Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

MrGreenShirt posted:

Transsiberian?

Yes! Thank you! A friend is travelling to Europe soon and I told him to watch this movie before he goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Within the past several months, I watched a trailer for a retro looking psychological thriller. Most of the commercial had a red filter, was grainy, and used plenty of close-ups. The tone reminded me of Enter the Void or a more serious Grindhouse trailer.

In the trailer, a girl seemed to be strapped to a chair and immobile while being observed by a youngish man in a Logan's Run-type of outfit. He was also seated. She was wearing a patient smock. They were both Caucasian with long, straight hair. I'm pretty sure the girl had been drugged by the man and was making an effort to escape her confines.

This movie may not have been released yet.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Fleetwood posted:

Within the past several months, I watched a trailer for a retro looking psychological thriller. Most of the commercial had a red filter, was grainy, and used plenty of close-ups. The tone reminded me of Enter the Void or a more serious Grindhouse trailer.

In the trailer, a girl seemed to be strapped to a chair and immobile while being observed by a youngish man in a Logan's Run-type of outfit. He was also seated. She was wearing a patient smock. They were both Caucasian with long, straight hair. I'm pretty sure the girl had been drugged by the man and was making an effort to escape her confines.

This movie may not have been released yet.

Sounds like Beyond The Black Rainbow.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Whats that new movie about some guys getting Alien powers? It has the shaky camera I think.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Trying to remember a VHS from my youth. I'm not sure if what I'm remembering was a sort of Intro / Outro thing like what used to be on the Children's Circle VHS tapes, or an actual feature.

- I remember a rainbow font on the box, similar to the one on 'Magical Mystery Tour'.
- I remember tons of colorfully-dressed kids frolicking toward a field where there's a big rainbow trampoline or tent or something. The whole vibe was very 70's. Yellow shirt / brown pants kinda vibe.
- I think the end shows the kids frolicking away from the field. That's what makes me think it might be an Intro / Outro thing for a VHS series.
- I remember there was a trailer for one of the Benji movies on the tape.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Ulio posted:

Whats that new movie about some guys getting Alien powers? It has the shaky camera I think.

Chronicle

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie, the premise is really generic horror movie stuff, so I'm having a hard time google-ing it. Some family is on a road trip somewhere and they make a wrong turn or something and the entire movie is them being haunted by 'ghosts' in and around their car, I think there's two kids and two parents and maybe one other dude. I think in the end it turned out they were already dead from a car accident or something like that? Like I said super cliche and generic, but I remember really enjoying this one.

vvv -- That is it. You are so right. Sweet.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 17, 2012

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Reason posted:

I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie, the premise is really generic horror movie stuff, so I'm having a hard time google-ing it. Some family is on a road trip somewhere and they make a wrong turn or something and the entire movie is them being haunted by 'ghosts' in and around their car, I think there's two kids and two parents and maybe one other dude. I think in the end it turned out they were already dead from a car accident or something like that? Like I said super cliche and generic, but I remember really enjoying this one.

I think you are talking about Dead End starring Ray Wise.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Hi, I'm trying to identify a movie that I've seen when I was really young, but I only remember one scene.

I think it was set during the Vietnam war or any other conflict in a jungle area/heavy forest. There are a group of people inside what I assume to be an American tank. They try to shoot the tank's main gun but there's an electronics malfunction and there's a big animation scene where you follow the "signal" down the circuitry of the tank's electronics until it short-circuits or something.

If anybody has an idea what that movie might be, I'd be grateful, it's been bugging me for years.

PostwarMutant
Oct 30, 2010
I saw this movie maybe once or twice when I was really small (so early-mid 1980s), so my memory of it is probably faulty, but the drat thing has been haunting me for years.

I think it was a TV miniseries of 2-3 parts. From what I remember, there was a crew of space travelers, who might have been a family. I'm pretty sure there was a mom and dad and a teenage girl type. At one point they encounter these pirates or barbarians or something, and their leader is a buff guy with long black hair. Although he's a bad guy at first, eventually they somehow change his mind.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

neoaxd posted:

Hi, I'm trying to identify a movie that I've seen when I was really young, but I only remember one scene.
I don't know when you were really young, but maybe it's Best Defense.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

westborn posted:

I don't know when you were really young, but maybe it's Best Defense.

I think that might be it :wth:
Thank you, thank you so much.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Schweinhund posted:

Chronicle

Thanks, didn't notice it came out.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Hell yeah! Thanks, morestuff.

