Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The show never had a flashback to the Trident.

HBO is nothing but fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The show never had a flashback to the Trident.

HBO is nothing but fail.

There haven't exactly been flashbacks in the books, either, just people recounting it, sometimes unreliably/with a bias.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Only good part of the books and they cut it.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
It might have been well-written but it doesn't really matter to the plot. And it won't stop being well-written if they don't show it. Showing it might even make it worse.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'd probably prefer reading about Robert's Rebellion to the current plot.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can we get a comic or something that's just Robert's rebellion or Aegon's conquest?

The present time is boring and crap and none of it is going anywhere the main characters might as well get office jobs.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sophia posted:

It might have been well-written but it doesn't really matter to the plot. And it won't stop being well-written if they don't show it. Showing it might even make it worse.

It would unleash unholy hell in the tviv thread so I hope they do it.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Joramun posted:

I always picture him as Heath Ledger in my mind. :allears:

A cadaver?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, at the end of last season I was like "Surely they'll show Ned's flashback(s) when he dies"

What a disappointment.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
They didn't flashback to the Tower of Joy because GRRM is mad people figured out who Jon's parents are and so he's gonna stick to this "Ned banged a milkmaid" thing because he hates his fans and is a bad writer.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Can we get a comic or something that's just Robert's rebellion or Aegon's conquest?

The present time is boring and crap and none of it is going anywhere the main characters might as well get office jobs.

But, but, but Winter is Coming or something.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Fog Tripper posted:

But, but, but Winter is Coming or something.

It actually has come in the North already, because you know, there was that big blizzard and all that snow around Winterfell in the last book.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Octy posted:

It actually has come in the North already, because you know, there was that big blizzard and all that snow around Winterfell in the last book.

The weather far outpaced the Others, who are still milling about north of the wall someplace.

<------Jesus Christ. Could they have at least put some thought into this thing before dropping the :10bux:?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

The weather far outpaced the Others, who are still milling about north of the wall someplace.

<------Jesus Christ. Could they have at least put some thought into this thing before dropping the :10bux:?

I just have to ask, how did you get this? :allears:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dead Man Posting posted:

Yes. Do tell.

:suspense:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Yes. Do tell.

:suspense:

I'm going to guess playing devil's advocate for George Zimmerman.

And any custom title that brings to mind a fat, goony looking Ethan Suplee bouncing around in a panel van can't be all bad.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Didn't that lovely PC game that came out a few months ago include Aegon's conquest?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

IRQ posted:

Um, you're forgetting ~~*Daaario*~~

I did not. ~Papa D~ is no person. He is the personification of animal sexuality, the avatar of kavorka, raw primal lust made flesh. He has achieved CHIM.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Urdnot Fire posted:

Didn't that lovely PC game that came out a few months ago include Aegon's conquest?

Hold on, I'll ask the one person that played it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Hold on, I'll ask the one person that played it.

I played it, I have no idea. It was so bad I uninstalled it after like an hour.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

Fog Tripper posted:

Yeah. And I'm not bitter about that at all. I was promised dragons and zombies and all I've gotten has been bloody poo poo, from which the glorious light of ~~My Daaaaario shines feebly to bring us hope. gently caress you, GRRM.

The Others will never come, Winter will never come, Dany will never get back to Westeros and Rickon Stark will never, ever be relevant in any way whatsoever. I bet they paid that poor kid actor in Arby's gift cards.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

empty sea posted:

The Others will never come, Winter will never come, Dany will never get back to Westeros and Rickon Stark will never, ever be relevant in any way whatsoever. I bet they paid that poor kid actor in Arby's gift cards.
I guess they need to knock the wall down before the zombie apocalypse can get going. I suppose the question to ask is how long before Sam blows Jon's horn and tears down that wall.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Factor_VIII posted:

I guess they need to knock the wall down before the zombie apocalypse can get going. I suppose the question to ask is how long before Sam blows Jon's horn and tears down that wall.

