Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

piemanmoo posted:

If Rose, Vriska, and Aranea all were Light players who reached God Tier, why is Aranea the only one who displayed healing abilities? Shouldn't Rose have been able to heal WV without waiting for a dead Witch of Life to do it for her?

Probably 'healing' powers (or any sort of RPG-type powers) are the result of the combination of class and title. So Seers of Light see outward, Slyphs of Light see inward, and Thieves of Light do something else entirely.

Cabbit posted:

Maybe. I think it's far more likely that healing isn't the exclusive purview of Life, it just has a higher predilection towards it as an element.

Yeah. Plus various class/title combinations might have different qualities of healing. To put it in RPG terms, you've got the White Mage (all healing spells), the Black Mage (all damage spells) and the Red Mage (weaker versions of both healing and damage spells)

glug posted:

I doubt it, since they said they were nowhere near powerful enough to do a damned thing by the time the reckoning came, and demolished their battlefield.

My suspicion is that they dawdled too long in their individual quests and didn't get to the reckoning until it was too late. This would parallel nicely with the A2-trolls, who mostly ignored their personal quests in favor of just brute-forcing the game and essentially speed-running it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Lupus Rufus posted:

So I just realized a way we can get a THIRD overpowered supervillain. Okay, so the Condesce is already pretty powerful. But I'm starting to suspect she could become a godtier Thief of Life. After all, Jane does have a Life quest bed. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

One reason I think this could happen is that, thematically, Homestuck explores the idea of growing up and coming into your own as a person. And now, with Act 6, it's really been blurring the lines between Guardian and Kid. We see kid versions of Mindfang and the Condesce out in the Furthest Ring, as well as kid versions of the B1 Guardians. I don't think it would be entirely out of place to see the Condesce do something ridiculous, like trick someone into killing her on Jane's quest bed.

I'm not sure how powerful being god-tier really is. I mean, Bec Noir defeated a god-tier, and the Black King of the troll session probably would've defeated Vriska on her own.

I'd suspect instead that Lord English has ways of his own to enhance the powers of his servants. Remember the Handmaiden seemed to be powered by the Green Sun in some manner or other, so the same might apply here. It'd be better to develop that sort of corrupting power rather than try to hijack the godtier thing, I'd think.

I've also been hoping to see a player or even a few players end up on Lord English's side, willingly or not, and having the green sun's power corrupt them would be an interesting route. After all, considering the players haven't really had a chance to fight many bosses or powerful characters yet (the Handmaiden died to the Condesce, Bec Noir's just cut through anyone he's faced and will probably die to PM, Doc Scratch died to enable Lord English, Snowman died to destroy the universe, etc, etc) so I wouldn't bank on them fighting the Condesce in battle, but player-conflict's been really common.

drat, I remember way back when people speculated John and Dave would fight some day. That'd be neat to see, even if it's narratively difficult to conceive of.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Dolash posted:

drat, I remember way back when people speculated John and Dave would fight some day. That'd be neat to see, even if it's narratively difficult to conceive of.

I'd rather see Dave and a god-tiered Dirk duke it out.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I'd rather see Dave and a god-tiered Dirk duke it out.

The character I most want to see Dave fighting is Sawtooth.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bongo Bill posted:

The character I most want to see Dave fighting is Sawtooth.
I would really, really like to see something akin to Dave: Accelerate, except with Hussie's new chops with Flash, and Dave's powers as the Knight of Time. It's been too drat long since a proper combat flash. Years, I think. Doesn't even need selectable options, just a proper "look at this cool kid kicking rear end".

creationist believer posted:

[S] Prince of Heart: Rise Up
Whoops, forgot about that one.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 30, 2012

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Colon V posted:

I would really, really like to see something akin to [S] Dave: Accelerate, except with Hussie's new chops with Flash, and Dave's powers as the Knight of Time. It's been too drat long since a proper combat flash. Years, I think. Doesn't even need selectable options, just a proper "look at this cool kid kicking rear end".

[S] Prince of Heart: Rise Up doesn't count? I mean I guess it was entirely callbacks to old strifes, but...

Edit: Update. Are we leaving the dream bubble already? I kind of thought we'd stay here until 4/13 when Act 6.3 would start.

creationist believer fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 30, 2012

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Bobulus posted:

My suspicion is that they dawdled too long in their individual quests and didn't get to the reckoning until it was too late. This would parallel nicely with the A2-trolls, who mostly ignored their personal quests in favour of just brute-forcing the game and essentially speed-running it.

Now this is an idea. I'd been thinking maybe they went god-tier after they had already lost for some reason, as as far as we've seen the planets and such still hang around after the reckoning is done with. If more than one of the players went god tier it does raise the interesting question of how they all died.

