Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So they're re-releasing that UCS Falcon.

The best part?

Lego VP posted:

Many collectors are sure to greet this news with skepticism if not animosity as the value of the first run sets is sure to drop with any rerelease. This response from the community, though, was not unforseen by TLG as Louis Friend made sure to point out in the news release. "We do realize what effect this could have on the aftermarket and we did not come to this decision lightly or quickly. That being said, and to quote Spock, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. I have been, and will always be, your friend," writes the VP.

Best troll ever.

April Fool's!:ssh:

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
:smith:

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 1, 2012

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Decal update: I had no idea I could cram so many images on one sheet. I started with a few torsos and ended with some little framed paintings, with cassette tapes and Pacman screens and woodgrain patterns inbetween to cover a slew of flat plates. Everything looks pretty good except it printed so pixelated that the detail on the torsos was obliterated. What did I do wrong? Resolution? Resample?
Here's the torso I was most excited about by the way:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The best part?

Best troll ever.

April Fool's!:ssh:

I bet there's still a mad dash to unload UCS Falcons on Ebay/Bricklink before the "news" gets out.

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

I'm meant to be packing for my holiday but I decided to finally bring out all my old Lego:

(Horrible phone quality/dusty Lego)

Unfortunately it seems I've lost a lot of the manuals and things, no idea where they could be now. I have a vague idea of my collection, mainly the Native sets from the 90s and my favourite Fort Legorado. All the pieces in this box I believe are from the 90s or the early 2000s. (Also got quite a bit of non-lego bits and pieces mixed in there somewhere)

Also believe I have an old helicopter/car of some sort in a drawer downstairs, I want to say it's Technic but I'm not sure!

Looking at the box again I recall I had a lot of underwater things as well, not bases but just vehicles. Gonna dig through it and see what treasures await within.

ANIME GOAT ASS
Jul 21, 2007

I got my childhood Lego from my parents because they're cleaning out their house to move. Sadly the 8880 Supercar is missing a single piece in the gearbox assembly so I can't finish that build, but I did rebuild the 8002 Droideka. That one doesn't seem to unfurl correctly though, the back leg doesn't always slam down as it should and when it does, the head doesn't pop up either.

Besides the Droideka everything is stowed away in the closet for now.

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002

Saint Sputnik posted:

What did I do wrong? Resolution? Resample?

In my experience I'd probably say it's due to the resolution your printer can print at. No matter how good something looks on screen, if your printer can't handle the same resolution then small images with lots of detail are going to come out looking pretty awful.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

MichaelFlatley posted:

In my experience I'd probably say it's due to the resolution your printer can print at. No matter how good something looks on screen, if your printer can't handle the same resolution then small images with lots of detail are going to come out looking pretty awful.

This.

But possibly also how you're making your designs may play a part, are you using vector based programs (ie, illustrator, flash) or jpeg files (photoshop, gimp, etc...) ?

But as MichaelFlatley said, it's likely your printer's resolution.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Last Emperor posted:

Unfortunately it seems I've lost a lot of the manuals and things, no idea where they could be now...

If you were thinking of rebuilding some of these the Lego site has an archive of building instructions dating back a decade or so: http://us.service.lego.com/en-GB/BuildingInstructions/default.aspx

Last Emperor
Oct 30, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

If you were thinking of rebuilding some of these the Lego site has an archive of building instructions dating back a decade or so: http://us.service.lego.com/en-GB/BuildingInstructions/default.aspx

That seems amazingly helpful, thanks!

Now here's to hoping I can remember all of what I had and have many of the pieces.

Once I piece together what Sets I owned I'll post 'em.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Jusupov posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dargOslomMA

Amazing. Walks and rolls.

That bastard built a Tachikoma. I just got my last package of parts off BrickLink for his Tank Girl tank! Which I should be finishing right now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idfgj8jEFig

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I wish this were true so I could see people lose their poo poo.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

djfooboo posted:

I bought one when it came and and could care less, as it is the only rare parts on it are the bley pirate masting and the 10x10 dish with the radar printing on it. The bley levers are expensive but there is still thousands of them on bricklink (people do charge 0.80$ for them though) and the yellow technic corners can still be bought from lego fairly easy.