Spoiler: Sam won't be the one to blow Jon's horn, it will be E-Double-D.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

bigmcgaffney posted:

Spoiler: Sam won't be the one to blow Jon's horn, it will be E-Double-D.

"I can't believe they're having me do this, I'd much rather sleep or think about sleeping. And if there are horrible consequences to this, they can blame it all on poor old Edd."

Mediant
Dec 23, 2010

In Brightest Day...
In Dankest Night...

empty sea posted:

Are you suggesting that gift cards are not a valid form of payment? I will fight any man that dares suggest. :toughguy:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

empty sea posted:

Yeah. And I'm not bitter about that at all. I was promised dragons and zombies and all I've gotten has been bloody poo poo, from which the glorious light of ~~My Daaaaario shines feebly to bring us hope. gently caress you, GRRM.

I'm betting on Rickon Stark ruling the Seven Kingdoms at the end. He's got a whole storyline missing from ADwD that GRRM wants us to think is irrelevant, but isn't. Besides, everyone else with a claim to the throne is dead/will be dead soon enough.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Octy posted:

I'm betting on Rickon Stark ruling the Seven Kingdoms at the end. He's got a whole storyline missing from ADwD that GRRM wants us to think is irrelevant, but isn't. Besides, everyone else with a claim to the throne is dead/will be dead soon enough.

And Davos being sent to retrieve him sets him up as his new Hand.

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
It would be sort of funny if Davos is killed by Shaggydog :smugdog:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Octy posted:

No, i bet Rickon is going to claim Winterfell but then the north nobles will be all "You were in Skagos, no way we let a CANNIBAL rule over us". Then Lord Manderley will ask them if they want more Frey pies.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Shaggydog needs to bite off Davos' fingers.

:regd09:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Dead Man Posting posted:

Actually wondering what the facts of the Martin/Zimmerman shooting were.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I thought it was pretty obvious, Fog Tripper. Ned Stark called in saying he saw a suspicious looking Black Brother wandering through his lands, and went out to confront him even after being told not to. Less than two minutes later, the young, defenseless Black Brother lay beheaded on the ground and that racist Stark rear end in a top hat claimed it was "duty and honour".

That son of a bitch should get exactly what he gave.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
At first it seemed that bastard Stark would just go without facing consequences, but luckily Robert Obamatheon's time ended and he was succeeded by Joffrey the Just, may the Seven bless his name. He's tough on crime.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Rurik posted:

At first it seemed that bastard Stark would just go without facing consequences, but luckily Robert Obamatheon's time ended and he was succeeded by Joffrey the Just, may the Seven bless his name. He's tough on crime.

Joffrey just uses crime to satiate his bloodlust by turning his court in to a hunger games arena and have them fight to the death.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I feel like the biggest loving idiot in the world right now. I bought part 2 of a Dance with Dragons and was all pumped to start reading it. Only to realise after the first chapter that I already own this, in the full hardback :|

When is the next actual book coming out and what is it called?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no release date, because he hasn't even begun writing, and it's called... Winds of Winter? hosed if I know, the titles are getting shittier as the series goes on.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Demiurge4 posted:

When is the next actual book coming out

Never.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Demiurge4 posted:

I feel like the biggest loving idiot in the world right now. I bought part 2 of a Dance with Dragons and was all pumped to start reading it. Only to realise after the first chapter that I already own this, in the full hardback :|

When is the next actual book coming out and what is it called?

Welcome to the thread!

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 27, 2012

Cardamommy Issues
Feb 16, 2005

I've waited around for more important things
I look forward to Sam getting his rear end eaten alive when he returns to the wall (20 years from now). The descriptions of undead teeth gnawing fat will go on for pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Nimec posted:

I look forward to Sam getting his rear end eaten alive when he returns to the wall (20 years from now). The descriptions of undead teeth gnawing fat will go on for pages.
Now this sounds just like Dwarf Fortress. Samwell Tarly cancels eat : interrupted by wight.