Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Xeno posted:

Looks sexy though :)

That's real carbon, carbon vinyl doesn't look as good. It comes off as a matte black from afar and doesn't have the depth of real stuff in person. Non-black satin wraps look good, there's a M5 around here with a satin white wrap which looks great.

edit: Get a wrap in this color, it's beautiful in person:

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A few drift cars had it last year and it wasn't very good imho.
I think like a semi shiny burgundy or something would be really nice.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Xeno posted:

It does, but it reeks of trying too hard and the wrap doesn't look like the real thing at all up close, it has no depth. Get something classy like paisley.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

ynotony posted:

Come to Venice, where it is summer year round (but they make you put an ugly license place on your bumper).

Chinatown posted:

Come to San Diego, where its summer year round unless you take photos like this and it rains the following day.

Then I wouldn't get to do this:

Although there hasn't really been enough snow this year, and running in the dirt can get a little hairy.

So jealous of both those ZHPs though, black is such a pain in the rear end.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 31, 2012

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Xeno posted:

So mine got keyed last week and I've had to put it in my father's garage. It doesn't really fit:

You otherwise street park a Ferrari?

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
My fiance decided that the RX8 isnt the family car I made it out to be. So we got this, 2012 Civic VTi-L.

REMOVED

Not a replacement btw.

Tentacle Party fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 4, 2013

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
The 3M Di Noc carbon vinyl actually looks better then real carbon fiber in my opinion.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/rooff.jpg/

Weezy88 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 31, 2012

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Weezy88 posted:

The 3M Di Noc carbon vinyl actually looks better then real carbon fiber in my opinion.

Not as a full wrap.

It looks pretty cool on my iPhone though.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Weezy88 posted:

In person it looks terrible. There is an RS4 in town with a full wrap and it always looks dirty, even when clean. Plus, since it's a wrap, you can see waves in the the "grain" of the carbon fiber, where real cf would be pretty straight. I think he paid over $3k for the whole thing, and it looks awful. Nice guy, but a lot more money than taste.

edit: Found a couple pics

See the waves?

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 31, 2012

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

Paul Boz_ posted:

You otherwise street park a Ferrari?
Yes. Sad you can't have anything nice without someone else damaging it.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

DropShadow posted:

In person it looks terrible. There is an RS4 in town with a full wrap and it always looks dirty, even when clean. Plus, since it's a wrap, you can see waves in the the "grain" of the carbon fiber, where real cf would be pretty straight. I think he paid over $3k for the whole thing, and it looks awful. Nice guy, but a lot more money than taste.

edit: Found a couple pics

See the waves?

The PO of my 330 put that kind of CF wrap on the B pillars and rear trunk lip. It looks like poo poo, and it wears badly too - the lip looks like someone went at it with a piece of sandpaper.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas
My project car/cruiser, 1979 Chrysler Regal

Bobby_Wokkerfella fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Mar 31, 2012

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

That's rad. My first car was a gold CL Regal. Even with a 245 on gas it was a lot of fun.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

open24hours posted:

That's rad. My first car was a gold CL Regal. Even with a 245 on gas it was a lot of fun.

Nice. Love the old beasts, mines a stock 265, Grandpa bought it as an ex-demo in 1980, left it to sit in a shed in 2000, and with his approval I pulled it out and started doing the running resto on it in 2010, officially given the car plus $1000 to spend on it for my 21st a few months later. Best grandpa ever.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Haven't been in here for a long time! Here are my cars:

06' Subaru Outback XT on Rotiform BLQ's

06 VW Jetta GLI

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

'Sup black-wagon-with-BLQs buddy.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Xeno posted:

Yes, but that's real carbon fibre.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

DropShadow posted:

Welp, poo poo. That looks amazing.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Swapped this

MY09 Renaultsport Twingo 133

For this

MY07 Honda S2000

Fimbulvetr
Sep 3, 2007
Hardest metal known to man.
Interior flair is it?

