Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I would kind of love it if Lord English wasn't out for blood and just stopped by to ruin everyone's day. Like, he just smacks Ms. Paint and laughs and that's all he does to her.

...and what happened to the rest of the Prospit exiles that were on Earth anyway? I would really love to see a scene where Hussie just strolls up through a fourth wall at the last moments before B1 gets wrecked by the red miles and picks up Ms. Paint but leaves behind everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Oh no. Hussie referenced Muppet Babies in his narration.

We aren't going to a good place.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think I'm now genuinely concerned for an author's self-insert. This feels really weird.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Supercar Gautier posted:

That Vriska sprite isn't by an art team member, though. I made one but I guess it wasn't what Andrew had in mind because he whipped that one up himself.

Did you post it somewhere? Can you post a link here, for comparison?

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Oh no. Hussie referenced Muppet Babies in his narration.

We aren't going to a good place.

Not a good place, the best place. We need some bees.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Colon V posted:

Great, now I won't be able to stop comparing Lord English and the Kingpin.

...that sounds like a bizarre crossover in the making.

...Marvelstuck?

Also, this update seems entirely too silly to be serious; which means some non-critical event of extreme imprtance is likely to happen.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
There's no way the next panel isn't some variation of "he's already here."

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It's okay. It appears Lord English can't fit through the hall doorway.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 31, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You gotta go through the door turnwise!

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

English wouldn't have his Green Sun powers here, would he? Like dog-tier Jade.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think LE is powered independently of the Green Sun. Green Sun things have the green electricity poo poo going on but LE, the Condesce, and the Handmaid all have rainbow seizure aura action.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The Green Sun is literally the top of Lord English's pimp cane. I'd wager that he has whatever powers he wants to have, regardless of where he happens to be.

He's still going to get shanked to death by Slick though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Thundarr posted:

He's still going to get shanked to death by Slick though.
It won't stick, though. Not convoluted enough.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.
True enough

If there's any such thing as a glitch that can bypass his immortality, it's a being that killed his own universe, while inside said universe, not dying along with it.

Which means that Slick is going to show LE his stabs, and that ends LE for that universe, right up until the cycle restarts again.

Because it would be totally fitting if the guy who's this big ominous, omnipotent villain, winds up getting offed by a half-dead thug with a knife :)

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

FT posted:

English wouldn't have his Green Sun powers here, would he? Like dog-tier Jade.

Jade still has her green sun powers, that whole thing about being between universes was just in regards to instantaneous/light speed teleportation. All the rest of her powers seem to be intact by how she Becphases through this wall.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Alectai posted:

True enough

If there's any such thing as a glitch that can bypass his immortality, it's a being that killed his own universe, while inside said universe, not dying along with it.

Which means that Slick is going to show LE his stabs, and that ends LE for that universe, right up until the cycle restarts again.

Because it would be totally fitting if the guy who's this big ominous, omnipotent villain, winds up getting offed by a half-dead thug with a knife :)
I strongly suspect this will be the case.

It's also a heck of a cliffhanger to pull away from Terezi meeting Meenah, though I suspect that brat, while being an antagonizer, won't actually be an enemy-even despite what we've seen. This might even go for the Condesce herself.

King of Solomon posted:

Aranea is Mindfang. She confirmed it herself. She's just the pre-Scratch (A1) version.
She is and she isn't. Aranea's been dead since before Scratch even arrived to Alternia, after all. She saw from birth to death the avatar of everything she wished to be, but she never actually got to be that person. (It kinda killed a theory of mine that the kids in B1/B2 would switch universes somehow as they grew older, but maybe it wasn't a strong one to begin with.)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

What he means is if she had landed in Mindfang's place, she would have become Mindfang. Aranea is to Mindfang what Dirk is to Bro.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

This is a greatest update

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Slick lives to stab another day.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hussie lives on Horse Island?

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Hussie lives on Horse Island?

You know that's where he'd want to live.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm glad to see the "shake the poo poo out of Doc Scratch" animation is still getting play! :allears:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Ok Hussie now you get out too

No wait don't go back for Ms Paint that's how everyone dies in the horror movies, nooooo

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm really glad to see that silly run / shake animation is still a thing.

Boneless Jogger posted:

You know that's where he'd want to live.

Land of Horses and Football Players

edit: He also just flipped a table, if we want to point out all the Hussie references.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
spade slick's flanderization is the best flanderization.

fake edit: that might be the quickest landing in MSpaint history.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Seriously though, where the gently caress does he live?

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
He lives in a spirited horse calendar.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Seriously though, where the gently caress does he live?

Clearly he lives on Humanimal Butler Island, as the service there is unimaginably good.
In fact it is simply not possible to live on Humanimal Butler Island and not get served.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Pessimism posted:

He lives in a spirited horse calendar.
But we haven't seen Hearts Boxcars though

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

JT Jag posted:

But we haven't seen Hearts Boxcars though

That's because we're in the alternate timeline where HB wasn't knocked into the calendar by Cans, but instead just died, along with the rest of Spade's Midnight Crew, remember?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Cabbit posted:

What he means is if she had landed in Mindfang's place, she would have become Mindfang. Aranea is to Mindfang what Dirk is to Bro.