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

It seems like it would be tricky for twelve god-tiers at the end of the world to fenagle heroic and/or just deaths.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Pester posted:

It seems like it would be tricky for twelve god-tiers at the end of the world to fenagle heroic and/or just deaths.

They die in their effort to cause the scratch, which is heroic since they're giving the creation of a new universe another chance?

And if they intentionally rig up the aforementioned death because it's heroic in order to escape being wiped, you could say that's a cynical exploitation of what it means to be a hero in order to save their own skins from the scratch-reset, in which case they can net a just death. It's a win-win.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Man that is one really long branch.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Pester posted:

Which is where our old friend the Thief of Life comes in, I'd think.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Anybody know what the pink orb we're looking at now is? Feel like I've seen it before.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dolash posted:

Anybody know what the pink orb we're looking at now is? Feel like I've seen it before.

Well the pink orb itself is just a dreambubble viewed from the outside, it does look similar to the green sun sort of.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Does Rose still have that crystal ball? It kind of looks like one, and a Dream Bubble -> crystal ball transition would kinda fit.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!
Update!

Oh snap, some combat action between between PG and Noir! :D
He looks scared as all hell.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Thundarr posted:

Does Rose still have that crystal ball? It kind of looks like one, and a Dream Bubble -> crystal ball transition would kinda fit.

No longer relevant, but either she left it on LOHAC, or it was with her body on the Battlefield.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

You almost have to feel sorry for Jack at this point. "We've been doing this for a year, and you're STILL mad!?"

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

TOAST7312 posted:

Update!

Oh snap, some combat action between between PG and Noir! :D
He looks scared as all hell.

He wants to stab her, but in a kind of friendly way, you know?

Just strugglin with all these emotions

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
PM's face looks kind of dopey in the most recent panel. You can't really see her snout because of it all being white and the face is already pretty small. It looks like she has this really tiny mouth off to the side like she's Sonic the Hedgehog in Sonic '06 or something.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Huh. I can "see" the snout perfectly well. :shobon:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm wondering if this isn't in their subjective past. If they're still at a standstill after a full year, then it means Aradia's intervention happened off-screen and accomplished nothing.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Jack had a large head start over PM in his chase after the kids. Aradia probably slowed him down long enough for PM to catch up.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I'm wondering if this isn't in their subjective past. If they're still at a standstill after a full year, then it means Aradia's intervention happened off-screen and accomplished nothing.

I'm guessing Aradia froze Jack again, which allowed PM to catch up. Jack then promptly got the gently caress out of dodge. But I guess we don't know (as of now, at the very least)

e:f,b

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006683

I really wish Hussie would stop using these sprites. Jack looks like he has a stickly torso that just splits in half at the bottom. It looks so awful. Not to mention how goofy the little wiggle-fight they're having on this page is.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Jack spends all that time looking for a worthwhile challenge and what does he do when he finds one? It looks like he's about to freak the gently caress out.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
On the upside, I'm not seeing rust or mustard on that sword so I guess Aradia and Sollux didn't get terminally Jack'd.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Update. That's not where I expected us to go at the moment, for sure.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh no! :ohdear:

Ms. Paint never hurt anyone. You should be ashamed, Lord English. :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I guess the implication is that he smacked her with the cane, but it looks like he just threw her.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Midnight Raider posted:

Update. That's not where I expected us to go at the moment, for sure.
to some extent I was expecting the whole hussie/mspaint/spades narrative to end at their implied doom 100 pages ago.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ms. Paint NO! :ohdear:

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Quick, everyone! If we stop loving her Hussie won't have to kill her!

....gently caress IT'S NOT POSSIBLE MS. PAINT NOOOOOO

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Ms. Paint, no! How dare you, English, you monster.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed
Well.

poo poo.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Why do I get the feeling we're heading to one mother of an [S] Showdown?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I get the feeling we're about to get another Doc Scratch-style narrative hijack.

Except it'll be by Lord English.

And he'll knock out Andrew to get it.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

If Ms. Paint dies the comic is ruined.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009

Roger Explosion posted:

I get the feeling we're about to get another Doc Scratch-style narrative hijack.

Except it'll be by Lord English.

And he'll knock out Andrew to get it.
The narration will be entirely in size 20 eye-searingly green all caps (with occasional colour vomit).

I'm so conflicted. I love Ms. Paint, but Lord English is so badass! :ohdear:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
English kills Ms. Paint and the website goes down immediately, never to return. Everyone is upset at first but eventually agrees it was probably for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Wrist Watch posted:

If Ms. Paint dies the comic is ruined.
The comic will just be called "Adventures".