Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

HAHAHAHAHAH there is now officially a F2P scrub guild and a non-scrub guild. Goon Guild splits own. Also whichever one of you raided our guild bank, enjoy that suspension, because a bunch of us just petitioned it. You guys keep rockin on with your low post counts, FYAD spam, spam begging for help, and entire lack of understanding of the game.

Whichever one of you still had alts I missed in the guild last night knows who the "silent" complainers are, since guild chat turned into a wave of THANK YOU FOR BOOTING THOSE IDIOTS soon after you left :bigtran:

@Pon - no idea who you are in game, but it was due to overwhelming popular opinion due to most of the guild being sick of seeing the same few people dumping stupid poo poo into guild chat and failing at basic poo poo then begging for help every 2 minutes. Nothing special, just culling of the herd. Ascending Fearboners lost 3 people who ever said a word, their alts, and some random join4guilds. We're still the same, just less FYAD (as you can see above)

Edit - Caig and Zancii are still in Fearboners, not sure why you're listing their names but keep going :v:

This goon guild drama is amusing. I am Minaj/Zanzabar on Firiona, Gnocolm/Ssirious on Luclin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

xZAOx posted:

All personal issues aside, whatever they may be, that's seriously not cool. Everyone donated to that. I mean, it's not like there was anything super special in there, and it was honestly overflowing with poo poo people needed to be taking, as well as lots of just useless stuff, but still.

Again, not about what was taken, just that someone would do that. Grow up.

Can't really expect anything more from the people I kicked, that's why they got kicked. There's huge precedent for it though, so in a day our guild bank will be restored and someone's getting suspended/banned, so no big. Already 5+ petitions from various people, so I doubt it even takes that long.

I figured it would happen so pulled all the remotely expensive stuff out, all the puppet strings and poo poo, but left everything else so one of them would get banned (I'm a dick). Grand total we lost like 500p of low level defiant which we'll get back, plus someone else gets stuck with a suspension, so in general it's a total victory and we can laugh at them more

Edit - SOE already responded and is investigating who took it all, said give them a couple hours and our bank will be fully restored though they couldn't comment on the suspensions

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 27, 2012

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
I'm missing all the fun drama :gonk:

Scurvard
Feb 19, 2007

gepgepgep posted:

Screenshot teaser of the ending!

I was kicked about 2 lines after this for saying "psyche!!" Sorry for dropping cool 90's kid slang.

It's crappy about the guild bank but as a decidedly casual player and f2p scrub its weird to see goons take EQ so seriously. Its been my first time doing the SA MMO guild thing. Is it like this in every game?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Can't really expect anything more from the people I kicked, that's why they got kicked. There's huge precedent for it though, so in a day our guild bank will be restored and someone's getting suspended/banned, so no big.
Feel free to spread all the propaganda you want, the people you kicked was nothing more than you being incapable of handling criticism or mockery. You spend over an hour fussing in guild chat and pissing with chat ranks because you can't handle something two people said as a joke in /gu? For someone who's been stuck in Norrath since 1999 I would have assumed you've heard of the /ignore command.

The best part is that a lot of your issues stem from how loving hypocritical and flip-floppy you are. When I started out on F2P day one your advice for everyone was to "let the mercs PL you up". Like it's already been stated, asking about weapons or armor was shot down as "a waste of platinum". You've created many of the problems yourself by promoting boxing/mercing over us actually grouping up. The ones that you kicked were the ones who were constantly playing 1 character and grouping up with as many goons as we could incorporate. Also, if anything does come of that guild bank situation it'll be a loving joke, seeing as how many of us were ones who dumped items into it. I know I kept an eye out on the Bazaar continually for good buys of weapons/armor to throw in for the current level ranges.

poo poo really hit the fan when I addressed the guild after a kick by stating the following (gross paraphrase as I regretfully wasn't thinking I'd need to screencap this):
"To whoever loving "sent tells" to Kodaji, please inform me if I am doing something that annoys or irritates you. Or better yet, use the /ignore command if my annoyance is such an issue for you."