It's also implied that she's genetically identical to Vriska, for what that's worth. So essentially there are four iterations of Vriska (one of which we haven't even seen yet!!!) spread between four timeframes and two universes, even before you get into beta timelines. I mean there's four Tavroses as well of course but you gotta take the good with the bad

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Android Blues posted:

It's also implied that she's genetically identical to Vriska, for what that's worth. So essentially there are four iterations of Vriska (one of which we haven't even seen yet!!!) spread between four timeframes and two universes, even before you get into beta timelines. I mean there's four Tavroses as well of course but you gotta take the good with the bad
Whoah, hold your spirited horses. Mindfang/Areana does not equal Vriska, they're different entities. Remember when Karkat made a buncha grubs? He made two spidery ones. Vriska (and her other version, we haven't seen what Vriska was like in A1 yet when she was Areana's ancestor) was one of them, and Areana (or Mindfang, depending on timeline and universe) was the another.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 31, 2012

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Since it has been brought up a few times in the last few days:
I have been taking the 'ancestors are basically genetic copies ala Clone High' aspect of the story for fact whilst reading the posts here. A few other friends I like to discuss Homestuck with have argued with me on that 'fact'. Does anyone have a tumbler/formspring post by Hussie for that tidbit of info?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's not been made clear if A2-Vriska/A1-??? and A2-Mindfang/A1-Aranea were genetically identical, seperately made grubs, or just genetically similar, separately made grubs. They certainly look very similar, but that the difference in ages and the simplicity of the art means that this doesn't tell us a whole lot.

It's probably a distinction that doesn't matter a whole lot.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 31, 2012

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

My guess is that Aranea is mostly Vriska but with some Kanaya and/or Terezi thrown in, and Meenah is mostly Feferi but with some Eridan thrown in.

Granted genetics only plays a small part in how a person turns out personality-wise, but with the swapped-around titles it would seem a bit odd if they were genetically identical.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Paul.Power posted:

My guess is that Aranea is mostly Vriska but with some Kanaya and/or Terezi thrown in, and Meenah is mostly Feferi but with some Eridan thrown in.

Granted genetics only plays a small part in how a person turns out personality-wise, but with the swapped-around titles it would seem a bit odd if they were genetically identical.

The argument i'm getting from this forum of Homestuck readers is that the B2 kids are genetically very similar to the B1 kids, however their elements and classes are all differing. Where as Aranea and Vriska ended up with the same element, but a different class. After not accepting my "Because it is an 8 player session" explanation, I attempted to reason with them about the Ancestors being genetic clones.

When I read Hivebent many moons ago I had initially assumed Karkat's Carcinogenetics lab had only 12 self contained ecto-vials. It does seem as though Hussie has made some of these aforementioned tumbler/formspring posts regarding this, and I'd like to read them if possible.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Android Blues posted:

Aranea's ancestor is probably of literally zero consequence though. Remember, Aranea said life in A1 Alternia was lame and mundane. The A1 ancestors were probably just some folk with nothing noteworthy about them.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

YF-23 posted:

Aranea's ancestor is probably of literally zero consequence though. Remember, Aranea said life in A1 Alternia was lame and mundane. The A1 ancestors were probably just some folk with nothing noteworthy about them.

Which I assume would mean that Hussie is going to introduce each of them in depth before Homestuck is over.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

zolthorg posted:

The argument i'm getting from this forum of Homestuck readers is that the B2 kids are genetically very similar to the B1 kids, however their elements and classes are all differing. Where as Aranea and Vriska ended up with the same element, but a different class. After not accepting my "Because it is an 8 player session" explanation, I attempted to reason with them about the Ancestors being genetic clones.

When I read Hivebent many moons ago I had initially assumed Karkat's Carcinogenetics lab had only 12 self contained ecto-vials. It does seem as though Hussie has made some of these aforementioned tumbler/formspring posts regarding this, and I'd like to read them if possible.

I know I keep running into this argument as well.. I know Hussie has said that Vriska and Mindfang were genetically identical, in one of his posts talking about her, citing it as a reasonable assumption that Mindfang shows what Vriska would be like if she had grown up in the terrible pirate days. Maybe it was during a post talking about the early Mindfang journal updates.

I just can't for the life of me find the post in question.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Watuhboy posted:

Which I assume would mean that Hussie is going to introduce each of them in depth before Homestuck is over.

The worst part is that I honestly can see this happening.

Come on Hussie, resist the urge to add in more ancillary characters (and make more panels involving throwing Slick off things)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Scratches work by swapping which ectobabies are sent to the coordinates the players are supposed to arrive at. Because of that, identical clones don't make a lot of sense, because swapping a baby Vriska with an identical clone of baby Vriska wouldn't do poo poo to alter history or the session.