Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Cakefool posted:

This fails every time for me, got another link?
xda link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Does anybody know of a calendar-checklist/"don't break the chain" type app? Basically I want something that I can use do the equivalent of making an X on my calendar, but on my phone. Ideally it would say how many days in a row I've checked something off, have a "high score" type thing, and support multiple "checkboxes."

Maybe I'm stupid & just haven't been Googling the right things, but I can't find anything like this. Seems like it should exist. I could just use a physical day planner or something, but I don't really want to carry something else around.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Arcsech posted:

Does anybody know of a calendar-checklist/"don't break the chain" type app? Basically I want something that I can use do the equivalent of making an X on my calendar, but on my phone.
Momentum builder maybe? Not sure if I totally understand your request

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.menueph.util.momentumbuilder

e: or Everyday Check: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.androidx.checkcalenf

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Never mind I found some.

I am not good at searching apparently.

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

LastInLine posted:

xda link.

Thanks, now I've got it and it seems to be working fine.

How come it didn't update automatically, though? I did try force closing it, clearing the cache, rebooting the phone, etc.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

SMP posted:

Is there an app that changes my pattern lock screen to be my home screen with a pattern lock thing laid over it? I spent a while getting my home screen just right only to have it hidden behind the ugly locked screen most of the time.

Go Locker has an option for this. Under "Background" in the settings, you can tell it to use "Launcher Background". It will then use your actual home screen, widgets and all.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Quick question, is anMoney still the recommended finance app? I don't really need anything too fancy (I'm not in any major country so bank integration won't work for example), just something to keep tabs on my expenses. I was using iXpenseIt on my iPod, so something along those lines would hit the spot.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Edmond Dantes posted:

Quick question, is anMoney still the recommended finance app? I don't really need anything too fancy (I'm not in any major country so bank integration won't work for example), just something to keep tabs on my expenses. I was using iXpenseIt on my iPod, so something along those lines would hit the spot.

I like YNAB, but it works with their desktop app.

In other news, I just discovered Mozilla's Aurora which is a pre-beta release channel for mobile Firefox. I haven't been keeping up with mobile Firefox, but this version is pretty nice and fast.

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

I also use YNAB and the desktop app. Very good comprehensive finance tool.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Has anyone here used the Mint personal finance app?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

MycroftXXX posted:

Yeah, I use it in addition to YNAB. Mainly for quick up-to-date reference to account balances and the like.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
I like Loot and the addon Loot Premium.

The developer has made loot premium free and all it does is allow for widgets and charts.

The app is basically a check register. But it does it really well. It doesn't try to be more than that so that's why I keep coming back to it.

Also, Hulu updated!
http://www.androidcentral.com/hulu-plus-updated-additional-tablet-support-and-new-ui

Hulu Plus updated with additional tablet support and new UI, which include:
Asus Eee Pad Transformer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
Motorola Xoom
Motorola XYBoard 10.1
Toshiba Thrive
Acer Iconia
LG G-Slate
HTC Flyer
Vizio 8" Tablet

rotaryfun fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 29, 2012

IT Guy
Jan 12, 2010

You people drink like you don't want to live!

MycroftXXX posted:

I do, it's great if you're lovely at budgeting because it is almost automatic after it's set-up.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

EKDS5k posted:

Thanks, now I've got it and it seems to be working fine.

How come it didn't update automatically, though? I did try force closing it, clearing the cache, rebooting the phone, etc.

I don't know; I've never waited for it to update on its own.

Spider Plant
Jan 1, 2007

A more dignified life-form.
Are there any alternatives to the swipe down notification screen? I'm running on a stock HTC Desire S and while I can find launchers and themes to customise everything else about my phone, I can find very little about changing it, or the top status bar. Only thing I can find doesn't play well with apps that leave a persistent notification. Is this more in the realm of rooting/other firmware?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Spider Plant posted:

Are there any alternatives to the swipe down notification screen? I'm running on a stock HTC Desire S and while I can find launchers and themes to customise everything else about my phone, I can find very little about changing it, or the top status bar. Only thing I can find doesn't play well with apps that leave a persistent notification. Is this more in the realm of rooting/other firmware?
It is more in the realm of rooting/custom ROMs. It requires making changes to assets in /system and while there are workarounds, depending on what you're looking for you'll probably need a custom ROM to support the changes.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Cool, I guess I'll give it a try

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Android Market Play Store seems to be having trouble - apparently I've got absolutely no apps installed, and I'm getting an 'Error while retrieving information from the server [RPC]' error message from the 'All' panel. No use force closing + wiping data, it's server-side.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

spincube posted:

Android Market Play Store seems to be having trouble - apparently I've got absolutely no apps installed, and I'm getting an 'Error while retrieving information from the server [RPC]' error message from the 'All' panel. No use force closing + wiping data, it's server-side.
Yes, they are.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

spincube posted:

I came here to ask about this. First gmail stopped synchronizing automatically, now they're loving up with their app store. What the hell is going on with google? When did they start to hate success?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Is there anything like Lightflow but without 5 billion options? I want something simple that pretty much just makes my notifications flash faster on my Galaxy Nexus.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Mint seems like the perfect finance app if you're supported, but for those in the UK who aren't, you might want to give Money toolkit a go. I'm not sure how old it is, I only found it recently, but I'm really liking it.

May be missing some of the more advanced features that people may be interested in, but for automatically keeping track of what you've been spending and looking nice while doing it works for me.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

Is there anything like Lightflow but without 5 billion options? I want something simple that pretty much just makes my notifications flash faster on my Galaxy Nexus.
Doesn't exactly answer your question but most custom ROMs have an option for that.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Tunga posted:

Doesn't exactly answer your question but most custom ROMs have an option for that.

I don't see any options like that on CM9, but I may be blind. If it had that and an option to add a search soft key it would be perfect.

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

big mean giraffe posted:

I don't see any options like that on CM9, but I may be blind. If it had that and an option to add a search soft key it would be perfect.

Many of the other roms have both of these. AOKP does and has been stable for me. I think others here have recommended LiquidSmooth. You may be able to flash a standalone softkey mod, but I think most of those require a particular rom.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Hey, they finally put a delete all into Google Play Music. Now I can knock out my capped library and send over a select 10,000 tracks.

I've been transferring for three hours now and it's only uploaded a little over 500 songs. :argh:

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Google Listen is crashing and refusing to play my podcasts. Is there a good alternative, preferably free or at least reasonably priced.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

FuzzyPickles posted:

Google Listen is crashing and refusing to play my podcasts. Is there a good alternative, preferably free or at least reasonably priced.

I like PocketCasts.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FuzzyPickles posted:

I'll always recommend ACast as well. It's very simple, and I think that's the reason I like it so much.

LoSesMC
Feb 13, 2009

FuzzyPickles posted:

Another vote for PocketCasts, which actually made me give up my beloved BeyondPod.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

LoSesMC posted:

Another vote for PocketCasts, which actually made me give up my beloved BeyondPod.

Yeah, I moved from BeyondPod to PocketCasts.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I updated my Evo to an ICS rom and I can't find an option in Vignette (or the default ICS camera, for that matter) to use my front facing camera. Is this an issue with my ICS build that I'm using or am I just not looking hard enough?

BearQuake
Oct 22, 2008

explosivo posted:

I updated my Evo to an ICS rom and I can't find an option in Vignette (or the default ICS camera, for that matter) to use my front facing camera. Is this an issue with my ICS build that I'm using or am I just not looking hard enough?

Not sure if it is the same camera app, but I'm using AOKP on my GS2 and it looks like so:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah, that button definitely isn't on mine. What the hell :mad:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

explosivo posted:

Yeah, that button definitely isn't on mine. What the hell :mad:

Ten seconds on XDA led me to this. As far as I can tell, it doesn't work in any ICS ROM for the EVO 4G. I assume you're talking about the 4G and not the 3D.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

What am I missing here? Any time that I install Nova Launcher on my tablet (Asus Transformer), I don't get dock bar at the bottom. All I can do is put icons on the desktop. If I install it on my phone, I get the dock bar just fine though. How the hell do I get it on my tablet?

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

LoSesMC posted:

Picked up PocketCasts, seems to work very well. It definitely works better then Listen. It already downloaded my current podcasts, where Listen I had to force to do it half the time.

az jan jananam
Sep 6, 2011
HI, I'M HARDCORE SAX HERE TO DROP A NICE JUICY TURD OF A POST FROM UP ON HIGH

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What am I missing here? Any time that I install Nova Launcher on my tablet (Asus Transformer), I don't get dock bar at the bottom. All I can do is put icons on the desktop. If I install it on my phone, I get the dock bar just fine though. How the hell do I get it on my tablet?

It doesn't have that feature yet.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

az jan jananam posted:

It doesn't have that feature yet.

Isn't that most of the reason to use nova? What other features does it have that make it better than stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Isn't that most of the reason to use nova? What other features does it have that make it better than stock?
User-definable grid size and number of homescreens come to mind. Hide icon labels, make all widgets resizable, and swipe actions would be more.

• Locked thread