I hope that one day they release a updated version of the UCS X-Wing as it hasn't aged well, take into account that 4 years later we got the amazing UCS Y-Wing it was outdated very quickly.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

djfooboo posted:

Could you explain this?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Revener posted:

Could you explain this?

Today is April Fools.

Also, the quote references Star Trek when talking about Star Wars.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Revener posted:

Could you explain this?

Because the UCS Falcon can fetch up to $3000, and if Lego rereleased it then they wouldn't be worth any more than the new set would be. Hopefully some people won't notice the date and we'll get some good crazy posts out of it.

EDIT: HAH! I just noticed they even mention their Lego contact is Louis Friend.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 1, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Revener posted:

Could you explain this?

Beanie Babies

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

$3000

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to build it piecemeal? Or is the value entirely from being ~NiB~?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Revener posted:

Wouldn't it be cheaper just to build it piecemeal? Or is the value entirely from being ~NiB~?

Yeah, the price is pretty much rarity at this point. And likely it would be cheaper to build piecemeal, but I'm guessing there a lot of parts that are unique to that set.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, the price is pretty much rarity at this point. And likely it would be cheaper to build piecemeal, but I'm guessing there a lot of parts that are unique to that set.
As I understand it, there are only like 2 unique pieces, and they can easily be replaced with similar colors... Like that modular roof piece.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Captain Invictus posted:

I do not, friend! Massachusetts, USA.

If there were enough figures involved in the trade though, it might be worth the shipping cost. Aren't there pretty cheap flat-rate boxes for International? You can probably fit a dozen or more minifigs in one, right?

I have no idea what the shipping would be, I have 9 or so from your list. (S1 gunslinger, ninja, might spare a diver. S3: aviator, hula girl, mummy, racecar driver, indian, baseball player.)

No S7 in any store near me, but I did find 3 more romans so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Revener posted:

It will be around $1000 not including the oh so lovely $60 mast rigging x2 and the $60 radar dish.

The UCS line is a pain to try and buy later on, if you want it you better buy it when S&H has it or you are going to end up paying a hefty amount for it. That said, I know with firebrigade people bought 5 copies with intention to unload when it hit $900 like Cafe Corner and I doubt it will happen so quickly this time thanks to everyone thinking they could do it. There will be NISB Fire Brigades around for ages at resonable prices with the amount of people who decided lets speculate on LEGO.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The great Lego bubble burst of 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ika posted:

I have no idea what the shipping would be, I have 9 or so from your list. (S1 gunslinger, ninja, might spare a diver. S3: aviator, hula girl, mummy, racecar driver, indian, baseball player.)

No S7 in any store near me, but I did find 3 more romans so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
What were you interested in on my list? Email me at captaininvictus@gmail.com and we'll work something out.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012
Alright so this took me a few days longer to build/rebuild than I first anticipated but here's my Lego all nice and pretty

E: does anyone have the Kings Castle from Kingdoms and might be willing to sell it?

Sean OFarrell fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 1, 2012

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sean OFarrell posted:

Alright so this took me a few days longer to build/rebuild than I first anticipated but here's my Lego all nice and pretty

E: does anyone have the Kings Castle from Kingdoms and might be willing to sell it?

Could you possibly do closer pictures of each set? That'd be cool.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Hey guys am I doing this right?

2 hours later

Guess so!

And that's book one of the Town Hall!

Modulars are by far my fav Lego series. I'll pickup the Pet Shop in a week or two and then have them all except Cafe Corner which I'll probably never have. :(

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Sean OFarrell posted:

Is this a standard set, or a MOC?

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Could you possibly do closer pictures of each set? That'd be cool.

Here's some of the pictures I've got. If you want to see a closeup of any particular set/part of a set let me know. I might make some of them fight or have a siege later on or something cool like that.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is this a standard set, or a MOC?

Not sure what MOC stands for but that one is the Drawbridge tower from the old Castle set plus the blacksmith/stable from the Castle Village set. The only thing that I had to build from scrap was the 2 pieces of wall connecting the King's Castle with the dockyard in this one:

As you can tell its a bit more crude than the rest but I didn't have a whole lot of selection to work with at the Lego Store. Everything else is just the Castle and Kingdoms sets with quite a few duplicates that I arranged and combined (as you can probably tell I've got way too much Lego and everything's crowding in on each others territories)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sean OFarrell posted:

Here's some of the pictures I've got. If you want to see a closeup of any particular set/part of a set let me know. I might make some of them fight or have a siege later on or something cool like that.

