Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Yeah I stick to the number system too. All the pBlank eBlank poo poo reeks of one of those "in-the-know" things that inevitably ends up making the game less approachable for new players. It's not a big deal, but straw that broke the camels back etc.

Edit: Where do you guys get your terrain/modeling supplies? For stuff like tape measures and clippers I'm just using Lowe's but what about things like Green Stuff and modeling glues/epoxies? And cool terrain? I was looking at these guys: http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=287 but I'm curious what else is out there.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Does anyone know how this is for a newbies 25point list? Butcher, Berserker, Juggernaut, Destroyer and 5 Man-O-War Shocks?

To add on a little bit: Man-O-Wars are not a good unit to take if you will only have one unit. I know they look sweet as heck and seem like heavy hitters-and they are, but they are also very expensive and limited in use.

I started using MoW democorp stubbornly for the first few months I played, but I dropped them after realizing they didn't play in a way I enjoyed. That being said, I think the overall point is that Khador CAN play slow and jack heavy, and that's a thing some people love. Khador can also play a really in your grill infantry style. It takes some messing around to figure out how you enjoy to play the game, but there's a ton of option within even a canonically "simple" faction like Khador.

Washout posted:

It's fine but awfully slow (so not fine really). I'd personally always use a unint of Kayazy with pBucher. They become kind of retarded with iron flesh and are nice and fast, you throw it on them after they move and let it expire and recast it if you really need to get them somewhere. Ironically a big melee beatstick like pButcher just loving loves ranged units. Normally you would have widows and 2 mortars as first picks with him in every list. His feat makes shooting units just brutal.

You are playing a super jack heavy force with an infantry caster. I'd highly recommend switching to a more infantry heavy list, or changing out to a jack caster like pVlad, pSorscha would work too.

pVlad is a good jack caster, but he is a better infantry caster. He boosts everything, which means that getting lots of attacks boosted is better than getting a few loving beefy attacks boosted. Also, he doesn't really solve the speed issues that Khador has with jacks, making it difficult to run more than two. The other option is the berserker clusterfuck army, which I don't know much about, but it seems really gimmicky (and expensive).

!amicable fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 29, 2012

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Yeah, and Gaspy instead of asphixious, but that's because it's so much easier to type. I like that one though because it's cute. ^_^

I think I'll start trying to remember Denny1 Denny2 etc though. That is not only easier to understand but it's also easier to type. I honestly wish there was an abbreviated way to spell Scorcha though. I always gently caress it up and have to go look it up on battlecollege or whatever.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Washout posted:

It's fine but awfully slow (so not fine really). I'd personally always use a unint of Kayazy with pBucher. They become kind of retarded with iron flesh and are nice and fast, you throw it on them after they move and let it expire and recast it if you really need to get them somewhere. Ironically a big melee beatstick like pButcher just loving loves ranged units. Normally you would have widows and 2 mortars as first picks with him in every list. His feat makes shooting units just brutal.

You are playing a super jack heavy force with an infantry caster. I'd highly recommend switching to a more infantry heavy list, or changing out to a jack caster like pVlad, pSorscha would work too.

Does pVlad work well with berserkers? I know literally nothing about this game, having played 1 match so far. The main thing that drew me here was the jacks.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 29, 2012

Syrnn
Aug 16, 2004

DJ Dizzy posted:

Does pVlad work well with berserkers? Or what faction is the best at a pure jack force?

I haven't heard any agreed upon "best" 'jack heavy army, because all of the factions bring about an equally crazy mix into the fray. What IS important to know is that each faction seems to have a caster or two is has particularly higher synergy with their 'jacks, and so they run very well with a high amount, regardless of their actual focus amount.

A few good examples include Cygnar's Darius has a spell list that pretty much caters solely to making his 'jacks tougher and more vicious, with a feat that can, ideally, bring the whole army from near death to absolutely full repair.
Similarly, Khador's Karchev facilitates an extremely aggressive 'jack heavy play, and he himself is practically a 'jack. Between spells like Tow and his feat, it gives a rather unprecedented amount of threat and mobility to some of the heaviest hitting (and normally slowest) 'jacks in the game!

