Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bobulus posted:

He actually got mad enough to draw fanart of himself slapping Vriska. He's soooooo mad. It's hilarious.
http://imreadingthishomestuckthing....-up-frustration
ahahahah wow.

We're picking up catastrophic levels of Care in this sector, captain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SCRATCH :argh:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
THAT WAS JUST THE FINDER BEAMS, NEXT COMES THE OMEGA EFFECT!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
This is how the comic actually ends. Lord English doesn't get defeated, Jack Noir is never bested in combat, John never realizes Vriska died, we'll never find out what Jake's huge card is, and the nancho party storyline will never, ever get picked up again.

How do you expect things to go with the author dead?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, guess we'll need to find a new comic soon.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Cleretic posted:

This is how the comic actually ends. Lord English doesn't get defeated, Jack Noir is never bested in combat, John never realizes Vriska died, we'll never find out what Jake's huge card is, and the nancho party storyline will never, ever get picked up again.

How do you expect things to go with the author dead?

Pretty well. I mean, if there was one Robohuss, there's probably more than one.

ShardPhoenix
Jun 15, 2001

Pickle: Inspected.

Bobulus posted:

For people who are bored and want another 'someone reads Homestuck' tumblr, I found another one:

http://imreadingthishomestuckthing.tumblr.com/tagged/homestuck/chrono
This is quite entertaining.

edit: And I just marathoned the whole Precision-F-Strike one.

ShardPhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 1, 2012

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

English's cane turns into a gold AK 47.

With a garish laser scope.

Using the green sun as the laser.

That's pretty ridiculous, A for effort this April Fools Hussie.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Lord English's only vulnerability is cue balls, huh? That actually makes a certain amount of sense. In addition to the established billiards imagery, recall that Doc Scratch's omniscience has only ever been shown to fail in two instances: when up against Void powers, and concerning the location of a Magic Cue Ball.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Don't worry, guys, Vriska will totally show up and save Hussie. :allears:

:smith:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Bongo Bill posted:

Lord English's only vulnerability is cue balls, huh? That actually makes a certain amount of sense.

If that magnum had been loaded, we'd have had a totally sweet gif of hundreds of billiard balls flying out of LE's eyes. (somebody please make this happen, tia)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Hussie will be killed, and MSPA will never update again.

There will be no word from Hussie, his presence online will simply... Cease.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

WAR FOOT posted:

Hussie will be killed, and MSPA will never update again.

There will be no word from Hussie, his presence online will simply... Cease.

Why stop at online? He wouldn't even have to do it very long. Just shoot himself in comic, spend the next thirteen days hiding in the basement where he's stocked soup or something, pretend to be vanished mysteriously.

Best April Fools Day prank?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
This is my favourite panel of Homestuck thus far.

Huss has always been pretty good at this, but that is just such a beautifully, retardedly awesome example of juxtaposing the serious with with humorous.

Look at it.

Look at it.

:sbahj:

Mr. Moon
Oct 22, 2007
The sky is deep and dark and eternally high...
Well obviously cueballs are English's weakness. After all, his eyes are billiard balls and white eyes = dead.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I can't get over it. Could Lord English give even less of a poo poo about the gunbonk?

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Mr. Moon posted:

Well obviously cueballs are English's weakness. After all, his eyes are billiard balls and white eyes = dead.
Also, you can only eliminate billiard balls by shooting a cueball at them!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Its cool guys, Hussie's been dead all along. Dude's had the ghostly whiteout eyes since he first showed up in the comic.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I can't believe Hussie made me crack up at an Already Here gag three times in less than 20 panels

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

No Lord English that is not how guns work! You get a pass though because that gold AK is pretty swank.

The kids are going to randomly alchemize a cue ball and promptly forget about it until the end of the chapter, aren't they?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Welp, guess this'll be the April Fools prank where Hussie dies and there's a brief "The comic's over! Bye everybody!" before coming back after April Fools ends.

I'm enjoying this last hurrah of humorous authour shenenigans before Lord English sets up shop as the foremost power of the comic.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Thundarr posted:

No Lord English that is not how guns work! You get a pass though because that gold AK is pretty swank.

The kids are going to randomly alchemize a cue ball and promptly forget about it until the end of the chapter, aren't they?

