Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Zeether posted:

Thing is, if Toonami were to come back, what would they air?

Pretty Cure is obviously the new Sailor Moon. It already has a dub that's been aired in Canada and the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MagicalDuck posted:

Pretty Cure is obviously the new Sailor Moon. It already has a dub that's been aired in Canada and the UK.

On the other hand, looking at even two seconds of Pretty Cure has been known to cause normal people to go into a diabetic coma.

See: Exhibit A. It would probably cause even a Brony to think twice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I just learned that Michelle Obama has a guest appearance on iCarly. I had no idea the show is that big now.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

404GoonNotFound posted:

On the other hand, looking at even two seconds of Pretty Cure has been known to cause normal people to go into a diabetic coma.

See: Exhibit A. It would probably cause even a Brony to think twice.

That season had the Cashiern Sins guy (who is also the DoReiMi guy, oddly enough) on character design duty. It's all-right by me.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 26, 2012

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The MSJ posted:

I just learned that Michelle Obama has a guest appearance on iCarly. I had no idea the show is that big now.

It was like 30 seconds, but yeah that show is big, and has some legitimately good/weird episodes, believe it or not. Sheldon from BBT was on it awhile back too.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

IRQ posted:

It was like 30 seconds, but yeah that show is big, and has some legitimately good/weird episodes, believe it or not. Sheldon from BBT was on it awhile back too.

Didn't they drop a Wire reference on that show within the last year?

EDIT: Yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUYV-75GSEA

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

Didn't they drop a Wire reference on that show within the last year?

Yeah, they had a paintball war episode and someone used the "how my hair (name)" line before getting shot.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I enjoy icarly and to a lesser extent, victorious.

icarly had an episode about pranks. Sam and Freddy talk to carly and its all a thinly veiled sex metaphor (Carly's never pranked anyone. She's waiting for the right person) and then Spencer is like, really good at pranking and now it's a drug metaphor (I used to prank a little bit on the weekends but then I started pranking every day until someone got hurt) and then he relapses and everyone laughs.

And victorious did a Breakfast Club parody. Replaced the virgin scene with vegan. It was cute.

Dan Schneider is a pretty solid dude.

E: I don't understand Big Time Rush at all though.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

That season had the Cashiern Sins guy (who is also the DoReMi guy, oddly enough) on character design duty. It's all-right by me.

Heartcatch has awesome fight scenes. I wouldn't mind if they skipped ahead. Not that the 6 series before it are bad or anything.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Sockser posted:

I enjoy icarly and to a lesser extent, victorious.

icarly had an episode about pranks. Sam and Freddy talk to carly and its all a thinly veiled sex metaphor (Carly's never pranked anyone. She's waiting for the right person) and then Spencer is like, really good at pranking and now it's a drug metaphor (I used to prank a little bit on the weekends but then I started pranking every day until someone got hurt) and then he relapses and everyone laughs.

And victorious did a Breakfast Club parody. Replaced the virgin scene with vegan. It was cute.

Dan Schneider is a pretty solid dude.

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of really bizarre humor, but this week's episodes of iCarly and Victorious, which were April Fools' specials, were hilarious (and "hilarious" is a word I think is overused and don't use unless I really mean it). Nothing made absolutely any sense, and it was wonderful. Mr. Belding, The Match Game, The Wizard of Oz ("The witch sneers at Dorothy then leaves!" "Oh my. She read her stage directions out loud. That can't be good."), T-Bo as I Dream of Jeannie, fake clips from old iCarly episodes involving a random Asian guy, Miss Briggs fighting her evil self, and so on, the iCarly gang tricking the owner of the apartment complex to let them stay after their mishap ("I forgot to pay the rent. And then I accidentally stabbed the owner of the building") by making him remember a fake flashback, and then Spencer is Doc Brown.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I nearly died during the Match Game parody. My kids had no loving clue what was so funny besides the lobster, but hey. Robbie as Charles Nelson Reilly resonated with me on an intrinsic level.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Reminder Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 starts on sunday.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Neo Helbeast posted:

Reminder Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes season 2 starts on sunday.

I chewed through the series on Netflix last weekend. I'd put the quality as around something similar to the first run of Justice League. It's not bad, but it's not genre defining either.

