Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Williams Street: Literally too lazy for 2003 Flash animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Seriously, the animation on that show was so lousy in the first place would anyone really notice or care if they cut Space Ghost's mouth movements down to 3 or 4 positions?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Is it possible that he was just joking? I mean if you take it literally it's a pretty lousy excuse anyway you look at it.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.

Cliff Racer posted:

Brak's dad has the exact same problems that Space Ghost does. A lot of mouth movements, human body, etc. Switching him in would solve precisely nothing.

And again, you're looking at having to pay George Lowe to do the voice, since it's not exactly fair to expect a guy not under contract with your network to do VO work for free.

I wouldn't be stunned if they're doing Cartoon Planet with the same constraints they were under back in the beginnings of Adult Swim: "You can do anything you want, as long as you don't spend any money while you do it."

Can someone refer me to the people who thought an Annoying Orange TV series was a good idea? Or more Fred? It's not that I mind the federal government developing alternative forms of torture, I just don't see why they have to be tested on human subjects.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
For the same reason that all those other internet properties have got tv shows. Because its easy to look at a youtube view count and think "wow people watch this stuff." I assume, like all those other internet properties, that it will be pulled within a month and, if its lucky, will burn through the last half of its episodes in a Sunday morning death slot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'll just never understand how TV execs can look at a 5 minute (or less) YouTube video with a high view count and say "Yes... yes this can be stretched to a half-hour." And I get that TV execs aren't the hippest guys around and don't exactly get the internet, but you'd figure after enough shows based on YouTube and Twitter had already crashed and burned, they'd give up on that.

e: Oh, and I'll crosspost this from the BSS Animation thread since I haven't seen it posted here, here's a nifty behind-the-scenes look at Ultimate Spider-Man. Drake Bell's Spidey voice still isn't great, but it's growing on me.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 30, 2012

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
HAHAAHAHAHA! Oh wow! The ending to Digimon Hunters suuuuuuucked!

I mean, painfully so. All that build up to other protagonist's showing up and in the end all it amounted to was FOUR loving EPISODES with them not really doing anything. It was like terrible fanfiction but done with less love for the source material. It's a shame too because a lot of the basic concepts in play were actually pretty cool.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007

TwoPair posted:

And I get that TV execs aren't the hippest guys around and don't exactly get the internet, but you'd figure after enough shows based on YouTube and Twitter had already crashed and burned, they'd give up on that.

"Yes, but clearly the problem with those other shows was that I, Bob Executive wasn't running it! The executives that greenlit all those other shows are gap-toothed morons! Everything I touch turns to gold! Dammit, are we out of coke already?"

Also, since it was kind of ignored earlier: while I'm glad the Chapmans got a production deal and am looking forward to whatever they come up with, I suppose that between that and the Aquabats Super Show that there's no chance of seeing any new Homestar Runner for several years, if at all. :(

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

readingatwork posted:

HAHAAHAHAHA! Oh wow! The ending to Digimon Hunters suuuuuuucked!

I mean, painfully so. All that build up to other protagonist's showing up and in the end all it amounted to was FOUR loving EPISODES with them not really doing anything. It was like terrible fanfiction but done with less love for the source material. It's a shame too because a lot of the basic concepts in play were actually pretty cool.
Honestly, it shouldn't have had anything to do with Xross Wars and it should have been it's own thing.

If Digimon's weakness is anywhere, it's in direct sequels.

And the whole "hold on guys, your favourite doods from the previous Digimon series are coming!" as was hinted at way back at the start of Xross Wars (though that might have been people being stupid with shadows) and though the Digi Memories was a ruse to keep viewing figures up, for sure and sort of betrayed the idea of having the Kamen Rider W dood do the series meant anything of note.

And that's all before we get to Toei's Stupidity with the streaming rights (for all their shows, to be honest, I want my legal Fist of the North Star, damnit :scotland:)
:goonsay:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Parallax posted:

Is it possible that he was just joking? I mean if you take it literally it's a pretty lousy excuse anyway you look at it.

It's possible, but it's totally believable that Williams Street would be that lazy on animation.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

ConanThe3rd posted:

And that's all before we get to Toei's Stupidity with the streaming rights (for all their shows, to be honest, I want my legal Fist of the North Star, damnit :scotland:)
:goonsay:

Get/Import the DVDs from Discotek. You'll probably need a region free player for 'em, but that's pretty much just a inconvenience at this point.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So all of you reminiscing about Toonami, Adult Swim seems to be running it right now as some kind of April Fool's thing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

SlothfulCobra posted:

So all of you reminiscing about Toonami, Adult Swim seems to be running it right now as some kind of April Fool's thing.

Holy poo poo, I am literally getting teary-eyed watching these awesome 90s animes and Toonami bumpers.

The lost days of my youth...

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

The Tenchi thing they showed was OVA 3, which never aired on TV until now. :stare:

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I keep getting the same episode of gumball interrupting outlaw star. I'm watching on the fios xbox app.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

HypnoCabbage posted:

And again, you're looking at having to pay George Lowe to do the voice, since it's not exactly fair to expect a guy not under contract with your network to do VO work for free.

George Lowe does voices for Williams Street a lot still, though. I remember him showing up a couple of times in the new Aqua Teen episodes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
See, I'm glad the Room has outrun it's stay as the standard [as] April Fools joke but this being thier April Fools is just cruel, dood.