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Hello Spaceman posted:

Swapped this

For this

MY07 Honda S2000

loving right, welcome to the army. More pics! I'm guessing you're from the UK? I did a doubletake on the 9k redline on an '07. I wish my '07 had a 9k redline :(

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Paul Boz_ posted:

loving right, welcome to the army. More pics! I'm guessing you're from the UK? I did a doubletake on the 9k redline on an '07. I wish my '07 had a 9k redline :(

Flash pro + header + drop vtec engagement to 4200rpm + bump redline to 8500rpm. :v:

edit: Posting that made me want another S2000 :suicide:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 31, 2012

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
Once they get sufficiently low in price I'm going to buy a S2000 with a blown motor, swap in a destroked 9000rpm LS1 and modify the rear bulkhead so it becomes a ute.

Hello Spaceman posted:

Swapped this

For this

MY07 Honda S2000

Are those all evenly spaced? My '02 has 1/2 the tach sweep for 0-6000rpm and the other half is 6000-9000.

Muffinpox fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 31, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Yeah, that's how the AP2 was also, I'm not sure if they changed the tach at some point outside the US from AP1 to AP2 style.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

BlackMK4 posted:

Flash pro + header + drop vtec engagement to 4200rpm + bump redline to 8500rpm. :v:

edit: Posting that made me want another S2000 :suicide:

The "Toda" tune, yep. That's the plan. Less header more straight pipe for a cat and single exhaust.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

DropShadow posted:

Nice!! Put my coilovers on today and got them all set up.

Fenders are getting rolled again and pulled on Tuesday. Need to get smaller tires because as it is I am destroying the current tires on the Fenders.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Bojanglesworth posted:

Fenders are getting rolled again and pulled on Tuesday. Need to get smaller tires because as it is I am destroying the current tires on the Fenders.

God I love that.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Bojanglesworth posted:

It looks like you have no front travel. :stare:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Bojanglesworth posted:

Need to get smaller tires because as it is I am destroying the current tires on the Fenders.

That's half the fun. Is your car black or dark blue? And I'm guessing those are 18s?

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Ziploc posted:

It looks like you have no front travel. :stare:

I have a little but definitely not much.

DropShadow posted:

That's half the fun. Is your car black or dark blue? And I'm guessing those are 18s?

It is Obsidian Black Pearl so it has a lot of green and blue in it.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

The first pic looks black, but the second looks like a very dark blue. Very nice.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Paul Boz_ posted:

I want another s2000 now but the prices just seem to be completely wacky.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Paul Boz_ posted:

Close enough: South Africa. We got the F20C in all S2000s sold from '00 to '09.
Up until a year ago I used to think that AP1 referred to cars with the 2-litre and AP2 referred to cars with the 2.2-litre. Then I was corrected and told that every car from '04 onwards is an AP2. My car's VIN plate has AP1 written in the VIN code, and next to the "Type" designation. The more you know.

Muffinpox posted:

Are those all evenly spaced? My '02 has 1/2 the tach sweep for 0-6000rpm and the other half is 6000-9000.

Yeah. I've never seen a tacho with any other arrangement for the increments...

Comrade Flynn posted:

I want another s2000 now but the prices just seem to be completely wacky.

The same deal over here. The good ones are expensive (this one was :() and the tatty ones are just less expensive. They're sought-after, and the guys selling are asking a premium for them. The bank and motor retail industry has a "blue book" that designates trade-in and retail values for used cars, and an S2000 can be sold for that value + 20%.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hello Spaceman posted:

Yeah. I've never seen a tacho with any other arrangement for the increments...

This the US AP1 tach:

The last half of the meter really flies.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bobby_Wokkerfella posted:

Awesome beasts, the 265 motor can really move that car, so much torque.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

meatpimp posted:

Doesn't insurance cover that?

Normally if you don't have the equivalent of a $5000 deductible :laugh:

On street parking, that's kind of a thing here, although I'm going to guess that Xeno doesn't live in SloughChelsea or Pimlico where a street parked Ferrari is common.

Kyon
Dec 19, 2006

brap
Picked this up today :)

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Kyon posted:

FD RX-7

Beautiful :golfclap:

Das Volk posted:

On street parking, that's kind of a thing here, although I'm going to guess that Xeno doesn't live in SloughChelsea or Pimlico where a street parked Ferrari is common.

Aww, it's like you're our very own Clarkson. :allears: Now make a jab at those lazy Midlanders.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Kyon posted:

That. Looks. Perfect.

:love: those wheels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Kyon posted: