Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Collector
Aug 9, 2011

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Rats raining down in the night during the Stanley Cup finals.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Pillbug
lol, je suis tres fache :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Congrats Canada. Dammit.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
They came out with a good game plan so all credit to them, it just really sucks when we have a roster that talented. Now we finally know how Mexico feels when we beat them dos a cero.

e: I like Caleb Porter and I like that he is very much committed to creating a technical, attacking team but some of his decisions were incredibly spotty. With Bunbury instead of Agudelo, we had absolutely nobody to hold up play so our midfielders could get forward. I would have preferred he tried Boyd over him as he isn't a known quantity. Also, do we really have no decent 19-22 yr old centerbacks?

Aves Maria! fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 25, 2012

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Directorman posted:

this was unnecessary i'm just having a bad footie day

I hear that.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Is the USA game on TV or streaming anywhere?

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

joshtothemaxx posted:

Is the USA game on TV or streaming anywhere?

Mun2 and Universal Sports again. Can't say if it's streaming live on the Universal Sports website but I think the first two were.

e: looks like it: http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=182935f6-db88-4d0d-9f89-55834f41fe23.html

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Ha! Cuba scores a stoppage time equalizer to tie Canada, US win means they (probably undeservedly) top the table.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Win and we avoid Mexico in the semis. Lose or draw and we're out. Pretty simple now.

LaneAveElite
Oct 31, 2010

Howdy posted:

Mun2 and Universal Sports again. Can't say if it's streaming live on the Universal Sports website but I think the first two were.

e: looks like it: http://www.universalsports.com/video/assetid=182935f6-db88-4d0d-9f89-55834f41fe23.html

Is the video player not working for anyone else?

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005

LaneAveElite posted:

Is the video player not working for anyone else?

It's SilverLight (bleh) so make sure you have that installed, but I'm watching at that link currently and they're talking. When the TV feed cuts to commercial, the online goes to the Universal logo, though.

e: commercial now

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Tuned in just in time. :cool:

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Well now this is a bit better.

msj817
Apr 1, 2003

Please help me help you forget about Jozy.
I love you Brek I don't care who knows.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I still don't know if I love or hate Brek's hair.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
:siren: Ronald Cerritos mention :siren:

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

God damnit Hamid. Don't get injured.

Haydez
Apr 8, 2003

EVIL LINK
Fuccccccccccck. Come on

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Oh come the hell on.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Well Caleb Porter is poo poo, I suppose he isn't the next great American coach after all.

Haydez
Apr 8, 2003

EVIL LINK
Another loving one. Yeah the US is beyond poo poo.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Holy loving poo poo what the gently caress is going on

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

CPColin posted:

Tuned in just in time. :cool:

I sure didn't. :(

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

What the poo poo was Hamid doing there, he looks awful. He's gotta be hurt.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Well, there's always next Olympics!

This is embarrassing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Well gently caress me.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Double dukes :(

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

LYE-OONS posted:

Well Caleb Porter is poo poo, I suppose he isn't the next great American coach after all.

I won't just sit here and listen to that kind of talk without defending Caleb Porter's honor. So there. Consider his honor defended.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

wicka posted:

I won't just sit here and listen to that kind of talk without defending Caleb Porter's honor. So there. Consider his honor defended.

Did he coach or go to IU at some point?

Anyways, this team is terrible. Outside of Diskerud, there isn't much hope for future senior team players. Adu is as worthless as he has ever been, our entire defense is terrible, and everyone else ranges from okay to poor. I am amazed that this is (mostly) the same team that put up 6 on Cuba.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Holy poo poo if we don't even advance out of our CONCACAF qualifying group for the loving Olympics :psyduck:

Embarrassing.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Seriously, I don't get the spread out tactics, because it's not working and it feels like we always have 2 overmatched defenders who don't respond well to the counter. Right now, Brek & Adu are working their butts off, but even the crosses in feel like hopes and prayers. This team sucks.

It's not the end of the world if they don't get to the Olympics.

Second half, Caleb should try two forwards up top. Or something.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

RocketLunatic posted:

Second half, Caleb should try two forwards up top. Or something.

Porter should try not playing Okugo, Villafana, and if we have any centerbacks try putting them in instead. Our defense is shambolic.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Nobody on the US team can even pass the loving ball. Everything looks slow and with poor touch.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

joshtothemaxx posted:

Nobody on the US team can even pass the loving ball. Everything looks slow and with poor touch.

It is amazing how different this team looks from the Mexico friendly and the Cuba match. It takes a special kind of incompetence to take a decent team and make them consecutively play like poo poo against Canada and El Salvador.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Nice stop

:(

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

This is idiotic to play Kitchen at center d. He learned defensive midfield all offseason, and primarily played right back all last year. I don't get it. He's bad there.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

joshtothemaxx posted:

This is idiotic to play Kitchen at center d. He learned defensive midfield all offseason, and primarily played right back all last year. I don't get it. He's bad there.

Every player is bad everywhere. This is a horror show

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
ONE MORE COME ONE

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Directorman posted:

Every player is bad everywhere. This is a horror show

touche. Adu is the only bright spot, and that's only about once every 10 minutes.

edit OH poo poo that was nice! COME ON

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Literally the only players worth anything have no time to do anything because we've reverted to a terrible version of boot ball. And apparently Teal is warming up, now. Because what we need right now is the guy with cement blocks for feet.

Seriously, gently caress Porter.

e: Oh, and a goal. Too bad a draw is not good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

THERE'S ONE

COME ON LADS

• Locked thread