That said if this was all a stealth pilot for a 90's Are All That'esc revival it might just be one of the most canny moves anyone's made.

Let's see where this one lies because, much like Mazinkizer, CN has the ability to become ether a god or a devil a this moment.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 1, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ConanThe3rd posted:

Let's see where this one lies because, much like Mazinkizer, CN has the ability to become ether a god or a devil a this moment.

You bastard, I just pictured Toonami actually returning with Shin Mazinger as one of its main shows and it was so beautiful I shed a single tear.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I mentioned not going to sleep last night at a decent time because of Toonami today at work and at least 4 other people said the same thing. COME ON CARTOON NETWORK!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Nickelodeon is apparently selling Gak again. You know ten years after the last game show that used Gak on it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Gak was a parent's nightmare.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I bought Nickelodeon Floam once and it dried out within about 3 days.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Gak left a horrible green stain in one of my family's old cars!

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Neo Helbeast posted:

Nickelodeon is apparently selling Gak again. You know ten years after the last game show that used Gak on it.

I thought they were bringing it back on some newly redone game show or something.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Figure it Out is coming back, wasn't that the word?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I watched that last night without really thinking about it being an April Fool's day joke. They showed an episode of DB:Z which I decided to watch on a whim. Apparently it was the last episode of the cell plot arc and the episode featured Cell and Gohan firing a single beam at eachother for 95% of the episode. Knowing it was an April Fool's day joke makes showing that episode so much more of an inspired choice.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007

dude789 posted:

I watched that last night without really thinking about it being an April Fool's day joke. They showed an episode of DB:Z which I decided to watch on a whim. Apparently it was the last episode of the cell plot arc and the episode featured Cell and Gohan firing a single beam at eachother for 95% of the episode. Knowing it was an April Fool's day joke makes showing that episode so much more of an inspired choice.
Someone in the GBS April Fools Day thread posted that all the episodes they showed had the common theme of their main characters either dying or having something terrible happen to them.

Edit: For those who have decided to jump off the grid, Netflix now has the first seasons of popular Hub shows Pound Puppies, Transformers Prime, and GI Joe: Renegades.

Also that horse program everyone in the forums is sick of/can't get enough of.

HypnoCabbage fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 3, 2012

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Edit: Whoops, doublepost. Info edited into above post.

HypnoCabbage fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 3, 2012

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

HypnoCabbage posted:

Someone in the GBS April Fools Day thread posted that all the episodes they showed had the common theme of their main characters either dying or having something terrible happen to them.

Edit: For those who have decided to jump off the grid, Netflix now has the first seasons of popular Hub shows Pound Puppies, Transformers Prime, and GI Joe: Renegades.

Also that horse program everyone in the forums is sick of/can't get enough of.

Yay! I heard G.I. Joe Renegades was pretty good but I couldn't be assed to download it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Does anyone have a list of what episodes of what shows they showed on Adult Swim? I totally didn't have time to watch TV last night, I'm pretty sad about that now.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

GonSmithe posted:

Does anyone have a list of what episodes of what shows they showed on Adult Swim? I totally didn't have time to watch TV last night, I'm pretty sad about that now.
12:00 - Bleach (NEW) - "Episode 247"
12:30 - Dragon Ball Z - "Save the World"
01:00 - Gundam Wing - "Heero, Distracted by Defeat"
01:30 - Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki - "Z"
(Tenchi went a little past the timeslot so the times from here on out are approximate)
02:15 - Outlaw Star - "Maze of Despair"
02:45 - The Big O - "Roger the Negotiator"
03:15 - Yu Yu Hakusho - "A Reason to Fight"
03:45 - Blue Submarine No. 6 - "Blues"
04:15 - Trigun - "Paradise"
04:50 - Astro Boy - "The Birth of Astro Boy"
05:20 - Gigantor - "Sting of the Spider!"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I loved in high school when I'd wake up 5:30 and Gigantor would be on. Was such a treat when I woke up :)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I still can't believe they went and got the rights back for Big O season 1 just for one stunt.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I still can't believe they went and got the rights back for Big O season 1 just for one stunt.

Adult Swim: not too cheap to kick you in the nuts about shows they're too cheap to run.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Considering that every show they showed was accompanied by a brief commercial for the DVDs, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't actually shell out for the rights to the whole season. It was probably a quid-pro-quo type of thing, 1 episode for 1 commercial, and only on this one night.

Unless of course they bought back those shows for a new Toonami relaunch...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Well, at least throw the gauntlet down on that one...oh.

Yeah, ether Williams Street have become suicidal and want death by cop or they have a plan.

The problem is, WS has shown signs of both in thier history so...

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe interest in Toonami's revival will result in a Big O season 3!

Oh, who am I kidding :(

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Phineas & Ferb did it. They finally did it. They went and made the Meap sequel... and tossed in Jeff Foxworthy for some reason :psyduck:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Apr 7, 2012

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Not only that, they're taking every gag scene in the trailer and incorporating it in the most comedic way possible.

ETA:
"Wow, we've been falling for a long time!"
"Yeah. Remembering the commercial break. That's how I want to spend my last seconds."

mobo85 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dammit, I missed it and I wanted to see how they'd work in all of the trailer clips. What are they smoking over at Disney when it comes to this show, anyway? I don't think they've ever premiered a new P&F episode at the same time/day twice in a row, and then aside from On Demand you'll be waiting like a month or two to see a rerun.