Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

This is kind of neat! I have to admit that I'm fond of the silly "HA HA!" sound clip whenever you free your fellow marines but I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That sound (as well as the "AAAAAAHHHHH" alternative taunt) comes from Quake 3, I think. Tank Jr? Not sure.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Yeah, there's a bunch of sounds from Quake. The armor pickups, for one. Duke Nukem's explosions, I think, too.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I want to play Redneck Rampage using the ERampage loader but I don't have the .GRP files since I installed it with my old disc. From what I can tell I have to get the games of GOG to get the .GRP and that is a pile of rear end also I have no money.

loving Hell I just want to YEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW but no Vista hates RR :negative:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Finished DTWID on UV with Brutal Doom. Wasn't too bad. I liked the levels on the whole, but man, there were too many mandatory "running through lava" sections. Especially when they only give you one environment suit to do it with.

Now I'm playing through Doom 2 on UV Fast with Brutal Doom. It's loving hard! Especially since enemies are already faster than normal.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

And Danny Glover gave new life to the thread. gently caress YOURSELF!, Danny.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Fren posted:

Yeah, there's a bunch of sounds from Quake. The armor pickups, for one. Duke Nukem's explosions, I think, too.

the rocket explosion sounds like its from HL1

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kazvall posted:

And Danny Glover gave new life to the thread. gently caress YOURSELF!, Danny.

Is funny how a single voice clip can do that much for an awesome mod. Kinda like the voice of Jon St John in Duke Nukem 3D, that game wouldn't be the same without it.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Where is the soundclip from? Closest thing the Internet tells me is.. Predator 2?

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

sockpuppetclock posted:

Where is the soundclip from? Closest thing the Internet tells me is.. Predator 2?

I spent far too long digging for this clip.

treat posted:

I was watching Predator 2 last week. As it turns out, it's Danny Glover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9dZ2c0bVxw&feature=player_detailpage#t=135s

:thumbsup:

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Brutal Doom + Scythe II UV is really loving challenging to me and I love it.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I think the mod could use more action movie one-liners personally. Maybe throw some Arnold in there. Make them .WAV files recorded straight from audio of movies for that legit 90s Doom mod feel.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Arnold

Voting for "You are one ugly mother fucker."

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Multiple voice packs, please!
"Come quietly or there will be...trouble."
"Drop it!"
-frags-
"Thank you for your cooperation."

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Fren posted:

Brutal Doom + Scythe II UV is really loving challenging to me and I love it.

I was doing just fine through most of Scythe 1 until the last chapter. The third or fourth level in chapter three has two Cyberdemons in a really tiny space, and they do so much goddamned damage now it's ridiculous. I had to give it up there.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

RyokoTK posted:

I was doing just fine through most of Scythe 1 until the last chapter. The third or fourth level in chapter three has two Cyberdemons in a really tiny space, and they do so much goddamned damage now it's ridiculous. I had to give it up there.

EPIC 2 has a map where you end up in an arena with four Cyberdemons, an Arch-Vile, and four small pillars. Then, when you kill all of them, a wall drops with 20-26 Revenants, all machine-gunning heat-seeking missiles at your rear end simultaneously.

I beat it, legit, on UV and Brutal Doom v0.15 beta. Only took me like 15 or 16 tries. :smugdog:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Alright guys the weekend is almost here again, so time to drop me some cool doom wads you'd like to suffer through will all your thread pals!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Dukka posted:

Alright guys the weekend is almost here again, so time to drop me some cool doom wads you'd like to suffer through will all your thread pals!

Well Memento Mori is the classic co-op choice, I think, but something that's tough and has lots of big action would work. Plutonia 2 or Scythe 2, for example.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

We need to play Stronghold, or Master of Puppets.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Chex Quessssst! :woop:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Dukka, we should do a real bad mod night and play crappy mods for Q1, Q2, etc.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Dukka, we should do a real bad mod night and play crappy mods for Q1, Q2, etc.
Ah yes, Quake 2, better known as "enjoy the crash if you so much as take a dip in the water on windows 7".

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

If we're talking Bad Mod Night I'd like to recommend whatdafuck05.wad for Skulltag because it's amazing and needs to be seen.

e: Kazvall back me up here :cmon:

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

tooooooo bad posted:

If we're talking Bad Mod Night I'd like to recommend whatdafuck05.wad for Skulltag because it's amazing and needs to be seen.

e: Kazvall back me up here :cmon:
Target acquired, be ready.

e: 64.121.215.235:10666

Dukka fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 30, 2012

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Whadafuck wad is truly the most amazing mod about smoking crack, throwing explosive bongs, pissing on people and about 1000 other things I don't want to spoil. If I didn't have food poisoning right now I would be playing.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Kazvall posted:

Whadafuck wad is truly the most amazing mod about smoking crack, throwing explosive bongs, pissing on people and about 1000 other things I don't want to spoil. If I didn't have food poisoning right now I would be playing.

Maybe you could put that up this weekend? I'd love to give it a shot if you host it. (I like playing by myself just fine, but it's always fun when a random goon just drops in out of nowhere!)

