Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Could Scott Tunstall be George R.R. Martin's pen name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I thought Stephenie Meyer was GRRM's nom de plume?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Octy posted:

I thought Stephenie Meyer was GRRM's nom de plume?

Stiegg "RAPE RAPE RAPE" Larsson is my guess.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
you guys I just remembered there are a whole bunch of people watching that show and expecting all the gay dragon bullshit to be relevant and stuff

hahahahahahaha

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Maytag posted:

Your puns suck.

That cracked.com article lists Bronn as dedicated and dependable and lumps him in with those other dudes. Guessing the author didn't really pay attention.

He's dedicated to money and you can depend on him to back you up if you're paying him well.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He's dedicated to money and you can depend on him to back you up if you're paying him well.

And noone else can outbid you. So be the Iron Bank or a Lannister and he will be loyal to a fault.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

nuncle jimbo posted:

you guys I just remembered there are a whole bunch of people watching that show and expecting all the gay dragon bullshit to be relevant and stuff

hahahahahahaha

The gay dude is going to be the most important character in the show for one episode and then die.

I really can't wait for the gay blogs to throw the biggest shitfit ever.

So to them I say: WILD CARDS

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

crazypeltast52 posted:

And noone else can outbid you. So be the Iron Bank or a Lannister and he will be loyal to a fault.

better stick with Iron Bank, Tyrions a Lannister.

But he did at least give him a chance to put in another bid.

Edit: and yes I am mightily heartened that everyone in the show thread is hot for Renly.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well, he's more dedicated to his life. But money comes as a close second...

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The gay dude is going to be the most important character in the show for one episode and then die.

Are we sure Stannis isn't gay as well? He only has sex with his fire-priest mistress when he needs her to make shadow babies, otherwise he lets her bed get cold up at the Wall...

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

DarkCrawler posted:

Well, he's more dedicated to his life. But money comes as a close second...
If it were the other way around he'd be Thorin Oakenshield. :smaug:

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Tony Danza Claus posted:

the gay dude gets killed by a vagina demon no less, I mean jesus

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

nuncle jimbo posted:

And a woman is framed for it by his gay lover.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

nuncle jimbo posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo I had never thought about it this way but drat, you're right :woop:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The beloved gay dude is killed by a vagina demon, Cat and Brienne are blamed, Joffrey wins.

TVIV is going to poo poo its big stupid diapers, and bloggers are going to boycott HBO.

WILD CARDS shall feast on the internet's buttfrustsration.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
e: This season of the show will suck, but seeing TVIV put all its eggs in the Renly basket is the best thing to ever be associated with GRRM.

e2: dammit

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
When did they start going all-in on Renly? The previous spoiler-free thread, or this one? Because I've gotta read that now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

When did they start going all-in on Renly? The previous spoiler-free thread, or this one? Because I've gotta read that now.

The newest thread is a complete ~~Renly~~ circlejerk. It's loving hilarious.

That, and they think Syrio is alive. :lol:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

whowhatwhere posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3474258&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post402077921

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Renly is the Harvey Milk of Westeros. :ca:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This is great. I mean Renly won't even be the biggest upset this season.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

To be fair, I wouldn't put it past GRRM to have Syrio suddenly appear out of nowhere in a later novel (in an alternater reality where more ASOIAF books come out).

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Factor_VIII posted:

To be fair, I wouldn't put it past GRRM to have Syrio suddenly appear out of nowhere in a later novel (in an alternater reality where more ASOIAF books come out).

The Meereenese knot was actually because GURM had Syrio Forel in hiding as a slave trader who was searching for Arya.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

geeves posted:

The Meereenese knot was actually because GURM had Syrio Forel in hiding as a slave trader who was searching for Arya.

Braavosi don't deal in slaves, he has to be a wine or date merchant.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

geeves posted:

He helps Daario~ escape and they form a buddy cop team to take the Iron Throne for themselves.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Gaffney Roundup: Kim Bauer rules, show is pretty great, Renly is a boss, Hunger Games movie was good, gormless a great term for Jon. Think I'm caught up.

Edit: Also, I enjoy the "Conventions tell us Syrio will either be shown dead for shock or shown alive for a twist. Don't tell me otherwise."

And there was a quip that Jaime would have chop off his right if he wanted a challenging fight.

bigmcgaffney fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 1, 2012

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Oh, you take that humor back, motherfucker. :colbert:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Syrio facechanges into Red Ronnet (lol) Nameingtonshire.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
It's funny that you guys think Renly is the only gay person in this series.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Contra Calculus posted:

It's funny that you guys think Renly is the only gay person in this series.

The GRRM LGBT Community:

• Renly
• Loras
• A giant host of lesbians

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The GRRM LGBT Community:

• Renly
• Loras

I'm p sure Hot Pie is gay with Gendry.... okay seriously though I got nothing. All I know is that you forgot Dolorous Edd.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The GRRM LGBT Community:

• Renly
• Loras
You're forgetting the best and dashingest one: Jon Connington. :swoon:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The GRRM LGBT Community:

• Renly
• Loras

To be fair (and I'm not defending Gurm's OMG LESBIANS misogyny here), there's also (probably) Jon Connington, and I'm beginning to think Brynden Blackfish might be gay too.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Urdnot Fire posted:

To be fair (and I'm not defending Gurm's OMG LESBIANS misogyny here), there's also (probably) Jon Connington, and I'm beginning to think Brynden Blackfish might be gay too.

Oh poo poo I forgot about those two. Blackfish doesn't exist in the TV show though and we still have like 3 seasons before we get to Jon whothefuckisthisguy Connington.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about those two. Blackfish doesn't exist in the TV show though and we still have like 3 seasons before we get to Jon whothefuckisthisguy Connington.

I really loving hope Blackfish shows up this season. You can't just leave out the best Tully! :argh:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I'm worried that the new season will suck every time I hear they're adding non-book poo poo to it, especially considering some of the absolutely horrible screenplays that Benoiff guy has written. He even made Achilles suck.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011

kcroy posted:

fish = pussy

black = rear end in a top hat

so yes.

This seemed relevant once again.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Contra Calculus posted:

I'm p sure Hot Pie is gay with Gendry.... okay seriously though I got nothing. All I know is that you forgot Dolorous Edd.

loving Gendry. Another character that looks like he'd be interesting and potentially epic. Yay, he went back to being a loving blacksmith.

gently caress you, gurm.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Fog Tripper posted:

gently caress you, gurm.

e:TVIV thread countdown is t-minus 3 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope someone brings up the Bechdel test again. That was loving hilarious last year. I love that people base how feminist something is off a made-up test from a loving webcomic. :allears: it's so adorable.