Blue Pony
May 12, 2007

Its not a pony, its a MAGIC pony.
I only saw part of this movie when I was very young, all I remember is that it takes place in a theater where a lot of people are watching a of puppet show on a huge stage. The puppet show is done with big two dimensional cutouts, and its featuring a giant octopus under the sea waving around its tentacles.

A little girl(I remember her looking like Wednesday Adams) either walks onto the stage or she was just standing aside of the stage, and from beyond the side of the stage a realistic tentacle reaches out and grabs her, pulling her out of sight of the people in the audience. Suddenly she appears as a 2D cutout puppet in the puppet show, being held underwater and waving her arms.

At that point someone does something and then a 2D boat appears on the top of the ocean and that's all I can recall.

The movie seemed to have a kind of Adams Family/Tim Burton vibe to it.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Blue Pony posted:

I only saw part of this movie when I was very young, all I remember is that it takes place in a theater where a lot of people are watching a of puppet show on a huge stage. The puppet show is done with big two dimensional cutouts, and its featuring a giant octopus under the sea waving around its tentacles.
My first guess with at leats somewhat similar scenes would be Finding Neverland, but it's been a while, so I'm not too sure.

Blue Pony
May 12, 2007

westborn posted:

My first guess with at leats somewhat similar scenes would be Finding Neverland, but it's been a while, so I'm not too sure.

Oh thats way too recent, the movie I'm talking about had to be like 1987-1993 or older.

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Blue Pony posted:

A little girl(I remember her looking like Wednesday Adams) either walks onto the stage or she was just standing aside of the stage, and from beyond the side of the stage a realistic tentacle reaches out and grabs her, pulling her out of sight of the people in the audience. Suddenly she appears as a 2D cutout puppet in the puppet show, being held underwater and waving her arms.

High Spirits, with Steve Guttenberg.

Blue Pony
May 12, 2007

WaywardWoodwose posted:

High Spirits, with Steve Guttenberg.

Yes, thats it! Thank you so much! I'm gonna rent it right away.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Anybody know what movie this is from?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Not sure if this is the original movie it's from, but that footage was used in Spectres of the Spectrum.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Not sure if this is the original movie it's from, but that footage was used in Spectres of the Spectrum.

It's also in Tribulation 99, from the same director. It for sure predates both - I guess Craig Baldwin just really likes that clip.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

I'm trying to remember the name of this movie -- I thought it was called 666: The Mark of the Beast or something like that. It was a foreign film, probably between 1998-1999. It was about a priest who discovered the antichrist was going to come to earth and inhabit the body of the most evil person. He wanted to make himself the most evil person so that he could kill himself as soon as he got possessed. I remember he teams up with a burly biker-looking dude who worships the devil to help him be evil. The biker lived with his mother and ancient grandfather, and he would put LSD in his grandfather's coffee to ease his boredom and suffering. The only other thing I remember is that the priest burned holes in his feet with cigarettes in the shape of crosses, so that he would be walking on crosses all day and thus, very blasphemous.

I've looked on imdb and stuff and cannot find this movie. It's killing me. Help!

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Gaggins posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of this movie -- I thought it was called 666: The Mark of the Beast or something like that. It was a foreign film, probably between 1998-1999. It was about a priest who discovered the antichrist was going to come to earth and inhabit the body of the most evil person. He wanted to make himself the most evil person so that he could kill himself as soon as he got possessed. I remember he teams up with a burly biker-looking dude who worships the devil to help him be evil. The biker lived with his mother and ancient grandfather, and he would put LSD in his grandfather's coffee to ease his boredom and suffering. The only other thing I remember is that the priest burned holes in his feet with cigarettes in the shape of crosses, so that he would be walking on crosses all day and thus, very blasphemous.

I've looked on imdb and stuff and cannot find this movie. It's killing me. Help!

I can't find a lot of details on it, but there's a foreign movie called Mark of the Devil 666: The Moralist that sounds close to this. It came out in 1995.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Gaggins posted:

El dia de la bestia (Day of the Beast).

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Runcible Cat posted:

El dia de la bestia (Day of the Beast).

Wow, thank you! Looks like it is extremely hard to get a hold of though. :(

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
I'm not even certain whether this is from a movie, but I would sure love to find out.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Not a movie, but this should answer your question.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/46966536/party-animal-rabbit-mask-holga-print

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp

MrGreenShirt posted:

Not a movie, but this should answer your question.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/46966536/party-animal-rabbit-mask-holga-print

A bit disappointing, but thanks a lot anyway :)

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Gonna ask this again since no one answered it the first time around awhile back. Every other movie I ever looked for and asked about has been answered by someone else or found by me except for this one movie. I would really appreciate if someone knows what I'm talking about.