The guy they got to do Tony Stark does a pretty good RDJ impression, as does Fred Tasasciore with a Lou Ferrigno-esque Hulk.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I actually enjoy The Superhero Squad Show a lot more than Avengers:EMH. The latter was just kind of boring.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

raditts posted:

I actually enjoy The Superhero Squad Show a lot more than Avengers:EMH.

My favourite thing about Superhero Squad is the guest voices they manage to have. Lina Heady, Ray Stevenson, Kevin Sorbo, Jim Parsons, Tricia Helfer and a bunch of others.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

kefkafloyd posted:

I chewed through the series on Netflix last weekend. I'd put the quality as around something similar to the first run of Justice League. It's not bad, but it's not genre defining either.

The guy they got to do Tony Stark does a pretty good RDJ impression, as does Fred Tasasciore with a Lou Ferrigno-esque Hulk.

I thought the series picked up towards the end. If it keeps going in this direction quality wise season 2 should be pretty good too. It's funny that you mention Justice League because I've been rewatching the entire series again to see if it still holds up and I think it does. I miss it now though :(.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The MSJ posted:

My favourite thing about Superhero Squad is the guest voices they manage to have. Lina Heady, Ray Stevenson, Kevin Sorbo, Jim Parsons, Tricia Helfer and a bunch of others.

It is kind of weird hearing Peg-Leg Pete's voice coming out of Thanos, I have to admit.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Here is a list of what is comming and what is staying.

Toonzone posted:

Cartoon Network New Series:

•Nick Cannon Comedy Sketch Series
•Annoying Orange
•DreamWorks Dragons: The Series
•A New LEGO project will be coming
•Ben 10: Omniverse
•Beware the Batman
•Total Drama: Revenge of the Island

Returning Series:

•Adventure Time
•Regular Show
•The Amazing World of Gumball
•The Looney Tunes Show
•Ninjago
•Level Up
•Star Wars: The Clone Wars
•Young Justice
Johnny Test
•Pokémon
•Green Lantern: The Animated Series
•Almost Naked Animals
•Casper's Scare School
•Hero 108
•Scaredy Squirrel
•Sidekick

edit: and some specials and movies.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 29, 2012

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Honestly, who are the people that enjoy Johnny Test enough for them to keep making more episodes year after year? I want to meet these people.

The same question applies to Total Drama.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't know, I can stand Total Drama. It's not great, but it's not offensively bad like Johnny "Motherfucking" Test.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Both of those are Canadian subsidized produced shows so they probably don't actually pay all that much for them.

Edit: So is Level Up their first CN live action show to get a second season?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

raditts posted:

Honestly, who are the people that enjoy Johnny Test enough for them to keep making more episodes year after year? I want to meet these people.

The people responsible for enforcing CanCon laws.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

raditts posted:

They're dirt cheap because they're made in Canada.

Total Drama isn't so bad though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wasn't Wolverine and the X-Men produced in Canada? Or did it just happen to air in Canada first for some reason?

The only thing Total Drama has going for it is that the existence of Drawn Together ensures that it will never be the worst show with an "animated reality show" premise.

raditts fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 29, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

They're seriously doing an Annoying Orange show on there?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

How is no one talking about how they're bringing motherfucking Cartoon Planet back (minus Space Ghost)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFd-mjhOUYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

edit: nevermind, a few pages back. Still, I think my link is new (and awesome)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

robot roll call posted:

How is no one talking about how they're bringing motherfucking Cartoon Planet back (minus Space Ghost)?

I am probably a million times more excited about this than Nick bringing their stuff back, just because the Nick stuff is easier to get a hold of anyway. Also Brak. And Zorak! And it's on a channel I actually get! I am super excited about this.

Also someone posted a Toonami promo a while back and holy poo poo nostalgia. Also they seem REALLY well done, maybe better than some of the shows Toonami aired deserved. I think I'd be pretty pumped if they brought old Toonami back, even though it probably wouldn't be nearly the same.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wait, no Space Ghost? Did Williams Street ban the character outright or something? I mean, it's not like they don't still have George Lowe on speed dial.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

robot roll call posted:

Is it really Cartoon Planet if there's no Space Ghost though?

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Andy Merrill tweeted that there's too many mouth positions on Space Ghost.