Edit: VVVV Oh, hey, hopefully it's still up tomorrow. :)

Chinook fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 30, 2012

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dukka posted:

:getin:
oh wait what wtf is going on.
:stare:

capitalCORN
Mar 27, 2005
Sorry, this question is about Darkplaces and Rygel's texture pack. While i've got all other features on, I can't get offset mapping to work; No amount of autoexec.cfg and config.cfg modifications seem to work. Any help?

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

So I finally got around to trying out the AMC TC. How do I get it to unfuck the HUD so that it actually shows me what weapons/ammo/keys I have, rather than flashing it up for a second when I switch weapons?
Do you mean the HUD isn't working at all? Or do you mean you want to get that old long status bar up that normal Duke has? The TC disables the old Duke HUD but I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to see it. If you mean there's no HUD at all, press the -/+ key which enables/disables the HUD ingame.

EDIT: also Kins just a minor thing if you update the OP again soon; AMC TC is standalone like WGR2, incase anybody wants to try it out but doesn't have Duke3D for some reason.

Jblade fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 30, 2012

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I've played around with Brutal Doom v0.16 and some observations so far: The new death animations are pretty amazing--like somebody else mentioned, you can totally go all "Robocop" shotgun-death on the zombies now. And it feels good. There are a bunch of new sounds, like possessed chatter for the former humans, but they've done something strange with the Imps. Can't quite put my finger on it, but their heads feel fatter, and they have more of an alien-demeanor to them. It probably doesn't help that the new sounds for them are some mish-mash of the Xenomorphs from "Aliens" (pretty sure, at least.)

Also, there's an iron-sight feature for the pump action, but I'm on the fence about it. The shotgun just doesn't feel like a weapon that needs ADS features. On the other hand, the grenade launcher has been cleaned up a bit (new sounds and particle effects) and doesn't feel as OP as it used to. You'll still hurt yourself if you use it in close quarters, but it doesn't feel as "cheaty" as it might have before. Also, the Railgun's been buffed, and makes a mess of lesser enemies. Not sure if it's been set up as a drop, however.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wait, a new Brutal Doom version is out? :allears:

Wait, new sounds for the imps? :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Wait, a new Brutal Doom version is out? :allears:

Wait, new sounds for the imps? :(

It's the first test version for 0.16, so I imagine the feedback will involve people complaining about the new imp sounds...I hope. They're not terrible, but they're way too close to Xenomorph sound clips.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Jblade posted:

Do you mean the HUD isn't working at all? Or do you mean you want to get that old long status bar up that normal Duke has? The TC disables the old Duke HUD but I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't be able to see it. If you mean there's no HUD at all, press the -/+ key which enables/disables the HUD ingame.

The HUD is working in the sense that it shows me ammo/health/armour. There's no status bar like the old hud that shows me all of my keys and weapons - there isn't even anything that shows me my currently ready item. If I switch weapons or pick something up, a faint, unreadable display flickers at the top of the screen for about half a second, then vanishes.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Dukka posted:

Oh no did I already miss this :smith:

edit: tracked down the Brutal Doom test version here: http://phenomer.net/hosted/boko/BRUTALDOOMV016Test1.zip
Haven't played with BD for a while, holy butts it's gotten way crazier. I like the new Imp sounds, but I wish he would do something better with the Spectre death thing, when their corpses turn visible. I appreciate the idea I just think that the sprites he used for it look bad.

edit2: it's for Skulltag

edit3: these rapid fire Cyberdemons are super jerks

see you tomorrow fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 31, 2012

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

ToxicFrog posted:

The HUD is working in the sense that it shows me ammo/health/armour. There's no status bar like the old hud that shows me all of my keys and weapons - there isn't even anything that shows me my currently ready item. If I switch weapons or pick something up, a faint, unreadable display flickers at the top of the screen for about half a second, then vanishes.
Trying grabbing the 1.07 patch here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?dczd4gqigcqlz13

What character are you playing as? If you could show me a screenshot as well that'd help since I haven't come across this bug before. There is no long status bar like the Old Duke one that shows all weapons and ammo at once, but the HUDs should definitly show what inventory item you have ready. Some HUDs don't show keys which was a mistake (but there is a PDU you can use to check all of your items and keys)

Jblade fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Mar 31, 2012

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Dukka posted:

Ah yes, Quake 2, better known as "enjoy the crash if you so much as take a dip in the water on windows 7".

:confused: I beat Quake 2 on Windows 7 not too long ago without any issues. Does this not affect the Steam version?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
For anyone that wants the original "gently caress YOURSELF!" back for Brutal Doom, I've made a quick mod that replaces the bad-sounding one in the current versions with the original. You can download it here. It'd be nice if it was added to the OP for convenience's sake.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
I hope you guys like custom Quake levels because I just made a few.
Go download from here.
Huge-rear end screenshot here.
This map breaks a lot of limits, so please use a limit-breaking engine. If you're not sure which one, I can heartily recommend FitzQuake.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Yodzilla posted:

:confused: I beat Quake 2 on Windows 7 not too long ago without any issues. Does this not affect the Steam version?

I finished Q2 with the expansions from my Steam versions just fine on 7 x64 without an issue. I was using an engine mod, but I imagine that's standard for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

closeted republican posted:

For anyone that wants the original "gently caress YOURSELF!" back for Brutal Doom, I've made a quick mod that replaces the bad-sounding one in the current versions with the original. You can download it here. It'd be nice if it was added to the OP for convenience's sake.

Just one page ago.