Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

Dolash posted:

Who wants to bet updates peter out until 4/13?

I don't know. He has said before that he isn't as concerned with doing something special on these dates as he used to be, but on the other hand this seems like a really good stopping point for a flash (possibly the End of Act 6 Intermission 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
When I wake up tomorrow maybe the album will actually be released. Hope springs eternal. :allears:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Boneless Jogger posted:

I don't know. He has said before that he isn't as concerned with doing something special on these dates as he used to be, but on the other hand this seems like a really good stopping point for a flash (possibly the End of Act 6 Intermission 2)

The problem with meta-shenenigans is anything he might have said might possibly be voided by the events in the comic. So if he says "nothing big planned for 4/13" that could mean Hussie really doesn't plan to do anything for 4/13, or it could've been him being 'in character' as himself, the authour, that has now died, and something will happen on 4/13 anyway.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dolash posted:

The problem with meta-shenenigans is anything he might have said might possibly be voided by the events in the comic. So if he says "nothing big planned for 4/13" that could mean Hussie really doesn't plan to do anything for 4/13, or it could've been him being 'in character' as himself, the authour, that has now died, and something will happen on 4/13 anyway.

Well, he actually gave reasons for that. Remember, planning events for specific days fucks with pacing, which is already kinda a problem with Homestuck without anything exacerbating poo poo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bell_ posted:

Will this suffice?

Oh man, the lyrics in this had me in stitches. Olive Garden breadsticks will be eaten sadly in remembrance indeed, even though I'm pretty sure OG breadsticks can't be eaten any other way.

Also, I can't see this being a real april fool's joke, aside from the part where IRL Andrew Hussie is pretending to be dead. I'm certain his author avatar is dead. Hussie's usefulness in his own story has long since passed, and it was about time he killed himself off.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Constable Lemon posted:

Hussie's usefulness in his own story has long since passed, and it was about time he killed himself off.

But now who's gonna recap for us???

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

nerdbot posted:

Man, gently caress recaps. That poo poo is all hells of long.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

nerdbot posted:

Lord English. In his 40-point rainbow font.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Well, he actually gave reasons for that. Remember, planning events for specific days fucks with pacing, which is already kinda a problem with Homestuck without anything exacerbating poo poo.

On the other hand, when serendipity provides a major milestone near a certain date, he's fudged it to make it fit in the past, hasn't he?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Bongo Bill posted:

On the other hand, when serendipity provides a major milestone near a certain date, he's fudged it to make it fit in the past, hasn't he?

Yes, that's why Cascade happened when it did. He had it finished like a week early, but waited on posting it because why the hell not?

He used to try to post things on certain dates, and that's when the pacing got a little wonkier than usual.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

God drat we haven't had a recap since the one in white, have we? That was... FUUUCK, that was right after Jadesprite was born. SO MUCH poo poo has happened since then.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
How funny would it be if this was just the end of homestuck and Hussie just disappeared never to be heard from again.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Raider posted:

Don't worry, guys, Vriska will totally show up and save Hussie. :allears:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=006713

Midnight Raider posted:

:smith:

Personally, I think this is the most fun I've had reading Homestuck in ages.

I mean, how do you take a principle villain who hasn't been in your comic for 98% of it's lifetime and make him a threat?

Well, killing the guy who writes the comic is a good way to start, I guess.

No but seriously I'm fully expecting this to mess poo poo up and we're not gonna get Intermission's 3-6, no, Lord English is going after the kids right loving now, with the horrorterrors trying to slow him down so they'll be able to make it in time.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Given that LE just whacked the comic's goddamn author, I think he's setting his sights a little higher than killing some teenaged coffin cloggers.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Talorat posted:

How funny would it be if this was just the end of homestuck and Hussie just disappeared never to be heard from again.

After a few weeks of confusion, Ryan North steps up and finishes the homestuck story, phasing out the old characters and introducing a new all-dinosaur cast.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm guessing Act 6 Act 3 is going to start on the 13th. Hope there's a flash.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
The place Hussie was hiding Slick is the same place John and Jade are passing through, right? I wonder if English will have enough time to interfere with their trip.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
What pattern is Hussie's blood making? Looks like it's supposed to be something.

e: apparently Vriska's blood spread out in the same pattern.

Saradiart fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 2, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I figured it was meant to suggest troll god tier wings, specifically UU's since he was wearing a UU getup and the tips resemble the horns.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I would actually hope that we get through the entirety of the trolls' and kids trip to the new B2 universe prior to finishing Act 6 Act 2. It'd be weird from a story perspective for us to go back to the B2 session prior to the kids arriving.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

I would actually hope that we get through the entirety of the trolls' and kids trip to the new B2 universe prior to finishing Act 6 Act 2. It'd be weird from a story perspective for us to go back to the B2 session prior to the kids arriving.