Of course, this resulted in a bigger spergsplosion from Kodaji. Fun times with some of you Fearboners, but I don't think I'll come back into the North Korean guild despite the good people that remain.

Edit: Here's the full text for the conclusion of the night. This is when goons were at their gooniest, mocking and trolling for the lunacy of the situation. I put the full text in, with what should be text bridging gaps so that it's entirely complete. I don't want to put a spin on this, I want it open for everyone to see how it unfolded...because throughout all of that text I don't see any goons calling us out for being "annoying". What I do see is a bunch of rather funny poo poo being said and one goon who finds humor to be anathema.

gepgepgep fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 27, 2012

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Meanwhile, some of us are spending time playing and having fun.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Well I guess I'll be transferring off of Luclin and joining you guys on the server wide channel. Sucks I wasted that money to get to Luclin, but honestly I came to gently caress around with goons and call each other shitlords and make each other mad, you know normal goon fun in any other goon game, because if I wanted a guild that didn't let me do that I had one over on Tunare, and they gave away a lot of plat. So it's been fun bros, see you on serverwide.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

lemonslol posted:

Well I guess I'll be transferring off of Luclin and joining you guys on the server wide channel. Sucks I wasted that money to get to Luclin, but honestly I came to gently caress around with goons and call each other shitlords and make each other mad, you know normal goon fun in any other goon game, because if I wanted a guild that didn't let me do that I had one over on Tunare, and they gave away a lot of plat. So it's been fun bros, see you on serverwide.

Yeah I think I'm gonna migrate too.

gepgepgep posted:

Edit: Here's the full text for the conclusion of the night. This is when goons were at their gooniest, mocking and trolling for the lunacy of the situation. I put the full text in, with what should be text bridging gaps so that it's entirely complete. I don't want to put a spin on this, I want it open for everyone to see how it unfolded...because throughout all of that text I don't see any goons calling us out for being "annoying". What I do see is a bunch of rather funny poo poo being said and one goon who finds humor to be anathema.

And here I thought you got kicked because "of a joke" :hfive:

E: OH poo poo YOU'RE DAKKITH? god drat I mistook you for another cool guy. Anyways shine on you amazing man.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 27, 2012

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Goons are weird. So who left besides people that either got really irritating or never talk in guildchat? I don't notice a difference when I log on from before the schism

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Dracneir posted:

Goons are weird. So who left besides people that either got really irritating or never talk in guildchat? I don't notice a difference when I log on from before the schism

I hang around in the guild to ask for questions and such but I think i'm gonna sever.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
I guess word didn't get around about how much I loving hate when in-game drama is imported to the forums. Do you guys need me to lay it out for you?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

gepgepgep posted:

Did you seriously just post a 7 page long screenshot chat log? As a serious justification for something? REALLY?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

jetz0r posted:

Did you seriously just post a 7 page long screenshot chat log? As a serious justification for something? REALLY?

Why not? isn't it the truth?

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Any goons creeping on 80 should let me know I think I should be able to outfit quite a few people in t1 hot gear soon or at least fill a few slots.

I'd also like to do a dragons dragons dragons run for everyone over say 75 this weekend.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Anyone know if you can target a specific extended target number with a macro? I know I can set a button for it in the options, but I want to do it in the in game macro commands.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006

Beo posted:

Any goons creeping on 80 should let me know I think I should be able to outfit quite a few people in t1 hot gear soon or at least fill a few slots.

I'd also like to do a dragons dragons dragons run for everyone over say 75 this weekend.

My beastlord should be 80+ by this weekend. Working on defensive AAs right now though. Only 100-150 more to get then I'm going to unlock. Xasraik in game. Would appreciate any free gear!

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Beo posted:

Brumans is only 70, but I'll still happily bank gear for later ><

Please tell me more about this dragons dragons dragons run. I really want to take my time and enjoy content, but I hate missing out on things due to my level.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Beo posted:

Dragons3 isn't up this year, maybe during the summer.

However, the 11th raid, Steel Behemoths, is one groupable at 95 and everyone gets some sweet augs from that. Once you guys get a few more high levels, you could probably host a pickup raid on that.

