Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

The Zombie DID come with a chicken leg. He originally came with the steak that the Butcher from S6 comes with.

Wait, I was gypped out of a chicken leg? :( Mine just came with a shovel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Looks like BrickBadger has the wrong set listed, but the X-Wing is down to $48 on Amazon. I just ordered it, anyone have any thoughts about this set? I have the previous Y-Wing, and wonder if this is a better buy than getting the new one.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Sure, let the mini-fig that is constantly exposed to radiation and bio-hazards tend the grill. I love that the artist is applying ketchup and mustard to his pallet.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

RodShaft posted:

Well, I was so distraught about missing out on that craigslisting, I went to the bar and was perusing lego on ebay and when I woke up this morning I had bought this.

45lbs of mixed lego and generic. $112 shipped. I'm still deciding if it was a good deal or not. It looks like a LOT of megabloks ships and some lego.

HOLY gently caress DID I MAKE OUT!
I weighed the 2 boxes and it was well over 50lbs (including packaging).
It's easily 80%-90% lego. I think there is only 3 megablock sets in the whole thing.
I was a little sad I wasn't seeing many minifigs, but I've been grabing the blind packs so I kinda have plenty... but then in the bottom of the second box... THREE ONE QUART ZIPLOC BAGS FULL OF MINIFIGS/ACCESSORIES!
There are pieces from OLD space sets(like the planet printed sloped ones) and pieces from up to Ninjago and Hero Factory.

Theres some pieces I don't recognize that have to be from specific sets. I'll post them once I'm done cleaning them so you guys can help me figure out what's in there.(I haven't really collected since the 90's).

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Edit: IGNORE ME!

vvv Thanks for looking into it and the site in general. Kind of a fun glitch, I almost dived for my credit card when I saw a sub $200 Super Star Destroyer set. VVV

Dr. Lariat fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 31, 2012

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Dr. Lariat posted:

Brickbadger just broke kinda hard, some kinda Ninjago dragon set is showing up as all kinds of expensive star wars sets.

It keeps doing that and I don't have time to figure out why, well it's done it twice. I just quick fix it and hope sometime this weekend I can figure it out.

The dragon is a set I removed from the database because some third party had a stupidly high list price and discounted it 50%. When I removed it it took revenge by screwing up loads of other sets that that aren't really available except for crazy inflated prices. It makes no sense (ie it's probably me doing something really dumb).

Edit: On an unrelated note the POTC and Alien Conquest battle packs are both half price at the Lego Online Shop (US), both $7.50 for 5 figures.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 31, 2012

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

So, a few months ago it was announced Megabloks got the WoW license.

This is the result

They look terrible. Even worse and less brick-built than the Halo stuff.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Pyroclastic posted:

This is the result

Megabloks has rounded edge bricks so I think most of that castle in the background is smaller pieces not like 3 big ones.

I like some of the Halo line.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
http://www.geekologie.com/2012/03/shaun-of-the-dead-winchester-bar-lego-se.php

I want this. Very badly.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Here are pics from my initial dig through of pieces I believe are unique to sets. If you recognize any let me know, but don't go doing any crazy amount of research. I've only dried about 1/4th of the legos so this is not much.

Orange tube thing

wind up wheels.

I also got one of these that seem popular in this thread(and 2 gray ones)

Sets That I and this thread have figured out.

5971-1: Gold Heist
8877 VLADEK'S DARK FORTRESS
4854 Doc Ock's Bank Robbery
7691 ETX Alien Mothership Assault
3537-1: Skateboard Vert Park Challenge
7255-1: General Grievous Chase
Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark: 7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure
Brickbeard's Bounty
7644-1 MX-81 Hypersonic Operations Aircraft
Jedi Starfighter & Vulture Droid

One of the many Tie ships(I have the printed windscreen)

I also have red spring loaded legs.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 31, 2012

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
God, I wish I had the room for more LEGO...how big is the Grand Emporium? That sounds like something I might like to build, but I'd need room to display it, and the only available place is a 16" by maybe 30" space on top of my bureau, if I take off the lava lamp, golf trophy, and other detritus on top.

Will it fit?

Also, hold me to it, goons...I've been meaning to post mediocre pics of my mediocre MOCs for some time now, but I just never feel like doing it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Pyroclastic posted:

This is the result

Holy crap you're not kidding. Goddamn.