Since the CN upfront was mentioned, a bit on what the other networks have to offer that they announced this month:

The Hub has more animated series based on Hasbro and other toy properties, including Littlest Pet Shop, Kajido, and apparently attempting to make another My Little Pony, Care Bears. Also on hand are continue the R.L. Stine-type stuff with Spooksville and three classic series to add to their vintage lineup: Mork and Mindy, Facts of Life, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Nickelodeon is attempting to get back into their position as animation leader with returning series and new ones, including Korra (of course), Monsters vs. Aliens (from the same team that brought us Penguins of Madagascar, including Kim Possible's Bob Schooley and Mark McCorkle), seven animated pilots including four from Butch Hartman, and a Rankin-Bass-inspired stop-motion SpongeBob Christmas special featuring Tom Kenny's catchy ditty "Don't Be A Jerk." Also, on the live-action end, a new series calle Marvin Marvin featuring Lucas "Fred" Cruickshank as an alien, the revival of Figure It Out, and the next step on the never-ending Dan Schneider train as iCarly's Jennette McCurdy gets her own series.

Disney is using their newfound success in beating Nickelodeon in the ratings and everything in hopes to stay on top, with the success of Phineas and Ferb leading to an increased animation incentive, with talent such as The Brothers Chaps of Homestar Runner fame on tap with development deals and none other than Craig McCracken giving them a new animated series, Wander Over Yonder. Over on Disney XD, animation includes a TRON series, Motorcity from the minds behind Megas XLR, and the U.S.-Ireland co-production Randy Cunningham, 9th Grade Ninja, which features character designs from Jhonen Vasquez and an impressive voice cast including Tim Curry and Jean-Ralphio himself, Ben Schwartz. Not surprisingly, live-action fare is on the menu as well, with their big idea this year being an attempt to make another High School Musical by putting it in the age of Frankie and Annette, as two modern teens get trapped in a teen beach musical in...um, Teen Beach Musical.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Holy poo poo there's a lot of exciting stuff coming up!

new Dan Schneider series has me excited, and just about everything Disney has going there sounds delightful.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

mobo85 posted:

Andy Merrill tweeted that there's too many mouth positions on Space Ghost.

What does that mean?

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I'm assuming it means it's easier to animate Brak and Zorak than it is Space Ghost. I seem to recall that their mouths just open and close, as opposed to Space Ghost, who being a more humanoid character has lips that move like a human's. Maybe they're doing these bumpers quickly and don't have time to match Space Ghost's words to the mouth movements or something?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mobo85 posted:

Also, on the live-action end [...] the revival of Figure It Out.

Danny Tamborelli sits by his phone, waiting...

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
So they really are done with Thundercats. :(
e: boy secret mountain fort awesome sure did well huh
e2: Hey, no one mentioned that MAD isn't returning! That's good news!

Bible Ian Black fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 29, 2012

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm not sure why its not on his list but Mad is specifically mentioned as getting another season in the news post on the site linked.

As for Thundercats, maybe they're just waiting to see how this season does before making a decision.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

mobo85 posted:

I'm assuming it means it's easier to animate Brak and Zorak than it is Space Ghost. I seem to recall that their mouths just open and close, as opposed to Space Ghost, who being a more humanoid character has lips that move like a human's. Maybe they're doing these bumpers quickly and don't have time to match Space Ghost's words to the mouth movements or something?

I imagine it's something like that. Alternately, Andy Merrill and C. Martin Croker both still work directly for Williams Street, don't they? It's possible that the execs aren't willing to shell out the money to bring in George Lowe for the hour or two it would take to record the bits AND spend the time animating Space Ghost's mouth on top of it.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

thelaughingman posted:

Here is a list of what is comming and what is staying.

edit: and some specials and movies.

So they're getting rid of Problem Solverz and SMFA? I thought they were keeping it around for at least one more season.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

HypnoCabbage posted:

I imagine it's something like that. Alternately, Andy Merrill and C. Martin Croker both still work directly for Williams Street, don't they? It's possible that the execs aren't willing to shell out the money to bring in George Lowe for the hour or two it would take to record the bits AND spend the time animating Space Ghost's mouth on top of it.

Yeah, I'm kinda suspecting this too. I mean, if they didn't want to animate Space Ghost they could have just used Brak's Dad.

Because while he may not have metal claws, when he pinches you you know that you have been pinched!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Brak's dad has the exact same problems that Space Ghost does. A lot of mouth movements, human body, etc. Switching him in would solve precisely nothing.