Creative Bicycle
Apr 19, 2001

I have a hole!
I'm 76 on my monk and sham, was going to get another ~100 or so aa before heading to 80 (at about 400 on both right now), but if we're doing something cool this weekend that requires 80+ I can probably swing that.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I would address it early on because this is exactly what happened in other goon guilds. The high end elites decided to leave for raid guilds because they got frustrated with new players, the lowbies stopped playing, and most of the casuals stopped playing because the guild was dead at that point. It's like history repeating itself, drat. You guys have a good guild going, just lay down some ground rules so that people know whats expected, and try and reconcile. There are private channels that every clique can /join so this shouldn't be a big issue.

I do find it a bit ironic that with how much you guys enjoy trolling general chat this is such an issue. Maybe that's what encourages the annoying fyad memes? The general tone that you've set up in this thread with the trolling fests, etc? Either way, you should all lay down some guild ground rules and go back to being bros, it's probably just a misunderstanding of guild tone.

I also didn't mean to pick on anyone regarding the rush to 80 thing. poo poo, the examples I used were from FV so definitely wasn't singling goons out. I was just commenting about how I think people are going to hit a roadblock at 70ish because the game changes pretty rapidly, and how best to prepare people for that

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 28, 2012

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Dang I really wanted to kill some damned dragons, I don't think we'll get a big enough force for steel behemoth :(

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

That's what the pickup part of the raid is for. We started with 2 groups of alts and from inviting others we ended up with 44 in raid and it was loving easy.

Healing for: Slippry -vs- Combined: Zephyr Steel Behemoth: -- Slippry: 500907 -- Gout: 167160 -- Kimer: 77365 -- Redrose: 50093 -- Fritzen: 43091 -- Frosten: 32219 -- Crystilla: 15719 -- Lithgor: 6632

Tanking summary for: Slippry - Total damage: 880190 - Avg hit: 3465 - Swings: 1013 - Defended: 538 (53.1%) - Hit: 254 (25.1%) - Missed: 221 (21.8%) - Accuracy: 53.5% - Dodged: 162 (25.4%) - Parried: 192 (20.4%) - Blocked: 71 (7%) - Riposted: 113 (15.1%) - Absorbed: 0 (0%)

That's for the last 6 robots, averaged out to me taking 2kdps. All that self healing is from 2 SK epic clicks and pretty much means I could have gone the last 2 fights without heals. You basically just need 1 decent tank and 1-2 healers on them and you're golden.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Looks like I picked the best(worst?) time to take a week off from EQ.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Guys, let the drama go before you start getting probated here as well as EQ, jesus :rolleyes: No high levels left for raid guilds, it's just the same 3 F2P stirring the pot over and over.

I'm down for some steel behemoth this weekend for sure. What was Slippry's max hit taken? 2kDPS is cake to heal through but I have a feeling me or Beo would be taking some nasty rounds.

I'm fresh out of HoT gear after passing it out for the last couple days, but I should have another big chunk again in a day or two, too. HoT lower is spawning nameds like CRAZY right now

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Hmmm, maybe I'll just stay on Test.

Bugamol
Aug 2, 2006
Just wanted to chime in to say that they're are still ALOT of people in the "goon guild". I missed the drama so can't comment on it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

We did Steel Behemoths again, and this time it turned into a giant robot anime. Or the amazing movie Robot Jox if you prefer.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Holy crap that's your UI? You can't see anything!

Went back to Paw again tonight with Arai. This time the zone was empty except for us, and while I still would rather fight gnolls, it was more fun. There's areas were like 6-8 roamers all path through...guess how we found out! Fun times, and got close.

For anyone else there, the named guys that drop an orb, get the 4 types, and turn them in to the person at the front. Easy 60 HEM aug. Nothing great, but hey, 60 free hp.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Bugamol posted:

Just wanted to chime in to say that they're are still ALOT of people in the "goon guild". I missed the drama so can't comment on it.

We only lost 3 people total, the other 70+ are all still in and having fun, so feel free to head on over from Test!

Gundamquest screenshot owns but I gotta agree, holy poo poo that UI son

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

jetz0r posted:

We did Steel Behemoths again, and this time it turned into a giant robot anime. Or the amazing movie Robot Jox if you prefer.

Am I ever going to have my UI filled to the brim like this? :stonk:

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
I think that I am going to have to check this out.

After reading the OP, I find myself faced with a wave of nostalgia, much like the first several pages of comments. I didn't even realize EQ1 still existed outside of the emulations. I guess I always just assumed it was rolled into EQ2 and that was the end of it. Guess after the pain of "Gates of Discord" and the end of super enchanter pets, I just assumed it couldn't go on.

Does feel strange to hear that the trinity (war+clr+ench) is broken. And still makes me sad that pally didnt find more use, even after normalizations.

Are there any reasons to do LDON instances? When last I played those were vital leveling and gearing steps. And it seems that having mercs would make them obscenely easy to grind.

Yes low post count so feel free to haze as needed :)

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Sgt Froggy posted:

Are there any reasons to do LDON instances? When last I played those were vital leveling and gearing steps. And it seems that having mercs would make them obscenely easy to grind.

No, up until the last year some classes had to do LDON's because they were the only way to get some important spells (or you could pay 100k in the bazaar if someone researched the spell).

The gear from them is outclassed by the defiant gear.

The only thing that really made them great back when they were current content was that instanced zones meant not having to deal with 80 other people kill stealing, training the zone line and generally being an rear end. You could grind an LDoN with 2 to 5 of your friends. EQ is a ghost town and even hotzones will have like 30 people in there at the max and the spawn rate is high enough to where 30 people can xp in a hot zone.

And mercs can't enter an instanced zone anyways.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Dizz posted:

Am I ever going to have my UI filled to the brim like this?

Oh god no, not unless you want to for some reason. His resolution seems low (most everyone can do 19x12 these days, I'd assume), and if you use different UI mods (many of us use Savok, linked in the OP), some of those windows get smaller. You can also make them partially transparent, which makes more of the game world come through. I think a few pages back some people posted screenshots of their UI.

Sgt Froggy posted:

I think that I am going to have to check this out.

After reading the OP, I find myself faced with a wave of nostalgia, much like the first several pages of comments. I didn't even realize EQ1 still existed outside of the emulations. I guess I always just assumed it was rolled into EQ2 and that was the end of it. Guess after the pain of "Gates of Discord" and the end of super enchanter pets, I just assumed it couldn't go on.

Does feel strange to hear that the trinity (war+clr+ench) is broken. And still makes me sad that pally didnt find more use, even after normalizations.

:regd12:

So, also as a newly returning player, if you're looking for PURE nostalgia, and not really intending to "get into it", I'd recommend Project1999. We even have a thread about it somewhere here in the MMO HMO. Granted, you're talking about LDON, so depending on when you started, Project1999 might be "before your time".

But the current EQ is vastly different from it's original incarnation. It's a much, much more accessible and forgiving game, until (from what I've heard) you get into the last 10-15 levels of grouping and the raid game, where it starts getting srsfaec on you. Some remnants of old EQ remain - I still find myself in first person pretty often, the old music is still there in lots of places, I still need to be somewhat careful in some places, I'm still hailing and walking text trees with "what keyword?" making sure I'm actual in the text box before hitting enter, and it's not like I can pull 20 dark blue mobs and take a nap. Most importantly - the game is still most fun when in a group, which is what EQ was always about.

That said, I'm really, really enjoying my time here. The ability to solo / molo (solo'ing but with a merc) is a great addition, but never stopped me at least from inviting someone else to exp with. If anything, it makes it easier to group, whereas before 2 dps classes couldn't do anything together.

While EQ always had the "most efficient" group configurations, it was never, ever set in stone in my play time. You needed someone who could heal, someone who could do some sort of tanking, sure. But EQ was great about utility. Bards were a great example - they couldn't do anything great, but they could do TONS of things really well. A good bard made a good group awesome. Or you'd get groups with two druids trading healing duties (as the other medded, heh). Or monks, bards, rangers, etc could tank in a pinch.