Everyone has someone, and off the top of my head, others include Amon ad-Raza for Menoth, Mortenebra for Cryx, and to a lesser extent, Vyros for Ret. The same can be said about the Hordes factions, so the bottom line really is "Which 'jacks do you like best?" and go with a caster that then suits playing an army which brings a plethora of them into battle. I've quickly discovered this personally, the adage that all you have to do to play an entirely new army is change the Warcaster is one of the boldest understatements about the game. Sure, army composition adds a lot, but the difference between how ad-Raza plays over either Severius, or Karchev over the Old Witch is so dramatic that there's really no way to quantify it.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Mortenebra is probably the best pure jack caster. Darius used to be awesome but I think he got a huge nerf. Cryx just seems to have more different types of jacks then any other faction. You have tiny super fast bone jacks, and gigantic hard hitting monsters like the deathjack. And they almost all have super crazy individual rules instead of more of a set theme that you see with the other factions.

I have large Menoth and Cryx forces and although the synergy is much better in Menoth (obviously) the individual jacks just don't seem to have the same kind of oomph that the cryx jacks do. It also seems like there are less "high tier" jacks and you just tend to take the same 2 or 3 depending on the warcaster. Cryx warjack fragility is kind of a misnomer because there are not any warjacks that you won't focus fire on and take out in one turn once you get the hang of the game anyway.

I don't really have as much experience playing with or against all jack Khador or Cygnar forces. Probably because both of them have such amazing infantry options that you would never really want to leave them out. I guess the gimmick all berserker Vlad1 force is amazing, but it's expensive and boring.

edit: Even after saying all this, you can continue to play jack heavy forces with any of the factions and do well. You don't have to pick one of the dedicated jack casters to have a jack heavy force. But you would generally only want one warjack with casters like Butcher1. But I just don't know enough about Khador to tell you the casters that would generally work well with a mixed force. As I said earlier Vlad1 is one of those mixed role casters, but he does work much better with a single jack and all infantry. This is powergamer talk though, and it only really matters for tournaments.

Washout fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 29, 2012

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Thanks for the answers! I had a look at Karchev, and he seems pretty difficult to use properly, given the slowness of khador. What would be the most logical step in expanding from the khador part of the 2-player battle box?

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
Karchev isn't slow. In fact, of all the casters listed he's one of the fastest thanks to his Tow spell. That being said, I've always felt that Karchev is always best run with only 3-4 jacks with stand alone support, since he can only really make 3 jacks fast: the rest have to plod along in typical Khador fashion.

Since Khador Jacks are really a support element to their infantry, most of their casters, sad to say, work best with 1-2 jacks. Since you're still learning the game, 1-2 jacks is plenty to try proxying the rest of the jacks that Khador has and seeing what works. So the best thing to expand into would probably be infantry.

If you're willing to put up with their ugly sculpts, get Winter Guard or Kayazy Assassins. They are both meat and potatos units that will do well with just about any caster. Make sure to get their respective Unit Attachments as well. In the case of Winter Guard, getting Kovnik Joe, a Winter Guard solo, is a must.

If you want something prettier, then get Doom Reavers. Nothing says pretty like a green-glowing Hell Sword after all.

And finally, if you really want a 3rd jack to round out your Battle Box, get a Spriggan. It's a solid jack, it gets around the slow speed with Reach and it's multipurpose enough to fit in most lists. Also, it's even harder to kill than most other Khador warjacks.

Big thing though would be to start trying out the different casters and getting a feel for how the faction works.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Cryx jack fragility is a very real thing. Boosted pow 12 damage shots routinely take huge chunks/systems off of the slayer-chassis jacks. Its ugly. I went from playing skorne and basically having my beasts be immune to that sort of thing, to having to really worry about it. The worst is when a 9 point seether gets dinged a couple times and loses an arm or cortex. Blech.

Butcher1 can run 2 jacks like a boss. 3 is pushing it, but possible.

Mikael Kreoss
Feb 13, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Gay Polymers posted:

That's why I really prefer the Privateer endorsed system of throwing a number after them. Kreoss1, Kreoss2, and Kreoss3 make infinitely more sense to newcomers than pKreoss, eKreoss, and lKreoss... that poo poo's not even mildly understandable.

I prefer Me1, Me2, and M3. :smug:

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Poop Delicatessen posted:

Minifeat Zealots can also have the blessing up that gives them protection from spells, so they can only be damaged by feats for that turn.

Read the ability closer, it's "can't be targeted by spells". You can still use one of your own models as the target of the spell and place the template over enemy models.

crime fighting hog posted:

So last year my store ran a doubles tournament with the stipulation that the 2 vs. 2 games, the partners could not use the same faction. I believe my friends to Menoth and Cygnar and cleaned house pretty readily, but it got me thinking, what would the meanest combination of two feats be?

