can get your hands on a Bow of the Destroyer, then you're set!

Stack of Scabs fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 27, 2012

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Stack of Scabs posted:

Anyway, here's a quick list of anniversary augments. They're available around until mid april i believe:

While I'm under the level listed, I'm going to try hailing anyways and see if they'll let me do them or not. It'd be nice to bank the easy ones, even at my level I can pick poo poo up off the ground while FD'ing off baddies, or mooch off a group.

Anywhos, again, bored at work. I wish EQ had some online calculators or something to play with for AAs, oh well.

So I was wondering about some of the more "general" AAs. A lot of these seem like they're worthwhile from my limited knowledge, but noone ever recommends them.

I'm guessing it's a case of them being useful, but not really until you're at max level and all your more class-specific DPS/utility AAs are maxed out?

Earthen / Dreamlike / Veiled stats (raises stat cap 5 points per rank) - seems like Planar Power would be better first
General Sturdiness (100hp per rank until 20, then 200hp per rank)
Innate Regen - I actually have a few points in this from PoP (I only got 12 AA), when it was considered "mandatory" for all monks
Mystical Shield (5% chance to resist any spell) - just one rank. Seems like it might be nice for pulling, then again, pulling is a lot easier now with AE mez and stonewall
Natural Durability (2, 5, 10% more hp, then 1% more per rank) - seems like 3 ranks wouldn't be a waste. More HP is always good, right?
Planar Power (max all stat caps by 5 per rank) - Are stats really such a small thing that this isn't a good AA until way later? Seems like more str and sta (hp) per rank would make this one pretty sweet. Defiant gear way maxes everything currently
Ingenuity / Empowered Ingenuity - I'm not really sure what this is saying. Does this make damage procs on weapons hit harder, or is it saying it'll add a damage proc to your weapon?
Hardy Endurance - I seem to run out of Endurance pretty quick when using all my discs regularly, but seems like that might be resolved with later discs.
Heightened Awareness (you can block from behind) - be nice for pulling...then again, with the Run AAs, may not matter anymore
Heightened Endurance (end regen) - Right now it seems like it'd be really useful.
Phyiscal Enhancement (more hp, avoidance, and mitigation) - seems like a nice defensive AA? Only has one rank according to ZAM
Unflinching Resolve (resist stuns) - god I hate stuns.
Burst of Power (increases triple attack by 5 points per rank)

Part of the reason I'm asking is because I wanted to chill at 70 a little longer, and most of the suggested monk AAs that I haven't gotten already at this point require more levels for me to get. I still have a few more lines I can work on, but not hundreds of AAs worth.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
I'm still on test, mostly since i'm one of those players who plays for a month then quits (for last 4-5 years or so) and because test is currently free gold accounts, all xpacs, all vet rewards, double exp, etc for everyone, which makes my month playing more enjoyable. Don't know if they intend to remove gold for everyone or not.

Currently playing my 3 mages who are 64-65ish now and my 85 shaman/mage/bard 3 box :)

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Yesterday me and Dakkith went to Paw. I haven't been there since the revamp. On the good side, we killed every corner and nook and cranny of Paw in about an hour, just running around with mercs slaughtering all we saw. It was a lot of fun. On the bad side, I hate the new Paw :(. I'm sure there's some lore behind it, but gnolls are much more interesting to whack on instead of the stupid elementals.
That definitely was a fun time wrecking everything in that zone. We even had a room to full of free loot waiting as we looped around from those AFKers! As I was one of the casualties in Kodajishima we'll have to add each other to friend lists since /guild will no longer work. Bummer that "some people" were "annoyed" by "some things" ...in a goon guild.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Why is a goon removing other goons from a goon guild? This seems. ..So familiar.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

A refuge was created last night for all the poor lonely goon outcasts. The guild is called "Guild Harmony Restored" because it represents our desire for harmony amongst all the varied and beautiful races of norrath. We're a light RP guild, and we consider ourselves more in line with the powers of Entropy and Chaos. Many of our members are also good-aligned, as a show of the complexity and naturalism in the modern world.

This guild values a familiar decorum, helpful attitudes, high ethical decernment, powerful use of gameplay and lore in character development, and we will be instituting a strict DKP program (Donkey Kong Points) anyone who is seen acting up will gain some Donkey Kong points and when you earn enough the guild Enchanter will put a hypothetical dunce cap on you with some... suggestive illusions.

We are still deciding on the physical location of our weekly guild meetings. Right now some strong suggestions are Theatre of Blood, Stonehive, and Dragon Necropolis. We feel that these zones have the right mix of flavor and geomantic resonance to help us become the tightest group of friends possible. We've decided to take our guild leadership policies directly from the Halfling critical theorist Jacques Derrida Furryfoot, so it will be a socialist form of leadership. After one day, every member is given a personality quotient to determine if they are going to try to troll ( a big nono ) or be an active (but silent!) participator in the guild. If you pass the quotient, you will be given full guild rights.

This seems like the only fair way to keep everyone happy. Just remember, if you want to play you're going to need to UNDERSTAND HOW THIS GAME WORKS. This means no rogues pulling, no laughing at the things, no dying and no asking questions. Just LEARN TO PLAY YOUR CLASS, and you'll get along fine with the rest of us. Thanks. Please send tells to Dakkith, Caignon, Vexthorne, Zancii, Tesserae, Vexar, Dizzdizz, Chen, Anime, Dino or Nero for invites and more information about our raid schedule.

EDIT: We are looking for a web designer who can make us a nice guild website!

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 27, 2012

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

HAHAHAHAHAH there is now officially a F2P scrub guild and a non-scrub guild. Goon Guild splits own. Also whichever one of you raided our guild bank, enjoy that suspension, because a bunch of us just petitioned it. You guys keep rockin on with your low post counts, FYAD spam, spam begging for help, and entire lack of understanding of the game.

Whichever one of you still had alts I missed in the guild last night knows who the "silent" complainers are, since guild chat turned into a wave of THANK YOU FOR BOOTING THOSE IDIOTS soon after you left :bigtran:

@Pon - no idea who you are in game, but it was due to overwhelming popular opinion due to most of the guild being sick of seeing the same few people dumping stupid poo poo into guild chat and failing at basic poo poo then begging for help every 2 minutes. Nothing special, just culling of the herd. Ascending Fearboners lost 3 people who ever said a word, their alts, and some random join4guilds. We're still the same, just less FYAD (as you can see above)

Edit - Caig and Zancii are still in Fearboners, not sure why you're listing their names but keep going :v:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 27, 2012

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Pick one night to log out early and I missed everything drat, I don't care or know what the gently caress happened but everyone should be joining the chat channel and maybe once tempers have cooled we can all be bros again.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Beo posted:

Pick one night to log out early and I missed everything drat, I don't care or know what the gently caress happened but everyone should be joining the chat channel and maybe once tempers have cooled we can all be bros again.

It's just the 3 annoying people and their alts, that's it. Everyone else is still bros. We've already replaced them with more new goons than 3, so net gain + no obnoxious poo poo that causes me to be flooded with tells about how annoying they are + Flare will be happy

Viivac
Jan 5, 2005

I need a cheaper hobby
Could anyone invite me? Ampli the bard in game. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Also whichever one of you raided our guild bank

All personal issues aside, whatever they may be, that's seriously not cool. Everyone donated to that. I mean, it's not like there was anything super special in there, and it was honestly overflowing with poo poo people needed to be taking, as well as lots of just useless stuff, but still.

Again, not about what was taken, just that someone would do that. Grow up.