Don't Rose or Jade already have one? I seem to remember it being mentioned back in act 3 or 4.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
Holy poo poo. I'm going to need an avatar of English on this page, ASAP.

I'm really confused at English's place in the narrative right now. In fact, I'm starting to doubt he'll ever come in contact with any of the kids or trolls at all, and instead is going to have all his story threads wrapped up in the Hussieverse, with Slick being the one to put him down. This would leave the Condesce as the final challenge for the strip's main characters.

I'm a little apprehensive about the comic going down that route. I like stories where the heroes actually meet the goddamn main antagonist. Of course, I'm probably just being super paranoid, and MSPA is about to become THE ENGLISH SHOW (Oh god please).

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Well it's odd, especially in this stage of the narrative, when most of the main characters don't even know who the main antagonist (Lord English) IS. Rose only knows about him because Scratch mentioned it in passing. The rest understand jack poo poo.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Oh, just wanted to remind you guys that Goonstuck is still a thing even though our team hasn't been able to play for three weeks, and I've finally gotten around to starting the music for it.
protonicAssignment

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Desumaytah posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm going to need an avatar of English on this page, ASAP.

Really like the greek omega symbol his coat is making. Symbolizing English as the end.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Well Manicured Man posted:

Oh, just wanted to remind you guys that Goonstuck is still a thing even though our team hasn't been able to play for three weeks, and I've finally gotten around to starting the music for it.
protonicAssignment

Goonstuck is pretty fun and if any other goons wanted to make their own games it would be Pretty drat Sweet.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Goonstuck is pretty fun and if any other goons wanted to make their own games it would be Pretty drat Sweet.

I forget, does Goonstuck use any rulesets or is it freeform roleplaying?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

pandaK posted:

I forget, does Goonstuck use any rulesets or is it freeform roleplaying?

It uses a ruleset but it's pretty open ended that basically lays down a few guidelines and the rest is basically "roll with it"

Most of the rules are just related to battling.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I would probably be down for participating if anybody else were running a game.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Roger Explosion posted:

This is my favourite panel of Homestuck thus far.

Huss has always been pretty good at this, but that is just such a beautifully, retardedly awesome example of juxtaposing the serious with with humorous.

Look at it.

Look at it.

:sbahj:

I want this as my avatar but I like the skills to make it :(
edit: vvvvv You're a loving peach :dance:

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 1, 2012

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
I don't usually do this but I wanted to try my hand at making an avatar from one of today's pages

Edit: ^^^ hey looks like your dream came true

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Rooreelooo posted:

I don't usually do this but I wanted to try my hand at making an avatar from one of today's pages

Edit: ^^^ hey looks like your dream came true

The "bonk" doesn't follow the gun down. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Androc posted:

I would probably be down for participating if anybody else were running a game.
I plan to eventually do something of the sort, but not until HS is finished. Too much chance of Hussie pulling something major about SBURB out of his rear end first.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
You know that french fan-translation of homestuck?

Well...

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
And it would be a goddamn crime if your game didn't follow the canon.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

...did anyone just have MSPA Notify go off? Like, twice?

I can't decide if it's trolling on April Fool's Day or broken. :psyduck:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Color Printer posted:

...did anyone just have MSPA Notify go off? Like, twice?

I can't decide if it's trolling on April Fool's Day or broken. :psyduck:

Yes, it was kinda annoying.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Colon V posted:

I plan to eventually do something of the sort, but not until HS is finished. Too much chance of Hussie pulling something major about SBURB out of his rear end first.

I mean, at this point I feel like practically all of the base rules have been established, while the story just focuses on sessions that go off the rails. Admittedly, title effects aren't completely clear, but I don't think Hussie is ever exactly going to give a list of definitive effects. You could probably just handwave any conflicts that actually came up as 'different session,' anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Androc posted:

I mean, at this point I feel like practically all of the base rules have been established, while the story just focuses on sessions that go off the rails. Admittedly, title effects aren't completely clear, but I don't think Hussie is ever exactly going to give a list of definitive effects. You could probably just handwave any conflicts that actually came up as 'different session,' anyway.
We still barely know anything about the Denizens. Just that they're mysterious, and offer The Choice.

tinaun posted:

Well...
I'm having flashbacks to Ren and Stimpy.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 1, 2012