Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I'm pretty sure that guy is just a lovely troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I'm pretty sure that guy is just a lovely troll.

Totally on par with the rest of the website.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Coughing Hobo posted:

Modders. Modders never change.

That... banner, is just a magical topping on a cake of hilarity.

Lord Lambeth posted:

Now I want to see what he actually made.

fennesz posted:

That banner completely surpasses any and all jokes that could be made about it. :golfclap:
...are you guys kidding? That could not be a more obvious troll. He didn't make anything.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
I like to think that everything he posted is 100% legit in bizarro world.

But yeah, the banner is kind of giving away that he wasn't some kind of 12 year old that got way ahead of himself but just some troll, maybe even from here. Blingee is pretty popular in a ironic way for folks at SA.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
I like how he says it has taken four years so far but he finishes the last 30% of it in a little over three weeks.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Is lowering my level as simple as GiveXP -30000 or something similar? I'm at Level 37 with Honest Hearts and a bunch of original campaign content still to go and I'd like to drop my level back to something below 30 for the OC end game content.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Strudel Man posted:

...are you guys kidding? That could not be a more obvious troll. He didn't make anything.

Well, the guy who made the prostitution mod for Skyrim had to quit working on it because his mother was dying, that's sort of the same deal. Swing by the Nexus appreciation thread in the Skyrim/SR3 forum, you really can't tell where the jokes end and the carefully modelled werewolf assholes and cocks begin.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I actually don't think he is trolling BUUUUTTT... I do think it's his "sneaky" way of getting actually talented modders to feel sorry for him and help him make the mod he's always wanted for him. Because you know, once someone volunteers to help, he will suddenly get very busy with other disasters in his life.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So, I got the DLC for New Vegas recently and I simultaneously installed Project Nevada. Does PN make the game way harder? I haven't played the DLC without PN, but the robot dogs are pretty much 2 and 3 shotting me right now.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Got New Vegas working again. Helith, expect a solution to your problem soon.

In the meantime, I know I've been pretty quiet lately, but I was honestly kind of burned-out on modding after working on CCO for so long. However, I don't intend on abandoning CCO, and I've been easing back into things with a few whimsical projects in the GECK.

For example, I've always thought that the Wild Wasteland encounters weren't quite wild enough. Maybe I can fix that.

EDIT: The problem with the Follower Tweaks module was much easier to fix than I thought it'd be. A hotfix is up on the Nexus now.

Cirosan fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 29, 2012

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
YES. I loved the concept of Wild Wasteland, but I thought they were too few and far between and not weird enough to really warrant taking up a trait. More - and more crazy - WW encounters would be awesome.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I'm running Project Nevada Core and JSawyer right now. I really like the sound of the "Unarmored Headshots ignore DT" option in PN Rebalance, but I don't think there's a way to keep PN Rebalance from undoing a lot of what JSawyer does without tweaking every Rebalance option to the same value, since you can't have the mod just ignore options.

I want to run PN Core and JSawyer and bypass DT on unarmored headshots, is there a reasonably straightforward way to do this?

Related question; I hate that some cute little junkie bitch, so hosed-up that she doesn’t even know she’s the bad guy can run her hot pants right up to my shotgun because the DT in her stupid armor makes my Win '87 useless.

Suggestions to alleviate this kind of thing?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Use slugs.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008
I know this isn't a modding question but seeing as the NV thread has been archived I'll ask here. It's kind of a stupid question, but can someone tell me which quests start which DLC? I'm doing Dead Money at the moment, and want to do the other ones in order, I'm guessing I have to do the happy trails expedition, the science fiction feature, then enter the divide to do it in the order of Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome road? I just wanted to double check before I finish Dead Money to make sure I'm doing the right ones.

edit: Guess the one in my browser history was the old thread, my bad, thanks though.

TehGherkin fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 29, 2012

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

TehGherkin posted:

I know this isn't a modding question but seeing as the NV thread has been archived I'll ask here. It's kind of a stupid question, but can someone tell me which quests start which DLC? I'm doing Dead Money at the moment, and want to do the other ones in order, I'm guessing I have to do the happy trails expedition, the science fiction feature, then enter the divide to do it in the order of Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome road? I just wanted to double check before I finish Dead Money to make sure I'm doing the right ones.

This NV thread?

Yeah, that's the chronological order. Also Dead Money is the hardest by a pretty wide margin. HH scales with level mostly, OWB is 10+ and LR is 15+.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Naky if you make any more guns I'm requesting a mod for the SKS that is made from a toaster. The modded rifle works in all respects like the current one, except when it makes the little *dink* at the end of its magazine, a piece of toast flies out the side. Thanks.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Cirosan posted:

For example, I've always thought that the Wild Wasteland encounters weren't quite wild enough. Maybe I can fix that.
Extended Wild Wasteland events has always been at the top of my list for things that ought to be modded in, and that screenshot just confirms why- even better that a good modder would be handling it, hope you keep working on it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Cirosan posted:

Got New Vegas working again. Helith, expect a solution to your problem soon.

In the meantime, I know I've been pretty quiet lately, but I was honestly kind of burned-out on modding after working on CCO for so long. However, I don't intend on abandoning CCO, and I've been easing back into things with a few whimsical projects in the GECK.

EDIT: The problem with the Follower Tweaks module was much easier to fix than I thought it'd be. A hotfix is up on the Nexus now.

As other people have already pointed out, this is certainly one of the least modded areas of NV, yet one that a lot of people would like to see improved upon. Looking forward to the final product.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Thanks Cirosan, just installed and tested it now. Works perfectly. I like that it's a menu option now, so easy.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

rope kid posted:

Use slugs.

That wouldn't help with armor penetration though, would it?

The Shotgun Surgeon perk let's you ignore 10 DT. Slugs will give you a bit more range by reducing spread.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Rinkles posted:

The Shotgun Surgeon perk let's you ignore 10 DT. Slugs will give you a bit more range by reducing spread.
Slugs use a single projectile instead of 7, so the damage per projectile is ~7 times higher, allowing it to power past DT.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Strudel Man posted:

Slugs use a single projectile instead of 7, so the damage per projectile is ~7 times higher, allowing it to power past DT.

I was never certain how that damage was converted with slugs. Thanks.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So for any modders here, is it possible to alter the Light Touch/Tunnel Runner perks to work with the X13 Stealth Suit? From what I understand, changing the X13 Stealth Suit to light armor doesn't make it compatible with the perks because the perks are actually pulling from a list of approved armors, not checking to see if the armor has the light armor tag.

And as far as I know, no mod on the Nexus currently deals with that.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Police Automaton posted:

Now I just hope my friend doesnt die and i won't get 6.000 Viruses. Virii..?! :sweatdrop:

But you already gave us pictures so this thing is real, right? :ohdear: Also, at what time frame for release are we looking here? I'll get to replay NV during the summer holidays at the earliest but I was just wondering because your mod sounds awesome.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Strudel Man posted:

I don't know man , Poe's Law.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cirosan posted:

I've always thought that the Wild Wasteland encounters weren't quite wild enough. Maybe I can fix that.

HOLY poo poo. :neckbeard:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm trying to get mission Mojave and the Companion Infinite Ammo mods working, but the game crashes immedietly after loading a save. Help?

This is my load order.
code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Dead Money.esp
UHNV-Honest Hearts.esp
UHNV-OWB.esp
UHNV-Lonesome Road.esp
UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
UHNV-Brighter Lighting.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Companion Sandbox Mode3.esp
CompanionInfAmmoOptional.esp
CompanionInfAmmoCheat.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
PipBoyLightx2.esp
FlashlightNV-LOS.esp
FlashlightNV-Performance.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
Western Sky.esp
Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Sink Vending Machine.esp

Total active plugins: 42
Total plugins: 44

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

physeter posted:

Naky if you make any more guns I'm requesting a mod for the SKS that is made from a toaster. The modded rifle works in all respects like the current one, except when it makes the little *dink* at the end of its magazine, a piece of toast flies out the side. Thanks.

It's always bothered me more than it should that the Armory's SKS uses an en bloc clip instead of a stripper clip. Making it also toast might quell my nerd-rage.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

Male Man posted:

It's always bothered me more than it should that the Armory's SKS uses an en bloc clip instead of a stripper clip. Making it also toast might quell my nerd-rage.

I don't think NV has the animations for a proper stripper clip.

On an unrelated note, are there any hair mods that will let me look like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction?

And how can I remove the Courier's Stash references from ropekid's mod? I want to try his mod but I don't have CS and don't really feel like buying it.

Sam. fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 30, 2012

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sam. posted:

I don't think NV has the animations for a proper stripper clip.

On an unrelated note, are there any hair mods that will let me look like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction?

And how can I remove the Courier's Stash references from ropekid's mod? I want to try his mod but I don't have CS and don't really feel like buying it.

rope kid's warned against using the mod without all the DLC, but I initially forgot to check the Stash *.ESMs in the launcher (i.e., FOMM) and I don't think I suffered any problems because of it. At least the evident stuff like the XP cut, weapon and armor rebalancing, lowered weight limit, and new encounter(s) worked as intended.

Either way, pick it up sometime during a Steam sale. At -75% it's less than a dollar, and you get some moderately interesting unique items.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 30, 2012

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

Rinkles posted:

rope kid's warned against using the mod without all the DLC, but I initially forgot to check the Stash *.ESMs in the launcher (i.e., FOMM) and I don't think I suffered any problems because of it. At least the evident stuff like the XP cut, weapon and armor rebalancing, lowered weight limit, and new encounter(s) worked as intended.

Either way, pick it up sometime during a Steam sale. At -75% it's less than a dollar, and you get some moderately interesting unique items.

When I tried it, the game crashed on load, even with all other mods disabled. Only thing I can think of that could have caused it is not having CS.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Male Man posted:

I can only work within the scope of the animations provided and the art assets I can use. There are quite a lot of compromises that have to be made for quite a great deal of weapons. The main person behind The Armory 3.0 right now, MediocrityGoggles, started finding that out as he started learning under me during 2.5.

But seriously. If you guys want 3.0, the man to thank for it is MG. He's done all the hard work in making the guns look good and work well in this update - I just do the basic ESM entries and the conversion/3D work these days. Anime Schoolgirl, of course, is still handling the balancing and leveled lists and such.

Oh, and no toast.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sam. posted:

When I tried it, the game crashed on load, even with all other mods disabled. Only thing I can think of that could have caused it is not having CS.

I just unchecked the Courier's Stash ESMs again and started a new jsawyer game with no problems. Are you sure the problem doesn't lie elsewhere?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Naky posted:

I can only work within the scope of the animations provided and the art assets I can use. There are quite a lot of compromises that have to be made for quite a great deal of weapons. The main person behind The Armory 3.0 right now, MediocrityGoggles, started finding that out as he started learning under me during 2.5.

But seriously. If you guys want 3.0, the man to thank for it is MG. He's done all the hard work in making the guns look good and work well in this update - I just do the basic ESM entries and the conversion/3D work these days. Anime Schoolgirl, of course, is still handling the balancing and leveled lists and such.

Oh, and no toast.

I guess we don't deserve nice things :smith:

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I just unchecked the Courier's Stash ESMs again and started a new jsawyer game with no problems. Are you sure the problem doesn't lie elsewhere?

Tried again and it still doesn't work. Crashes almost immediately after I start it. Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
DeadMoney.esm
jsawyer.esp

Total active plugins: 7
Total plugins: 39

Gorgeous Gorge
Jun 17, 2005
Why don't you go rub skulks with your onos?
I attempted to use jsawyer.esp without the courier's stash ESMs and it crashed every time, then as soon as I bought the pack on steam it worked just fine. I'm not sure what jsawyer uses from that pack, but apparently it's something that you don't need the assorted ESMs from courier's stash to be active for.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Gorgeous Gorge posted:

I attempted to use jsawyer.esp without the courier's stash ESMs and it crashed every time, then as soon as I bought the pack on steam it worked just fine. I'm not sure what jsawyer uses from that pack, but apparently it's something that you don't need the assorted ESMs from courier's stash to be active for.

The pure fact that the plugin says it's derived from those ESMs will cause the game to crash on startup. Why Rinkles' game doesn't crash without Courier's Stash is the real question; you guys are seeing the expected behavior.

Deino
Dec 14, 2010

Some generous soul wouldn't happen to have the final release of Omnicarus' Lombard Station mod on Dropbox or something, would they? The link in the OP doesn't seem to work, at least for me. :(

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
From about 15 pages back: http://www.mediafire.com/?6tce6blp9v22ft7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

bloodynose posted:

The pure fact that the plugin says it's derived from those ESMs will cause the game to crash on startup. Why Rinkles' game doesn't crash without Courier's Stash is the real question; you guys are seeing the expected behavior.

I dunno, weird. Someone else WITH the Stash DLC please try launching a jsawyer game with the Stash ESMs unchecked.