The brick-built Alliance/Horde emblems from when the license was announced looked so cool, too.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

RodShaft posted:

It's easily 80%-90% lego. I think there is only 3 megablock sets in the whole thing.
I was a little sad I wasn't seeing many minifigs, but I've been grabing the blind packs so I kinda have plenty... but then in the bottom of the second box... THREE ONE QUART ZIPLOC BAGS FULL OF MINIFIGS/ACCESSORIES!
There are pieces from OLD space sets(like the planet printed sloped ones) and pieces from up to Ninjago and Hero Factory.

Theres some pieces I don't recognize that have to be from specific sets. I'll post them once I'm done cleaning them so you guys can help me figure out what's in there.(I haven't really collected since the 90's).

This is the best part about buying bulk lego, making out like a bandit.

The worst part is sorting it. I'm still not done, although my 2x3 bin is down to about a foot deep....and having just got laid off I'm going to have some time. :toot:

Virar
Jul 21, 2007
This space is blank.

And at least one other Star Wars set.
edit:

Jedi Starfighter & Vulture Droid

Virar fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 31, 2012

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Jesus. As much as I love World of Warcraft and building toys...

those are just terrible.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

RodShaft posted:

Here are pics from my initial dig through of pieces I believe are unique to sets. If you recognize any let me know, but don't go doing any crazy amount of research. I've only dried about 1/4th of the legos so this is not much.

The wheels could be from pretty much any of the Mars Mission line. The wedge narrows it down to the Recon Dropship or Hypersonic Operations Aircraft (unless it's from one of the other 7 sets that have that piece in orange).

quote:

I also have red spring loaded legs.

Any of a dozen basketball sets.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Thanks everybody! I've got them all almost dry, and I'm going to try to sort out some of the sets that it looks like I have all the pieces for next week or so. I'll probably have another round of pictures tonight.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'll stick this here as well, hopefully get a bit more interest than the trading thread:

quote:

List of things I have:

Lots of S6 Romans(a few still in bags)
Lots of S6 Clockwork Robots(a few still in bags)
Lots of S6 Genies(most still in bags)
Lots of S6 Statues of Liberty(half still in bags)

1 S6 Flamenco Dancer
2 S5 Small Clowns
2 S5 Beefeaters
1 S5 Boxer
1 S5 Cave Girl
1 S4 Sailor
1 S2 Pharoah
1 S1 Woodsman
2 S1 Magicians(one with no top hat, one with no hair)

Interested in:

S1: Robot(multiple), Zombie(multiple), Gunslinger, Diver, Skateboarder, Ninja, Clown, Space Guy(multiple), Cheerleader
S2: Spartan(multiple), Explorer, Cop, Disco Stu(multiple), Ringmaster, Weightlifter
S3: All of Series 3, multiple Gorilla Dudes, Space Villains(especially these), Baseball Players
S4: Hazmat Guy(multiple), Mad Doctor(multiple), Musketeer, Skateboarder, Hockey Player(multiple), Frankenstein, Ice Skater
S5: Mobster(multiple), Gladiator(multiple), Cleopatra, Evil Dwarf

I think that's all my wants/don't haves for now. I probably won't be doing any 1-1 trades on the Roman Warriors, unless it's for a Spartan or Zombie.

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
O_o

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/39677

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Colonial Air Force posted:

http://www.geekologie.com/2012/03/shaun-of-the-dead-winchester-bar-lego-se.php

I want this. Very badly.

Simon Pegg even mentioned that as you can see on the cuusoo page. Personally if there was such a thing as a Dylan Moran minifig, I don't think anything in the world could keep me from buying it.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Simon Pegg even mentioned that as you can see on the cuusoo page. Personally if there was such a thing as a Dylan Moran minifig, I don't think anything in the world could keep me from buying it.

Hit 10k supporters early this morning... Now the waiting to see if Lego will actually do it begins.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Captain Invictus posted:

I'll stick this here as well, hopefully get a bit more interest than the trading thread:

You happen to live in europe? I have a bit of what you want.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ika posted:

You happen to live in europe? I have a bit of what you want.

I do not, friend! Massachusetts, USA.