Me and a friend actually took first at a similar event with eLlyth and eHaley, it was pretty drat brutal. eDenny and eKruger is also a pretty drat good combo.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

PaintVagrant posted:

Cryx jack fragility is a very real thing. Boosted pow 12 damage shots routinely take huge chunks/systems off of the slayer-chassis jacks. Its ugly. I went from playing skorne and basically having my beasts be immune to that sort of thing, to having to really worry about it. The worst is when a 9 point seether gets dinged a couple times and loses an arm or cortex. Blech.

Butcher1 can run 2 jacks like a boss. 3 is pushing it, but possible.

You kind of got a double whammy there too though, since beasts in general are more resilient to damage. Cryx can take more incidental damage on the way in, but where it does not seem to matter is after they get stuck in. A giant armored jack will generally be dealt with just as quickly.

After playing Menoth and Cryx for a while I've ended up preferring the higher speed over the arm, it just seems to give you so many more tactically offensive options, rather then the passive better armor, then the armor never seems to matter on the final assault. But in general I'm terrible with passive casters, and much better on offense.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Mikael Kreoss posted:

I prefer Me1, Me2, and M3. :smug:

Of course you do. My cat is actually named Feora, that's how big a dork I am about Menoth. :v:

I have a ton of unpainted Menites, a ton of unpainted Skorne, and I am seriously considering starting a Merc army or a Farrow army. What is wrong with me? :(

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Gay Polymers posted:

Of course you do. My cat is actually named Feora, that's how big a dork I am about Menoth. :v:

I have a ton of unpainted Menites, a ton of unpainted Skorne, and I am seriously considering starting a Merc army or a Farrow army. What is wrong with me? :(

You have too much disposable income that you need to give to me so I can buy a whole bunch more Menoth and Skorne?

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Menoth and Skorne players unite!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Hey guys, I'm getting rid of a lot of Warhammer stuff but a few Warmachine things too: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3475398&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post402056457

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?

Excelsiortothemax posted:

You have too much disposable income that you need to give to me so I can buy a whole bunch more Menoth and Skorne?

I actually have very little disposable income, but like to waste it on cool poo poo anyways. :v:

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Gay Polymers posted:

I actually have very little disposable income, but like to waste it on cool poo poo anyways. :v:

I too am the same way. Get new glasses or order a whole bunch or miniature plastic robots? Eeeh I can see relatively fine....ROBOTS IT IS!

Acceptableloss
May 2, 2011

Numerous, effective and tenacious: We must remember to hire them next time....oh, nevermind.
So I just played against eGaspy for the first time tonight. I gave him to my friend who is a Cryx player for his birthday. We played a 35 pt game and he used Bane Thralls + Tartarus and Trollkin + Gerlak along with Withershadow and like two 'jacks.

I got to see some of the heinous stuff that eGaspy can do, but I think it could be worse. We didn't notice until after the game that Bile Thralls purge is a *attack so they could be brought back with his feat and then purge all over everything, so they seem like they should be a no brainer to include with eGaspy.

What is the "standard" eGaspy tourney list? I would think full Banes + full Mechthralls + min Bile Thralls + Tartarus. What else?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Acceptableloss posted:

So I just played against eGaspy for the first time tonight. I gave him to my friend who is a Cryx player for his birthday. We played a 35 pt game and he used Bane Thralls + Tartarus and Trollkin + Gerlak along with Withershadow and like two 'jacks.

I got to see some of the heinous stuff that eGaspy can do, but I think it could be worse. We didn't notice until after the game that Bile Thralls purge is a *attack so they could be brought back with his feat and then purge all over everything, so they seem like they should be a no brainer to include with eGaspy.

What is the "standard" eGaspy tourney list? I would think full Banes + full Mechthralls + min Bile Thralls + Tartarus. What else?

Uh they can't be brought back with the feat and attack, Purge is a ranged attack. They also lack a melee weapon, so they can't even charge like the feat says they must. :v:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Acceptableloss posted:

Lich Lord Asphyxious (*6pts)
* Nightwretch (4pts)
* Deathjack (12pts)
* Skarlock Thrall (2pts)
Bane Knights (Leader and 9 Grunts) (10pts)
Bane Thralls (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard (3pts)
Bile Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
The Withershadow Combine (5pts)
Bane Lord Tartarus (4pts)
General Gerlak Slaughterborn (3pts)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I have my first Steamroller on Saturday! 2 50pt lists, no character restriction.

I'm definitely running an eCaine list, but I'm not so sure what I want to take as my second.

I would take eHaley for scenario play, but I don't have a Thunderhead and my local store doesn't have one in stock so I won't be able to get one before go-time.

So right now I'm debating between a Siege list or a eStryker list. I'm leaning toward Siege because I feel like eCaine and eStryker have really similar play styles.

Here's the Siege list I'm considering:
System: Warmachine
Faction: Cygnar
Casters: 1/1
Major Markus 'Siege' Brisbane (*5pts)
* Defender (9pts)
* Stormclad (10pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
* * Defender (9pts)
Greygore Boomhowler & Co. (Boomhowler and 9 Grunts) (9pts)
Rangers (5pts)
Captain Arlan Strangewayes (2pts)
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (1pts)

Any thoughts? I'm thinking about ditching the second Defender for a Hunter to get JR in there but it significantly butchers my feat turn.

Alternatively, here's an eHaley list I was messing with:

System: Warmachine
Faction: Cygnar
Casters: 1/1
Major Victoria Haley (*5pts)
* Thorn (8pts)
* Stormclad (10pts)
* Squire (2pts)
Arcane Tempest Gun Mages (Leader and 5 Grunts) (6pts)
* Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer (2pts)
* * Defender (9pts)
Horgenhold Forge Guard (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Captain Arlan Strangewayes (2pts)
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution (3pts)
Journeyman Warcaster (3pts)
Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord (2pts)

fadam fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 30, 2012

Pfhreak
Jan 30, 2004

Frog Blast The Vent Core!
PHOTO BOMB INBOUND!

So my wife is enjoying the hell out of painting, but has no interest in actually playing the game. I have several hordes battle boxes I need painted as demo pieces for the store where I Press Gang.

A match made in heaven?

(Please excuse cell phone shots in harsh game store lighting.)

She was going for an Indian Subcontinent vibe with the circle -- lots of gem tones, bright colors, darker skin. For the Skorne she really wanted to create a North African/Middle Eastern scheme -- really emphasize they are warriors by using lots of heavy looking metals.

Also, she's run out of models to paint (she refuses to paint my Menoth because she doesn't like my 'drab and boring color scheme'.) I keep telling her she should paint some minis on commission, but she doesn't feel like her work is high enough quality.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Tell her that I will send her lots of money if she paints my miniatures. I totally suck at painting and your wife is amazing!

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

She would accumulate a 6 month backlog in about 30 seconds I think.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Washout posted:

She would accumulate a 6 month backlog in about 30 seconds I think.

Tell her that I would pay her for all my Skorne to be painted like that. They look amazing and she has a lot of skill and shouldn't sell herself short.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My brother and I just played our first game of Warmachine, with his Khador battlebox versus my Cryx box(minus a Bonejack). I have a few really stupid questions to ask. We're running off of the Quick Start rules at the moment.

1. Does a spell count as a ranged attack? As in, can a Warcaster use a ranged spell and then make a melee or ranged attack without spending additional focus?

2. When a model with Reach is engaging a model without Reach, does the model without Reach count as being in melee during its turn? Also, I presumed that Reach weapons allow the model to make free attacks on any model that leaves its 2" melee range?

3. The Continuing Corrosion effect just does one box of damage a turn, right?

I'm sure we screwed up a lot of things, but we had a blast. I could tell that he was sold on the game when his armless, crippled Juggernaut managed to headbutt my Slayer into an early grave.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

My brother and I just played our first game of Warmachine, with his Khador battlebox versus my Cryx box(minus a Bonejack). I have a few really stupid questions to ask. We're running off of the Quick Start rules at the moment.

1. Does a spell count as a ranged attack? As in, can a Warcaster use a ranged spell and then make a melee or ranged attack without spending additional focus?

2. When a model with Reach is engaging a model without Reach, does the model without Reach count as being in melee during its turn? Also, I presumed that Reach weapons allow the model to make free attacks on any model that leaves its 2" melee range?

3. The Continuing Corrosion effect just does one box of damage a turn, right?

I'm sure we screwed up a lot of things, but we had a blast. I could tell that he was sold on the game when his armless, crippled Juggernaut managed to headbutt my Slayer into an early grave.

1. Spells are their own special category, you can cast spells at targets when you are in melee but only against targets that you are engaging. Example is dennys spray attack, but then again she can freely leave engagements with witch barbs so not the best example. You cannot use ranged attacks against engaged opponents unless you have gunfighter special rule or something.

You can also interrupt attacks by inserting spells in anywhere during activation. So you could declare a charge from outside spell range, engage the target, cast a debuff, then hit with your charge attack, buy more attacks or cast more spells etc. And then if you kill the target and still have focus left over you could cast spells at any other targets like you could normally.

2. Yes the model without reach can freely wander around as long as it stays engaged. So it just moves up and attacks on it's turn (without leaving melee range it moves without taking a free strike), unless it's immobilized or frozen or something. And yes, leaving a models engagement range, reach or not, means free strikes.

3. Yes.

Washout fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 30, 2012

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Ok, so I tried something else for a 30point list. Karchev, Berserker, Destroyer, Juggernaut, 4 widowmakers, Full mechaniks+officer and 3 greylord ternions. Does this work in any shape or fashion, as a first army list? Or alternatively: Sorcscha, Destroyer, Juggernaut, Greylord ternions, 3 man-o-war shock troopers and a full squad of battlemechs+officer

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 30, 2012

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

If you're running Karchev make sure to take Koldun Lords to help ease the focus burden, other than that it looks pretty solid. I would try to fit Beast 09 in there though personally.

Sign
Jul 18, 2003

DJ Dizzy posted:

Ok, so I tried something else for a 30point list. Karchev, Berserker, Destroyer, Juggernaut, 4 widowmakers, Full mechaniks+officer and 3 greylord ternions. Does this work in any shape or fashion, as a first army list? Or alternatively: Sorcscha, Destroyer, Juggernaut, Greylord ternions, 3 man-o-war shock troopers and a full squad of battlemechs+officer

Haven't played any Karchev so I won't comment on it, but the second list doesn't seem very good to me. Sorscha2 almost begs for winterguard with desperate pace and elite cadre. I assumed it was Sorscha2 since that makes your point total add up to 25.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Sign posted:

Haven't played any Karchev so I won't comment on it, but the second list doesn't seem very good to me. Sorscha2 almost begs for winterguard with desperate pace and elite cadre. I assumed it was Sorscha2 since that makes your point total add up to 25.

It's Sorscha1

EDIT: I reworked my Karchev list: Karchev with Beast 9, 4 mechaniks with a destroyer, Koldun lord with a juggernaut and widowmakers.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Mar 30, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Washout posted:

1. Spells are their own special category, you can cast spells at targets when you are in melee but only against targets that you are engaging. Example is dennys spray attack, but then again she can freely leave engagements with witch barbs so not the best example. You cannot use ranged attacks against engaged opponents unless you have gunfighter special rule or something.

There is no Targeting restriction for spells when you are Engaged. You can Target any model you have LoS to; with a spell that is. The reason why it doesn't work with Ranged is that Ranged Attacks specifically say you can not make Ranged Attacks when you are Engaged.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

DJ Dizzy posted:

It's Sorscha1

EDIT: I reworked my Karchev list: Karchev with Beast 9, 4 mechaniks with a destroyer, Koldun lord with a juggernaut and widowmakers.

Don't actually give the Koldun Lord any of the 'jacks, you'll want them to be able to benefit from the feat. He's just there for power booster and maybe hitting some dudes with magic later in the game.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

S.J. posted:

Don't actually give the Koldun Lord any of the 'jacks, you'll want them to be able to benefit from the feat. He's just there for power booster and maybe hitting some dudes with magic later in the game.
Truf.

Power Booster and a competent magic spray is easily one of the best rule combos in the game. Koldun Lords and Warwitch Sirens are always worth it, IMO.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

There is no Targeting restriction for spells when you are Engaged. You can Target any model you have LoS to; with a spell that is. The reason why it doesn't work with Ranged is that Ranged Attacks specifically say you can not make Ranged Attacks when you are Engaged.

Really? I could have sworn that was the case. Damnit, I need to start bringing my Prime to work...

edit: New v1.3 SR2012 rules are out, get them here

http://privateerpress.com/files/SR2012_Rules_V1.3.pdf

Big changes to Guidons, Supply and Demand, and a couple other things.

Korwen fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 30, 2012

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
Finished up my Wold Guardian. I just figured out how to use my camera properly and now I have depression because it so easily points out my painting flaws. That being said- pretty happy with it, and it looks brilliant if you squint...

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

I'm currently putting together my Titan Gladiator that came in the starter pack and am pretty disappointed by the huge gaps in all the pieces after assembly. Is this normal for these minis? I'm going to have to spend hours filling gaps with putty now :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

hobocrunch posted:

Finished up my Wold Guardian. I just figured out how to use my camera properly and now I have depression because it so easily points out my painting flaws. That being said- pretty happy with it, and it looks brilliant if you squint...

That looks pretty awesome, the glowing blue is very cool. I would have done another accent color in there, maybe put a little bit of contrast on the base, but it looks good. Don't let photography get you down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah blue, especially bright blue, is basically the worst thing to photograph. It looks cool man.

• Locked thread