The B2 kids still have a lot of business to attend to before the time is right, narratively speaking, for the B1 kids to arrive. Only one of them has even entered the Medium yet! We'll be spending a lot of time with them. It would probably be better to keep coming back to the B1 kids every once in a while, so that we're not too long away from any one main character. I don't think he wants a repeat of Hivebent, where all the characters are left in cliffhangers while a whole new batch of them gets their own adventure for three months. Going back and forth keeps plot threads from going stale.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

TheRagamuffin posted:

The place Hussie was hiding Slick is the same place John and Jade are passing through, right? I wonder if English will have enough time to interfere with their trip.

The dude is a time traveller, I'm sure he has all the time he needs if he wants to.

Surprise Noodle posted:

I know this is Homestuck and everything is significant and/or a callback, but I'm pretty sure that's just some machinegun firing onomatopoeia. BRAKA BRAKA BRAKA, not BARK.

I think it is both. The BARK code is presumably the same one as the MEOW, t1ck T0CK br8k H34DS and HONK honk codes

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Farewell noble huss. :(

Now I hope we get a callback to this scene when LE is killed with magic.

Or we just get a repeat of this, either would be fine.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I do hope that album is released today, though I won't be too disappointed if it isn't (still hope it's soon though!)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Prison Warden posted:

I think it is both. The BARK code is presumably the same one as the MEOW, t1ck T0CK br8k H34DS and HONK honk codes

Actually, it's a callback to this.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

TheRagamuffin posted:

Chances are, Slick survived by stumbling through the fourth wall after Hussie broke into Doc's place. That area Hussie broke in through was the same place he set up the walls. It's further just as likely that this is how Lord English got in.

But it's also like 3 nanoseconds or whatever from Hussie's perspective so English probably can't do poo poo other than perhaps break through the wall and mess with the B2 session once everyone's there.

...I kind of want to know how Hussie's world fits into the Grand Cosmology Of Homestuck even if it isn't really supposed to make sense.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
If Lord English wanted to mess with John and Jade he would be already there, three nanoseconds or not.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's not like this story is any stranger to having events take place out of chronological order.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

I finished ironing out a thing: Fiasco:Homestuck Edition v1.0

Any comments you can leave regarding the "flavor" or choices I could add would be greatly appreciated! I'll try to playtest this within the next week and tweak it accordingly, anyone else is free to do so as well.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

FewtureMD posted:

I finished ironing out a thing: Fiasco:Homestuck Edition v1.0

Any comments you can leave regarding the "flavor" or choices I could add would be greatly appreciated! I'll try to playtest this within the next week and tweak it accordingly, anyone else is free to do so as well.

I feel like the prototyping and weapon components inventory fillers either need to be more numerous or more general. They feel a little bit too specific to canon Homestuck, when that should really be a point for the players to develop weird idiosyncrasies of their own.

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
Not to put too fine a point on it but album is loving where. I want to give money to talented people :(

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Snollygoster posted:

Not to put too fine a point on it but album is loving where. I want to give money to talented people :(

When Hussie said Monday he was only saying he hoped it would be ready by Monday. Really, nobody has any idea when whatever nebulous legalese bullshit is holding it back will get resolved.

But according him Radiation deserves all of the blame for making the album late. All of it.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Snollygoster posted:

It's currently tied up in a legal hell. There's so many new artists who need to be brought up to speed on what's going on and what's legal for Hussie and themselves to do with the music now and I hear it's a real clusterfuck.
Apparently some people have been hard to get hold of and it's either just keep trying to get them or dump their work from the album, which nobody really wants to do.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Slime posted:

It's currently tied up in a legal hell. There's so many new artists who need to be brought up to speed on what's going on and what's legal for Hussie and themselves to do with the music now and I hear it's a real clusterfuck.
Apparently some people have been hard to get hold of and it's either just keep trying to get them or dump their work from the album, which nobody really wants to do.

Ugh why can't they just be like normal people and check their e-mails once per day?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
We'll never get the album because Hussie is DEAD.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Snollygoster posted:

I saw some new posts and saw

Snollygoster posted:

___ __ ___ ___ ____ _ _____ __ __ ___ album is loving _here. I want to give money to talented people :(
and I was so excited. :qq:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Well Manicured Man posted:

Ugh why can't they just be like normal people and check their e-mails once per day?

Don't you mean ten times per day? :confused:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Don't people get instant notifications for their e-mails nowadays?

FrictionlessEmu
Jan 24, 2011

Slime posted:

Well, Hussie said that they were considering making today a "come hell or high water date", so it sounds like they're about ready to drop people. It would be somewhat unfortunate, but couldn't they still offer to put the songs on a future album (assuming the musicians do eventually get all of the legal stuff done)? That seems like a better solution than to continue delaying this album indefinitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Walliard posted:

Don't you mean ten times per day? :confused:

That's not a lot.

I've already checked my emails twice while reading all the new posts in this thread.