If there were enough figures involved in the trade though, it might be worth the shipping cost. Aren't there pretty cheap flat-rate boxes for International? You can probably fit a dozen or more minifigs in one, right?

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Would you be willing to trade a Roman for a S2 Cop and a Cleopatra? I live in Toronto so hopefully the shipping wont be too bad?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Captain Invictus posted:

I need a clockwork robot and offhand I know I have at least one extra baseball player.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Finally picked up the Lunar Limo. My TRU had 3 left on clearance. Zero regrets for $28. Excellent set, and Brick Daddy rules.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Hit 10k supporters early this morning... Now the waiting to see if Lego will actually do it begins.

I can't help but assume between the licensing and the R-rated movie this will never happen. Too bad.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Meanwhile the western theme is at only around 6000 supporters. LEGO will have to retool how it works in the long run or else they are just going to get licensed stuff up to 10k while the rest barely breaks 5000

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012
Does anyone here have anything from the old Castle set that was out right before Kingdoms?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

ElwoodCuse posted:

I can't help but assume between the licensing and the R-rated movie this will never happen. Too bad.
It's a pretty tame set, especially compared to several Pirates of the Carribean sets that contained such sinister elements as Haitian zombies, mermaid poaching, nautical abominations, a cage made entirely out of human bones, etc. That theme was so wonderfully disturbing.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Sean OFarrell posted:

Does anyone here have anything from the old Castle set that was out right before Kingdoms?
If you could be more specific, I might.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

RodShaft posted:

Post pictures of the old space pieces, I can probably tell which which sets you have.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

RodShaft posted:

If you could be more specific, I might.

I was just curious as to whether there is a human ship as well or just a skeleton one. I'm assuming not since I can't find any info about it online but it doesn't really make sense to just have a ship for one side.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rare Collectable posted:

Would you be willing to trade a Roman for a S2 Cop and a Cleopatra? I live in Toronto so hopefully the shipping wont be too bad?

I don't really want to do any international trades, but I might if there's enough minifigures involved to offset the shipping price, since I'd probably be using a flat rate box anyways. So if we can work out something involving many minifigs going both ways, maybe. I'd probably ask for one other minifig with those for a Roman, since I can grab'em off Bricklink for four bucks combined.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't really want to do any international trades, but I might if there's enough minifigures involved to offset the shipping price, since I'd probably be using a flat rate box anyways. So if we can work out something involving many minifigs going both ways, maybe. I'd probably ask for one other minifig with those for a Roman, since I can grab'em off Bricklink for four bucks combined.

Yeah I figured that would be the case. I dont have anything else off your list though. Oh well.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sean OFarrell posted:

I was just curious as to whether there is a human ship as well or just a skeleton one. I'm assuming not since I can't find any info about it online but it doesn't really make sense to just have a ship for one side.

There wasn't a ship for the knights, but Castle wasn't really a nautical line. The ship was a TRU exclusive IIRC. It's one of the most expensive Castle sets nowadays.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

Travis343 posted:

There wasn't a ship for the knights, but Castle wasn't really a nautical line. The ship was a TRU exclusive IIRC. It's one of the most expensive Castle sets nowadays.

Bugger. Ya I know it's not supposed to be nautical but I just hoped that since they had a dock set they might have had another ship somewhere. Oh well, I'll take a trip down to the Lego Store this weekend and see if I can't build one with some of the pieces they have lying around.

Off topic, how do you post pictures on here. I wanna post a few of my Lego sets

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rare Collectable posted:

Yeah I figured that would be the case. I dont have anything else off your list though. Oh well.
Well, what else DO you have? Shoot me an email at captaininvictus@gmail.com and maybe we can finagle a deal.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Sean OFarrell posted:

Bugger. Ya I know it's not supposed to be nautical but I just hoped that since they had a dock set they might have had another ship somewhere. Oh well, I'll take a trip down to the Lego Store this weekend and see if I can't build one with some of the pieces they have lying around.

Off topic, how do you post pictures on here. I wanna post a few of my Lego sets

Upload them to imgur.com and post the link here between [img] tags. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Sloppy posted:

Post pictures of the old space pieces, I can probably tell which which sets you have.

I just saw one sloped 2x3 white with the space logo on it while cleaning. I'll see what I can dig out when I organize them.