Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Elindale posted:

Turns out the Wall isn't needed at all, summer is a lot cheaper and an equally effective way to keep the wights from marauding through the lands stealing all the lemon cakes.
Dany's dragons' breaths are probably hot enough as well to just sigh them to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Elindale posted:

Turns out the Wall isn't needed at all, summer is a lot cheaper and an equally effective way to keep the wights from marauding through the lands stealing all the lemon cakes.

Bob the Builder and Friends just needed somewhere miserable and out of the way to dump convicts, bastards and red-headed stepchildren.

The Wall is a boondoggle.

No more taxes supporting black brothers!

Lord Ron of House Paul 312!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I for one am sick and tired of these dirty icebacks hopping our wall and taking all our jobs

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I for one am sick and tired of these dirty icebacks hopping our wall and taking all our jobs

Haha I got a mental image of a wildling just killing a castle smith and carrying on with his smith work in furs and skins as if nothing happened.

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
*Ties a rock to a stick* Here's your castle forged steel, m'lord.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Rape Jake. posted:

Haha I got a mental image of a wildling just killing a castle smith and carrying on with his smith work in furs and skins as if nothing happened.

Dolorous Edd is the only one to notice, but he doesn't say anything lest he have to replace the smith himself.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Arya and Bran are pretty much doing Mua'dib storylines at the moment anyway. And now that I've said that the GRReat One has now determined they must both die inconsequentially.

Varys is singlehandedly playing the roles of Wellington Yueh and the Bene Gesserit.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

mind the walrus posted:

That implies egological balance but I thought this was magic :cry:

Fine, then magic makes the winter super-bad every once in a while, and you need a Wall then. Problem solved.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Rape Jake. posted:

*Ties a rock to a stick* Here's your castle forged steel, m'lord.

Hahahaha, this made me laugh really hard.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Fog Tripper posted:

Varys is singlehandedly playing the roles of Wellington Yueh and the Bene Gesserit.

So is Daenerys an Honored Matre?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Azure_Horizon posted:

So is Daenerys an Honored Matre?

No, she finds them in Asshai, led by a secret Reyne.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Brandon m'lord, how will we stop this army of ice monsters?

We'll build a giant wall of ice. It's their only weakness.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Elindale posted:

Bob the Builder and Friends just needed somewhere miserable and out of the way to dump convicts, bastards and red-headed stepchildren.

The Wall is a boondoggle.

A Wall To Nowhere.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
When Westeros starts to industrialize will the wall melt due to global warming? I mean, obviously global warming isn't real in our world but I could see it being a thing in this fantasy universe.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Hot Dog Day #31 posted:

When Westeros starts to industrialize will the wall melt due to global warming? I mean, obviously global warming isn't real in our world but I could see it being a thing in this fantasy universe.

Global warming in this series will be caused by Dany's dragons.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Joramun posted:

He who controls the lemon cakes controls the universe.
Father! The sleeper Dragon has awakened!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Didn't we say the Bad Thread would lock in solidarity with the non-spoiler shitshow in TVIV? Cuz they be spergin down there.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
We say a lot of things.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

whowhatwhere posted:

We say a lot of things.

It is known.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

crazypeltast52 posted:

Didn't we say the Bad Thread would lock in solidarity with the non-spoiler shitshow in TVIV? Cuz they be spergin down there.

No. gently caress that thread, The Bad Thread is always open for business. You know what kind of business. :goatsecx::gizz:

But yeah loving amazing, they're sperging about "spoilers" from that loving video game. I don't even think that horrible thing actually had anything to do with the books. Oh I guess it mentions a country named Dorne which is somehow a spoiler. I don't even know. :psypop:

IRQ fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 29, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Oh poo poo the second book is called A Clash of Kings? Son of a bitch, now I'm spoiled as to kings clashing! MOTHERFUCKING PUBLISHING HOUSES, don't they know the sanctity of my HBO-viewing experience?! :qq:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Someone post that Dany will be showing a lot of boob this season.

I wanna see if boobs are spoilers.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Someone post that Dany will be showing a lot of boob this season.

I wanna see if boobs are spoilers.

Dany or Sansa?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I was just reading post after post in that thread about how marvelous all the sets were and what geniuses everyone involved with the show is. Does the Hand's Tourney from last season count as a set, because if it does some of their sets sucked, especially the Tourney one, where it looked more low rent than a backyard wrestling federation. It looked like it had about the same amount of spectators as backyard wrestling would too.

edit: I had to leave when I saw what I thought might be the beginnings of a debate over the "whiteness" of season 2. I lost my tolerance for this type of spergy, pedantic arguing over unimportant details during Walking Dead season 2 threads.

savinhill fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 29, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

savinhill posted:

I was just reading post after post in that thread about how marvelous all the sets were and what geniuses everyone involved with the show is. Does the Hand's Tourney from last season count as a set, because if it does some of their sets sucked, especially the Tourney one, where it looked more low rent than a backyard wrestling federation. It looked like it had about the same amount of spectators as backyard wrestling would too.

God that was terrible.

A 3 day tourney with the whole kingdom in attendance was turned into 2 jousting tilts with like 15 people watching.

Meanwhile I've been to a ren faire where there was like 700 people and this was all dorks from a community college, not a multimillion dollar show.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

God that was terrible.

A 3 day tourney with the whole kingdom in attendance was turned into 2 jousting tilts with like 15 people watching.

Meanwhile I've been to a ren faire where there was like 700 people and this was all dorks from a community college, not a multimillion dollar show.
poo poo, they could've just invited ren faire dorks to the set and used them as extras, probably wouldn't have to pay them either, they'd just be happy being ren faire dorks in a tailor-made ren faire dork setting.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

savinhill posted:

poo poo, they could've just invited ren faire dorks to the set and used them as extras, probably wouldn't have to pay them either, they'd just be happy being ren faire dorks in a tailor-made ren faire dork setting.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail had more/better sets and extras and it was literally made for less than the show spent breeding and training the direwolves which ended up being mostly cut out anyways because that stupid breed can't be trained.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail had more/better sets and extras and it was literally made for less than the show spent breeding and training the direwolves which ended up being mostly cut out anyways because that stupid breed can't be trained.
No worries, they can just recoup that loss by cutting all the Brotherhood without Banners stuff from season 3, TVIV won't mind, they'll probably think it's a genius decision.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

savinhill posted:

Yeah, but the ren faire crowd would end up having grotesque sexual shenanigans the likes of which even HBO would have to cut out.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince

Joramun posted:

Dany's dragons' breaths are probably hot enough as well to just sigh them to death.
Dany's farts.

They account for global warming too.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whats up c-bags. Has he started writ...

hahaha

oh..

ha.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Wait ... Let me see if i've got this right ... so Winter Comes every 6-40 years, right?

... And no one has seen the White Walkers in at least several hundred years, probably longer?

And the Wall was (likely) built after the last White Walker invasion to "safeguard the realm Neeps" ...

Does this mean that the Wall has never actually been used in a fight (except against those hobo wildlings)?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Rurik posted:

Dany's farts.

They account for global warming too.

Was gonna make a lovely joke but you beat me to it. Don't discount mighty belwas' methane production either.

I watched the making of GoT on the bluray and the work put into the sets is nuts, you guys are tripping. The tournament was lame though but hey, it could have been Camelot or Terra Nova.

Finally, the character profile of K-Drogs was funny as hell. "To the dothraki whoevers got the longest hair is the biggest pimp, so check it out, thats me"

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Elindale posted:

Wait ... Let me see if i've got this right ... so Winter Comes every 6-40 years, right?

... And no one has seen the White Walkers in at least several hundred years, probably longer?

And the Wall was (likely) built after the last White Walker invasion to "safeguard the realm Neeps" ...

Does this mean that the Wall has never actually been used in a fight (except against those hobo wildlings)?

More or less. But the winter that the Others invaded on was a uniquely bitter one which lasted more or less until the Others were defeated. It was so terrible that people are manning the walls EIGHT THOUSAND YEARS after the invasion. Rapists and fuckups, sure, but still. It lasted "a generation", the world apparently decided to turn into night 24/7 and it took a guy who quenched a magical sword in his still-living wife's body to beat them back to beyond the area beyond the Wall.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Didn't want to ask this in the tviv thread and have it be locked or whatever but did they cast the mormont ladies yet or are they not going to be mentioned? Dacey rules.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Of course not. You can't have more awesome female characters on-screen! That would just make us even more bored with the non-Arya ones!

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

whowhatwhere posted:

Of course not. You can't have more awesome female characters on-screen! That would just make us even more bored with the non-Arya ones!

:negative:

Dacey is awesome though, sad she died and we got stuck with Brienne (jk brienne is cool too when not doing an impossible fetch quest).

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

bigmcgaffney posted:

Didn't want to ask this in the tviv thread and have it be locked or whatever but did they cast the mormont ladies yet or are they not going to be mentioned? Dacey rules.

Yeah I was gutted *wink* when she got an axe buried in her tummy. :(

Dendra
May 3, 2009
hello bad thread, i figure i should come back here to coincide with the new HBO season.

please rape me with lemoncakes to make me feel welcome, tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Dendra posted:

hello bad thread, i figure i should come back here to coincide with the new HBO season.

please rape me with lemoncakes to make me feel welcome, tia

Bad thread? I thought we were the good thread.