Thanks. I never had any medieval Lego. I had space and pirates. I'm really regretting it now, since I've gone on a medieval/fantasy streak recently. I didn't have the cash back in the days to get the older stuff. And I only got back into Lego right near the end of Kingdoms line. I almost bought that castle but I was focusing more on Alien Conquest and some POTC stuff. I definitely won't miss LOTR when it comes out though.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Thanks. I never had any medieval Lego. I had space and pirates. I'm really regretting it now, since I've gone on a medieval/fantasy streak recently. I didn't have the cash back in the days to get the older stuff. And I only got back into Lego right near the end of Kingdoms line. I almost bought that castle but I was focusing more on Alien Conquest and some POTC stuff. I definitely won't miss LOTR when it comes out though.

I can't say I'm that excited about LOTR for the....well LOTR theme, but more for the walls/soldiers that I can add to my little kingdoms. That Urukai set for example....

On another note, do you know of any sets of just generic spaceship themes? I wanna build some spaceships of my own, but I don't want the StarWars or alien sort of stuff. More along the lines of Battlestar Galactica or something of the sort.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
I made some small-scale MOC ships the other day.

Considering I'm not used to working on this scale, I think they turned out pretty well. There's a large ship, an extra-large ship, and a couple small ships.

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

Considering I'm not used to working on this scale, I think they turned out pretty well. There's a large ship, an extra-large ship, and a couple small ships.

Those are awesome. Ya that's what I want to do, I just don't have any spaceship pieces like the bow and the rounded ones anymore and the Lego Store doesn't sell any of those individually.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

mattfl posted:

Hey guys am I doing this right?

It's not a massive pile of unsorted bricks, so no. :colbert:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sean OFarrell posted:

I can't say I'm that excited about LOTR for the....well LOTR theme, but more for the walls/soldiers that I can add to my little kingdoms. That Urukai set for example....

On another note, do you know of any sets of just generic spaceship themes? I wanna build some spaceships of my own, but I don't want the StarWars or alien sort of stuff. More along the lines of Battlestar Galactica or something of the sort.

As big LOTR fan, I'm stoked about the whole thing. As for generic space stuff, unfortunately Lego seems to not have anything going at the moment except for Star Wars and left over Alien Conquest.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

mattfl posted:

And that's book one of the Town Hall!

Modulars are by far my fav Lego series. I'll pickup the Pet Shop in a week or two and then have them all except Cafe Corner which I'll probably never have. :(

So that's the new Brick Separator? Is there a little rod poking up out of the top of it??

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

So that's the new Brick Separator? Is there a little rod poking up out of the top of it??

Yeah, it's shaped like a technic pin so you can use it as a pokey dealie to pop technic bits out.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Well Manicured Man posted:

That is one rad looking fleet, reminded me of a fleet i built a while ago and never posted consisting of some small fighters with corvette/friagte backup, a support craft, a freighter, a droneship and a big motherhip type deal.
I like building space stuff as well.
If you did the angled stuff on the right ship the way i think you did thats a pretty nice way of hiding it(rocker bases with the 2x2 rocker plates?)

Maybe we should build a big goonfleet or some other kind of goon project sometime!(maybe a micro-scale city or something?

EDIT// no wait, just noticed the 2x1 with clips at the bottom there. Clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

AzMiLion posted:

That is one rad looking fleet, reminded me of a fleet i built a while ago and never posted consisting of some small fighters with corvette/friagte backup, a support craft, a freighter, a droneship and a big motherhip type deal.
I like building space stuff as well.
If you did the angled stuff on the right ship the way i think you did thats a pretty nice way of hiding it(rocker bases with the 2x2 rocker plates?)

Maybe we should build a big goonfleet or some other kind of goon project sometime!(maybe a micro-scale city or something?

EDIT// no wait, just noticed the 2x1 with clips at the bottom there. Clever.

I'd like to see a bunch of microscale buildings, I want to build a tiny city for my lizard man and statue of liberty.