It's circa 1988, and I've just gotten up in the middle of the night for some reason. I pour myself a bowl of cereal and turn the TV on to some movie on HBO or something. I don't remember much except for one grim scene that has stuck with me all these years. The scene is this: a family is stalled on some train tracks in their Vista Cruiser or Country Squire station wagon. For some reason, they're locked inside (it's possible the battery completely died, crippling the power door locks and windows and leaving the car stranded on the tracks) and are trying to figure out how to unlock the doors when a train is heard off in the distance. This leads to several dramatic shots of the family freaking out and trying trying to get out of the car and the train getting closer, but the train ultimately wins and smashes the car with the family inside in a bloody, gruesome manner. I turned the TV off after that, didn't even finish my cereal, and went back to bed with a :smithfrog: mentality.

Note: it's not Eraser. This story took place circa 1988, and the cars looked to be mid-70s, so I'm thinking the movie is actually from around that time. Please, oh please help me put this old memory to rest.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Gaggins posted:

Wow, thank you! Looks like it is extremely hard to get a hold of though. :(
His other early movie Accion Mutante is even more difficult to find (SF about disabled terrorists targeting Beautiful People), and just as evilly hilarious. I had them recorded on the same video then the machine ate it :(

Runcible Cat fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 25, 2012

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

I only remember bits and pieces of this so I'll do the best I can.

It probably came out mid to late 90s. I keep thinking Alec Baldwin was in it, but there is nothing to confirm that. Nothing on his IMDB jumps out as "that fits!" The lead actress was blonde.

From what I remember of the story, the main guy is a lawyer. I don't know if he moved into the south, or was living there already, but people start turning up dead. The main lawyer was a defense attorney and the dude who was offing people was a black guy who was all mad because he was raped, or had his genitials mutilated in prison.

I don't know if I'd care to see it again, but if I can figure out what it is, at least I can stop wondering.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Just Cause?

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

There was an 80's/90's comedy that had a scene with a payphone that was in a house instead of a regular phone for some reason. There were multiple scenes where they actors would try to drop coins in a jar to trick the operator into thinking they deposited money. My brain incorrectly inserted this into The Money Pit, which is wrong. I re-watched it (for the first time since I was a kid) with my wife because we just bought a house, and the phone in that movie is one of the few things that works correctly. Now I'm out of my head trying to figure out what movie that was actually in.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

The Aphasian posted:

There was an 80's/90's comedy that had a scene with a payphone that was in a house instead of a regular phone for some reason. There were multiple scenes where they actors would try to drop coins in a jar to trick the operator into thinking they deposited money. My brain incorrectly inserted this into The Money Pit, which is wrong. I re-watched it (for the first time since I was a kid) with my wife because we just bought a house, and the phone in that movie is one of the few things that works correctly. Now I'm out of my head trying to figure out what movie that was actually in.

Funny Farm with Chevy Chase.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
If I remember right, it was just a regular phone, but the operator was insistent that it was a pay phone, and wouldn't let them make calls unless they dropped in some money. So they do the dropping coins into a jar/can to fool her.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

anticake posted:

Funny Farm with Chevy Chase.

Thanks. Sometimes instead of a song getting stuck in my head a scene from a movie, book or TV show, misremembered or not, will loop until I identify it.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

What are these from?

Fiscal Conservative
Feb 26, 2006
I saw this movie in the late 90’s on either HBO or Stars, I have no idea what the plot was. It appeared to be some kind trashy 70s/80s adventure movie where the blonde headed hero was traveling with a young female cohort. They were being chased by a guy with a self propelled siege tower where he used this to assault a castle alone (probably because they had no money for extras?). I believe the evil guy was afflicted with small pox and popped blister at some point. Also there was a sex scene in a medieval hot tub.

I want to find out what the hell this movie was about because I remember the siege tower being laughably ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Fiscal Conservative posted:

I saw this movie in the late 90’s on either HBO or Stars, I have no idea what the plot was. It appeared to be some kind trashy 70s/80s adventure movie where the blonde headed hero was traveling with a young female cohort. They were being chased by a guy with a self propelled siege tower where he used this to assault a castle alone (probably because they had no money for extras?). I believe the evil guy was afflicted with small pox and popped blister at some point. Also there was a sex scene in a medieval hot tub.

I want to find out what the hell this movie was about because I remember the siege tower being laughably ridiculous.

Flesh+Blood http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089153/