Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yo, I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with the guys in England who named those paints, but there's something seriously wrong with you if your snot is green. Mine is usually clear or kind of white, maybe a little yellow if I'm sick or brown if I inhaled a lot of dust.

But green? Man, you're already decaying at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wyrd is releasing Easter flavor gremlins

dem ears

For sale now to the end of April

http://www.wyrd-games.net/content.php?165-EASTER-IS-COMING-Speshul-Eggslusive-Gremlins

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
So I tried this a while back, but I am revisiting the idea; Space Sharks, which one do you prefer?

Number one, an updated tribute to the original chapter insignia.

or

Number two, a nod to the new Carcharodons chapter insignia created by FW.

I would be printing them on transfer sheets so would be on Space Marine shoulders as well as vehicles and dreads.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I always preferred the hilarious angry shark face.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Yo, I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with the guys in England who named those paints, but there's something seriously wrong with you if your snot is green. Mine is usually clear or kind of white, maybe a little yellow if I'm sick or brown if I inhaled a lot of dust.

But green? Man, you're already decaying at that point.

I always assumed that it was called 'Snot Green' because it's the color for Snotlings, not because it's supposed to look like mucous. Snotlings are, in fact, a particularly bright and vibrant green.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

The first one looks more like a badge, the second looks more like a logo.

So I guess it's a question of how corporate you want your mans to be.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

S.J. posted:

I always preferred the hilarious angry shark face.

I like it too, but I don't know if I could actually put this:

On my manz, so I made it slightly less goofy.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Indolent Bastard posted:

So I tried this a while back, but I am revisiting the idea; Space Sharks, which one do you prefer?

Number one, an updated tribute to the original chapter insignia.

or

Number two, a nod to the new Carcharodons chapter insignia created by FW.

I would be printing them on transfer sheets so would be on Space Marine shoulders as well as vehicles and dreads.

I would do the second one on shoulderpads, with the top one as an occasional larger logo on vehicles or banners.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a guide for painting Grey Knights to an above table top standard? I really like the look of the "Blue Steel" Grey Knights, with the Mithril Silver armor and Azurmen Blue wash, but i cant for the life of me find a guide.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer

CommissarRed posted:

Anyone know of a guide for painting Grey Knights to an above table top standard? I really like the look of the "Blue Steel" Grey Knights, with the Mithril Silver armor and Azurmen Blue wash, but i cant for the life of me find a guide.

Taken a look at this one yet?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Indolent Bastard posted:

On my manz, so I made it slightly less goofy.

I meant your version of it, actually, but yeah.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Indolent Bastard posted:

On my manz

why the gently caress not

Assuming I have my guard painted, when sixth drops and the space marines inevitably get a new book I'm making a space sharks army

(just kidding I'm buying more dudes regardless)

:gonk:

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 29, 2012

Loaf32
Feb 18, 2007

I'M NOT ABOUT TO START SPENDING MONEY ON THE FORUMS, THANKS.

KozmoNaut posted:

I wonder how best to DIY something similar?

Very fine metal particles mixed up with paint?

Best thing I've found for making little pustules is to get the insanely tiny plastic beads out of a spent Brita water filter cartridge. It's a little bit of a hassle because it's mixed with equally fine bits of charcoal, but it's worth it when you get an effect not too dissimilar to the one on the Forgeworld Nurgle dread.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

S.J. posted:

I meant your version of it, actually, but yeah.

Perhaps a hybrid of old one and the updated one?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Bad Munki posted:

Space Dolphins

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

They'll infiltrate your army with mediocre standup comedy and free mixed drinks; not really considered an enemy by anyone.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Out of interest, do any of the independent online shops have the new paint range for preorder ? I can't see them in my usual places.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I know Spikey Bits has them for preorder but the guy who runs that store rubs me the wrong way.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I know Spikey Bits has them for preorder but the guy who runs that store rubs me the wrong way.

You shouldn't stand up for that; blatant sexual harassment like that is not cool. :v:

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

MasterSlowPoke posted:

His poo poo on BoLS pisses me off. It's the most thinly veiled product placement and lovely conversions imaginable. It seems like they only let him run articles cause he's a sponsor. Also, he always finishes his posts by saying that they offer free US Shipping and super cheap international shipping.

I emailed him to put in an order for some GW paint and bits and his reply was: "We don't ship internationally." and then he says that if I wanted anything shipped to Canada, I'd have to shop from his Ebay store. I really didn't understand or have time for that bullshit, especially since what I wanted wasn't in his eBay store but was on his webpage.

Came off as a huge rear end in a top hat and I took my business to The Warstore even though it was slightly more expensive.

At least I know that Neal will take care of me.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Neal is a bro.
Quick quotes, cheap shipping, fast delivery.

If I can't buy from my local game shops, I buy from him.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
I'll buy a blister or paint or something for using folks' tables, but other than that its warstore every time.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Some better shots:

Guard Captain

Command Squad marking

Regimental marking

Bodyguards

Meltagunners

Radioman

Advisor

More pics in the album here.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 29, 2012

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Sweet looking dudes, A|W. Nice to see you painting again.

Here's some sweet trollblood stuff I painted:

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

I'm somewhat happy with this. The base is going to be the same colours as the "rock" from it's body.

Wish I could achieve the crisp look but it doesn't seem like I'll ever get that.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Angryboot posted:

Taken a look at this one yet?

I havent, but this is perfect. Thanks!

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Enentol posted:

His poo poo on BoLS pisses me off. It's the most thinly veiled product placement and lovely conversions imaginable. It seems like they only let him run articles cause he's a sponsor. Also, he always finishes his posts by saying that they offer free US Shipping and super cheap international shipping.

It's not like BoLS is the epitome of quality in the first place.

Also those new paints need to come out already, I want to start putting paint on my space woofs.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
How could I not get this guy?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

There's basically no reason not to get that guy.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
drat I've been thinking about getting a Nurgle Daemon Prince Gentleman.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Hey guys, I'm getting rid of drat near everything:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3475398&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post402056457

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Did they change/fix the Vallejo Model Air Gold? I have two bottles of it that are drastically different colors. I shook each forever and even opened them up and stirred them to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Quick comparison of blobs from the two bottles:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Dominion posted:

Did they change/fix the Vallejo Model Air Gold? I have two bottles of it that are drastically different colors. I shook each forever and even opened them up and stirred them to make sure that wasn't the issue.

Quick comparison of blobs from the two bottles:

Two different color golds? If not, then yes, they changed it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Sole.Sushi posted:

Two different color golds? If not, then yes, they changed it.

Nope, both labeled "Oro/Gold" and have the same model number. I guess my question was whether they changed it or whether one of mine was a bad bottle. I have two bottles of Bright Brass that are different too but they're much closer to each other than the golds.

If they did change it then that's awesome because the shittiness/silveriness of the golds was my only complaint about the VMA metallics.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

Dominion posted:

Nope, both labeled "Oro/Gold" and have the same model number. I guess my question was whether they changed it or whether one of mine was a bad bottle. I have two bottles of Bright Brass that are different too but they're much closer to each other than the golds.

If they did change it then that's awesome because the shittiness/silveriness of the golds was my only complaint about the VMA metallics.

The VGC line also changed at some point. I love all my old paints that come out nice and thinned. A few are too thin, but that's fine. The stuff I bought more recently is basically pigment with half the medium in the bottle. It's fine since I have a ton of acrylic medium to use, but I could see it being annoying.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I'll dig mine out of my paint case and take a look at it in a bit.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Does anyone play/collect Anima Tactics that might be able to answer a question for me? I'm trying to get an idea of how big this dude is:

"Wrath of Nature." Height of the model, base size, etc. I can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
We just finished a whole Month o' Contemptors at our blog. You dudes should check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I want to run a Nurgle Daemon Prince but I only have one of these Khornesque metal ones. What reasonable conversion work might I do to make it appear Nurglier?

• Locked thread