The real "ALL GROUPS MUST HAVE A DEDICATED TANK AND HEALER" nonsense started up with WoW, and WoW absolutely hates utility. Everyone has to be measured by a bar and a mod that shows their bar being bigger than everyone else's bar, so goodbye utility classes. Three cookie-cutter roles, and everyone has to be equal in that role.

And noone gives a poo poo about LDON instances, unless it's to run them for fun. But I can't imagine running it for gear.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sgt Froggy posted:

Overall there isn't, unless you just really love the theme. One notable item is the slot 3 Dodge mod. aug from the everfrost LDON merchant. Basically a must have for a tank or melee, though farming the 760 points for it is much faster in the 60s/70s. Mercs can totally enter a "group" instance with you, they are only barred from raid type things.

On Paladins: at high levels with a good player they are hardly useless. They basically just aren't near as sexy as shadowknights, and don't have the same synergy when grouped with a healer merc and/or healer box.

A huge part to me would be fake death, Pallies get no aggro dropping ability resembling this for a long time, and even when you get something, it isn't quite as versatile. Also your gimmick killing / solo fodder of choice is more limited. Shadowknights have lots of options for their swarm killing gimmick while a Paladin is basically limited to what undead they can find, which are few and far between in high levels of everquest. Undead swarming in general won't even get near the stuff shadownknights can do, a paladin doesn't have the same abilities required to pull off that insanity.

That being said, in the challenging higher levels of EQ, all those TONS of options pallies have for healing are useful. Stuns can still trivialize content, though anything really challenging will probably be immune or just too high level. A bit of class utility was restored as of the House of Thule expansion, Pacify finally got an updated version as a relevant pulling tool, and pally fade isn't a bad ability at all. You also have several options for AA and disc based DPS where in the past it was limited to one weak dps disc.

You can still solo xp decently as a Paladin, since you can find some undead and truly solo if you're geared/AA'd enough to be your own healer, cutting a merc out of the process is a very significant xp gain.

Of course this is where I admit I played a Paladin as a sole main for 5 years and 85 levels before rolling a ranger alt and finding out I had twice as much fun as a class that had way more utility and dps.

TL;DR: If you want the power class no matter what, play an SK. If you love paladins or something, go wild, you won't be useless if you're good. The number 1 challenge in high levels of EQ is needing a capable tank, if you put the work in a Paladin does just fine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
LDONs on Rallos Zek were huge...you got to XP without having to worry about getting attacked (which, if you were in a PK guild, was a constant thing to look out for), and the augs, no matter what the stats, were highly sought after because when you applied them to gear the gear became no drop. That meant you couldn't get it looted off you if you got killed.

Of course, it sucked as a PK'er for the same reasons.

Stack of Scabs
Jan 20, 2006

i got 25 niggas runnin up on yall

Sgt Froggy posted:

Are there any reasons to do LDON instances?

The slot 3 +8% to dodge aug and some +% specialization aug for casters. Most non-visible gear has a slot 3 nowadays.

Sgt Froggy
Mar 22, 2012
I started lurking my way through the Project1999 thread when I noticed this one get bumped to the top. Ive seen the emulator things before but the private server controlled by this person or that group always seems to be full of drama.

I have spent the morning trying to remember old emails and passwords. I did in fact find the old three ring binder full of printed maps. Lguk was full of scribbles and SolB had spawn times all over it.

Made me giggle.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sgt Froggy posted:

I started lurking my way through the Project1999 thread when I noticed this one get bumped to the top. Ive seen the emulator things before but the private server controlled by this person or that group always seems to be full of drama.

I have spent the morning trying to remember old emails and passwords. I did in fact find the old three ring binder full of printed maps. Lguk was full of scribbles and SolB had spawn times all over it.

Made me giggle.

I wish I still had all this stuff. I do still have the cloth map that came with Kunark though.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
I miss my old EQ Atlas book thing that came out when PoP was released. Had every zone in the game with pics and lore. I would spend hours just reading the descriptions of each zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
Maps of Myrist...I threw mine away 2 weeks prior to resubbing.